[ANNOUNCEMENT] TravelComp starts tonight!

Sasha

Jun 28, 2001, 12:31:23 PM6/28/01
This is to proudly announce that on June 28th, 20:30 GMT+3:00, IF
TravelComp went under way. Roll up!

Now, I hear some of the audience grumbling: "The lad must be out of
his mind! With the Annual IF Contest rapidly approaching, who does he
think is going to spend time on such an endeavor?"

This may sound valid; nevertheless, by taking a closer look, you could
see that the venture is actually quite promising.

For instance, if you are indeed in the process of creating an entry to
win the AC with, now would be the best time to put your laborious and
diligent work aside for a harmless distraction like the one I am
offering. If, however, you intend to miss out on this year's battle,
you might also consider this opportunity - after all, a year without a
contest is a year lost.

This contest is a boon for profies and newbies alike. If you have
already established yourself as an IF author, it shouldn't take you
long to hack out another masterpiece; if, however, you are still
making your way through the rows of authors seeking acclaim, this
would be a good place to start - after all, how would you feel if you
submitted your first tentative work to a major contest - and came in
last?

With the premises in place, the only other thing needed was a theme.
It did not take me long to come up with one - traveling! It has always
been one of my greatest delights; besides, what is summer but a
perfect time for voyages of all kinds?

So there you have it - TravelComp. The rules are simple: create a work
of IF, whose major theme (or one of them) is traveling, and send it to
me by August 2nd. Results will be announced shortly afterwards;
needless to say, the winners will receive worthy prizes.

Your work should be an original one, containing no racially or
religiously offensive messages and so on and so forth. Apart from
that, you have absolute artistic freedom: make it as entertaining or
deep, large or small, easy or complicated as you like.

Should you have any questions, contact me at
black_co...@hotmail.com. More information will be posted here if
necessary. And now - dig out your compiler and get down to it! Good
luck!

P.S. For more information and updates, go to
http://www.dreamwater.org/sasha/travel.html

Best wishes, Sasha.

http://www.dreamwater.org/sasha/index.html (That's right, TrueSpirit
fell apart. Oh well - it had to happen sooner or later).

Adam Biltcliffe

Jul 1, 2001, 6:39:50 PM7/1/01
Some are born Sasha. Some achieve Sasha. But rec.arts.int-fiction had
Sasha thrust upon it:

> If, however, you intend to miss out on this year's battle, you might
> also consider this opportunity - after all, a year without a contest
> is a year lost.

Are you implying that the only important works of IF are those entered
in the annual competition?

jw

Jaz

Jul 2, 2001, 12:05:03 PM7/2/01

"Adam Biltcliffe" <abilt...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

I'd better enter the annual comp then...

Jaz

Knight37

Jul 3, 2001, 4:05:10 PM7/3/01
"Jaz" <j...@1jason.com> babbled something about:

Hey, I was drinking when you wrote that and coke went out my nose!

--

Knight37

"All this machinery
Making modern music
Can still be open-hearted
Not so coldly charted
It's really just a question
Of your honesty, yeah, your honesty!"
-- Rush "The Spirit of Radio"

Anonymous

Jul 4, 2001, 5:29:51 AM7/4/01
Knight37 wrote in message ...

>Hey, I was drinking when you wrote that and coke went out my nose!

No, man - coke's meant to go into your nose!

(Did I just say that out loud???)

GRaEMe :o)