Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

vaporware

ungelesen,
19.10.2010, 15:31:1419.10.10
an
The number of open Core Inform bugs on the tracker is dwindling, even
reaching zero a couple times recently. A maintenance update is planned
for release within the next week.

This upcoming version will include Quixe so Glulx games can be
released as playable web sites. It will resolve 120+ bugs, but won't
add any notable features other than a few small syntax tweaks.

vw

mwigdahl

ungelesen,
19.10.2010, 17:23:1919.10.10
an

Wow, that's fantastic news! Thanks!

Matt

Al

ungelesen,
19.10.2010, 20:10:5519.10.10
an
On Oct 19, 1:31 pm, vaporware <jmcg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The number of open Core Inform bugs on the tracker is dwindling, even
> reaching zero a couple times recently. A maintenance update is planned
> for release within the next week.

I hope that Graham resolved the extra line feeds in the output of
website pages.

I know I've brought this up several times n the past and made a post
to either the comments page
or the bug page. Not sure which one. 5U92 was the last version
that did not add the extra line feeds in the web output.

Jim Aikin

ungelesen,
19.10.2010, 21:44:5719.10.10
an
On 10/19/2010 5:10 PM, Al wrote:

> I hope that Graham resolved the extra line feeds in the output of
> website pages.

I have a vague recollection (could be misremembering) that this was
happening because of the way you usually type your code, not because of
any problem with Inform.

Any place where you hit the return key, the web page will have a blank
line. That's the way HTML paragraphing works.

--JA

S. John Ross

ungelesen,
19.10.2010, 22:48:3919.10.10
an
On Oct 19, 1:31 pm, vaporware <jmcg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Fantastic. I'm enjoying this period of temporary calm, where it's all
just refinements and tweaks and bugfixes and things (though I'm sure
we have new waves of big features to surf sometime in the future, this
is a nice mellow year) :)

Al

ungelesen,
19.10.2010, 23:25:1219.10.10
an
On Oct 19, 7:44 pm, Jim Aikin <midigur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a vague recollection (could be misremembering) that this was
> happening because of the way you usually type your code, not because of
> any problem with Inform.

No that's not correct. Unless I've figured wrongly this started with
5Z71.
5U92 accepted line feeds and did not output them in them in the
web page output.

I went back and compiled some stuff with 5U92 and then with 5Z71. both
had line feeds in the code. 5U92 worked fine but 5Z71 added the extra
feeds.

vaporware

ungelesen,
20.10.2010, 00:07:5720.10.10
an

I think you're referring to this bug report: http://inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=48

As Jim points out, recent versions of cBlorb turn carriage returns
into paragraph breaks. This is by design and will not change in the
new version, although it is unfortunate that certain radical
formatting styles don't look very pretty this way.

vw

Jim Aikin

ungelesen,
20.10.2010, 00:46:3620.10.10
an
On 10/19/2010 9:07 PM, vaporware wrote:

> As Jim points out, recent versions of cBlorb turn carriage returns
> into paragraph breaks. This is by design and will not change in the
> new version, although it is unfortunate that certain radical
> formatting styles don't look very pretty this way.

If anyone wants to see the HTML page formatted differently, they can
always use a little search-and-replace to change selected bits of HTML
code. HTML stylesheets give you detailed control over the appearance of
the page. If you don't like how I7 does it, break out that CSS tutorial
and get hackin'!

--JA

Ron Newcomb

ungelesen,
20.10.2010, 12:45:1120.10.10
an

Yay! Frankeninform, your days are numbered!

Al

ungelesen,
21.10.2010, 13:32:5221.10.10
an

On Oct 19, Jim Aikin wrote:

> If anyone wants to see the HTML page formatted differently, they can
> always use a little search-and-replace to change selected bits of HTML
> code. HTML stylesheets give you detailed control over the appearance of
> the page. If you don't like how I7 does it, break out that CSS tutorial
> and get hackin'!

Is cblorb part of the css process?
I don't think Graham would approve of hacking the compiler.

Jim Aikin

ungelesen,
21.10.2010, 14:55:4621.10.10
an
On 10/21/2010 10:32 AM, Al wrote:

> Is cblorb part of the css process?
> I don't think Graham would approve of hacking the compiler.

I'm not sure what cblorb is or does. But in any event, it has nothing to
do with CSS, which is an industry-wide standard.

You can learn about CSS and HTML online. There are many good tutorials.
What Inform does is create an HTML file, which I assume is associated
with a CSS file. (If it's not, you can do that yourself.)

Simply open the I7-generated HTML file in any text editor and make
whatever changes you would like. It's not actually very difficult. Of
course, there IS a learning curve....

--JA

Adam Thornton

ungelesen,
21.10.2010, 17:14:2721.10.10
an
In article <7f1b6ca7-b6a7-433c...@c10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,

Al <radi...@evcohs.com> wrote:
>On Oct 19, Jim Aikin wrote:
>
>> If anyone wants to see the HTML page formatted differently, they can
>> always use a little search-and-replace to change selected bits of HTML
>> code. HTML stylesheets give you detailed control over the appearance of
>> the page. If you don't like how I7 does it, break out that CSS tutorial
>> and get hackin'!
>
>Is cblorb part of the css process?
> I don't think Graham would approve of hacking the compiler.

'Release along with a "Whatever" website' gives you the opportunity to
create your own directory in the Templates directory of the Materials
folder, in which you can put your own HTML, with the placeholders
(specified in the manual) available for substitution, and your own CSS.

No compiler hacking is required, and the process is documented in the
Inform manual.

Adam

Al

ungelesen,
21.10.2010, 17:24:2621.10.10
an
On Oct 21, 3:14 pm, a...@fsf.net (Adam Thornton) wrote:

> 'Release along with a "Whatever" website' gives you the opportunity to
> create your own directory in the Templates directory of the Materials
> folder, in which you can put your own HTML, with the placeholders
> (specified in the manual) available for substitution, and your own CSS.
>
> No compiler hacking is required, and the process is documented in the
> Inform manual.

OK I'll check it out. I do not know how to do css however.

Allen antworten
Dem Autor antworten
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten