Cave question

1 view

indigolem

Sep 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/20/00
I've got a cave in my first IF.
Can I get sued for that, or is
it considered mandatory?

---
Indigolem ||[ http://octoberzone.port5.com/ ]||

Larry Smith

Sep 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/20/00
indigolem wrote:

> I've got a cave in my first IF.
> Can I get sued for that, or is
> it considered mandatory?

No. No.

--
.-. .-. .---. .---. .-..-. | "Bill Gates is just a monocle
| |__ / | \| |-< | |-< > / | and a Persian Cat away from
`----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-' | being one of the bad guys in a
My opinions only. | James Bond movie." -- D Miller

John E

Sep 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/20/00
In fact I think there is a law that a text game must contain one of the
following..

1. a maze of twisty passages all alike
2. Some dark place for a grue to eat you.
3. Something that uses batteries, but no batteries in the game
4. A seemingly useless object that will win or lose the game.
5. An annoying robot
6. water that you can see and hear, but not taste or drink.
7. Something described that's not there right now.
8. xyzzy
9. Trolls, trolls, and more trolls.
10. no tea

Kathleen M. Fischer

Sep 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/20/00
In article <B5E903FB.2B67%john...@earthlink.net>,

John E <john...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> In fact I think there is a law that a text game must contain one of
the
> following..
>
> 1. a maze of twisty passages all alike
> 2. Some dark place for a grue to eat you.
> 3. Something that uses batteries, but no batteries in the game
> 4. A seemingly useless object that will win or lose the game.
> 5. An annoying robot
> 6. water that you can see and hear, but not taste or drink.
> 7. Something described that's not there right now.
> 8. xyzzy
> 9. Trolls, trolls, and more trolls.
> 10. no tea

Great list!

But is there any game that has ALL of them? (I can't think of any that
have #5 & #9)

Kathleen (of course, a mini-comp could solve THAT one)

--
-- The Cove - Best of Landscape, Interactive Fiction Art Show 2000
-- ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/zcode/Cove.z5

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Matthew T. Russotto

Sep 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/20/00
In article <8qarl8$37s$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Kathleen M. Fischer <green_g...@my-deja.com> wrote:
}In article <B5E903FB.2B67%john...@earthlink.net>,
} John E <john...@earthlink.net> wrote:
}> In fact I think there is a law that a text game must contain one of
}the
}> following..
}>
}> 1. a maze of twisty passages all alike
}> 2. Some dark place for a grue to eat you.
}> 3. Something that uses batteries, but no batteries in the game
}> 4. A seemingly useless object that will win or lose the game.
}> 5. An annoying robot
}> 6. water that you can see and hear, but not taste or drink.
}> 7. Something described that's not there right now.
}> 8. xyzzy
}> 9. Trolls, trolls, and more trolls.
}> 10. no tea
}
}Great list!
}
}But is there any game that has ALL of them? (I can't think of any that
}have #5 & #9)

HHGTTG has an annoying robot and a (Bugblatter Beast of) Traal.
--
Matthew T. Russotto russ...@pond.com
of justice is no virtue."

Beej Jørgensen

Sep 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/20/00
In article <39C8D642...@smith-house.org>,

Larry Smith <lsm...@redhat.com> wrote:
>indigolem wrote:
>> I've got a cave in my first IF.
>> Can I get sued for that, or is
>> it considered mandatory?
>
>No. No.

And lots of people (like me) really like caves. :)

-Beej

Joshua Wise

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
> I've got a cave in my first IF.
> Can I get sued for that, or is
> it considered mandatory?

As an official representative of the Frobozz Magical Cave Company, we make
it our policy to sue EVERYONE. Not just people who use caves in their IF,
but people who go into caves, people who look at caves, and people who use
the word cave, without express written documentation*. Please expect a
summons in the mail very VERY soon.**

Official Dictator of Cave Usage and Cornflake Tester,
Long live the Inquisitor!!! (Please disregard, now that he is dead.)
Cardinal Fang***

*This letter therefore includes all of those who replied to the post in the
first place. Beware!

**It would be better if you bought a Frobozz Magic Auto-Totemizer and
totemized yourself before we ever put you through such a trial, seeing as
you will be found guilty anyway and Totemized immediately.

***Also known as Joshua Wise

kayce

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00
Joshua Wise wrote:

> Long live the Inquisitor!!! (Please disregard, now that he is dead.)
> Cardinal Fang***

Everybody scream on three: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

... and now to something completely different.

--
Raven Kayce
http://www.anzwers.net/hot/kayce