Re: Dr. Who's real name

Message has been deleted

Daniel

Jun 7, 2011, 8:56:43 AM6/7/11
Hello from the future.
Just watched the last episode of 6th season.

So you did it, Mr. Moffat, you put this idea in the series. After 16 years from its creation.

That's freaking amazing.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

The Doctor

Aug 6, 2012, 10:44:11 AM8/6/12
In article <efef5f91-56bb-485e...@googlegroups.com>,
<ellysn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, January 9, 1995 9:21:26 AM UTC+8, Steven Moffat wrote:
>> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to
>> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no
>> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our
>> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is
>> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our
>> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from
>> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud
>> of it.
>>
>> Steven Moffat
>
>oh, no, his name is fluffy. fluffy who.

The Doctor is no Fluffy.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k

elliso...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2012, 8:40:25 PM9/6/12
On Sunday, January 8, 1995 8:21:26 PM UTC-5, Steven Moffat wrote:
> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to
> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no
> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our
> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is
> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our
> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from
> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud
> of it.
>
> Steven Moffat

Congratulation Steven Moffat. I have never been more impressed. You truly are an amazing writer.

fett2...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2012, 12:47:22 AM9/7/12
I hate this kind of thinking. Do we have to make the Doctor connected to every ever done/made/happened etc etc? His name is really completely unimportant as well. The whole point of him, to me, is that 95% of what he does any person could do. He is, at his core, just a person trying to help and do the right things.

-Fett

Duggy

Sep 7, 2012, 1:09:21 AM9/7/12
On Friday, 7 September 2012 14:47:22 UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
> I hate this kind of thinking. Do we have to make the Doctor connected to every ever done/made/happened etc etc? His name is really completely unimportant as well. The whole point of him, to me, is that 95% of what he does any person could do. He is, at his core, just a person trying to help and do the right things.

Nice come back. Does it always take you 12 years?

MDS

Sep 7, 2012, 5:14:50 AM9/7/12
Dude, welcome back!

--
MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

The Doctor

Sep 7, 2012, 10:04:09 AM9/7/12
In article <38bc65a7-89fc-4b04...@googlegroups.com>,
<fett2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I hate this kind of thinking. Do we have to make the Doctor connected to ev=
>ery ever done/made/happened etc etc? His name is really completely unimport=
>ant as well. The whole point of him, to me, is that 95% of what he does any=
> person could do. He is, at his core, just a person trying to help and do t=
>he right things.=20
>
>-Fett
>
>On Sunday, January 8, 1995 8:21:26 PM UTC-5, Steven Moffat wrote:
>> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to=20
>> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no=20
>> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our=20
>> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is=20
>> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our=20
>> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from=20
>> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud=20
>> of it.
>>=20
>> Steven Moffat

Fett is that you?

BTW Moffat is interesting when it comes to posts.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k
USA petition to dissolve the Republic and vote to disoolve it in November 2012

The Doctor

Sep 7, 2012, 10:05:15 AM9/7/12
In article <ab713224-6e93-411c...@googlegroups.com>,
Duggy <p.allan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Friday, 7 September 2012 14:47:22 UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
>> I hate this kind of thinking. Do we have to make the Doctor connected to =
>every ever done/made/happened etc etc? His name is really completely unimpo=
>rtant as well. The whole point of him, to me, is that 95% of what he does a=
>ny person could do. He is, at his core, just a person trying to help and do=
> the right things.=20
>
>Nice come back. Does it always take you 12 years?

Google did archine Moffat correctly.

The Doctor

Sep 7, 2012, 10:06:20 AM9/7/12
REvival!!

fett2...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2012, 12:18:19 AM9/8/12
Somebody brought it back. It's an opinion not a comeback ya d-bag.

-Fett

fett2...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2012, 12:18:52 AM9/8/12
to M...@radw.usenet
-Thanks!

fett2...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2012, 12:19:50 AM9/8/12
On Friday, September 7, 2012 10:04:10 AM UTC-4, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <38bc65a7-89fc-4b04...@googlegroups.com>,
>
> <fett2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I hate this kind of thinking. Do we have to make the Doctor connected to ev=
>
> >ery ever done/made/happened etc etc? His name is really completely unimport=
>
> >ant as well. The whole point of him, to me, is that 95% of what he does any=
>
> > person could do. He is, at his core, just a person trying to help and do t=
>
> >he right things.=20
>

> >-Fett
>

> >On Sunday, January 8, 1995 8:21:26 PM UTC-5, Steven Moffat wrote:
>
> >> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to=20
>
> >> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no=20
>
> >> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our=20
>
> >> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is=20
>
> >> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our=20
>
> >> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from=20
>
> >> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud=20
>
> >> of it.
>
> >>=20
>
> >> Steven Moffat
>

> Fett is that you?

Yup. It's me.

> BTW Moffat is interesting when it comes to posts.

Elaborate please.

The Doctor

Sep 8, 2012, 8:45:27 AM9/8/12
In article <6d172e94-979d-4f77...@googlegroups.com>,
<fett2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Friday, September 7, 2012 1:09:21 AM UTC-4, Duggy wrote:
>> On Friday, 7 September 2012 14:47:22 UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
>>=20
>> > I hate this kind of thinking. Do we have to make the Doctor connected t=
>o every ever done/made/happened etc etc? His name is really completely unim=
>portant as well. The whole point of him, to me, is that 95% of what he does=
> any person could do. He is, at his core, just a person trying to help and =
>do the right things.=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Nice come back. Does it always take you 12 years?
>
>Somebody brought it back. It's an opinion not a comeback ya d-bag.=20
>
>-Fett

Truth be known.

Stephen Wilson

Sep 8, 2012, 6:32:11 PM9/8/12

<fett2...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Friday, September 7, 2012 10:04:10 AM UTC-4, The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> BTW Moffat is interesting when it comes to posts.
>>

> Elaborate please.

That's Yads you're asking. He makes even less sense now than he did last
time you dropped by.

MDS

Sep 8, 2012, 6:33:35 PM9/8/12
Scary, isn't it?

The Doctor

Sep 8, 2012, 7:33:07 PM9/8/12
In article <0IP2s.355461$Wk.3...@fx09.am4>,
Just ignore him Rob Fett.

The Doctor

Sep 8, 2012, 7:33:55 PM9/8/12
Wilson is a contradiction on 2 legs.

MDS

Sep 8, 2012, 7:43:16 PM9/8/12
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <0IP2s.355461$Wk.3...@fx09.am4>,
> Stephen Wilson <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> ><fett2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Elaborate please.
> >
> >That's Yads you're asking. He makes even less sense now than he did last
> >time you dropped by.
> >

> Just ignore him Rob Fett.
> --

Who the hell is Rob Fett?

The Doctor

Sep 8, 2012, 7:43:41 PM9/8/12
Isn't Fett Rob Fett?

MDS

Sep 8, 2012, 8:00:11 PM9/8/12
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <504BD8...@RADW.USENET>, MDS <M...@RADW.USENET> wrote:
> >The Doctor wrote:

> >> Just ignore him Rob Fett.
> >> --
> >

> >Who the hell is Rob Fett?
> >

> >--
> >MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)
>
> Isn't Fett Rob Fett?
\

If you're asking if that's his real name, then no.

The Doctor

Sep 8, 2012, 8:35:32 PM9/8/12
Hmm.. What is his name again?

MDS

Sep 8, 2012, 8:37:03 PM9/8/12
The Doctor wrote:

> On 2012-09-09, MDS <M...@RADW.USENET> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> Isn't Fett Rob Fett?
> > \
> >

> > If you're asking if that's his real name, then no.
> >

> Hmm.. What is his name again?

Ask him. He might tell you.

Fett

Sep 9, 2012, 12:37:57 AM9/9/12
Is that possible? That's like saying 0 - 0 = less than 0. :)

Fett

Sep 9, 2012, 12:40:03 AM9/9/12
to M...@radw.usenet
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 8:37:04 PM UTC-4, MDS wrote:

> > > \
>

> > > If you're asking if that's his real name, then no.
>

> > Hmm.. What is his name again?
>

> Ask him. He might tell you.

I assumed he was being clever and abbreviated Boba Fett as Bob Fett aka Rob Fett. I assumed too much.

The Doctor

Sep 9, 2012, 7:30:54 AM9/9/12
In article <e6996810-a979-4903...@googlegroups.com>,
That makes 0 sense.

The Doctor

Sep 9, 2012, 7:31:30 AM9/9/12
In article <1b96f869-4e2a-4e57...@googlegroups.com>,
Stinger!!

drumme...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2012, 9:16:35 PM9/10/12
On Sunday, January 8, 1995 6:21:26 PM UTC-7, Steven Moffat wrote:
> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to
> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no
> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our
> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is
> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our
> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from
> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud
> of it.
>
> Steven Moffat

GO STEVEN MOFFAT!

RebelCanadian

Sep 11, 2012, 12:26:41 AM9/11/12
I thought this was a pretty awesome theory, especially in light of
how things went at Demons Run. IE, The Doctor finding out that in
some places of the universe, "Doctor" means quite the opposite of
'healer' or 'wise man'.

The Doctor

Sep 11, 2012, 9:40:20 AM9/11/12
In article <VcOdnQj6CPocINPN...@giganews.com>,
Welcome Rebel!!

RebelCanadian

Sep 11, 2012, 3:03:24 PM9/11/12
On 2012-09-11, The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <VcOdnQj6CPocINPN...@giganews.com>,
> RebelCanadian <rebe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> GO STEVEN MOFFAT!
>>
>>I thought this was a pretty awesome theory, especially in light of
>>how things went at Demons Run. IE, The Doctor finding out that in
>>some places of the universe, "Doctor" means quite the opposite of
>>'healer' or 'wise man'.
>
> Welcome Rebel!!

Thanks!

The Doctor

Sep 11, 2012, 3:05:34 PM9/11/12
RebelCanadian <rebe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Stil around.

¡Gölök Z.L.F Buday AKA The Black Jester AKA The Voltairian

Sep 30, 2012, 2:15:17 AM9/30/12
On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 00:35:32 +0000 (UTC), in rec.arts.drwho The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

ĄOn 2012-09-09, MDS <M...@RADW.USENET> wrote:
Ą> The Doctor wrote:

Ą>> >Who the hell is Rob Fett?
Ą>> >
Ą>> >
Ą>> >--
Ą>> >MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)
Ą>>
Ą>> Isn't Fett Rob Fett?
Ą> \
Ą>
Ą>
Ą> If you're asking if that's his real name, then no.

ĄHmm.. What is his name again?

Only brought up in Armegeddon Factor, Feta "Feat" Sigma. At least in Drax's accent it sounds that way.

The Doctor

Sep 30, 2012, 8:51:52 AM9/30/12
?G?l?k Z.L.F Buday AKA The Black Jester AKA The Voltairian <mentalmid...@slave.stopnwo.gubnah.state.us.wa.gov> wrote:
: On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 00:35:32 +0000 (UTC), in rec.arts.drwho The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

: ?On 2012-09-09, MDS <M...@RADW.USENET> wrote:
: ?> The Doctor wrote:
: ?>>
: ?>> In article <504BD8...@RADW.USENET>, MDS <M...@RADW.USENET> wrote:
: ?>> >The Doctor wrote:
: ?>> >>
: ?>> >> In article <0IP2s.355461$Wk.3...@fx09.am4>,
: ?>> >> Stephen Wilson <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
: ?>> >> >
: ?>> >> ><fett2...@gmail.com> wrote in message
: ?>> >> >news:03d5171c-288b-47f7...@googlegroups.com...
: ?>> >> >> On Friday, September 7, 2012 10:04:10 AM UTC-4, The Doctor wrote:
: ?>> >> >>>
: ?>> >> >>> BTW Moffat is interesting when it comes to posts.
: ?>> >> >>>
: ?>> >> >>
: ?>> >> >> Elaborate please.
: ?>> >> >
: ?>> >> >That's Yads you're asking. He makes even less sense now than he did last
: ?>> >> >time you dropped by.
: ?>> >> >
: ?>> >> >
: ?>> >>
: ?>> >> Just ignore him Rob Fett.
: ?>> >> --
: ?>> >
: ?>> >
: ?>> >Who the hell is Rob Fett?
: ?>> >
: ?>> >
: ?>> >--
: ?>> >MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)
: ?>>
: ?>> Isn't Fett Rob Fett?
: ?> \
: ?>
: ?>
: ?> If you're asking if that's his real name, then no.
: ?>
: ?>
: ?>
: ?
: ?Hmm.. What is his name again?

: Only brought up in Armegeddon Factor, Feta "Feat" Sigma. At least in Drax's accent it sounds that way.

That's a nickname.
Message has been deleted

ethan....@doverschools.net

Oct 10, 2012, 10:48:11 AM10/10/12
doctor who is chool

l...@akensai.com

Oct 18, 2012, 10:04:18 PM10/18/12
Oh how I admire you sir. You went through time yourself to create this one and thats not something many can say. We all really just want to hear is name, if only just once, even if it has no meaning. Make. That. Happen.

The Doctor

Oct 18, 2012, 10:15:30 PM10/18/12
In article <f3f41d1d-56ee-40f1...@googlegroups.com>,
Cheers!!!

Your Name

Oct 19, 2012, 1:41:36 AM10/19/12
On Sunday, January 8, 1995 8:21:26 PM UTC-5, Steven Moffat wrote:

> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to
> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no
> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our
> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is
> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our
> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from
> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud
> of it.

I was looking up the names on babynames.merschat.com that mean "Healer" to
post as a joke, but the list is too long ... BUT I did find these if you
want to start a wacky conspiracy theory:

1. The actress playing the new companion first appeared as a
character called Oswin, and in Bengali, the girl's name
Aswini means "healer".

2. The name "Oswin" is actually an English boy's name that
means "God's Friend", so maybe The Doctor's name is "God".

{cue Twilight theme music: do do do-do, ...} ;-)
Message has been deleted

The Doctor

Oct 27, 2012, 7:12:30 PM10/27/12
In article <slrnk8onm...@pjr.no-ip.org>,
Peter J Ross <peadar...@gmx.com> wrote:
>In rec.arts.drwho on Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:04:18 -0700 (PDT),
>Wow. Moffat was a fanwanky moron as early as 1995. Thanks for the
>information.
>

>--
>PJR :-) | οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ, τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
> | φύλλα τὰ μέν τ' ἄνεμος χαμάδις χέει, ἄλλα δέ θ' ὕλη
> | τηλεθόωσα φύει, ἔαρος δ' ἐπιγίγνεται ὥρη·
> | ὣς ἀνδρῶν γενεὴ ἡ μὲν φύει ἡ δ' ἀπολήγει. (Homer)

You missed him here I see like me.

emmaw...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2012, 4:33:21 AM11/6/12
In the early years of doctor who they used to call the doctor "Doctor Who" and in the credits they have Doctor Who and then the actors name. I think the doctor regenerated so many times he slowly changed his name even in his mind...

Brian

Nov 6, 2012, 6:52:08 AM11/6/12
He is still Doctor Who but most of the time is just called 'Doctor' i like
the mystery of not knowing his real name. At the start he was on the run
from his own people who he would not want any one to know what his real
name was.

--
Regards Brian

The Doctor

Nov 6, 2012, 9:04:22 AM11/6/12
In article <8da73fe2-b314-4b15...@googlegroups.com>,
<emmaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>In the early years of doctor who they used to call the doctor "Doctor Who" and in the credits they have Doctor Who and then the actors name. I think the doctor regenerated so many times he slowly changed his name even in his mind...

War MAchines and Trial of a TimeLord do come to mind.

alli.m...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2012, 10:37:23 PM11/7/12
On Sunday, January 8, 1995 7:21:26 PM UTC-6, Steven Moffat wrote:
> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to
> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no
> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our
> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is
> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our
> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from
> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud
> of it.
>
> Steven Moffat

HAHA! I love how he starts out, "Here's a particularly stupid theory..."

The Doctor

Nov 8, 2012, 8:06:57 AM11/8/12
In article <6bb36199-2979-44ff...@googlegroups.com>,
Where did you come from?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Lest We Forget 11 NOv 2012

¡Gölök Z.L.F Buday AKA The Black Jester AKA The Voltairian

Nov 24, 2012, 2:54:17 AM11/24/12
On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 01:33:21 -0800 (PST), in rec.arts.drwho emmaw...@gmail.com wrote:

ĄIn the early years of doctor who they used to call the doctor "Doctor Who" and in the credits they have Doctor Who and then the actors name. I think the doctor regenerated so many times he slowly changed his name even in his mind...

Dr. John Smith is a joke from the Unearthly Child, Chesterton refers to a book, or in a memory of one told to him by Susan.
Forman was the rust yard.
His classmate, Draxx, called him Feet, Sig, short for Feta Sigma.
Armageddon Factor of the Key to Time.

luser...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2013, 12:32:08 AM1/8/13
On Sunday, January 8, 1995 7:21:26 PM UTC-6, Steven Moffat wrote:
> Here's a particularly stupid theory. If we take "The Doctor" to
> be the Doctor's name - even if it is in the form of a title no
> doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan - perhaps our
> earthly use of the word "doctor" meaning healer or wise man is
> direct result of the Doctor's multiple interventions in our
> history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from
> him. This is a very silly idea and I'm consequently rather proud
> of it.
>
> Steven Moffat

I don't remember the exact title, but there was a novel from the 15th or 16th century called "The Merrie Doctor" or something like that which described a doctor from an unknown foreign land with mystical/magical powers.

There's also the curious character Abaris the Hyperborean from Iamblichus' Life of Pythagoras who travelled using a "magic dart".

And, of course Asklepios from the Pymander (first part of The Corpus Hermeticum).

Some or all of these could be retconned.

HTH
luser-droog
Message has been deleted

brandy...@yahoo.com

Jan 9, 2013, 10:49:12 PM1/9/13
I KNOW THE DOCTORS REAL
NAME AND ITS AN ANAGRAM

Your Name

Jan 10, 2013, 12:15:37 AM1/10/13
In article <a81ffa2d-e374-4669...@googlegroups.com>,
brandy...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I KNOW THE DOCTORS REAL
> NAME AND ITS AN ANAGRAM

So his real name is "How" ... Doctor How Who. He must be Chinese. ;-)
Message has been deleted

Brian

Jan 10, 2013, 1:44:03 AM1/10/13
¡Gölök Z.L.F Buday AKA The Black Jester AKA The Voltairian
<mentalmid...@slave.stopnwo.gubnah.state.us.wa.gov> wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 00:35:32 +0000 (UTC), in rec.arts.drwho The Doctor
> <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> ¡On 2012-09-09, MDS <M...@RADW.USENET> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> Isn't Fett Rob Fett?
>> \
>>

>> If you're asking if that's his real name, then no.
>>

> ¡
> ¡Hmm.. What is his name again?
>
> Only brought up in Armegeddon Factor, Feta "Feat" Sigma. At least in
> Drax's accent it sounds that way.

The doctor is so old that he doesn't remember his own name.

--
Regards Brian

Keith Cunningham

Jan 10, 2013, 5:09:55 AM1/10/13