If you needed a Z-machine interpreter for 2.11BSD...

Adam Thornton

Jan 4, 2020, 12:22:28 AM1/4/20
I've got you covered.

https://github.com/athornton/pdp11-zterp/

If you aren't running a PDP-11 with 2.11BSD on it, you may be disappointed.

Adam

ne...@zzo38computer.org.invalid

Jan 4, 2020, 5:25:23 PM1/4/20
ad...@fsf.net (Adam Thornton) wrote:

> https://github.com/athornton/pdp11-zterp/

I don't have a PDP-11 computer, but nevertheless here is a patch (which
is, of course, untested):

To implement permanent shifts, replace line 231-232 of text.c with:

shift_lock=shift_state;
shift_state=code-3;
if(shift_lock && shift_lock!=shift_state) shift_lock=shift_state=0;

(This is based on the version as of commit 2be7a18)

--
Note: I am not always able to read/post messages during Monday-Friday.

Adam Thornton

Jan 6, 2020, 11:27:34 PM1/6/20
In article <157817613...@zzo38computer.org>,
<ne...@zzo38computer.org.invalid> wrote:
>ad...@fsf.net (Adam Thornton) wrote:
>>
>> https://github.com/athornton/pdp11-zterp/
>
>I don't have a PDP-11 computer, but nevertheless here is a patch (which
>is, of course, untested):
>
>To implement permanent shifts, replace line 231-232 of text.c with:
>
> shift_lock=shift_state;
> shift_state=code-3;
> if(shift_lock && shift_lock!=shift_state) shift_lock=shift_state=0;
>
>(This is based on the version as of commit 2be7a18)

Thanks. I'll try it at some point.

Adam