S09E02 The Witch's Familier

TB

Sep 27, 2015, 1:16:33 AM9/27/15
1

Great moments: Missy asking how the Doctor keeps surviving (She's one to talk! She has come back from the dead on several occasions!). On one occasion, the Doctor used energy from an android's gun to activate his teleport. Missy and Clara likewise used energy from Dalek guns to activate their vortex manipulators.

Missy proposing to go up against a city of Daleks with nothing but a sharpened stick!

Missy killing a Dalek with a bit of dwarf star alloy so that Clara can get inside its casing.

Clara operating the Dalek. When she talks, it mostly comes out "Exterminate" When she gets mad, the Dalek gun fires at random, almost hitting Missy!

Davros being supplied with life force energy by the Daleks. Davros explains that this is because the Daleks consider him to be their father, so have respect and compassion for him.

Davros asking "Am I a good man?". Did he watch Season 8 of New Who?

The Doctor agreeing to give Davros a tiny bit of regeneration energy, only to be forced to donate a large amount, which regenerates Davros and all the Daleks..... including the remains of the decayed Daleks under the city! As a result, the city sinks into a hole.

Missy trying to con the Doctor into killing Clara Dalek. Clara eventually manages to make the Dalek cry "Mercy", leading the Doctor to realize that she's inside. The Doctor is flabbergasted that Clara could make the Dalek say "Mercy", meaning that the concept of mercy exists in Dalek minds.

He then goes back in time to rescue young Davros from the hand mine field, and emphasizes the concept of mercy. I take it that Davros included the idea of mercy in the Daleks in response to the Doctor saving him.

Actually, I have heard a Dalek say "Mercy" before. During "The Big Bang", River Song makes a Dalek say "Mercy" three times before killing it. River Song must not have told the Doctor about that incident.

Timothy Bruening

Sep 27, 2015, 1:40:41 AM9/27/15
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

At the end, the Doctor rescues young Davros from the hand mines, talks to him about mercy, and takes him home. IMHO, he should take the opportunity to hypnotize Davros into making the Daleks just as good as the Kaleds themselves, rather than make them so utterly ruthless!

Pudentame

Sep 27, 2015, 7:18:43 AM9/27/15
That wouldn't work, because then there wouldn't be any Daleks. Blows
the entire history of the show out of the water.

Agamemnon

Sep 27, 2015, 7:45:11 AM9/27/15
On 27/09/2015 06:16, TB wrote:
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
>
> Great moments: Missy asking how the Doctor keeps surviving (She's one to talk! She has come back from the dead on several occasions!). On one occasion, the Doctor used energy from an android's gun to activate his teleport. Missy and Clara likewise used energy from Dalek guns to activate their vortex manipulators.
>

> Missy proposing to go up against a city of Daleks with nothing but a sharpened stick!
>
> Missy killing a Dalek with a bit of dwarf star alloy so that Clara can get inside its casing.
>
> Clara operating the Dalek. When she talks, it mostly comes out "Exterminate" When she gets mad, the Dalek gun fires at random, almost hitting Missy!
>
> Davros being supplied with life force energy by the Daleks. Davros explains that this is because the Daleks consider him to be their father, so have respect and compassion for him.
>
> Davros asking "Am I a good man?". Did he watch Season 8 of New Who?
>
> The Doctor agreeing to give Davros a tiny bit of regeneration energy, only to be forced to donate a large amount, which regenerates Davros and all the Daleks..... including the remains of the decayed Daleks under the city! As a result, the city sinks into a hole.
>
> Missy trying to con the Doctor into killing Clara Dalek. Clara eventually manages to make the Dalek cry "Mercy", leading the Doctor to realize that she's inside. The Doctor is flabbergasted that Clara could make the Dalek say "Mercy", meaning that the concept of mercy exists in Dalek minds.

The problem with that is that the concept exists in the computer
controlling the Dalek casing and that is interpreting Claras cries for
survival and don't kill me into the word "Mercy" in Dalek, and haven't
Daleks have cried Mercy before? Didn't the one in Dalek say it?

> He then goes back in time to rescue young Davros from the hand mine field, and emphasizes the concept of mercy. I take it that Davros included the idea of mercy in the Daleks in response to the Doctor saving him.
>
> Actually, I have heard a Dalek say "Mercy" before. During "The Big Bang", River Song makes a Dalek say "Mercy" three times before killing it. River Song must not have told the Doctor about that incident.

Ah, so that was it. Obviously she didn't tell Stephen Moffat either,
despite the fact that he wrote the story.

Agamemnon

Sep 27, 2015, 7:47:47 AM9/27/15
The Kaleds were like Nazis so it wouldn't have helped. The best ending
would have been for Davros to have actually turned to the light side and
the Daleks to have regained humanoid form through the Doctor's
regeneration energy. Of course the twist could be that despite that they
still remain as evil as they were before if not becoming more so.

The Doctor

Sep 27, 2015, 8:16:23 AM9/27/15
In article <33bb70be-8726-4c07...@googlegroups.com>,
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>1
>
>Great moments: Missy asking how the Doctor keeps surviving (She's one to t=
>alk! She has come back from the dead on several occasions!). On one occas=
>ion, the Doctor used energy from an android's gun to activate his teleport.=
> Missy and Clara likewise used energy from Dalek guns to activate their vo=
>rtex manipulators.
>

>Missy proposing to go up against a city of Daleks with nothing but a sharpe=
>ned stick!
>
>Missy killing a Dalek with a bit of dwarf star alloy so that Clara can get =
>inside its casing.
>
>Clara operating the Dalek. When she talks, it mostly comes out "Exterminat=
>e" When she gets mad, the Dalek gun fires at random, almost hitting Missy!
>
>Davros being supplied with life force energy by the Daleks. Davros explain=
>s that this is because the Daleks consider him to be their father, so have =
>respect and compassion for him. =20
>
>Davros asking "Am I a good man?". Did he watch Season 8 of New Who?
>
>The Doctor agreeing to give Davros a tiny bit of regeneration energy, only =
>to be forced to donate a large amount, which regenerates Davros and all the=
> Daleks..... including the remains of the decayed Daleks under the city! A=
>s a result, the city sinks into a hole.
>
>Missy trying to con the Doctor into killing Clara Dalek. Clara eventually =
>manages to make the Dalek cry "Mercy", leading the Doctor to realize that s=
>he's inside. The Doctor is flabbergasted that Clara could make the Dalek s=
>ay "Mercy", meaning that the concept of mercy exists in Dalek minds.
>
>He then goes back in time to rescue young Davros from the hand mine field, =
>and emphasizes the concept of mercy. I take it that Davros included the id=
>ea of mercy in the Daleks in response to the Doctor saving him. =20
>
>Actually, I have heard a Dalek say "Mercy" before. During "The Big Bang", =
>River Song makes a Dalek say "Mercy" three times before killing it. River =
>Song must not have told the Doctor about that incident.

Out of 10 how do you rate both epiodes?
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for Stephen to move on on Oct 19 2015!!

Raymond Daley

Sep 27, 2015, 10:00:07 AM9/27/15

"Agamemnon" <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> On 27/09/2015 06:16, TB wrote:
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>>

>> Clara operating the Dalek. When she talks, it mostly comes out
>> "Exterminate" When she gets mad, the Dalek gun fires at random, almost
>> hitting Missy!

This isn't a new idea. There's a book called "I am a Dalek" (written by
Gareth Roberts) where a random girl is taken into a Dalek casing. She spends
the whole book struggling with her humanity. I forget how it ends. What I do
know is SM appears to have stolen most of his ideas for the 1st 2 episodes
from that very book.

Mr Roberts, if I were you, I'd be asking for some sort of reimbursement from
the beeb.

TB

Sep 27, 2015, 11:24:12 AM9/27/15
1
1
1
1
11
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

I forgot the Doctor stealing Davro's wheelchair and prancing around in it!

TB

Sep 27, 2015, 11:25:44 AM9/27/15
But wouldn't that be better than allowing the Daleks to kill billions?

Agamemnon

Sep 27, 2015, 12:34:40 PM9/27/15
And Davros leaning his head to the left, his right, trying to get
sympathy by pretending to be Stephen Hawking.

Your Name

Sep 27, 2015, 4:43:26 PM9/27/15
In article <FDSNx.7610$9l2....@fx23.am4>, Raymond Daley
It had me wondering if it was going to be yet another of Moffat's silly
long-winded connections and that it goes way back to Jenna's first
Doctor Who appearance as the mad Dalek / Souffle Girl.

TB

Sep 27, 2015, 5:39:47 PM9/27/15
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 4:45:11 AM UTC-7, Agamemnon wrote:
> On 27/09/2015 06:16, TB wrote:
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> >

> > Missy trying to con the Doctor into killing Clara Dalek. Clara eventually manages to make the Dalek cry "Mercy", leading the Doctor to realize that she's inside. The Doctor is flabbergasted that Clara could make the Dalek say "Mercy", meaning that the concept of mercy exists in Dalek minds.
> >

> The problem with that is that the concept exists in the computer
> controlling the Dalek casing and that is interpreting Claras cries for
> survival and don't kill me into the word "Mercy" in Dalek, and haven't
> Daleks have cried Mercy before? Didn't the one in Dalek say it?

The Daleks do have a concept of compassion. They are compassionate toward their creator Davros! That might explain why they would have a concept of mercy in their brains.

Daleks have acted good on occasion. Wouldn't pretending to be good require that Daleks understand the concept of mercy?

Agamemnon

Sep 27, 2015, 7:17:23 PM9/27/15
On 27/09/2015 22:39, TB wrote:
> On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 4:45:11 AM UTC-7, Agamemnon wrote:
>> On 27/09/2015 06:16, TB wrote:
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>> 1
>>>

>>> Missy trying to con the Doctor into killing Clara Dalek. Clara eventually manages to make the Dalek cry "Mercy", leading the Doctor to realize that she's inside. The Doctor is flabbergasted that Clara could make the Dalek say "Mercy", meaning that the concept of mercy exists in Dalek minds.
>>>

>> The problem with that is that the concept exists in the computer
>> controlling the Dalek casing and that is interpreting Claras cries for
>> survival and don't kill me into the word "Mercy" in Dalek, and haven't
>> Daleks have cried Mercy before? Didn't the one in Dalek say it?
>
> The Daleks do have a concept of compassion. They are compassionate toward their creator Davros! That might explain why they would have a concept of mercy in their brains.

They tried to exterminate him at the end of Genesis.

> Daleks have acted good on occasion. Wouldn't pretending to be good require that Daleks understand the concept of mercy?

The Daleks didn't kill Clara and Missy the moment they first captured
them. Isn't that mercy?

bru...@topmail.co.nz

Sep 28, 2015, 12:13:03 AM9/28/15
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 7:47:47 PM UTC+8, Agamemnon wrote:
> The Kaleds were like Nazis so it wouldn't have helped. The best ending
> would have been for Davros to have actually turned to the light side and
> the Daleks to have regained humanoid form through the Doctor's
> regeneration energy. Of course the twist could be that despite that they
> still remain as evil as they were before if not becoming more so.

Indeed, in Genesis of the Daleks there were obvious Nazi overtones.
Back in 1963, time of the first Dalek story, war criminals were still being captured and put on trial, so it must have been on Nation's mind then. Did he ever admit to the Nazi connection?
I recall RTD put Daleks in Nuremburg chanting "extermenieren!".

TB

Sep 28, 2015, 1:47:51 AM9/28/15
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Whenever Daleks get in trouble, they call for help. That means that they expect fellow Daleks to help them, which means that they are expecting mercy from their fellow Daleks, which means that they do have a concept of mercy!

TB

Mar 5, 2016, 5:20:16 AM3/5/16
A Dalek falls into a narrow hole. How do the other Daleks get it out?

The Doctor

Mar 5, 2016, 9:02:13 AM3/5/16
In article <1e62b41d-f96a-4a19...@googlegroups.com>,
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>A Dalek falls into a narrow hole. How do the other Daleks get it out?

They might not.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Manitoba and Saskatchewan! Save your provinces in April! Vote Liberal!!

TB

Mar 5, 2016, 9:08:45 AM3/5/16
On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:02:13 AM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <1e62b41d-f96a-4a19...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >A Dalek falls into a narrow hole. How do the other Daleks get it out?
>
> They might not.

Okay, DAVROS falls into a narrow hole. How do the Daleks get HIM out?

The Doctor

Mar 5, 2016, 9:10:25 AM3/5/16
In article <1fd81037-b5ea-43ab...@googlegroups.com>,
They still might not.

TB

Mar 5, 2016, 9:23:20 AM3/5/16
On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:10:25 AM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <1fd81037-b5ea-43ab...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:02:13 AM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> They might not.
> >
> >Okay, DAVROS falls into a narrow hole. How do the Daleks get HIM out?
>
> They still might not.

I got the impression during the 2nd episode of Season 9 that they loved and respected Davros.

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 11:10:53 PM10/5/16
So THAT'S where the idea of the woman in a Dalek casing in "Asylum of the Daleks" came from!

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2017, 11:40:34 PM2/6/17
I wonder what Davros did with the sonic screwdriver the Doctor gave to him. What games did he play with it?

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2017, 11:48:54 PM2/6/17
In Genesis, I remember most of the Kaleds in the bunker turning against Davros and demanding that he shut down the Dalek project until good could be introduced into them.

The best ending
> would have been for Davros to have actually turned to the light side and
> the Daleks to have regained humanoid form through the Doctor's
> regeneration energy. Of course the twist could be that despite that they
> still remain as evil as they were before if not becoming more so.

Plot: The Doctor's regeneration energy turns half of the Daleks into humanoids. War breaks out between humanoid Daleks and normal Daleks.

Tim Bruening

Feb 6, 2017, 11:51:12 PM2/6/17
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 4:18:43 AM UTC-7, Pudentame wrote:
Okay, lets implant a post-hypnotic command in Davros to make his Daleks good. This command the Doctor would activate the next time the Doctor meets Davros.

The Doctor

Feb 7, 2017, 12:45:35 AM2/7/17
In article <8d7ddf76-17e7-420a...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I wonder what Davros did with the sonic screwdriver the Doctor gave to
>him. What games did he play with it?

Who knows.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
God is dead! Yahweh lives! Jesus his only begotten Son is the Risen Saviour!!

The Doctor

Feb 7, 2017, 10:40:37 AM2/7/17
In article <2eba9c90-0b18-43f6...@googlegroups.com>,
That would not work.

Tim Bruening

Feb 7, 2017, 1:43:19 PM2/7/17
You doubt the Doctor's hypnotic abilities?

Doctor: Davros, you are getting sleeepy!

The Doctor

Feb 7, 2017, 6:10:01 PM2/7/17
In article <276a5e53-4145-4c2a...@googlegroups.com>,
Check Talons of Weng Chiang.

Tim Bruening

Feb 7, 2017, 9:15:26 PM2/7/17
Whom did the Doctor hypnnotize?

The Doctor

Feb 7, 2017, 11:08:51 PM2/7/17
In article <87ad107b-c91f-4ac8...@googlegroups.com>,
Jago.

Daniel60

Feb 8, 2017, 8:32:34 AM2/8/17
Did that work??

Daniel

The Doctor

Feb 8, 2017, 9:53:27 AM2/8/17
In article <o7f6i5$4m1$6...@dont-email.me>,
You obviously forgot Talons of Weng Chiang.

The obvious answer is yes.

Timothy Bruening

Mar 12, 2018, 6:25:24 PM3/12/18
Davros was in it?

The Doctor

Mar 12, 2018, 6:32:19 PM3/12/18
In article <c06488f6-46d0-4888...@googlegroups.com>,
We are talking the Doctor's hyponotic techniques.
Life is a long lesson in humility. -James M. Barrie

Timothy Bruening

Mar 12, 2018, 7:04:41 PM3/12/18
What WAS Missy's brilliant idea at the end of the episode?

The Doctor

Mar 12, 2018, 7:49:04 PM3/12/18
In article <95b617e9-c1c1-44d0...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>What WAS Missy's brilliant idea at the end of the episode?

I do not recall.

Timothy Bruening

Apr 17, 2018, 3:43:38 PM4/17/18
Davros was in that episode?

The Doctor

Apr 17, 2018, 6:35:32 PM4/17/18
In article <435432cc-d539-4650...@googlegroups.com>,
The Doctor's ability to hyponise was.
Genius without education is like silver in the mine. -Benjamin Franklin

Timothy Bruening

Jul 9, 2018, 10:54:48 PM7/9/18
The Doctor didn't seem concerned that allowing Davros to die as a child would blow his own history out of the water by erasing the Daleks!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 9, 2018, 10:59:15 PM7/9/18
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 9:34:40 AM UTC-7, Agamemnon wrote:
> On 27/09/2015 16:24, TB wrote:
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 11
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> > 1
> >
> > I forgot the Doctor stealing Davro's wheelchair and prancing around in it!
> >

> And Davros leaning his head to the left, his right, trying to get
> sympathy by pretending to be Stephen Hawking.

Davros probably knows more about time than Hawking!

The Doctor

Jul 9, 2018, 11:36:16 PM7/9/18
In article <f7db09ac-e8bf-4e4c...@googlegroups.com>,
Will recall Genesis of the Daleks.
Our great weariness comes from work not done. -Eric Hoffer

The Doctor

Jul 9, 2018, 11:36:35 PM7/9/18
In article <ea838f77-913e-436b...@googlegroups.com>,
Who are you insulting?

Tim Bruening

Jul 10, 2018, 12:28:32 AM7/10/18
What limits to the Doctor's hypnotic abilities were exposed?

Timothy Bruening

Jul 10, 2018, 2:07:10 AM7/10/18
Something about the Doctor asking someone what they would do if confronted with a kid destined to grow up to be a really evil man?

Timothy Bruening

Jul 10, 2018, 2:08:22 AM7/10/18
No one.

The Doctor

Jul 10, 2018, 11:05:32 AM7/10/18
In article <abc29bec-fb45-478c...@googlegroups.com>,
Check along the lines.

The Doctor

Jul 10, 2018, 11:08:52 AM7/10/18
In article <911c67ec-1be0-483d...@googlegroups.com>,
And about the Dalek contribution to history.

The Doctor

Jul 10, 2018, 11:09:32 AM7/10/18
In article <1f346b4b-2231-4dd0...@googlegroups.com>,
Looks like an insult to me.

%

Jul 10, 2018, 11:14:59 AM7/10/18
describe your daughter's ass

The Doctor

Nov 4, 2018, 7:59:33 PM11/4/18
In article <95b617e9-c1c1-44d0...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>What WAS Missy's brilliant idea at the end of the episode?

Chibnall!!
Lest we forget - 11/11/18 !!

Timothy Bruening

Nov 4, 2018, 9:45:52 PM11/4/18
On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 4:59:33 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <95b617e9-c1c1-44d0...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >What WAS Missy's brilliant idea at the end of the episode?
>
> Chibnall!!

How did he get her free?

The Doctor

Nov 4, 2018, 9:47:46 PM11/4/18
In article <7f3e741a-0867-4411...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 4:59:33 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <95b617e9-c1c1-44d0...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >What WAS Missy's brilliant idea at the end of the episode?
>>
>> Chibnall!!
>
>How did he get her free?

The other way around.

Timothy Bruening

Nov 5, 2018, 3:34:35 AM11/5/18
On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 6:47:46 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <7f3e741a-0867-4411...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 4:59:33 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Chibnall!!
> >
> >How did he get her free?
>
> The other way around.

How did Missy rescue Chibnall from Skaro?

Daniel60

Nov 5, 2018, 5:18:43 AM11/5/18
The Doctor wrote on 5/11/2018 11:59 AM:
> In article <95b617e9-c1c1-44d0...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What WAS Missy's brilliant idea at the end of the episode?
>
> Chibnall!!

Ah!! So now, idiot, you are coming around to the possibility that Chris
Chibnall may not be the great end all of Doctor Who that you and Aggy
were predicting they would be!!

Good to see you are not really set in your ways, idiot!!

--
Daniel

The Doctor

Nov 5, 2018, 10:32:14 AM11/5/18
In article <7252796a-a8cd-4c15...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 6:47:46 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <7f3e741a-0867-4411...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >How did he get her free?
>>
>> The other way around.
>
>How did Missy rescue Chibnall from Skaro?

Sorry Chibnall wrote it all up.

The Doctor

Nov 5, 2018, 10:39:24 AM11/5/18
In article <prp5e1$hp6$1...@dont-email.me>,
Cheers.

Timothy Bruening

Oct 12, 2019, 10:48:49 PM10/12/19
At the end, the Doctor uses a Dalek gun to rescue young Davros. Is that where Davros got the idea for the Dalek gun?

Timothy Bruening

Oct 12, 2019, 10:50:26 PM10/12/19
On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 6:47:46 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <7f3e741a-0867-4411...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 4:59:33 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Chibnall!!
> >
> >How did he get her free?
>
> The other way around.

How did she free Chibnall?

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2019, 8:47:57 AM10/13/19
In article <b0925b1c-6f9c-49e7...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>At the end, the Doctor uses a Dalek gun to rescue young Davros. Is that
>where Davros got the idea for the Dalek gun?

Or it developed over time.
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2019, 8:48:46 AM10/13/19
In article <10c05e83-4984-48df...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 6:47:46 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <7f3e741a-0867-4411...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >How did he get her free?
>>
>> The other way around.
>
>How did she free Chibnall?

The brilliant idea came from Chinball.

Timothy Bruening

Oct 13, 2019, 11:28:32 AM10/13/19
On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 5:48:46 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <10c05e83-4984-48df...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 6:47:46 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> The other way around.
> >
> >How did she free Chibnall?
>
> The brilliant idea came from Chinball.

But what WAS it?

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2019, 7:21:11 PM10/13/19
In article <fab48adc-669f-4be2...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 5:48:46 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <10c05e83-4984-48df...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >How did she free Chibnall?
>>
>> The brilliant idea came from Chinball.
>
>But what WAS it?

Gender bending!

Timothy Bruening

Oct 13, 2019, 7:27:23 PM10/13/19
On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 4:21:11 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <fab48adc-669f-4be2...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 5:48:46 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> The brilliant idea came from Chinball.
> >
> >But what WAS it?
>
> Gender bending!

Missy was already a lady before meeting the Daleks in Series 9, so how could gender bending get her away from the Daleks?

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2019, 8:57:39 PM10/13/19
In article <3a6fd819-8d8d-40f5...@googlegroups.com>,
They were expecting the Master.

Tim Bruening

Oct 13, 2019, 9:03:39 PM10/13/19
They had her surrounded, so it shouldn't matter WHOM they expected!

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2019, 9:23:13 PM10/13/19
In article <77c4a8b1-cfc0-4ee4...@googlegroups.com>,
It not her!!

Timothy Bruening

Oct 13, 2019, 10:58:53 PM10/13/19
Why "it", when Missy is not JodieDoc?

The Doctor

Oct 14, 2019, 1:35:17 AM10/14/19
In article <90b9fbe1-fb4d-4b20...@googlegroups.com>,
both are not themselves!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 8:20:06 PM4/5/21
S9E2
But how would Missy's gender get Missy away from the Daleks?

The Doctor

Apr 5, 2021, 8:26:38 PM4/5/21
In article <d0d2421f-a9a9-4760...@googlegroups.com>,
A Conniver for you!
If they can dehumanize the most innocent, they can dehumanize anyone. -unknown

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 8:37:42 PM4/5/21
Daleks would not be vulnerable to seduction.

The Doctor

Apr 5, 2021, 11:34:18 PM4/5/21
In article <878fdef7-621a-43f2...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes!

Blueshirt

Apr 6, 2021, 4:55:31 PM4/6/21
On 06/04/2021 04:34, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <878fdef7-621a-43f2...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 526On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 5:26:38 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> A Conniver for you!
>>
>> Daleks would not be vulnerable to seduction.
>
> Yes!

NO!

The Doctor

Apr 6, 2021, 4:58:03 PM4/6/21
In article <s4ihs1$ucq$3...@dont-email.me>,
And someone gets away!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2021, 11:32:22 PM4/6/21
How would you seduce a Dalek?

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 12:14:04 AM4/7/21
In article <8886190e-8b19-46ee...@googlegroups.com>,
The Doctor does it all the time.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2021, 2:36:39 AM4/7/21
638 On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 9:14:04 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <8886190e-8b19-46ee...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >637 On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:55:31 PM UTC-7, Blueshirt wrote:

> >> NO!
> >
> >How would you seduce a Dalek?
> The Doctor does it all the time.

How does he/she seduce a Dalek? (I have never seen the Doctor have sex with a Dalek or anything else!).

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 10:17:36 AM4/7/21
In article <db8e55cf-17dd-4189...@googlegroups.com>,
Perverted Tim!

solar penguin

Apr 7, 2021, 10:39:06 AM4/7/21
The Idiot insulted...

> In article <db8e55cf-17dd-4189...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 638 On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 9:14:04 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The Doctor does it all the time.
>>
>> How does he/she seduce a Dalek? (I have never seen
>> the Doctor have sex with a Dalek or anything else!).
>
> Perverted Tim!

Tim is perverted for _not_ seeing the Doctor having sex
with a Dalek...?

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 11:20:39 AM4/7/21
In article <s4kg68$d67$1...@dont-email.me>,
He did see power of the Daleks!

Blueshirt

Apr 7, 2021, 4:29:13 PM4/7/21
On 07/04/2021 04:32, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> How would you seduce a Dalek?

I dunno... ask Katy Manning.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2021, 4:46:51 PM4/7/21
When did she seduce a Dalek?

Blueshirt

Apr 7, 2021, 5:45:32 PM4/7/21
1977... Is it not on the Tardis Wiki?

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 6:05:15 PM4/7/21
In article <s4l4mn$v2a$2...@dont-email.me>,
Good one!

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 6:05:57 PM4/7/21
In article <478b890b-920f-4c92...@googlegroups.com>,
Ever seen Girl?

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 6:07:57 PM4/7/21
In article <s4l95q$tg5$1...@dont-email.me>,
High 5 Blueshirt!

Blueshirt

Apr 7, 2021, 6:09:22 PM4/7/21
On 07/04/2021 23:05, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <478b890b-920f-4c92...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 715 On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:29:13 PM UTC-7, Blueshirt wrote:

>>> I dunno... ask Katy Manning.
>>
>> When did she seduce a Dalek?
>
> Ever seen Girl?

Surely Tim would remember those photos if he had?!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2021, 8:51:52 PM4/7/21
S9E2
I don't remember a DW episode titled simply "Girl". When did it air?

The Doctor

Apr 7, 2021, 10:48:30 PM4/7/21
In article <cbd59cdf-20e5-47d8...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim, yet again, shows that his IQ < 10 !

solar penguin

Apr 8, 2021, 4:14:30 AM4/8/21
The Idiot insisted...

> In article <s4kg68$d67$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Idiot insulted...

>>> Perverted Tim!
>>
>> Tim is perverted for _not_ seeing the Doctor having sex
>> with a Dalek...?
>>

> He did see power of the Daleks!

He’s perverted because he chose to watch that instead
of watching the Doctor having sex with a Dalek!?!

--
solar penguin

tsbru...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 4:35:11 AM4/8/21
I had never searched for "Katy Manning sex with Daleks" on the tardis wiki!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 4:37:55 AM4/8/21
762 On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 7:48:30 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <cbd59cdf-20e5-47d8...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >S9E2
> >725 On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:09:22 PM UTC-7, Blueshirt wrote:

> >> Surely Tim would remember those photos if he had?!
> >
> >I don't remember a DW episode titled simply "Girl". When did it air?
> Tim, yet again, shows that his IQ < 10 !

Was "Girl" a spinoff, or a Big Finish, or a DW novel?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 5:13:59 AM4/8/21
Tardis Wiki entry on "Girl" https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Girl I saw no evidence of anyone having sex with Daleks!

Captain Jack Harkness facetiously addressed "all Dalek boys and girls" aboard the Crucible. (TV: Journey's End)

The First Doctor sometimes called Vicki Pallister "the girl". (TV: The Web Planet, etc.)

Izzy Sinclair was unhappy that Courtmaster Cruel turned out to be a female, believing that girls should not be in boys' comics. (AUDIO: Izzy's Story)

The Eleventh Doctor affectionately called Amy Pond "the girl who waited". (TV: The Eleventh Hour)

When posing as Kazran Sardick's babysitter, the Eleventh Doctor suggested that they "eat crisps and talk about girls". The Doctor admitted that this was something he had never done. (TV: A Christmas Carol).

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 6:03:27 AM4/8/21
I saw no sex with Daleks during "Power of the Daleks".

tsbr...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 6:05:43 AM4/8/21
I haven't found any articles about Katy Manning seducing a Dalek.

solar penguin

Apr 8, 2021, 6:43:10 AM4/8/21
Tim typed...
Exactly. That’s why I wrote “instead.”

--
solar penguin

solar penguin

Apr 8, 2021, 6:48:17 AM4/8/21

The Doctor

Apr 8, 2021, 8:59:00 AM4/8/21
In article <s4me14$anm$1...@dont-email.me>,
Careful mocking Bird! you are nosediving yourself into trouble.

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Apr 8, 2021, 9:00:09 AM4/8/21