Rory is dead

John Pertwee

May 29, 2010, 9:55:42 PM5/29/10
Deal with it.

--

As a Christian, I have nothing but praise for Sister-in-Christ Patsy Ramsey. She was a
lovely woman who seldom killed her children.

The Doctor

May 29, 2010, 11:15:20 PM5/29/10
In article <7ch306pspv3l0u46p...@4ax.com>,

Whatever.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

Ignis Fatuus

May 30, 2010, 5:14:11 AM5/30/10
On Sat, 29 May 2010 20:55:42 -0500, John Pertwee
<johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Deal with it.

Does that mean the Wedding's off?

AlfyDoor

May 30, 2010, 6:45:20 AM5/30/10

"Ignis Fatuus" <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote in message

I don't have a problem with killing off Rory (though it does seem a bit out
of place with the season's rather light tone). But is it all just going to
be 're-set' at the end?

pbo...@aol.com

May 30, 2010, 7:23:45 AM5/30/10
On 30 May, 11:45, "AlfyDoor" <AlfyD...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

I haven't noticed a particularly light tone to most of this year's
stories, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a global reset
at the end of the year. Admittedly partly that's due to hoping the new
Daleks will vanish never to return, but it seems a little odd that
Moffatt came up with nothing better than "because we'd changed
everything else" as a justification for changing the Daleks - almost
as though he doesn't want to give the real reason for changing them
away just yet (such as a hint that this universe may not be all it
seems).

Phil

Ignis Fatuus

May 30, 2010, 8:16:40 AM5/30/10

Or a merchandising deal with Fisher-Price.

pbo...@aol.com

May 30, 2010, 8:40:40 AM5/30/10
On 30 May, 13:16, Ignis Fatuus <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 04:23:45 -0700 (PDT), "pbow...@aol.com"

Sadly I suspect that's more likely, but I can still hope.

Phil

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 8:52:58 AM5/30/10
In article <52b406la0vefc0flb...@4ax.com>,

LOL!

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 8:54:49 AM5/30/10
In article <5lrMn.4640$QF7.1081@hurricane>,

Cracks are happening in time and Silence will fall.

Stephen O'Connell

May 30, 2010, 8:52:12 AM5/30/10
"John Pertwee" <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Deal with it.

Glady.

However, I suspect that we will see Rory again at some stage...

--
http://holmesaudios.com

http://www.phantomaudio.co.uk

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 8:59:51 AM5/30/10
In article <httn9e$r31$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Anything can happen.

Coast...@cshor.com

May 30, 2010, 9:15:01 AM5/30/10

Probably in whatever universe this week's story was taking place, there
will be no wedding.

I'm sure that like a bad penny, Rory will be back. Either stepping out of
the shower in the last episode or waking up beside Suzanne Pleshette!

Hulahoop

May 30, 2010, 9:16:59 AM5/30/10

"John Pertwee" <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Who?

Regards

Ged

John Pertwee

May 30, 2010, 9:36:50 AM5/30/10
On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:16:59 GMT, "Hulahoop" <sween...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Dunno. Why did I even post this?

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

John Pertwee

May 30, 2010, 9:39:00 AM5/30/10

I hope that Doctor Who can return to the days that dead meant dead
forever.
--

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Mind you, it only took a day to burn.

Coast...@cshor.com

May 30, 2010, 9:40:49 AM5/30/10
John Pertwee <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:16:59 GMT, "Hulahoop" <sween...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"John Pertwee" <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Deal with it.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> As a Christian, I have nothing but praise for Sister-in-Christ Patsy
> >> Ramsey. She was a
> >> lovely woman who seldom killed her children.
> >

> >Who?
>
> Dunno. Why did I even post this?

Patricia Ann "Patsy" Ramsey (n�e Paugh; December 29, 1956 � June 24, 2006),
was the mother of JonBen�t Ramsey, a 6-year-old American beauty pageant
contestant who was murdered on December 25, 1996.

John Pertwee

May 30, 2010, 9:40:36 AM5/30/10
On 30 May 2010 13:40:49 GMT, Coast...@CShor.com wrote:

>John Pertwee <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:16:59 GMT, "Hulahoop" <sween...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"John Pertwee" <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> >Who?
>>
>> Dunno. Why did I even post this?
>

>Patricia Ann "Patsy" Ramsey (née Paugh; December 29, 1956 — June 24, 2006),
>was the mother of JonBenét Ramsey, a 6-year-old American beauty pageant

>contestant who was murdered on December 25, 1996.

(:

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 9:57:49 AM5/30/10
In article <20100530091335.356$u...@newsreader.com>,

Ever tried prolog?

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 9:59:24 AM5/30/10
In article <20100530093923.317$d...@newsreader.com>,

What does this have to do with Rory?

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 9:59:47 AM5/30/10
In article <1hq406tq8uetpr7es...@4ax.com>,

Time Wars need to be dealt with.

pbo...@aol.com

May 30, 2010, 10:05:45 AM5/30/10
On 30 May, 14:39, John Pertwee <johnpertweea...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 11:45:20 +0100, "AlfyDoor"
>
> <AlfyD...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >"Ignis Fatuus" <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote in message

> >> Does that mean the Wedding's off?
>
> >I don't have a problem with killing off Rory (though it does seem a bit out
> >of place with the season's rather light tone). But is it all just going to
> >be 're-set' at the end?
>
> I hope that Doctor Who can return to the days that dead meant dead
> forever.

Yes, Tenth Planet ruined everything. :-(

Rory's already come back from the dead once, so why not again?

Phil

John Pertwee

May 30, 2010, 10:32:01 AM5/30/10

LOL

>Rory's already come back from the dead once, so why not again?

IMHO, the only real way to bring him back would be if they were still
under control of The Dream Lord. Anything else would be cheap.

john smith

May 30, 2010, 1:21:08 PM5/30/10

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On 30 May, 11:45, "AlfyDoor" <AlfyD...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> "Ignis Fatuus" <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote in message

>> > Does that mean the Wedding's off?
>>
>> I don't have a problem with killing off Rory (though it does seem a bit
>> out
>> of place with the season's rather light tone). But is it all just going
>> be 're-set' at the end?
>
> I haven't noticed a particularly light tone to most of this year's
> stories, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a global reset

Global? More like Multiversal! Maybe Moffatt's trying to top RTD in his
"end of all reality" style finale?

john smith

May 30, 2010, 1:22:57 PM5/30/10

"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

> In article <5lrMn.4640$QF7.1081@hurricane>,
> AlfyDoor <Alfy...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>"Ignis Fatuus" <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote in message

>>> Does that mean the Wedding's off?
>>>

>>I don't have a problem with killing off Rory (though it does seem a bit
>>out
>>of place with the season's rather light tone). But is it all just going to
>>be 're-set' at the end?
>>

> Cracks are happening in time and Silence will fall.

We *know*, you stupid twat. We're all watching the SAME programme - and
we're weeks AHEAD of you - so fuck off with your mundane statements of the
obvious...

john smith

May 30, 2010, 1:24:31 PM5/30/10

<Coast...@CShor.com> wrote in message

Served the obnoxious little brat right!

john smith

May 30, 2010, 1:25:39 PM5/30/10

> Ignis Fatuus <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 May 2010 20:55:42 -0500, John Pertwee
>> <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Deal with it.
>>
>> Does that mean the Wedding's off?
>
> Probably in whatever universe this week's story was taking place, there
> will be no wedding.

It's like the 'flash-sideways' of "Lost" never went away...

john smith

May 30, 2010, 1:26:53 PM5/30/10

> On Sun, 30 May 2010 07:05:45 -0700 (PDT), "pbo...@aol.com"
> <pbo...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>On 30 May, 14:39, John Pertwee <johnpertweea...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I hope that Doctor Who can return to the days that dead meant dead
>>> forever.
>>
>>Yes, Tenth Planet ruined everything. :-(
>
> LOL
>
>>Rory's already come back from the dead once, so why not again?
>
> IMHO, the only real way to bring him back would be if they were still
> under control of The Dream Lord. Anything else would be cheap.
> --

ANYTHING else would be >>better<< than THAT - *again*

AlfyDoor

May 30, 2010, 2:37:04 PM5/30/10

> In article <20100530091335.356$u...@newsreader.com>,
> <Coast...@CShor.com> wrote:
>>Ignis Fatuus <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote:

>>> Does that mean the Wedding's off?
>>
>>Probably in whatever universe this week's story was taking place, there
>>will be no wedding.
>>
>>I'm sure that like a bad penny, Rory will be back. Either stepping out of
>>the shower in the last episode or waking up beside Suzanne Pleshette!
>
> Ever tried prolog?
> --

A general purpose logic programming language associated with artificial
intelligence and computational linguistics? No I haven't. What does it have
to do with any of this?

AlfyDoor

May 30, 2010, 2:42:39 PM5/30/10

"John Pertwee" <johnper...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 07:05:45 -0700 (PDT), "pbo...@aol.com"
> <pbo...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>On 30 May, 14:39, John Pertwee <johnpertweea...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I hope that Doctor Who can return to the days that dead meant dead
>>> forever.
>>
>>Yes, Tenth Planet ruined everything. :-(
>
> LOL
>
>>Rory's already come back from the dead once, so why not again?

This is where I have sympathy for Karen Gillan. She's now had to act/react
to Rory's death twice and make it a little different and still convincing
both times. Not easy.

> IMHO, the only real way to bring him back would be if they were still
> under control of The Dream Lord. Anything else would be cheap.
> --

I heard a whisper before this episode that Rory would be killed and the only
way to 'save' him would be to throw him into the crack (for whatever
reason), and that the Doc and Amy would spend the rest of the season trying
to find him. Not quite accurate, but much as good as anything else this
season's come up with...

John Pertwee

May 30, 2010, 4:42:56 PM5/30/10
On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:22:57 +0100, "john smith"
<the_jo...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
>> In article <5lrMn.4640$QF7.1081@hurricane>,
>> AlfyDoor <Alfy...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>>"Ignis Fatuus" <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote in message

>>>I don't have a problem with killing off Rory (though it does seem a bit
>>>out
>>>of place with the season's rather light tone). But is it all just going to
>>>be 're-set' at the end?
>>>

>> Cracks are happening in time and Silence will fall.
>

>We *know*, you stupid twat. We're all watching the SAME programme - and
>we're weeks AHEAD of you - so fuck off with your mundane statements of the
>obvious...

You people STILL reply to Yads? I thought you all would have him
killfiled by now...

John Pertwee

May 30, 2010, 4:43:49 PM5/30/10

What do any of his posts have to do with Doctor Who?

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 5:46:36 PM5/30/10
In article <S9xMn.32408$em4.5540@hurricane>,

john smith <the_jo...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
>> In article <5lrMn.4640$QF7.1081@hurricane>,
>> AlfyDoor <Alfy...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>>"Ignis Fatuus" <Ig...@fatuusisland.com> wrote in message

>>>I don't have a problem with killing off Rory (though it does seem a bit
>>>out
>>>of place with the season's rather light tone). But is it all just going to
>>>be 're-set' at the end?
>>>

>> Cracks are happening in time and Silence will fall.
>

>We *know*, you stupid twat. We're all watching the SAME programme - and
>we're weeks AHEAD of you - so foff with your mundane statements of the
>obvious...
>

>> --
>> Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici
>> doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
>> God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist
>> rising!
>> http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee
>> In him with nothing but insults resides no wisdom. -unknown

said troll john smith who can't put 2 and 2 together.

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 5:47:11 PM5/30/10
In article <kbxMn.32409$em4.31481@hurricane>,

TRolls consciousless troll john smith.

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 5:50:21 PM5/30/10
In article <kfyMn.28972$9J1.19143@hurricane>,

Try progamming Silence will Fall in prolog.

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 5:52:21 PM5/30/10
In article <cdj506tqrvo7o47hs...@4ax.com>,

LOL!

The Doctor

May 30, 2010, 5:52:46 PM5/30/10
In article <cfj506dbu24cmk00d...@4ax.com>,

You really are a long john.

john smith

May 30, 2010, 9:19:03 PM5/30/10

> On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:22:57 +0100, "john smith"
> <the_jo...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>>"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

>>> Cracks are happening in time and Silence will fall.
>>

>>We *know*, you stupid twat. We're all watching the SAME programme - and
>>we're weeks AHEAD of you - so fuck off with your mundane statements of the
>>obvious...
>
> You people STILL reply to Yads? I thought you all would have him
> killfiled by now...

It's just me - I'm in an indulgent mood this week - but the problem has been
rectified.

Please accept my apologies for replying to such vermin as Yads!

The Doctor

May 31, 2010, 9:58:18 AM5/31/10
In article <d8EMn.32461$em4.24953@hurricane>,

troll john smith went braindead again.

solar penguin

May 31, 2010, 12:23:59 PM5/31/10

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <kfyMn.28972$9J1.19143@hurricane>,
> AlfyDoor <Alfy...@SPAMPANTSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

> >> Ever tried prolog?
> >> --
> >
> >A general purpose logic programming language associated with artificial
> >intelligence and computational linguistics? No I haven't. What does it have
> >to do with any of this?
> >

> Try progamming Silence will Fall in prolog.

Try explaining what that means in plain English first.

The Doctor

May 31, 2010, 12:26:51 PM5/31/10
In article <9e475e49-cb20-4c8a...@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,

I did.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee

Since 1 June 1995

solar penguin

May 31, 2010, 12:31:52 PM5/31/10

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <9e475e49-cb20-4c8a...@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Try progamming Silence will Fall in prolog.
> >
> >Try explaining what that means in plain English first.
>
> I did.

When?

The Doctor

May 31, 2010, 4:23:08 PM5/31/10
In article <50c11aea-35ef-40f2...@s41g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

Thread through.

solar penguin

May 31, 2010, 7:03:52 PM5/31/10

And you can try explaining THAT in plain English too.

Stephen O'Connell

May 31, 2010, 7:15:52 PM5/31/10
"solar penguin" <solar....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> And you can try explaining THAT in plain English too.

This is RADW, we don't do plain English here! :-)

--
Classic literature on audio:
http://www.textbookstuff.com/

The Doctor

May 31, 2010, 7:48:10 PM5/31/10
In article <hu1fv9$lhp$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Gallifreyan anyone?

John Pertwee

May 31, 2010, 10:58:09 PM5/31/10
On Mon, 31 May 2010 02:19:03 +0100, "john smith"
<the_jo...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> You people STILL reply to Yads? I thought you all would have him
>> killfiled by now...
>>

>It's just me - I'm in an indulgent mood this week - but the problem has been
>rectified.
>
>Please accept my apologies for replying to such vermin as Yads!

Replying to Yads is a bit like sex. We've all done it. Some of us were
respectable, but some of us were sluts. (:

solar penguin

Jun 1, 2010, 5:18:35 AM6/1/10

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <hu1fv9$lhp$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Stephen O'Connell <no....@fk.u.com> wrote:
> >"solar penguin" <solar....@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> And you can try explaining THAT in plain English too.
> >
> >This is RADW, we don't do plain English here! :-)
> >

> Gallifreyan anyone?

Okay then, please explain it in plain Gallifreyan.

The Doctor

Jun 1, 2010, 10:19:41 AM6/1/10
In article <8jt806d73p88j2pnp...@4ax.com>,

Thank you for the PEri analogy.