Doctor Who: The Doctor Falls

The Last Doctor

Jul 2, 2017, 7:21:24 AM7/2/17
"I get knocked down, But I get up again; You're never gonna keep me
down" - Chumbawamba
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And so we reach the beginning of the final chapter in Peter Capaldi's
innings as the Doctor.

Quick synopsis first (not in the order it appears on-screen as Moffat's
decided to go for a nonlinear structure for this story - bizarre and
implausible twists will be marked [!]): the two Masters decide to work
together and reveal the Master's cunning, goatee-stroking plan to create
a new race of cybermen from scratch in this time-dilated megastructure.
The Doctor in turn reveals his cunning plan - in a matter of seconds he
hacked into the cybermen's core programming from a remote terminal [!]
and redefined human as having up to two hearts, so that he and the
Masters are now legitimate targets for cyber conversion. Meanwhile
Nardole, having run away from the confrontation, has found a small
shuttlecraft inside the Metropolis-a-like factory city deck that is deck
1056 [!], learned to fly it in an instant [!], and brings it with ease
to the exact rooftop in this vast city [!] where Missy has turned on the
Master and freed the Doctor. A cyberman bearhugs the Doctor and
electrocutes him but is saved by CyberBill, who has an ultra powerful
helmet beam weapon and is somehow stll one of the good guys. The Masters
try to escape without the Doctor and Bill but Bill holds the
shuttlecraft down by holding its ascent ladder with one hand [!].

The shuttlecraft is also equipped with a high powered nosecone weapon
(WHY?) - good enough in fact to blast its way halfway through the ship,
over 500 os what one would assume are pretty impregnable bulkheads
(after all, the one on this deck is sturdy enough to support a CITY)[!].

Finally on deck 507 they have time to recover (WHY? Time's passing much
faster down below, they should be being chased closely) on a farm deck
where the occasional Mark-1 protocyberman has been breaking through for
ages, which the locals kill and then use as scarecrows (and why do the
farmers have rifles anyway? Did the builders create these levels with
foxes and bears to ease the tedium of farming life inside a spaceship?)

Meanwhile the cybermen have been busily upgrading themselves and through
the magical powers of perfect "parallel evolution" we now see "Cybus"
and "Iron Man" cybermen, but no new or different ones [!] alongside the
originals - what, no love for the cybermen of the late 60s, the 70s, or
the 80s?)

The cybermen fly up to level 507 and get blown up in huge numbers due
primarily to Nardole's ability to hack into the infrastructure of the
spaceship and randomly explode it using a laptop that presumably came
from the defunct shuttlecraft.

The Masters decide to leg it but then Missy stabs her predecessor
because she wants to be good, and then he shoots her in the back with
his laser screwdriver because he doesn't.

The Doctor makes one last desperate stand to allow the locals and
Nardole to escape up a whole five levels and give them some breathing
space - rather a hollow victory - and winds up unconscious and dying in
the middle of a large explosive wasteland.

The badly damaged CyberBill comes and sobs over him and then -
"Heather", the alien pilot from episode one this year, turns up out of
the blue and transforms Bill into part of her gestalt being, allowing
the CyberBody to die [!]. The two of them save the Doctor and deposit
him in his TARDIS, where he wakes up alone but determined not to
regenerate. Unfortunately his body seems determined to do exactly that.

He exits the TARDIS into the snows of the Antarctic, still desperately
trying to damp down the fires of change, where he runs across ... the
First Doctor. To be continued: the end. The Doctors will return at
Christmas.

Wow. not such a quick synopsis after all. Just for once there was a
pretty dense plot in there - that was a lot to pack into an hour. But
was it any good?

Well, it was certainly spectacular. However, Moffat, as is his wont,
airbrushed over a huge swathe of improbabilities (all the [!] moments
above, and that's just the ones I can recall offhand this morning) by
just keeping the ball rolling - which it did, at breakneck pace. But
apart from just about doing for the Doctor, the Cybermen were as
incomprehensibly ineffective as ever. The two Masters subplot, while
beautifully acted, funny, engaging and sinister by turns, fizzled out in
a mutual murder pact (except that, of course, it won't have, this is the
MASTER we're talking about). The dialogue for these two though was, for
once, sparky and witty and a total delight from beginning to end.

I think the tratement of Bill mainly as human did work to make many of
her scenes more emotionally effective (the sing song Cyber voice would
have made a lot of that dialogue less impactful, as would not seeing
Pearl's face) but I think I would have liked to see at least one or two
more scenes done the other way, for instance the following exchange
might have been equally or more poignant played off against the CyberBill:

"You said you could fix this!"
"Yes, I did."
"Were you lying?"
"No."
"Were you wrong?"
"Yes."

Those were a beautiful few lines, by the way. Really showed how Bill has
somehow got to know the real Doctor (the arrogant but vulnerable Doctor)
better, in a shorter time, than many other companions.

Why on earth didn't someone paint CyberBill blue or something though, so
that they wouldn't keep shooting at her in a panic?

Oh and look, it turns out that "The Lie of the Land" actually had a
point! The Monks weren't just a shit monster-of-two-too-many-weeks after
all. Bill's ability to hold onto her essential self is explained by her
resistance to the Monks - this also serves, retrospectively, to help
explain those other few anomalies in the past - the Cyber brig, the
Torchwood woman. Being Cyberised may be inevitable, but the end can be
delayed, perhaps indefinitely.

I didn't much like Heather's deus-ex-machina return - drawn to the scene
by Bill's tears - or the fact that, two years running, a doomed
companion has been rescued and will get to swan off around all time and
space together with a nice immortal girl. Maybe one day there will be a
team-up spinoff, The Time Girls, with Ashildr, Clara, Heather and Bill
all on some sort of intergalactic hen night gone wrong. I hope not.

Of course, the Doctor doesn't even know that Bill has - sort of -
survived. The next Doctor could be even more dark and angsty than Peter
Capaldi has been this year.

However, the ending - the cliffhanger - that, I enjoyed. The call out
from all the recent companions. And David Bradley is as perfect as he
can be in taking on the Hartnell mantle. Six months to wait now. This
Christmas special will, hopefully, be a humdinger.

Overall: 8.5 out of 10. I think it could have been more linear, so
younger viewers would have had a better grasp of what was going on, and
a few of the plot holes didn't really need to gape like the 550-floor
sinkhole Nardole's drilled through the generation ship. But it was
enjoyable all the way through, superbly well acted, emotional, and a
fitting climax to what has undoubtedly been Capaldi's finest season as
the Doctor.

--
Bashir: What I want to know is, out of all the stories you told me which
ones were true and which ones weren't?

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2017, 7:54:15 AM7/2/17
In article <ers39i...@mid.individual.net>,
Why?

Rumour, Bill will be back

>Overall: 8.5 out of 10. I think it could have been more linear, so
>younger viewers would have had a better grasp of what was going on, and
>a few of the plot holes didn't really need to gape like the 550-floor
>sinkhole Nardole's drilled through the generation ship. But it was
>enjoyable all the way through, superbly well acted, emotional, and a
>fitting climax to what has undoubtedly been Capaldi's finest season as
>the Doctor.

You and I agree!

Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides

Tim Bruening

Jul 2, 2017, 11:06:49 AM7/2/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Bill has now united with Heather the Puddle, who is actually a sapient spaceship that can travel through time and space. I bet that Heather isn't the ONLY sapient puddle spaceship!

Plot for Christmas or Season 11: Heather's relatives come calling! Earth is invaded by sapient puddles seeking to absorb all of humanity the way Heather was absorbed! Bill begs Heather to intercede with the other puddle ships. When that fails, Heather and Bill must fight the other puddles!

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2017, 2:21:11 PM7/2/17
In article <4129e962-d2ff-43a5...@googlegroups.com>,
Where are the Doctors?

Tim Bruening

Jul 2, 2017, 2:27:11 PM7/2/17
They are welcome to join the puddle fighting party onnce they have dispatched the Cybermen.

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2017, 2:28:43 PM7/2/17
In article <fed6ba7e-e16c-413b...@googlegroups.com>,
We think Antartica but what if the Doctor is pre-Unearthly Child?

Tim Bruening

Jul 2, 2017, 2:38:43 PM7/2/17
Then he wouldn't knnow about Cybermen!

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2017, 4:36:45 PM7/2/17
In article <236ab7c4-f01c-4db8...@googlegroups.com>,
The first Doctor? Yes.

Tim Bruening

Jul 3, 2017, 8:34:17 AM7/3/17

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

The Doctor is fighting off his regeneration. What will happen when his regeneration finally occurs? Will he blow up the TARDIS?

Tim Bruening

Jul 3, 2017, 8:41:17 AM7/3/17
Then we might see Susan!

Susan: Who is that man, and why is he giving off bolts of light?

1st Doctor: That is your grandfather.

Susan: But you are my grandfather!

1st Doctor: That is one of my future incarnations! We're both your grandfather! He is regenerating.

Susan: He? He now looks like a woman!

13th Doctor: Eek! I am a woman! I've done a Missy! Oh hello, granddaughter!

The Doctor

Jul 3, 2017, 9:54:47 AM7/3/17
In article <451c87df-6614-442c...@googlegroups.com>,
Wait and see.

The Doctor

Jul 3, 2017, 9:56:07 AM7/3/17
In article <452f7421-db12-4cfb...@googlegroups.com>,
Carole Ann Ford? Yes!!

Tim Bruening

Jul 3, 2017, 12:48:00 PM7/3/17
But isn't she now too old to play Susan as she was BEFORE "An Unearthly Child"?

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 1:09:37 AM7/4/17
In article <511d2a1a-566d-4c09...@googlegroups.com>,
Depends on what she looks like.

The Last Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 2:24:01 AM7/4/17
Not really Dave. How many 77 year old women do you know who can pass for
teenagers?

If Susan was to feature in the Christmas special, it would be because
Capaldi took Bradley off on a "bucket list" trip to fulfil his promise to
return "one day", and meet Susan as either a very old Carole Ann Ford, or a
very old regenerated Joanna Lumley.

You know, a "bucket list" comedy road movie for two dying Doctors would be
a much likelier Christmas pitch than "let's revisit The Tenth Planet and
change it".

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2017, 5:33:39 AM7/4/17
What would happen if TWO Doctors regenerated in close proximity? Would a hole be blown in the universe?

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 10:44:44 AM7/4/17
In article <es0qjv...@mid.individual.net>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
Look, there are some 50 year old women who could pass for under 30.

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 10:49:13 AM7/4/17
In article <a108b815-1fb4-47ea...@googlegroups.com>,
Like the MAster and Missy?

The Last Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 12:05:52 PM7/4/17
Yes there are. But you're talking about three times that difference.

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2017, 1:48:13 PM7/4/17
The Master was claiming that Missy could not regenerate!

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 5:55:53 PM7/4/17
In article <es1smp...@mid.individual.net>,
How about face lifts?

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 6:02:27 PM7/4/17
In article <5a80767d-a30f-4579...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 7:49:13 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <a108b815-1fb4-47ea...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> >What would happen if TWO Doctors regenerated in close proximity? Would
>> >a hole be blown in the universe?
>>
>> Like the MAster and Missy?
>
>The Master was claiming that Missy could not regenerate!

So is this Tenth Planet Part 3?

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2017, 7:05:26 PM7/4/17
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 3:02:27 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <5a80767d-a30f-4579...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 7:49:13 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Like the MAster and Missy?
> >
> >The Master was claiming that Missy could not regenerate!
>
> So is this Tenth Planet Part 3?

The Master shooting Missy scene happened in "The Doctor Falls".

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2017, 10:47:25 PM7/4/17
In article <364ed30d-107d-4ada...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 3:02:27 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <5a80767d-a30f-4579...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >The Master was claiming that Missy could not regenerate!
>>
>> So is this Tenth Planet Part 3?
>
>The Master shooting Missy scene happened in "The Doctor Falls".

We are talking about the 1st doctor!

Tim Bruening

Jul 4, 2017, 11:11:26 PM7/4/17
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 7:47:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <364ed30d-107d-4ada...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 3:02:27 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> So is this Tenth Planet Part 3?
> >
> >The Master shooting Missy scene happened in "The Doctor Falls".
>
> We are talking about the 1st doctor!

When I asked about the effect of two Doctors regenerating close together, someone responded with "Like the MAster and Missy?". I responded that the Master was claiming that Missy couldn't regenerate, then someone asked if it was "Tenth Planet part 3". I therefore corrected that person as to the timing of the Master/Missy scene.

The Doctor

Jul 5, 2017, 1:53:23 AM7/5/17
In article <f1d3b074-2b83-4ece...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 7:47:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <364ed30d-107d-4ada...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >The Master shooting Missy scene happened in "The Doctor Falls".
>>
>> We are talking about the 1st doctor!
>
>When I asked about the effect of two Doctors regenerating close
>together, someone responded with "Like the MAster and Missy?". I
>responded that the Master was claiming that Missy couldn't regenerate,
>then someone asked if it was "Tenth Planet part 3". I therefore
>corrected that person as to the timing of the Master/Missy scene.

Still the 2 doctors will regenrate.

Tim Bruening

Jul 5, 2017, 3:03:33 AM7/5/17
Still unknown is what happens when TWO Timelords regenerate in close proximity!

The Doctor

Jul 5, 2017, 10:06:26 AM7/5/17
In article <17bc038f-9126-4e50...@googlegroups.com>,
One is on the TARDIS (The 10th planet / Power of the Daleks)

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2017, 4:47:50 AM7/6/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

How to save Missy: Have the 12th Doctor regenerate into 13 while hugging Missy's body. His regeneration energy would trigger her own regeneration.

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2017, 8:26:45 AM7/6/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

I have read that they Cybermen originally came from Telos, then settled on Mondas, the flew Mondas to Earth.

I now speculate that the ship we have been looking at for the past two weeks was on its way from Telos to Mondas to pick up colonists, or vice versa.

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2017, 8:35:14 AM7/6/17
On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 4:21:24 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> "I get knocked down, But I get up again; You're never gonna keep me
> down" - Chumbawamba
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> And so we reach the beginning of the final chapter in Peter Capaldi's
> innings as the Doctor.

Peter Capaldi at the bat! Can he hit a game winning homer?

> The badly damaged CyberBill comes and sobs over him and then -
> "Heather", the alien pilot from episode one this year, turns up out of
> the blue and transforms Bill into part of her gestalt being, allowing
> the CyberBody to die [!].

Heather says that she had sensed Bill crying. However, Bill was also crying at the end of The Pyramid At The End Of The World. Why didn't Heather come THEN?

The two of them save the Doctor and deposit
> him in his TARDIS, where he wakes up alone but determined not to
> regenerate. Unfortunately his body seems determined to do exactly that.

Is the Doctor in grief over Missy?

> He exits the TARDIS into the snows of the Antarctic, still desperately
> trying to damp down the fires of change, where he runs across ... the
> First Doctor. To be continued: the end. The Doctors will return at
> Christmas.

Is the Doctor trying to pull a Master, who similarly suppressed his regeneration (The Last of the Time Lords)?

The Doctor

Jul 6, 2017, 10:23:14 AM7/6/17
In article <d6754d08-ae74-4085...@googlegroups.com>,
No you have to do a River Song.

The Doctor

Jul 6, 2017, 10:24:54 AM7/6/17
In article <0ffb9b2e-d1bc-44f5...@googlegroups.com>,
The cybermen are originally from Mondas

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2017, 9:30:28 PM7/6/17
River Song wasn't a Time Lord. The Doctor is, so he might be able to revive Missy without using up all his regenerations.

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 12:02:39 AM7/7/17
In article <60aa0dfc-b874-4fe9...@googlegroups.com>,
River killed the Doctor in Let's Kill Hitler.

She revived the Dcotor with her artron energy.

The Last Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 2:49:58 AM7/7/17
No, no. The audience is supposed to know Missy's dead, but the Doctor
doesn't. He thinks the two Masters eloped, more or less.

Here's my take on it. I won't inflict the whole of my ramblings on this
newsgroup.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.drwho.creative/Njvs1TK2Gwg

--
Bashir: What I want to know is, out of all the stories you told me which
ones were true and which ones weren't?
Garak: My dear doctor...they're all true.
Bashir: Even the lies?
Garak: Especially the lies.

solar penguin

Jul 7, 2017, 5:10:24 AM7/7/17
On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 14:24:53 +0000, Yads yapped...
Some of them are. Others aren't.

DOCTOR: They always get started. They happen everywhere there's people.
Mondas, Telos, Earth, Planet 14, Marinus. Like sewage and smartphones
and Donald Trump, some things are just inevitable.

Tim Bruening

Jul 7, 2017, 8:27:10 AM7/7/17
The Doctor is still obligated by his sacred Oath to guard Missy for 1,000 years, dead or alive, so he is now obligated to look for her in order to get her back into that Vault! I therefore expect him to look for her, starting on floor 507 of the Mondasian ship (where he last saw her) then proceeding throughout the Universe. His search may be Season 11's overall plot arc!

Or he might simply find her dead body on Floor 507, and attempt to revive her, using his regeneration energy. If that doesnn't work, he would take her to the Sisterhood of Karn. Eventually, he would take her, alive or dead, back to the Vault.

Tim Bruening

Jul 7, 2017, 8:31:40 AM7/7/17
I hadn't know that there were Cybermen on Marinus.

Pudentame

Jul 7, 2017, 10:38:58 AM7/7/17
On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 07:49:58 +0100, The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com>
wrote:
Missy is dead.

But, The Master has been dead before, so that's not necessarily an
impediment.

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 11:30:41 AM7/7/17
In article <es8p8l...@mid.individual.net>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
Nice one!!

>--
>Bashir: What I want to know is, out of all the stories you told me which
>ones were true and which ones weren't?
>Garak: My dear doctor...they're all true.
>Bashir: Even the lies?
>Garak: Especially the lies.

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 11:32:48 AM7/7/17
In article <299befd7-8c14-4cbd...@googlegroups.com>,
First he has to recall the Mondasian ship.

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 11:33:09 AM7/7/17
In article <d7d99d92-2358-4a5f...@googlegroups.com>,
DWM fiction.

Tim Bruening

Jul 7, 2017, 1:44:57 PM7/7/17
The Doctor has the ability to remote control the Mondasian ship?

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 4:56:23 PM7/7/17
In article <73810977-9640-4774...@googlegroups.com>,
recall as in remember , not remote control

Tim Bruening

Jul 7, 2017, 5:16:33 PM7/7/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Onnce things settle down onn the Mondasian ship, I predict that Nardole will return o Floor 507 with a posse the search for Missy so that he can lock her up as per the Doctor's Oath!

T987654321

Jul 7, 2017, 5:31:41 PM7/7/17
Mostly sucked, the end might mean something better coming - in 6 moths.

solar penguin

Jul 7, 2017, 5:42:53 PM7/7/17
On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 05:31:39 -0700, Tim typed...
AIUI in the 1980s, the DWM comic strip ran a very fanwanky story
revealing the the Voord were a primitive type of Cyberman.

I've never read it myself, so I can't give you any details. Sorry.

Your Name

Jul 7, 2017, 5:58:12 PM7/7/17
Thankfully the awful Missy is gone.

Simm's Master says "Don't bother trying to regenerate, you got the full
blast" and Gomez has been pretty clear that her Doctor Who career id
finished ("It's done now. It's over. It's the end of a chapter.").

But the Master character may not be finished. It /is/ a time travel
show after all, so the Doctor could meet the Master at any stage in the
Master's timeline. There's also some fan debate as to whether or not
there might be one (or more) Master regnerations in between Simms and
Gomez.
<http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-01/is-there-a-secret-regeneration-between-the-master-and-missy-in-doctor-who>

Your Name

Jul 7, 2017, 6:11:03 PM7/7/17
On 2017-07-07 21:31:39 +0000, T987654321 said:

> Mostly sucked, the end might mean something better coming - in 6 moths.

"Six moths"?? It's possible. There were moths in the episode "The Two
Doctors" and in the K-9 comic story "K9 and the Missing Planet".
<http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Moth>

;-)

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 6:14:45 PM7/7/17
In article <a85e41b8-9f53-4f3d...@googlegroups.com>,
The Doctor changes ...

Tim Bruening

Jul 7, 2017, 7:22:19 PM7/7/17
On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 2:58:12 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> On 2017-07-07 14:38:54 +0000, Pudentame said:
> > On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 07:49:58 +0100, The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com>
> > wrote:

> >> No, no. The audience is supposed to know Missy's dead, but the Doctor
> >> doesn't. He thinks the two Masters eloped, more or less.
> >>
> >> Here's my take on it. I won't inflict the whole of my ramblings on this
> >> newsgroup.
> >>
> >> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.drwho.creative/Njvs1TK2Gwg
> >
> > Missy is dead.
> >
> > But, The Master has been dead before, so that's not necessarily an
> > impediment.
>
> Thankfully the awful Missy is gone.

But she's the only Master incarnation that ever reformed!

> Simm's Master says "Don't bother trying to regenerate, you got the full
> blast" and Gomez has been pretty clear that her Doctor Who career id
> finished ("It's done now. It's over. It's the end of a chapter.").

Or Missy could regenerate anyway, making it necessary to recruit a new actor or actress. Why should we necessarily believe the Master's claim that Missy couldn't regenerate? Why should Missy try to regenerate anyway? She would have nothing to lose by trying!

The Doctor

Jul 7, 2017, 8:33:57 PM7/7/17
In article <063db21b-2de3-4dd5...@googlegroups.com>,
Missy got killed!

Tim Bruening

Jul 8, 2017, 8:49:37 PM7/8/17
And I missed listing moths as Doctor Who animals!

The Doctor

Jul 8, 2017, 10:35:54 PM7/8/17
In article <1432b856-cc42-408b...@googlegroups.com>,
Moths can be months.

Daniel60

Aug 15, 2017, 7:42:54 AM8/15/17
On 4/07/2017 7:33 PM, Tim Bruening wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 11:24:01 PM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
>> The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>>> Depends on what she looks like.
>>
>> Not really Dave. How many 77 year old women do you know who can pass for
>> teenagers?
>>
>> If Susan was to feature in the Christmas special, it would be because
>> Capaldi took Bradley off on a "bucket list" trip to fulfil his promise to
>> return "one day", and meet Susan as either a very old Carole Ann Ford, or a
>> very old regenerated Joanna Lumley.
>>
>> You know, a "bucket list" comedy road movie for two dying Doctors would be
>> a much likelier Christmas pitch than "let's revisit The Tenth Planet and
>> change it".
>
> What would happen if TWO Doctors regenerated in close proximity? Would a hole be blown in the universe?

Yes, Tim.

Daniel

Tim Bruening

Oct 21, 2017, 3:32:16 PM10/21/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

At the end, Heather comes for Bill, saying that she had felt Bill's tears (Over the dying Doctor). Why didn'tt Heather come for Bill at the end of "The Pyramid At The End Of The World", when Bill was crying because the Doctor was about to be blown up because he was blind, so couldn't work a combination lock? Bill certainly seemed at least as upset as she was in "Fall", so should have attracted Heather's attention!

The Doctor

Oct 21, 2017, 5:27:42 PM10/21/17
In article <d4a6d9d0-5fd4-41e1...@googlegroups.com>,
With Heather keeping a discrete distance.

Tim Bruening

Oct 22, 2017, 1:21:54 AM10/22/17
Shouldn't Heather have shown up in person to save Bill from having to ask the Monks for help?

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2017, 8:40:43 AM10/22/17

Tim Bruening

Oct 22, 2017, 5:57:48 PM10/22/17
Why not? It would have been utterly in order for Heather to help Bill save the Doctor in "Lie", since she considered it in order to help Bill save the Doctor during "Fall". Both episodes featured a Doctor in imminent danger of death by explosion, and both episodes featured a sobbing Bill. Therefore, Heather should logically have come to Bill's aid during "Lie"!

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2017, 6:38:36 PM10/22/17
In article <00e341b7-7597-40e0...@googlegroups.com>,
Then no rescuing the Doctor would be needed.

Tim Bruening

Oct 22, 2017, 7:11:42 PM10/22/17
And no Monk tyranny!

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2017, 7:29:13 PM10/22/17
In article <42fe7f01-32d9-4e04...@googlegroups.com>,
They were practising.

Tim Bruening

Oct 22, 2017, 10:35:13 PM10/22/17
The Monks? I had thought that the conquest in "Pyramid" was the real deal!

Tim Bruening

Oct 22, 2017, 10:41:24 PM10/22/17
Why not? Both "Fall" and "Pyramid" featured a Doctor about to die from explosions, and a sobbing, very desperate Bill. Therefore, Heather's response in "Pyramid" should logically have been the same as it would be in "Fall": Come to Bill to help her save the Doctor!

The Doctor

Oct 23, 2017, 11:05:20 AM10/23/17
In article <bb1ffcd9-390b-4779...@googlegroups.com>,
They captured the President of Earth.

The Doctor

Oct 23, 2017, 11:05:46 AM10/23/17
In article <06423594-0175-46c3...@googlegroups.com>,
Ws the Doctor that close to Death?

Tim Bruening

Oct 23, 2017, 1:16:58 PM10/23/17
The lab he was in was about to blow up.

The Doctor

Oct 23, 2017, 4:12:18 PM10/23/17
In article <9701b3c3-d65a-4850...@googlegroups.com>,
With the Doctor's doing.

Tim Bruening

Oct 24, 2017, 6:32:36 PM10/24/17
IMHO, he was still in enough danger that Heather should have shown up in response to Bill's distress.

The Doctor

Oct 24, 2017, 11:53:16 PM10/24/17
In article <16f95609-cbdb-4686...@googlegroups.com>,
So where is she?

Tim Bruening

Oct 27, 2017, 9:58:19 PM10/27/17
That is what I have been wondering: Why Heather didn't come to Bill's aid during "Pyramid" when the Doctor was about to die ad Bill was sobbing!

solar penguin

Oct 28, 2017, 4:03:18 AM10/28/17
On 28/10/17 02:58, Tim typed...

> That is what I have been wondering: Why Heather didn't come to
> Bill's aid during "Pyramid" when the Doctor was about to die ad Bill was sobbing!

Maybe the monks' technology had a side effect of blocking out Bill's
distress so Heather couldn't detect it.

Maybe Heather's travels through time meant that she already knew Bill
and the world would come through this OK.

Maybe Heather wasn't in the right place at the right time to detect
Bill's sorrow then.

Or...

Maybe Heather is just a typical Moffat deus ex machina plot device, not
a proper fully-developed character, and like all of Moffat's plot
devices, her motives don't have to make sense.

The Doctor

Oct 28, 2017, 9:00:13 AM10/28/17
In article <ot1dk4$hn$1...@dont-email.me>,
The latter.

Tim Bruening

Dec 19, 2017, 9:25:50 AM12/19/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

The Doctor mentions Donald Trump as one of the things that is inevitable. I assume that that means that Trump is indeed the POTUS in the Whoiverse. I don't see the Doctor attaching that type of importance to a mere businessman!

Tim Bruening

Dec 19, 2017, 9:31:46 AM12/19/17
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Great moment: Missy knocking out the Master.

Cyber Bill sees herself as human. Similar to Dalek Clara seeing herself as human (Asylum of the Daleks).

The Doctor giving a kid a jelly baby as per Tom Baker.

The Doctor

Dec 19, 2017, 9:58:00 AM12/19/17
In article <94bbaec6-767c-456a...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes.
Happy Christmas 2017 and Merry New Year 2018

The Doctor

Dec 19, 2017, 9:58:20 AM12/19/17
In article <4fe879ad-3e2b-4f56...@googlegroups.com>,
Getting ready for Twice upon a time?

Tim Bruening

Dec 19, 2017, 12:32:40 PM12/19/17
On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 6:25:50 AM UTC-8, Tim Bruening wrote:
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1
> 1

Near the end, Missy injures the Master, giving him just enough time to get back to his TARDIS so that he can regenerate. The Master rants for a while about how he will never stand with the Doctor, then shoots Missy. As the Master descends in the elevator, he looks to me that he is unable to stand or walk. How is he going to get to his TARDIS once the elevator stops?

The Doctor

Dec 19, 2017, 4:52:01 PM12/19/17
In article <2554a97b-2304-434f...@googlegroups.com>,
You are trying too figure that out?

How did Heater and Bill get the Doctor back to the TARDIS?

Tim Bruening

Dec 19, 2017, 9:17:37 PM12/19/17
Who is Heater?

The Doctor

Dec 19, 2017, 10:26:42 PM12/19/17
In article <144c9368-5aef-47f8...@googlegroups.com>,
Heather!!!!

Tim Bruening

Dec 20, 2017, 1:00:18 AM12/20/17
I assume that they carried him back to the TARDIS.

The Doctor

Dec 20, 2017, 10:00:28 AM12/20/17
In article <83abec28-7530-4930...@googlegroups.com>,
How?

The Coca Cola Kid

Dec 20, 2017, 11:51:06 AM12/20/17
On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 8:31:46 AM UTC-6, Tim Bruening wrote:

>Cyber Bill sees herself as human. Similar to Dalek Clara seeing herself
>as human (Asylum of the Daleks).

Another clue that this is all a dream.

The Doctor

Dec 20, 2017, 4:51:23 PM12/20/17
In article <2f956667-8b9a-44d1...@googlegroups.com>,
;-)

Tim Bruening

Dec 20, 2017, 7:22:43 PM12/20/17
Pick him up, load them in their puddle ship, and fly to the TARDIS.

Tim Bruening

Dec 20, 2017, 7:23:43 PM12/20/17
So what was really happening?

The Doctor

Dec 20, 2017, 7:34:57 PM12/20/17

The Doctor

Dec 20, 2017, 7:35:20 PM12/20/17
In article <0ee9c581-711d-4a75...@googlegroups.com>,
The regeneration goes wrong!

Tim Bruening

Dec 23, 2017, 2:50:14 AM12/23/17
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 4:35:20 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <0ee9c581-711d-4a75...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Another clue that this is all a dream.
> >
> >So what was really happening?
>
> The regeneration goes wrong!

Is that why Peter Capaldi is so reluctant to regenerate? He senses that its going wrong?

The Doctor

Dec 23, 2017, 8:11:07 AM12/23/17
In article <2a67b741-8569-49fc...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 4:35:20 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <0ee9c581-711d-4a75...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >So what was really happening?
>>
>> The regeneration goes wrong!
>
>Is that why Peter Capaldi is so reluctant to regenerate? He senses that
>its going wrong?

Exactly!

Tim Bruening

Jan 22, 2018, 12:13:00 AM1/22/18
On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 5:11:07 AM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <2a67b741-8569-49fc...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 4:35:20 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> The regeneration goes wrong!
> >
> >Is that why Peter Capaldi is so reluctant to regenerate? He senses that
> >its going wrong?
>
> Exactly!

He think that becoming a woman is a flaw?

The Doctor

Jan 22, 2018, 10:58:09 AM1/22/18
In article <96ac714f-d1e3-4fbc...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 5:11:07 AM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <2a67b741-8569-49fc...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Is that why Peter Capaldi is so reluctant to regenerate? He senses that
>> >its going wrong?
>>
>> Exactly!
>
>He think that becoming a woman is a flaw?

Go on you are getting the idea.
Birthday 29 Jan 1969 BOrn Redhill,Surrey,England , UK!

The Doctor

Oct 6, 2018, 3:55:16 PM10/6/18
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 8:05:46 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <06423594-0175-46c3...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

>Bill at the

>> >Why not? Both "Fall" and "Pyramid" featured a Doctor about to die from
>> >explosions, and a sobbing, very desperate Bill. Therefore, Heather's
>> >response in "Pyramid" should logically have been the same as it would be
>> >in "Fall": Come to Bill to help her save the Doctor!
>>
>> Ws the Doctor that close to Death?
>
>The lab he was in was about to blow up.

Only to have restored sight at a price.
Love much. Earth has enough of bitter in it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Timothy Bruening

Oct 6, 2018, 5:54:00 PM10/6/18
You say that Heather knew that the Monks would rescue the Doctor?

The Doctor

Oct 6, 2018, 5:57:35 PM10/6/18
In article <3b989475-8550-4948...@googlegroups.com>,
Heather was no doubt close by.

Timothy Bruening

Oct 6, 2018, 6:30:23 PM10/6/18
So she have sensed that Bill was about to give the Monks Earth, so should have intervened!

The Doctor

Oct 6, 2018, 7:52:10 PM10/6/18
In article <59a77bc4-0842-49df...@googlegroups.com>,
How?