Eternal September

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 6:10:59 PMFeb 21
I have set up a user account at Eternal September, but have been unable to access any newsgroups. I found their list of heirachies, and then their list of rec.groups, but nothing happened when I clicked on rec.arts.drwho. How do I access Usenet groups?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 6:14:26 PMFeb 21
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 3:10:59 PM UTC-8, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have set up a user account at Eternal September, but have been unable to access any newsgroups. I found their list of heirachies, and then their list of rec.groups, but nothing happened when I clicked on rec.arts.drwho. How do I access Usenet groups?

If you see this message after today, please email me your answer at tsbr...@gmail.com

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 6:17:48 PMFeb 21
Today = February 21, 2024.

%

Feb 21, 2024, 6:46:34 PMFeb 21
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have set up a user account at Eternal September, but have been unable to access any newsgroups. I found their list of heirachies, and then their list of rec.groups, but nothing happened when I clicked on rec.arts.drwho. How do I access Usenet groups?

subscribe you must subscribe to the group you want

%

Feb 21, 2024, 6:47:26 PMFeb 21
you should've cared sooner

Daniel65

Feb 21, 2024, 8:39:47 PMFeb 21
Tim, perhaps if you check out the suggestions here .... of course it
might have helped if you tried setting up your account WEEKS ago .... so
you'd have had more chances to sort things out!!

https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq

Check out points 2 and 3.

Also, Tim, I think E-S is trying to set up a Browser access point to
UseNet, too, but I don't know those details. Perhaps if you used your
E-S Account to check out the posts in eternal-september.support you
might find a relevant thread.
--
Daniel

Mich

Feb 21, 2024, 9:33:58 PMFeb 21
I Seamonkey and Thunderbird. You right-click the server for subscribe
option. A box pops up and you enter 'drwho' it will find groups
containing that.
Then it will say 'download 500 headers' or something like that.

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 9:48:27 PMFeb 21
In article <pI2dnR_J7PHSFkv4...@giganews.com>,
How smart is Tim?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 9:49:08 PMFeb 21
In article <pI2dnR7J7PEfFkv4...@giganews.com>,
Correct, but then I wonder if GG is stopping UseNet 21 Feb 2024 23:59:59 GMT ?

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 9:50:03 PMFeb 21
In article <ur68l0$3fq0p$1...@dont-email.me>,
Does Tim get it?

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 9:53:13 PMFeb 21
Can Tim do it?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 9:53:49 PMFeb 21
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 5:39:47 PM UTC-8, Daniel65 wrote:
> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have set up a user account at Eternal September, but have been
> > unable to access any newsgroups. I found their list of heirachies,
> > and then their list of rec.groups, but nothing happened when I clicked
> > on rec.arts.drwho. How do I access Usenet groups?
>
> > subscribe you must subscribe to the group you want
> Tim, perhaps if you check out the suggestions here .... of course it
> might have helped if you tried setting up your account WEEKS ago .... so
> you'd have had more chances to sort things out!!
>
> https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq
>
> Check out points 2 and 3.

Those points don't quite cover my problem. I can see the names of newsgroups, but nothing happens when I click on their names!

I can't even access eternal-september.support!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 10:44:32 PMFeb 21
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 5:39:47 PM UTC-8, Daniel65 wrote:
> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have set up a user account at Eternal September, but have been
> > unable to access any newsgroups. I found their list of heirachies,
> > and then their list of rec.groups, but nothing happened when I clicked
> > on rec.arts.drwho. How do I access Usenet groups?
>

> Also, Tim, I think E-S is trying to set up a Browser access point to
> UseNet, too, but I don't know those details. Perhaps if you used your
> E-S Account to check out the posts in eternal-september.support you
> might find a relevant thread.

I can't get to that group either! If the GG deadline passes before we solve this problem, please emial me at tsbr...@gmail.com.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 10:46:09 PMFeb 21
I subscribed via Seamonkey, but I still can't post.

%

Feb 21, 2024, 10:59:25 PMFeb 21
try telling him what i just said

%

Feb 21, 2024, 10:59:36 PMFeb 21

The True Doctor

Feb 22, 2024, 12:04:03 AMFeb 22
Don't help him. You know this group is going to be flooded one more with
number and letter spam if he figures out how to connect.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Feb 22, 2024, 7:50:09 AMFeb 22
In article <JBadnXAVsLQMW0v4...@giganews.com>,
I doubt Tim is that intelligent.

The Doctor

Feb 22, 2024, 7:50:26 AMFeb 22
In article <JBadnXMVsLQBW0v4...@giganews.com>,
Tim is really dopey!

The Doctor

Feb 22, 2024, 7:53:40 AMFeb 22
In article <ur6kk0$3lg3u$3...@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 22/02/2024 01:39, Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I have set up a user account at Eternal September, but have been
>>> unable to access any newsgroups.  I found their list of heirachies,
>>> and then their list of rec.groups, but nothing happened when I clicked
>>> on rec.arts.drwho.  How do I access Usenet groups?
>>
>>> subscribe you must subscribe to the group you want
>>
>> Tim, perhaps if you check out the suggestions here .... of course it
>> might have helped if you tried setting up your account WEEKS ago .... so
>> you'd have had more chances to sort things out!!
>>
>> https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq
>>
>> Check out points 2 and 3.
>>
>> Also, Tim, I think E-S is trying to set up a Browser access point to
>> UseNet, too, but I don't know those details. Perhaps if you used your
>> E-S Account to check out the posts in eternal-september.support you
>> might find a relevant thread.
>
>Don't help him. You know this group is going to be flooded one more with
>number and letter spam if he figures out how to connect.

E-S might terminate his just like they terminate a few other spammers!

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

Blueshirt

Feb 22, 2024, 10:06:26 AMFeb 22
> before we solve this problem...

It will be your own fault for not acting sooner!!!

Blueshirt

Feb 22, 2024, 10:08:18 AMFeb 22
The True Doctor wrote:

> On 22/02/2024 01:39, Daniel65 wrote:
> >
> > Also, Tim, I think E-S is trying to set up a Browser access
> > point to UseNet, too, but I don't know those details. Perhaps
> > if you used your E-S Account to check out the posts in
> > eternal-september.support you might find a relevant thread.
>
> Don't help him. You know this group is going to be flooded one
> more with number and letter spam if he figures out how to connect.

That is true... but it is a bit mean-spirited.