Interactive Fiction Writing Month -- Indianapolis

madd...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2009, 11:26:46 AM2/12/09
Hi,

This is a long-shot, especially judging by the earlier IF map that was
shared a little while back.

Is anyone in Indianapolis, Indiana planning to participate in the
Interactive Fiction Writing Month (http://www.instamatique.com/if/)?
The website passively suggests local meet-ups for geographical areas
with enough participants, and I thought it sounded like a neat idea.

On a less specific note, are many regulars of RAIF of any geographical
location planning to participate? I've seen two mentions of it on
planet-if, but not so much discussion (not that there needs to be a
lot of discussion, I was just wondering if people are as enthusiastic
about the idea as I am).

-Aric

Kate McKee

Feb 12, 2009, 8:58:56 PM2/12/09
If interested participants are too scattered among various geographic
foci, there's always the online option.

Do many RAIFers have teleconferencing capabilities through academic or
corporate (or gaming-geek-neighbor) connections?

George Oliver

Feb 12, 2009, 9:28:27 PM2/12/09
On Feb 12, 8:26 am, "maddu...@gmail.com" <maddu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On a less specific note, are many regulars of RAIF of any geographical
> location planning to participate? I've seen two mentions of it on
> planet-if, but not so much discussion (not that there needs to be a
> lot of discussion, I was just wondering if people are as enthusiastic
> about the idea as I am).

It's on my radar at least -- I put up a flyer at the local writing
center, hugohouse.org, last night. So I'm curious if that'll draw some
people.

madd...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2009, 4:52:51 PM2/13/09
On Feb 12, 8:58 pm, Kate McKee <kate-mc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do many RAIFers have teleconferencing capabilities through academic or
> corporate (or gaming-geek-neighbor) connections?

I don't -- but if group discussion will be absolutely essential for
the experience, I wonder if teamspeak or skype would suffice?

Not a lot of time left to decide.

-Aric

Glenn Willen

Feb 13, 2009, 7:39:01 PM2/13/09
In article <98643649-00a1-408f...@m40g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, madd...@gmail.com wrote:
> I don't -- but if group discussion will be absolutely essential for
> the experience, I wonder if teamspeak or skype would suffice?
>
> Not a lot of time left to decide.

This post reminded me that IF Month doesn't have a forum yet -- I'm putting one
up now. It'll be at http://ifmonth.proboards.com/, that being the first free
forum host I could find (hopefully it will serve.) Suggestions on forum
structure welcome, as I'm doing this very hurriedly. :-)

(If we want virtual meetups there's always IRC...)

gwillen

George Oliver

Feb 13, 2009, 8:27:32 PM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 4:39 pm, Glenn Willen <gwil...@gwillen-mac.local> wrote:
> This post reminded me that IF Month doesn't have a forum yet -- I'm putting one
> up now. It'll be at http://ifmonth.proboards.com/, that being the first free
> forum host I could find (hopefully it will serve.) Suggestions on forum
> structure welcome, as I'm doing this very hurriedly. :-)

If you would like a forum, I think it's not too late to set up a
thread for this at the Intfiction forums -- http://www.intfiction.org/forum/
-- as well. You'd get a few more eyeballs there (not literally I
hope).

Vivienne Dunstan

Feb 14, 2009, 2:39:15 PM2/14/09
madd...@gmail.com <madd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On a less specific note, are many regulars of RAIF of any geographical
> location planning to participate? I've seen two mentions of it on
> planet-if, but not so much discussion (not that there needs to be a
> lot of discussion, I was just wondering if people are as enthusiastic
> about the idea as I am).

I'm planning on participating, though I won't be meeting up with any
people, or using Skype or similar substitutes to work around geographic
isolation. But I do plan to use the event as a bit of the kick up the
backside to encourage me to open up Inform 7 again :)

Viv