[NEWS] Disney+ announces 'Muppets Now' short-form series

Your Name

Aug 23, 2019, 11:26:19 PM8/23/19

From Variety.com ...

'The Muppets' Short-Form Series Coming to Disney Plus
Kermit, Miss Piggy and co. are coming to Disney Plus.

A short-form unscripted series starring the goofy puppets
is set to premiere on the forthcoming Disney streaming
service in 2020. The news was announced at the Disney Plus
D23 Expo event.

The announcement came with a brief teaser of Kermit and
Joe the Legal Weasel arguing over how many details about
the series they were allowed to divulge.

"You are not authorized to offer a peak, sneak or
otherwise," said the stubborn weasel in the brief clip.
"I know how you frogs are, you're always looking to leap
into the next big thing."

Coming exclusively to #DisneyPlus in 2020, @TheMuppets
proudly present MUPPETS NOW, a new short-form unscripted
series! I'd love to tell you more, but Joe The Legal Weasel
is right behind me. Gulp!

"I'd love to tell you more, but Joe The Legal Weasel is
right behind me. Gulp," wrote Kermit on his Twitter page.

The series will feature plenty of everyone's favorite
Muppets alongside celebrity guests. "Muppets Now" represents
the latest entry to the "Muppets" franchise, which was
started by Jim Henson. The most recent previous entry was
"The Muppets" movie in 2012 and its sequel  "Muppets Most
Wanted." The furry characters' previous foray into the
Disney-owned TV world didn't last long, after their ABC
series "The Muppets" was canceled after only one season back
in 2016.

"Muppets Now" will be produced by Muppets Studios.

<https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the-muppets-disney-plus-short-form-series-1203312841/>