Whoniverse Script Library - 2023 Doctor Who Episodes Added

Blueshirt

Feb 14, 2024, 8:53:11 AMFeb 14

For anyone interested, the scripts for the Doctor Who 60th
Anniversary and Christmas Specials (2023) have now been added to the
Whoniverse script library. They are downloadable as PDF files.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/writers/scripts/whoniverse/doctor-who-2023/60th-anniversary-and-christmas-special-2023

Whoniverse script library...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/writers/scripts/whoniverse

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 9:30:27 AMFeb 14
In article <xn0oi2fs1...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
And chakotey.net ?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

solar penguin

Feb 14, 2024, 9:54:41 AMFeb 14
Thanks.

It supports the theory that there is something strange going
on with Isaac Newton. His housekeeper and the Steeleye Span
fan in the pub really are the same woman, not just played by
the same actress, and she’s ‘a woman we’ll see a lot more of’
in future.

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 9:58:48 AMFeb 14
In article <uqik7d$2mg3v$1...@dont-email.me>,
Well, getting ready ...

>--
>solar penguin

Blueshirt

Feb 14, 2024, 10:18:37 AMFeb 14
solar penguin wrote:

> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>

> > For anyone interested, the scripts for the Doctor Who 60th
> > Anniversary and Christmas Specials (2023) have now been added to
> > the Whoniverse script library. They are downloadable as PDF
> > files.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/writers/scripts/whoniverse/doctor-who-2023/60th-anniversary-and-christmas-special-2023

> Thanks.
>
> It supports the theory that there is something strange going
> on with Isaac Newton.

Yes, I got the impression that the Isaac Newton scene was not as it
seems. Mainly because Donna didn't know the word "gravity" in Wild
Blue Yonder when the Doctor said it, he then the corrected it to
"mavity".

> His housekeeper and the Steeleye Span fan in the pub
> really are the same woman, not just played by the same
> actress, and she’s ‘a woman we’ll see a lot more of
> in future.

I think RTD has laid the groundwork for a LOT of things that will be
explained in Season One... or even Season Two.

Blueshirt

Feb 14, 2024, 10:33:15 AMFeb 14
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <uqik7d$2mg3v$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It supports the theory that there is something strange going
> > on with Isaac Newton. His housekeeper and the Steeleye Span
> > fan in the pub really are the same woman, not just played by
> > the same actress, and she’s ‘a woman we’ll see a lot more of’
> > in future.
>
> Well, getting ready ...

We're all getting ready for May Dave... I'm sure RTD is going to
provide us with plenty of surprises, and talking points!!!

solar penguin

Feb 14, 2024, 10:56:38 AMFeb 14

Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

> solar penguin wrote:
>

>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/writers/scripts/whoniverse/doctor-who-2023/60th-anniversary-and-christmas-special-2023
>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> It supports the theory that there is something strange going
>> on with Isaac Newton.
>
> Yes, I got the impression that the Isaac Newton scene was not as it
> seems. Mainly because Donna didn't know the word "gravity" in Wild
> Blue Yonder when the Doctor said it, he then the corrected it to
> "mavity".

That’s why you’re the captain, Cap’n!

--
solar penguin

solar penguin

Feb 14, 2024, 11:00:19 AMFeb 14

Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

> The Doctor wrote:
>

>> Well, getting ready ...
>
> We're all getting ready for May Dave... I'm sure RTD is going to
> provide us with plenty of surprises, and talking points!!!

It’s probably gonna start on 18 May, the weekend after
Eurovision. The world isn’t ready for the camp cheesiness
if both shows on the same night!

--
solar penguin

Blueshirt

Feb 14, 2024, 11:07:38 AMFeb 14
Some might say Ncuti Gatwa dancing around in a kilt as the Doctor
would fit-in perfectly with the goings-on in Eurovision that night!
;-)

The BBC might think the two shows would compliment each other!

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 11:21:23 AMFeb 14
In article <xn0oi2ih5...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Exactly Captain Bluebeard!

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 11:21:46 AMFeb 14
In article <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>,
When is the FA CUp?

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 11:22:03 AMFeb 14
In article <xn0oi2jfz...@news.eternal-september.org>,
fuuny one Cpatin Bluebeard!

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 11:22:22 AMFeb 14
In article <xn0oi2i3q...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Get ready to see anger!

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 11:24:43 AMFeb 14
In article <uqinrj$2n6m8$1...@dont-email.me>,
Said the feather bearded one!

>--
>solar penguin

John Hall

Feb 14, 2024, 12:01:18 PMFeb 14
In message <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
<solar....@gmail.com> writes
I go off on a cruise on that date. I'll have to remember to set it to
record before I go. (Though I suppose it will still be on iPlayer when I
get back.)
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

solar penguin

Feb 14, 2024, 12:31:28 PMFeb 14
John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
> <solar....@gmail.com> writes
>>

>> It’s probably gonna start on 18 May, the weekend after
>> Eurovision. The world isn’t ready for the camp cheesiness
>> if both shows on the same night!
>>

> I go off on a cruise on that date. I'll have to remember to set it to
> record before I go. (Though I suppose it will still be on iPlayer when I
> get back.)

I could be wrong. That’s just my own personal speculation.

--
solar penguin

Daniel65

Feb 14, 2024, 6:58:50 PMFeb 14
solar penguin wrote on 15/2/24 1:54 am:
(Remembering that I have yet to see Disney Who so have no real idea of
what you refer to ...._

"Steeleye Span"?? Don't you really mean 'Steeleye Dan'??
https://www.steelydan.com/ ;-P
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 8:02:44 PMFeb 14
In article <Dmw$JTBYCPzlFwFo@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>In message <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
><solar....@gmail.com> writes
>>
>>Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> We're all getting ready for May Dave... I'm sure RTD is going to
>>> provide us with plenty of surprises, and talking points!!!
>>>

>>It’s probably gonna start on 18 May, the weekend after
>>Eurovision. The world isn’t ready for the camp cheesiness
>>if both shows on the same night!
>>

>I go off on a cruise on that date. I'll have to remember to set it to
>record before I go. (Though I suppose it will still be on iPlayer when I
>get back.)

Do you have an app?

>--
>John Hall
> "Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
> from coughing."
> Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 8:03:03 PMFeb 14
In article <uqitdd$2oa8e$1...@dont-email.me>,
And I was asking when is the FA Cup?

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Feb 14, 2024, 8:03:54 PMFeb 14
In article <uqjk3n$2sd29$1...@dont-email.me>,
How stelly eye are you Red-Bearded Dannyboy?

Daniel65

Feb 15, 2024, 3:15:34 AMFeb 15
The Doctor wrote on 15/2/24 12:03 pm:
> In article <uqitdd$2oa8e$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
> <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
>>> <solar....@gmail.com> writes

>>> I go off on a cruise on that date. I'll have to remember to set
>>> it to record before I go. (Though I suppose it will still be on
>>> iPlayer when I get back.)
>>
>> I could be wrong. That’s just my own personal speculation.
>
> And I was asking when is the FA Cup?

Do YOUR own research, "Yellow Beard Yadallee". THIS *IS NOT* AN FA
GROUP, "Yellow Beard Yadallee". It might be ------------>
--
Daniel

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 6:12:22 AMFeb 15
Daniel65 wrote:

> solar penguin wrote on 15/2/24 1:54 am:
> >
> >Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > >
> > > Whoniverse script library...
> > >

> > > https://www.bbc.co.uk/writers/scripts/whoniverse
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > It supports the theory that there is something strange going
> > on with Isaac Newton. His housekeeper and the Steeleye Span
> > fan in the pub really are the same woman, not just played by
> > the same actress, and she’s ‘a woman we’ll see a lot more of’
> > in future.
> >
> Remembering that I have yet to see Disney Who so have no real
> idea of what you refer to ....

You can read the scripts now though can't you? So there's no excuse
not to know what went on!

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 6:24:34 AMFeb 15
Daniel65 wrote:

> solar penguin wrote on 15/2/24 1:54 am:
> >
> > It supports the theory that there is something strange going
> > on with Isaac Newton. His housekeeper and the Steeleye Span
> > fan in the pub really are the same woman, not just played by
> > the same actress, and she’s ‘a woman we’ll see a lot more of’
> > in future.
> >
> (Remembering that I have yet to see Disney Who so have no real
> idea of what you refer to ...._
>
> "Steeleye Span"?? Don't you really mean 'Steeleye Dan'??
> https://www.steelydan.com/ ;-P

No, I imagine SP actually means Steeleye Span! As in, the folk band
that is called Steeleye Span!

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 6:26:44 AMFeb 15
It's as good as any at the moment...

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 6:48:22 AMFeb 15
John Hall wrote:

> In message <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
> <solar....@gmail.com> writes
> >
> > It’s probably gonna start on 18 May, the weekend after
> > Eurovision. The world isn’t ready for the camp cheesiness
> > if both shows on the same night!
>
> I go off on a cruise on that date. I'll have to remember to set it
> to record before I go. (Though I suppose it will still be on
> iPlayer when I get back.)

Yes, of course... you'll be able to access it anytime on the iPlayer.

I actually think it could be on the same night as the Eurovision. I
could see RTD liking that idea.

solar penguin

Feb 15, 2024, 7:18:13 AMFeb 15

Blueshirt brought forth:
Yes. Thank you.

The woman mentions Steeleye Span and asks for their
song Gaudette.

--
solar penguin

solar penguin

Feb 15, 2024, 7:23:30 AMFeb 15

solar penguin spewed:
Sorry, that should be Gaudete, with only one T.

https://youtu.be/EDc2FD-vy8M

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:23:57 AMFeb 15
In article <uqkh73$379j4$1...@dont-email.me>,
But it could interfere with BBC1 DW's scheduling.

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:24:35 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3q83...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Hear! Hear! Also available at chakotya !

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:25:29 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3qi8...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Exactly! Red-Beard needs to be flogged captain BlueBeard!

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:26:07 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3qkx...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
REcall one of those saturdays is FA Cup Saturday so that might interfere!

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:26:33 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3r45...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
RTD and the BBC schedulers!!

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:26:52 AMFeb 15
In article <uqkve2$3a582$1...@dont-email.me>,
Touche!
>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:27:15 AMFeb 15
In article <uqkvnv$3a76f$1...@dont-email.me>,
no problem Feather bearded one!

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 7:29:42 AMFeb 15
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi3q83...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Daniel65 wrote:
> >> >
> >> Remembering that I have yet to see Disney Who so have no real
> >> idea of what you refer to ....
> >
> > You can read the scripts now though can't you? So there's no
> > excuse not to know what went on!
>
> Hear! Hear! Also available at chakotya !

Why bother with Chakotya? The BBC have supplied the actual script in
PDF form to read or download...

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 7:34:32 AMFeb 15
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi3r45...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > John Hall wrote:
> >
> >> In message <uqio2g$2n85l$1...@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
> >> <solar....@gmail.com> writes

> >> I go off on a cruise on that date. I'll have to remember to set
> >> it to record before I go. (Though I suppose it will still be on
> >> iPlayer when I get back.)
> >
> > Yes, of course... you'll be able to access it anytime on the
> > iPlayer.
> >
> > I actually think it could be on the same night as the
> > Eurovision. I could see RTD liking that idea.
>
> RTD and the BBC schedulers!!

I'm just thinking it's the sort of thing that RTD - and the BBC -
might like the idea of... but like SP, I'm only speculating.

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 7:37:38 AMFeb 15
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <uqkh73$379j4$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote on 15/2/24 12:03 pm:
> >>
> >> And I was asking when is the FA Cup?
> >
> > Do YOUR own research, "Yellow Beard Yadallee". THIS *IS NOT* AN
> > FA GROUP, "Yellow Beard Yadallee". It might be ------------>
>
> But it could interfere with BBC1 DW's scheduling.

The FA Cup Final is the 25th May...

Which is the last Saturday of May, so I'd say Season One would have
started by then.

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:40:22 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3s6t...@news.eternal-september.org>,
One is PDF, the other HTML.

Your choice.

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 7:42:34 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3sfg...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Eurovision, the FA Cup.

Then it could all start 4 May while we want on election results.

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 7:50:56 AMFeb 15
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi3s6t...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Also available at chakotya !
> >
> > Why bother with Chakotya? The BBC have supplied the actual
> > scripts in PDF form to read or download...
>
> One is PDF, the other HTML.
>
> Your choice.

Yes I know, of course everyone can choose.

What I meant was, now that the BBC are supplying the actual scripts,
people and fans interested in writing/scripts and that sort of thing
would probably prefer to view and/or download the actual script than
read a HTML transcript.

The Chakotya site has served us well over the years for checking
stuff from Doctor Who episodes out but now the BBC are providing us
with the official scripts for the episodes, all in one place. I
think it's great.

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 7:57:00 AMFeb 15
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi3sfg...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >> But it could interfere with BBC1 DW's scheduling.
> >
> > The FA Cup Final is the 25th May...
> >
> > Which is the last Saturday of May, so I'd say Season One would
> > have started by then.
>
> Eurovision, the FA Cup.

Eurovision doesn't usually start until 8pm, maybe 7:30pm? Whilst the
FA Cup Final usually kicks off at 3pm, so neither would really clash
with any Doctor Who episode if they was on around 6pm ish.

I'd say it won't be too long before the BBC Spring schedules are
out, so we'll find out soon.

Blueshirt

Feb 15, 2024, 8:02:40 AMFeb 15
solar penguin wrote:

> Blueshirt brought forth:
>
> > Daniel65 wrote:
> >>
> >> "Steeleye Span"?? Don't you really mean 'Steeleye Dan'??
> >
> > No, I imagine SP actually means Steeleye Span! As in, the
> > folk band that is called Steeleye Span!
>
> Yes. Thank you.
>
> The woman mentions Steeleye Span and asks for their
> song Gaudette.

Note for Daniel... it's a Christmas Carol, sung in Latin!

:-)

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 8:20:45 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3srb...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
We have 2 good sources! we have a choice.

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 8:21:21 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3swo...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Overtime/added extra time could play have.

The Doctor

Feb 15, 2024, 8:21:34 AMFeb 15
In article <xn0oi3t5a...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Teaser.

Mickmane

Feb 16, 2024, 3:18:25 AMFeb 16
On 16.02.24, Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

> The BBC have supplied the actual script in PDF form to read or
> download...

Very nice!

What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different between
this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive here? Any idea
at all? This bugs me!

(Were the others crossposts too?)

--

Mickmane

Daniel65

Feb 16, 2024, 4:15:41 AMFeb 16
The Doctor wrote on 15/2/24 11:23 pm:
> In article <uqkh73$379j4$1...@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <dani...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 15/2/24 12:03 pm:

>>> And I was asking when is the FA Cup?
>>
>> Do YOUR own research, "Yellow Beard Yadallee". THIS *IS NOT* AN FA
>> GROUP, "Yellow Beard Yadallee". It might be ------------>
>
> But it could interfere with BBC1 DW's scheduling.

So WHAT?? Make a discussion for once in YOUR life, "Yellow Beard Yadallee"!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Feb 16, 2024, 4:25:52 AMFeb 16
Blueshirt wrote on 15/2/24 10:24 pm:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> solar penguin wrote on 15/2/24 1:54 am:
>>>
>>> It supports the theory that there is something strange going
>>> on with Isaac Newton. His housekeeper and the Steeleye Span
>>> fan in the pub really are the same woman, not just played by
>>> the same actress, and she’s ‘a woman we’ll see a lot more of’
>>> in future.
>>>
>> (Remembering that I have yet to see Disney Who so have no real
>> idea of what you refer to ...._
>>
>> "Steeleye Span"?? Don't you really mean 'SteelyDan'??
>> https://www.steelydan.com/ ;-P
>
> No, I imagine SP actually means Steeleye Span! As in, the folk band
> that is called Steeleye Span!

Hmm! Actually formed BEFORE 'SteelyDan', apparently!! Never heard of them!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Feb 16, 2024, 4:29:34 AMFeb 16
Blueshirt wrote on 16/2/24 12:02 am:
WELL! That's gunna be pretty useless, me trying to read it, then!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 6:38:48 AMFeb 16
Daniel65 wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote on 15/2/24 10:24 pm:
> > Daniel65 wrote:
> > > >
> > > (Remembering that I have yet to see Disney Who so have no real
> > > idea of what you refer to ...._
> > >
> > > "Steeleye Span"?? Don't you really mean 'SteelyDan'??
> >
> > No, I imagine SP actually means Steeleye Span! As in, the folk
> > band that is called Steeleye Span!
> >
> Hmm! Actually formed BEFORE 'SteelyDan', apparently!! Never heard
> of them!

You haven't missed much! Well, unless folk music is your thing.

Steeleye Span were kind of popular over here back in the day, which
is the only reason I'd heard of them. But we're a very folky music
country anyway.

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 6:38:48 AMFeb 16
You're supposed to listen to it... and/or sing along.

So you've ten months to get the hang of it before Christmas!!!

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 7:10:19 AMFeb 16
Mickmane wrote:

> What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different
> between this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive
> here? Any idea at all? This bugs me!

Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
server's spam filters? As it's usually my posts with Doctor Who
related YouTube links or news article links that don't appear,
especially on eternal-september's servers.

Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly interesting
anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on much!!!

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 9:53:17 AMFeb 16
In article <uqn93p$3pqjj$2...@dont-email.me>,
As you like it Red-bearded Dannyboy!

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 10:04:55 AMFeb 16
In article <uqn9tr$3pv1m$1...@dont-email.me>,
LOL <VBG>

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 10:05:24 AMFeb 16
In article <xn0oi55di...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
I love AC/DC !

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 10:06:34 AMFeb 16
In article <xn0oi55g2...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
And then there is crucifixion and ressurection music!

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 10:17:04 AMFeb 16
In article <GYyKPC4LczB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:
>On 16.02.24, Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>
>> The BBC have supplied the actual script in PDF form to read or
>> download...
>
>Very nice!
>
>What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different between
>this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive here? Any idea
>at all? This bugs me!

Scripts for the fans!

>(Were the others crossposts too?)

I think Captain Bluebeard did that!

>--
>
>Mickmane

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 10:24:27 AMFeb 16
In article <xn0oi5698...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Just an NNTP to NNTP issue!

solar penguin

Feb 16, 2024, 11:50:55 AMFeb 16
Replying as a repost, just in case Mickmane didn’t see the original

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 1:45:11 PMFeb 16
I used my main nntp service [xs news] for the messages I've posted
today, so they should have peered properly...

As the old saying goes, pay peanuts get monkeys! :-)

Mickmane

Feb 16, 2024, 2:18:23 PMFeb 16
On 16.02.24, solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Replying as a repost, just in case Mickmane didn?t see the original

Thanks!

I grabbed it from google, but this works too. :) (Especially as google
will even stop archiving posts.)

--

Mickmane

Mickmane

Feb 16, 2024, 2:18:24 PMFeb 16
Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

(Pinched from google, as the reply didn't turn up here.)

>> Mickmane wrote:

>> What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different
>> between this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive
>> here? Any idea at all? This bugs me!

> Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
> back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
> Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
> server's spam filters? As it's usually my posts with Doctor Who
> related YouTube links or news article links that don't appear,
> especially on eternal-september's servers.

Thing is, the crossposted post arrived, the others are missing!

The other week I changed something about local filter software, finally
getting replies to be highlighted (automatically would only work if it's
Fidonet posts). I wonder whether I messed up something there.

.. After checking headers, doesn't look like it.

"Organisat. : xs news" posts are missing (but before that, there was one
highlighted one even).
"Organisat. : Indigo News" posts still arrive.

> Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly interesting
> anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on much!!!

But it's one of the few sources of signal, versus all that tagging each
other names and replying to everything said noise!

--

Mickmane

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 2:54:50 PMFeb 16
Mickmane wrote:

> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>
> > Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
> > back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
> > Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
> > server's spam filters?
>
> Thing is, the crossposted post arrived, the others are missing!

Just checked through yesterdays posts made by me to RADW. There are
14 messages to RADW in my sent folder, plus Dave's stats list 14
messages as well, which mean the NetKnow nntp server received my 14
messages. (First time I've ever found them helpful!) All 14 messages
appear on the 'news.eternal-september.org' and 'reader.xsnews.nl'
servers... so there are no issues there as both servers carried my
messages.

> The other week I changed something about local filter software,
> finally getting replies to be highlighted (automatically would
> only work if it's Fidonet posts). I wonder whether I messed up
> something there.

It is possible the fact that I cross-posted the BBC script links, and
there was two URL's in the same post, triggered your news server's
filters, or maybe an nntp peer en route blocked them?

So, I don't know what the issue is as you was replying to my
messages a week ago???

I will single post messages with URL's in future and see if that
makes a difference.

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 3:11:14 PMFeb 16
Mickmane wrote:

> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>
> > Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly interesting
> > anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on much!!!
>
> But it's one of the few sources of signal, versus all that tagging
> each other names and replying to everything said noise!

Just not links to Dalek photos!!! ;-)

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 5:44:56 PMFeb 16
In article <uqo3pc$3uent$1...@dont-email.me>,
We are big DW family!

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 5:46:30 PMFeb 16
In article <xn0oi5gnm...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
And monkeys are running the economy.

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 5:49:19 PMFeb 16
Methinks 2 archives will replace the inept Google!

>--
>
>Mickmane

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 5:50:46 PMFeb 16
In article <GYyKrz75czB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>
>(Pinched from google, as the reply didn't turn up here.)
>
>>> Mickmane wrote:
>
>>> What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different
>>> between this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive
>>> here? Any idea at all? This bugs me!
>
>> Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
>> back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
>> Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
>> server's spam filters? As it's usually my posts with Doctor Who
>> related YouTube links or news article links that don't appear,
>> especially on eternal-september's servers.
>
>Thing is, the crossposted post arrived, the others are missing!
>
>The other week I changed something about local filter software, finally
>getting replies to be highlighted (automatically would only work if it's
>Fidonet posts). I wonder whether I messed up something there.
>
>.. After checking headers, doesn't look like it.
>
>"Organisat. : xs news" posts are missing (but before that, there was one
>highlighted one even).
>"Organisat. : Indigo News" posts still arrive.

Individual.net is having hiccups?

>> Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly interesting
>> anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on much!!!
>
>But it's one of the few sources of signal, versus all that tagging each
>other names and replying to everything said noise!

Oh! Well!!

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 5:54:47 PMFeb 16
In article <xn0oi5i5s...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>Mickmane wrote:
>
>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>>
>> > Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
>> > back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
>> > Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
>> > server's spam filters?
>>
>> Thing is, the crossposted post arrived, the others are missing!
>
>Just checked through yesterdays posts made by me to RADW. There are
>14 messages to RADW in my sent folder, plus Dave's stats list 14
>messages as well, which mean the NetKnow nntp server received my 14
>messages. (First time I've ever found them helpful!) All 14 messages
>appear on the 'news.eternal-september.org' and 'reader.xsnews.nl'
>servers... so there are no issues there as both servers carried my
>messages.

Please do not give me a reason to do a daily stat post :-)

>> The other week I changed something about local filter software,
>> finally getting replies to be highlighted (automatically would
>> only work if it's Fidonet posts). I wonder whether I messed up
>> something there.
>
>It is possible the fact that I cross-posted the BBC script links, and
>there was two URL's in the same post, triggered your news server's
>filters, or maybe an nntp peer en route blocked them?
>
>So, I don't know what the issue is as you was replying to my
>messages a week ago???
>
>I will single post messages with URL's in future and see if that
>makes a difference.

MIght be an NNTP issue.

The Doctor

Feb 16, 2024, 5:55:20 PMFeb 16
In article <xn0oi5izn...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Exterminate!

Daniel65

Feb 17, 2024, 3:11:57 AMFeb 17
Blueshirt wrote on 16/2/24 11:07 pm:
> Mickmane wrote:
>>
>> What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different
>> between this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive
>> here? Any idea at all? This bugs me!
>
> Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
> back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
> Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
> server's spam filters?

Yeap! Eternal-September does have a limit of allowable Cross-posts (four
I think), but this shouldn't effect you .... unless you are replying to
"Yellow Beard Yadallee" and he has Cross-posted to extra UseNet groups
over and above his usual four groups!!

> As it's usually my posts with Doctor Who related YouTube links or
> news article links that don't appear, especially on
> eternal-september's servers.
>
> Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly interesting
> anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on much!!!

BUT THE SENSIBLE ONEs HERE *NEED YOUR POSTS to increase the
Signal-to-Noise ratio here-abouts!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Feb 17, 2024, 3:19:34 AMFeb 17
The Doctor wrote on 17/2/24 9:54 am:

<Snip>

> Please do not give me a reason to do a daily stat post :-)

As if YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", need a reason!! Several here-abouts
have asked/told you to stop them .... but still YOU, "Yellow Beard
Yadallee", continue!!
--
Daniel

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:23 AMFeb 17
Lol. :)

Daleks are fine. But keep the naked people. :)

--

Mickmane

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:23 AMFeb 17
On 17.02.24, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <GYyKqk8LczB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:
>> On 16.02.24, solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Replying as a repost, just in case Mickmane didn?t see the original
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I grabbed it from google, but this works too. :) (Especially as
>> google will even stop archiving posts.)

> Methinks 2 archives will replace the inept Google!

Which?

--

Mickmane

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:23 AMFeb 17
> In article <xn0oi5gnm...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> solar penguin wrote:

>>> Replying as a repost, just in case Mickmane didn���t see the
>>> original
>>
>> I used my main nntp service [xs news] for the messages I've posted
>> today, so they should have peered properly...

That's the ones that don't get here. :-?

--

Mickmane

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:24 AMFeb 17
> In article <xn0oi5i5s...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> Mickmane wrote:

>>> The other week I changed something about local filter software,
>>> finally getting replies to be highlighted (automatically would
>>> only work if it's Fidonet posts). I wonder whether I messed up
>>> something there.
>>
>> It is possible the fact that I cross-posted the BBC script links,
>> and there was two URL's in the same post, triggered your news
>> server's filters, or maybe an nntp peer en route blocked them?

Nah, there's plenty of links in other groups I read. De.rec.garten and
rec.arts.sf.written, mainly.

>> So, I don't know what the issue is as you was replying to my
>> messages a week ago???

Yeah. Going by old messages, something happened about 1 to 2 weeks ago
(the last post I see from xs news from you is one from the 8th).

>> I will single post messages with URL's in future and see if that
>> makes a difference.

I don't think it's that, though.

--

Mickmane

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 10:02:12 AMFeb 17
In article <uqppoa$apsv$1...@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <dani...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 16/2/24 11:07 pm:
>> Mickmane wrote:
>>>
>>> What I want to ask you specifically though, what's different
>>> between this post from you, and the other one that didn't arrive
>>> here? Any idea at all? This bugs me!
>>
>> Don't know, but I have noticed in the last few months if I use my
>> back-up news server (eternal-september) random posts go missing.
>> Maybe posting multiple links or cross-posts set off some nntp
>> server's spam filters?
>
>Yeap! Eternal-September does have a limit of allowable Cross-posts (four
>I think), but this shouldn't effect you .... unless you are replying to
>"Yellow Beard Yadallee" and he has Cross-posted to extra UseNet groups
>over and above his usual four groups!!

The max is 6 groups

>> As it's usually my posts with Doctor Who related YouTube links or
>> news article links that don't appear, especially on
>> eternal-september's servers.
>>
>> Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly interesting
>> anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on much!!!
>>
>BUT THE SENSIBLE ONEs HERE *NEED YOUR POSTS to increase the
>Signal-to-Noise ratio here-abouts!!

Does that include yourself?

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 10:02:39 AMFeb 17
In article <uqpq6k$arn1$1...@dont-email.me>,
cut-and-lie Red-bearded Dannyboy in action!

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 10:06:44 AMFeb 17
You know Katy Manning!

>--
>
>Mickmane

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 10:07:11 AMFeb 17
markive and usenetarchives .

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 10:08:57 AMFeb 17
Could be an issue with individual.net .

>--
>
>Mickmane

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 10:10:06 AMFeb 17
Is their a breakdown somewhere?

>--
>
>Mickmane

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 3:31:09 PMFeb 17
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi5izn...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Mickmane wrote:

> >> But it's one of the few sources of signal, versus all that
> >> tagging each other names and replying to everything said noise!
> >
> > Just not links to Dalek photos!!! ;-)
>
> Exterminate!

I don't think it was the Dalek that he had a problem with though!!!
;-)

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 3:34:01 PMFeb 17
Daniel65 wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote on 16/2/24 11:07 pm:
> >
> > Although nothing I post to RADW is earth-shatteringly
> > interesting anyway, so don't worry you haven't missed out on
> > much!!!
> >
> BUT THE SENSIBLE ONEs HERE *NEED YOUR POSTS to increase the
> Signal-to-Noise ratio here-abouts!!

I'm not going away yer know!

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 3:41:36 PMFeb 17
Mickmane wrote:

> > In article <xn0oi5gnm...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> > Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > I used my main nntp service [xs news] for the messages I've
> > posted today, so they should have peered properly...
>
> That's the ones that don't get here. :-?

That's the Dutch for yer... pay peanuts get monkeys! They are
normally very good though. Maybe they don't like Daleks and naked
women either?!

I will investigate with them and see what's going on... I suppose I
could always move my business to our friendly neighbourhood nntp
service, NetKnow...

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 4:45:04 PMFeb 17
The Doctor wrote:

> Please do not give me a reason to do a daily stat post :-)

First time EVER a stat post came in useful. But I can count to 14 on
my own anyway... so please don't!!!

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:26 PMFeb 17
> In article <GZ1LEK$LczB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:

>> Yeah. Going by old messages, something happened about 1 to 2 weeks
>> ago (the last post I see from xs news from you is one from the 8th).
[...]

> Is their a breakdown somewhere?

Memories of net/split on IRC!

--

Mickmane

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:27 PMFeb 17
On 17.02.24, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <GZ1LCuLqczB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:
>> On 17.02.24, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> Methinks 2 archives will replace the inept Google!
>>
>> Which?

> markive and usenetarchives .

Guess I'll have to ask google about actual links. :P

--

Mickmane

Mickmane

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:27 PMFeb 17
On 17.02.24, Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> Mickmane wrote:
>>> In article <xn0oi5gnm...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> I used my main nntp service [xs news] for the messages I've
>>> posted today, so they should have peered properly...
>>
>> That's the ones that don't get here. :-?

> That's the Dutch for yer... pay peanuts get monkeys! They are
> normally very good though. Maybe they don't like Daleks and naked
> women either?!

Haha. Must have been the naked woman.

Everyone likes Daleks, no? :)

> I will investigate with them and see what's going on... I suppose I
> could always move my business to our friendly neighbourhood nntp
> service, NetKnow...

Or just keep using what you made this post with. :)

--

Mickmane

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 5:58:51 PMFeb 17
In article <xn0oi6y1s...@news.eternal-september.org>,
LOL!

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 5:59:07 PMFeb 17
In article <xn0oi6y3y...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Same here!

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 5:59:45 PMFeb 17
In article <xn0oi6yae...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>Mickmane wrote:
>
>> > In article <xn0oi5gnm...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>> > Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> > I used my main nntp service [xs news] for the messages I've
>> > posted today, so they should have peered properly...
>>
>> That's the ones that don't get here. :-?
>
>That's the Dutch for yer... pay peanuts get monkeys! They are
>normally very good though. Maybe they don't like Daleks and naked
>women either?!

LOL!

>I will investigate with them and see what's going on... I suppose I
>could always move my business to our friendly neighbourhood nntp
>service, NetKnow...

You are welcome to come on baord!
You and I do not like tim!

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 6:02:59 PMFeb 17
In article <xn0oi6zz0...@news.eternal-september.org>,
You missed the humour.

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 6:07:46 PMFeb 17
I was on IRC then ...

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 6:09:00 PMFeb 17
In article <GZ1Lm5G5czB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:

>>> That's the ones that don't get here. :-?
>
>> That's the Dutch for yer... pay peanuts get monkeys! They are
>> normally very good though. Maybe they don't like Daleks and naked
>> women either?!
>
>Haha. Must have been the naked woman.
>
>Everyone likes Daleks, no? :)

Daleks are mutated Kaleds!

>> I will investigate with them and see what's going on... I suppose I
>> could always move my business to our friendly neighbourhood nntp
>> service, NetKnow...
>
>Or just keep using what you made this post with. :)

As you like it!

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 6:09:37 PMFeb 17
In article <GZ1Lc3q5czB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:
>On 17.02.24, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <GZ1LCuLqczB@ATH>, Mickmane <A...@kruemel.org> wrote:

>>> Which?
>
>> markive and usenetarchives .
>
>Guess I'll have to ask google about actual links. :P

iOops! That should nbe narkive and usenetarchives.

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 6:55:02 PMFeb 17
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi6yae...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>

> > I will investigate with them and see what's going on... I
> > suppose I could always move my business to our friendly
> > neighbourhood nntp service, NetKnow...
> >

> You are welcome to come on baord!

Do you do porn binaries?

> You and I do not like tim!

Not true!!!

I don't know Tim and - banter aside - I can't dislike somebody I
don't know.

I don't like Tim's constant (as was) number/date 'spamming' [my
term]of RADW... if Tim were a responsible poster here I would have
no problem engaging with him. I dislike nobody.

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 7:23:09 PMFeb 17
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi6zz0...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >> >

> >> Please do not give me a reason to do a daily stat post :-)
> >
> > First time EVER a stat post came in useful. But I can count to
> > 14 on my own anyway... so please don't!!!
>
> You missed the humour.

No, I got it.

But I was being serious!

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 7:56:38 PMFeb 17
In article <xn0oi73dm...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oi6yae...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>>

>> > I will investigate with them and see what's going on... I
>> > suppose I could always move my business to our friendly
>> > neighbourhood nntp service, NetKnow...
>> >

>> You are welcome to come on baord!
>
>Do you do porn binaries?

No!

>> You and I do not like tim!
>
>Not true!!!
>
>I don't know Tim and - banter aside - I can't dislike somebody I
>don't know.
>
>I don't like Tim's constant (as was) number/date 'spamming' [my
>term]of RADW... if Tim were a responsible poster here I would have
>no problem engaging with him. I dislike nobody.

tim is a stalker !

The Doctor

Feb 17, 2024, 7:58:57 PMFeb 17
In article <xn0oi7gt3...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oi6zz0...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > First time EVER a stat post came in useful. But I can count to
>> > 14 on my own anyway... so please don't!!!
>>
>> You missed the humour.
>
>No, I got it.
>
>But I was being serious!

LOL!