IntroComp 2006 - Games Now Available!

1 view

Jacqueline A. Lott

Jul 17, 2006, 3:07:50 PM7/17/06
It is with great pleasure that I announce the release of six entries
in the 2006 IntroComp, sponsored by XyzzyNews:

- The Art of Deception, by she's long gone
- Child's Play, by Stephen Granade
- Mechs, by Allan Crain
- Nothing But Mazes, by Greg Boettcher
- Sabotage!, by Felix Plesoianu
- Southern Gothic, by Mordechai Shinefield

Information on downloading the games and submitting your votes will
soon be available at http://www.xyzzynews.com/introcomp but in the
meantime, the games may be downloaded from the following sites:

http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/mini-comps/introcomp/introcomp06.zip
http://www.allthingsjacq.com/IntroComp06/introcomp06.zip

VOTING DEADLINE: Friday, August 4, 2006, at 11:59 EST.

Winners will be announced live, on ifMUD, at 4:00pm EST (9:00pm GMT),
Sunday, August 7, 2006. Information on ifMUD can be found at
http://ifmud.port4000.com/

Thank you to Eileen Mullin and XyzzyNews for sponsoring IntroComp yet
again this year, and to everyone who entered this year's comp.

Thanks also (in advance) to everyone who participates in the voting.

Regards,
Jacqueline A. Lott
____

The waters of Usenet were once rich in posters. Then the Usenet
trawlers set their nets and devastated the population, leaving the
ecology in serious imbalance.

VERY IMPORTANT: Please direct all e-mail to my gmail.com account:
jacqueline.a.lott, as I do not check the e-mail I used to set up my
Google account.

Jacqueline A. Lott

Jul 17, 2006, 3:33:56 PM7/17/06
Jacqueline A. Lott wrote:
> Winners will be announced live, on ifMUD, at 4:00pm EST (9:00pm GMT),
> Sunday, August 7, 2006. Information on ifMUD can be found at
> http://ifmud.port4000.com/

Make that Sunday, August *6*, 2006.

Cheers,
Jacqueline

Jacqueline A. Lott

Jul 17, 2006, 6:29:13 PM7/17/06
My sincerest apologies to Michael Pruitt, whose game was omitted
from the zip file posted earlier this morning (despite me allegedly
*triple checking*). Both zip files are being updated to reflect his
entry,
and for those of you who already downloaded the six-game zip file,
here's a separate link, just for Michael's game, "Unyielding Fury":

http://www.allthingsjacq.com/IntroComp06/unyielding_fury.zip

So that brings the total number of entries to seven, not six:

- The Art of Deception, by she's long gone
- Child's Play, by Stephen Granade
- Mechs, by Allan Crain
- Nothing But Mazes, by Greg Boettcher
- Sabotage!, by Felix Plesoianu
- Southern Gothic, by Mordechai Shinefield

- Unyielding Fury, by Michael Pruitt

Cheers,
Jacqueline