Yad

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 2:32:14 PM1/8/22
Why is a Yad used to touch the Torah?
When reading the Torah during a synagogue service, the yad (literally “hand” in Hebrew) enables the reader to point to where they’re reading without touching the Torah.

The two things you need to know about a Torah are:

They’re made of parchment, which is animal skin.
They’re written and constructed by hand, and may take up to a year to produce. They are therefore pretty expensive — up to $100,000.
Because of the cost, and because they are holy objects, a synagogue wants to take very good care of them. Skin oils can cause them to degrade over time, so we try to minimize the amount of skin contact with the parchment. It’s not forbidden in any way to touch a Torah, but we try to minimize skin contact, and using a yad is an effective way of keeping a Torah in good shape.

Yads come in all sizes and can be made of any sturdy material that won’t damage the parchment — silver is common, but they can be made of other metals, or wood, clay, or glass. If you go back decades, you could buy ivory yads. They can be plain or very ornate. What almost all have in common is a tiny hand carved into the tip:

Every synagogue owns a yad that will be used by most people when they read from the Torah, but individuals will sometimes have their own, often one that they received as a gift that has special meaning to them.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 2:55:12 PM1/8/22
I got this from Quora. https://www.quora.com/

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2022, 6:53:36 PM1/8/22
In article <a9a960b4-f314-4317...@googlegroups.com>,
Stop eating pork and bacon if you are a real Christian.
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Jan 8, 2022, 6:55:31 PM1/8/22
In article <09eb5f19-e7f2-42ad...@googlegroups.com>,
Shalom! Salaam!

Daniel65

Jan 9, 2022, 5:28:46 AM1/9/22
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 9/1/22 6:55 am:
WHY did you get it at all, Tim?? And WHY did you post it here, Tim??
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2022, 8:11:02 AM1/9/22
In article <sredcs$prt$4...@dont-email.me>,
I think I know.

>--
>Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 8:19:57 AM1/9/22
Note the word "Yad", than add an "s".

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 8:21:20 AM1/9/22
But God told Peter to eat whatever he liked!

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2022, 8:22:53 AM1/9/22
In article <9c4dfbbb-175c-44fd...@googlegroups.com>,
Thought so.

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2022, 8:23:13 AM1/9/22
In article <c25de374-cca7-4e18...@googlegroups.com>,
Wrong context.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 9:35:07 AM1/9/22
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%2010:9-11:18&version=NIV

God may have meant to tell Peter to accept Gentiles as Christians, but if He didn't also intend to repeal Jewish dietary restrictions, He would have done something other than show Peter a sheet full of four footed animals, reptiles, and birds, and invite him to eat whatever animal he wanted!

Blueshirt

Jan 9, 2022, 3:12:51 PM1/9/22
Meat is murder! Why couldn't that Peter fella eat some plants or
something? Did he not care for the environment that his [cough] 'God'
created?

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2022, 6:56:08 PM1/9/22
In article <1bf56a05-8e68-44af...@googlegroups.com>,
Get the context correct.

From https://www.nk.ca/~doctor/blog/serendipity/index.php?/archives/614-Day-321-17-November-2021-reflections.html

cts 10

Peter and Cornelius

1 (Ac 27:1; 8:40) In Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, the centurion

[Commander with the rank of captain over 100 soldiers.] of a band of soldiers

called the Italian Detachment,

2 (Ac 10:22; 13:16; 13:26) a devout man and one who feared God with

all his household, who gave many alms to the people and continually

prayed to God.

3 (Ac 3:1; 5:19) About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision

an angel of God coming in and saying to him, "Cornelius."

4 (Heb 6:10; Ps 141:2) When he looked at him he was afraid, and said,

"What is it, Lord?"

He said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up as a memorial

before God.

5 Now send men to Joppa, and bring back Simon whose surname is Peter.

6 (Ac 9:43) He is lodging with Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the sea.

He will tell you what you must do."

7 When the angel who spoke to him had departed,

Cornelius called two of his household servants

and a devout soldier from among those who continually waited on him.

8 When he had explained everything to them, he sent them to Joppa.

9 (Ps 55:17; Zep 1:5) The next day as they went on their journey a

nd drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray

about the sixth hour.

10 (Ac 22:17) He became very hungry and desired to eat.

But while they prepared a meal, he fell into a trance

11 (Jn 1:51) and saw heaven opened, and a vessel like a great sheet,

tied at the four corners, descending to him, and let down to the earth.

12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth and wild beasts

and reptiles and birds of the air.

13 Then a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."

14 (Eze 4:14; Lev 20:25) Peter said, "Not at all, Lord.

For I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean."

15 (Mt 15:11; 1Co 10:25) The voice spoke to him a second time:

"What God has cleansed, do not call common."

16 This happened three times. And again the vessel was taken up into heaven.

[ his vision is about Peter accepting Gentiles as Christ followers and

not about unclean foods being clean]

The Doctor

Jan 9, 2022, 7:04:27 PM1/9/22
In article <srffk1$lmn$1...@dont-email.me>,
Get the context correct.

Acts 10

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 10:17:57 PM1/9/22
Why couldn't the vision be about BOTH Peter accepting Gentiles as Christians AND about repealing Jewish dietary restrictions? If God didn't mean to legalize the eating of "unclean foods", why did He show Peter a whole bunch of common/unclean animals and invite him to eat whatever animals he wanted? (It sure looked like God was definitely overthrowing Jewish dietary restrictions). Surely He would have used some other vision if he intended Peter and his new Gentile Christians to continue to abide by Jewish dietary restrictions!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 10:34:01 PM1/9/22
Gentiles would not necessarily be used to dietary Jewish restrictions, so might not be willing to convert if they had to abide by Jewish dietary restrictions, so I believe that God was repealing those restrictions as a part of recruiting Gentiles. After all, didn't Jesus Himself defy a number of Jewish traditions during his Ministry, and call out hypocritical Pharisees? I figure that He would have been open to modifying Jewish dietary traditions.

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 12:51:48 AM1/10/22
In article <52724a7c-ad5f-4df4...@googlegroups.com>,
Then what you propose would make the Bible inconsistant!

And What about offering food to idols, like pork, shrimp, crab, lobster ...

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 12:52:26 AM1/10/22
In article <2c943be9-8618-4e11...@googlegroups.com>,
Bogus, tim. Those are pagans lies about dietary.

Daniel65

Jan 10, 2022, 5:25:37 AM1/10/22
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 10/1/22 12:19 am:
Why did you, Tim, a good Christian lad, go looking for something about a
device used with a Torah at https://www.quora.com/, Tim??
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 10, 2022, 5:41:08 AM1/10/22
Blueshirt wrote on 10/1/22 7:12 am:
YOU BASTARD, Blueshirt ( ;-p ) .... picking on the poor defenceless
little plants like that!!

Bring on "The Day of the Triffids"!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 10, 2022, 5:52:49 AM1/10/22
The Doctor wrote on 10/1/22 11:04 am:
(Ac 27:1; 8:40) Ac 10:22; 13:16; 13:26) (Ac 3:1; 5:19) (Heb 6:10; Ps
141:2) (Ac 9:43) (Ps 55:17; Zep 1:5) (Ac 22:17) (Jn 1:51) (Eze 4:14; Lev
20:25) (Mt 15:11; 1Co 10:25)

AH!! So now YOU, clown, will cut and paste from all over The Bible (Old
and New Testaments) to try and make your point!!

Keep trying, clown!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 10, 2022, 5:57:56 AM1/10/22
The Doctor wrote on 10/1/22 4:51 pm:
> In article <52724a7c-ad5f-4df4...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1053 On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 3:56:08 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

<Snip>

>>> [ his vision is about Peter accepting Gentiles as Christ followers and
>>>
>>> not about unclean foods being clean]
>>
>> Why couldn't the vision be about BOTH Peter accepting Gentiles as
>> Christians AND about repealing Jewish dietary restrictions? If God
>> didn't mean to legalize the eating of "unclean foods", why did He show
>> Peter a whole bunch of common/unclean animals and invite him to eat
>> whatever animals he wanted? (It sure looked like God was definitely
>> overthrowing Jewish dietary restrictions). Surely He would have used
>> some other vision if he intended Peter and his new Gentile Christians to
>> continue to abide by Jewish dietary restrictions!
>
> Then what you propose would make the Bible inconsistant!
>
> And What about offering food to idols, like pork, shrimp, crab, lobster ...

YUM!! Well, except for the 'shrimp' but YABBIES and PRAWNS are Yum!!
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 6:37:59 AM1/10/22
I have eaten shrimp.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 6:47:48 AM1/10/22
Wouldn't making Gentiles Christians be inconsistent with earlier practice, as evidenced by God having to send Peter a vision telling him to admit Gentiles into the budding Christian church?

New Testament supersedes Old Testament.

> And What about offering food to idols, like pork, shrimp, crab, lobster ...

My church doesn't seem to offer any food to either God or idols.

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 10:46:00 AM1/10/22
In article <srh1iv$bpp$3...@dont-email.me>,
What a dumb question , Dannyboy!

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 10:46:18 AM1/10/22
In article <srh2g2$l1o$1...@dont-email.me>,
LOL!

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 10:46:56 AM1/10/22
In article <srh35v$peg$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

In regards to Tim's incomplete argument...

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 10:47:21 AM1/10/22
In article <srh3fi$peg$2...@dont-email.me>,
Yabbies? You sick Idlehands!

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 10:49:29 AM1/10/22
In article <850526c8-253d-42e5...@googlegroups.com>,
tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>1103 On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 2:57:56 AM UTC-8, Daniel65 wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 10/1/22 4:51 pm:
>netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> <Snip>

Still the Pagan infiltration is seen in Christianity.

The reference of "dirty animals" was a reference to Gentiles!

>> > Then what you propose would make the Bible inconsistant!
>> >
>> > And What about offering food to idols, like pork, shrimp, crab, lobster ...
>> >
>> YUM!! Well, except for the 'shrimp' but YABBIES and PRAWNS are Yum!!
>
>I have eaten shrimp.

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 10:50:51 AM1/10/22
In article <7cd80d1a-491d-41c4...@googlegroups.com>,
Bogus! The New Testament as per JEsus Christ is the upholdign
of the Old Testament for Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law!

>> And What about offering food to idols, like pork, shrimp, crab, lobster ...
>
>My church doesn't seem to offer any food to either God or idols.

Does you Church have Statues of Jesus and Mary?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 6:22:14 PM1/10/22
It has Stations of the Cross (carvings showing the various stages of the Crucifixion of Jesus). Also sculptures of Jesus on the Cross. On some of them, He seemed to be trying to escape.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Stations-of-the-Cross

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 6:52:50 PM1/10/22
In article <a39a2020-e93f-42f6...@googlegroups.com>,
My counter:

Exodus 20:3-6

3 (Jer 35:15; Dt 6:14 ) You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 (Lev 26:1; Dt 27:15; Lev 19:4)You shall not make for yourself any graven
idol, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water below the earth.
5 (Ex 34:14; Nu 14:18) You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I,
the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on
the children to the third and fourth generation of them who hate Me,
6 (Dt 7:9) and showing lovingkindness to thousands of them who love Me
and keep My commandments.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven
image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I
the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon
the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me,
and keep my commandments.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 10:05:53 PM1/10/22
I see nothing about what to eat for dinner.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 10:06:50 PM1/10/22
I take it that Yads would be against crucifixes.

The Doctor

Jan 11, 2022, 2:30:49 AM1/11/22
In article <db89155b-14fc-4683...@googlegroups.com>,
But you mentioned an image of JEsus on the Cross.

The Doctor

Jan 11, 2022, 2:31:04 AM1/11/22
In article <84c3bed0-e05f-4d29...@googlegroups.com>,
tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I take it that Yads would be against crucifixes.

With ones?

Daniel65

Jan 11, 2022, 5:31:33 AM1/11/22
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 10/1/22 10:37 pm:
Lucky You, Tim.
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2022, 9:13:57 AM1/11/22
631 632 633 634 On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:31:04 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <84c3bed0-e05f-4d29...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I take it that Yads would be against crucifixes.
> With ones?

With Jesus on the Cross.

The Doctor

Jan 11, 2022, 11:59:50 AM1/11/22
In article <srjma3$245$2...@dont-email.me>,
UGH!

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 11, 2022, 12:01:01 PM1/11/22
In article <ab3562bc-21e0-474a...@googlegroups.com>,
Because Jesus isn't on the cross!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2022, 1:09:39 PM1/11/22
1239 On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 9:01:01 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <ab3562bc-21e0-474a...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >631 632 633 634 On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:31:04 PM UTC-8,
> >netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> With ones?
> >
> >With Jesus on the Cross.
> Because Jesus isn't on the cross!

What do you call a sculpture of Jesus on a Cross?

The Doctor

Jan 11, 2022, 7:25:47 PM1/11/22
In article <12ca5ae0-46b8-4931...@googlegroups.com>,
Idol worship!

Daniel65

Jan 12, 2022, 1:33:21 AM1/12/22
The Doctor wrote on 12/01/2022 11:25 am:
> In article <12ca5ae0-46b8-4931...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1239 On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 9:01:01 AM UTC-8,
>> netk...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Because Jesus isn't on the cross!
>>
>> What do you call a sculpture of Jesus on a Cross?
>
> Idol worship!

Failed your reading lesson, again, clown!!
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2022, 1:43:43 AM1/12/22
1321 On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 9:01:01 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <ab3562bc-21e0-474a...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >631 632 633 634 On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:31:04 PM UTC-8,
> >netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> With ones?
> >
> >With Jesus on the Cross.
> Because Jesus isn't on the cross!

I could have shown that I read in the Bible about Jesus dying on a Cross!

The Doctor

Jan 12, 2022, 12:11:09 PM1/12/22
In article <srlsnf$a36$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Read Exdous 20 and pay close attention to graven images / idols.

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 12, 2022, 12:15:11 PM1/12/22
In article <32709cbe-ea05-4c62...@googlegroups.com>,
And then he rose from the Grave!!

Daniel65

Jan 13, 2022, 3:23:56 AM1/13/22
The Doctor wrote on 13/1/22 4:11 am:
https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Exdous+20&version=NIV

"Exdous 20"
"Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the
following:"
--
Daniel

Idlehands

Jan 13, 2022, 8:41:23 AM1/13/22
On 2022-01-13 1:23 a.m., Daniel65 wrote:
> The Doctor wrote on 13/1/22 4:11 am:
>> In article <srlsnf$a36$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65  <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:

>>> Failed your reading lesson, again, clown!!

<CHOP OF NONSENSE FROM BINKY>

>> Read Exdous 20 and pay close attention to graven images / idols.
>
> https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Exdous+20&version=NIV
>
> "Exdous 20"
> "Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the
> following:"

Binky has the nerve to laugh at my link then he creates this nonsense,
not sure how hard it is to type Exodus but we (TINW) are dealing with an
idiot here.

I guess binky doesn't believe Christ was crucified, and he calls himself
a "Christian".

--
"Circuses struggle to find new clowns as top prospects continue to go
into politics"

The Doctor

Jan 13, 2022, 11:27:38 AM1/13/22
In article <sronip$tda$1...@dont-email.me>,
Exodus 20 you narm!

Daniel65

Jan 14, 2022, 4:54:48 AM1/14/22
The Doctor wrote on 14/1/22 3:27 am:

<Snip>

> Exodus 20 you narm!

Well, why didn't YOU, clown, type that in the first place, clown .... or
were YOU, clown, just trying to increase YOUR Precious Post count, clown!!
--
Daniel

solar penguin

Jan 14, 2022, 4:59:48 AM1/14/22
Binky bleated:

https://youtu.be/8zazH7Iil3k

--
solar penguin

P.S. Narm? Isn’t that the millennials’ word for bathos?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2022, 7:01:20 AM1/14/22
What is a bathos?

Idlehands

Jan 14, 2022, 8:49:23 AM1/14/22
On 2022-01-14 2:59 a.m., solar penguin wrote:
> Binky bleated:
>
>> In article <sronip$tda$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:

>>> https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Exdous+20&version=NIV
>>>
>>> "Exdous 20"
>>> "Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please
>>> try the following:"
>>
>> Exodus 20 you narm!
>>

> https://youtu.be/8zazH7Iil3k

Nice, binky won't watch it but nice.

The Doctor

Jan 14, 2022, 10:47:44 AM1/14/22
In article <srrh96$dgt$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

So let be be nice to you!

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

Exodus 20

MEV

1 (Dt 5:22) Now God spoke all these words, saying:
2 (Ex 13:3; Lev 26:1) I am the Lord your God, who brought you
out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 (Jer 35:15; Dt 6:14) You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 (Lev 26:1; Dt 27:15; Lev 19:4) You shall not make for yourself
any graven idol, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven
above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water
below the earth.
5 (Ex 34:14; Nu 14:18) You shall not bow down to them or serve them;
for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children
to the third and fourth generation of them who hate Me,
6 (Dt 7:9) and showing lovingkindness to thousands of them
who love Me and keep My commandments.

( No idols, Love the Lord Your God as yourself,
what idols are there in your life?)

7 (Lev 19:12; Jas 5:12) You shall not take the name of the Lord your God
in vain, for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone
who takes His name in vain.

( NO swearing. REmember all good thinngs come from above.
Swaer at Satan, the enemy of your soul)

KJV

1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee
out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth:
5 thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity
of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation
of them that hate me;
6 and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me,
and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;
for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

There you go Dannyboy!

The Doctor

Jan 14, 2022, 10:48:02 AM1/14/22
In article <srrhih$gm7$1...@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>Binky bleated:
>
>> In article <sronip$tda$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:

>>> https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Exdous+20&version=NIV
>>>
>>> "Exdous 20"
>>> "Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please
>>> try the following:"
>>
>> Exodus 20 you narm!
>>

>https://youtu.be/8zazH7Iil3k

I prefer Bible.com

>--
>solar penguin
>
>P.S. Narm? Isn’t that the millennials’ word for bathos?

The Doctor

Jan 14, 2022, 11:19:16 AM1/14/22
In article <866a3ec0-0d78-4b1b...@googlegroups.com>,
LOL!

Daniel65

Jan 15, 2022, 4:46:40 AM1/15/22
The Doctor wrote on 15/1/22 2:47 am:
> 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any *graven* image,
> or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
> or that is in the earth beneath,
> or that is in the water under the earth:
> 5 thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
> for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity
> of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation
> of them that hate me;
> 6 and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me,
> and keep my commandments.
> 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;
> for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
>
> There you go Dannyboy!

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/graven

Adj. 1. graven - cut into a desired shape; "graven images"; "sculptured
representations"
2. graven - cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design";
"engraved invitations"

No mention of it being anti-Religious, clown!!
--
Daniel

solar penguin

Jan 15, 2022, 4:53:54 AM1/15/22
Tim typed:

> 1562 1563 1564 On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 1:59:48
> AM UTC-8, solar penguin wrote:
>> Binky bleated:
>>

>>> Exodus 20 you narm!
>>>
>> https://youtu.be/8zazH7Iil3k
>>
>> --
>> solar penguin
>>
>> P.S. Narm? Isn’t that the millennials’ word for bathos?
>
> What is a bathos?

The feeling of disappointment you get from a good story
with a very weak or silly ending.

--
solar penguin

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2022, 6:41:46 AM1/15/22
Have you recently had that experience with Doctor Who?

solar penguin

Jan 15, 2022, 6:46:08 AM1/15/22
Tim typed:
Not as much as I had during the Moffat era.

And definitely not enough to understand why Yads thinks
it’s an insult to use against Daniel.

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Jan 15, 2022, 10:52:27 AM1/15/22
In article <sru55t$fld$1...@dont-email.me>,
You really must be a papist idiot, Dannyboy!
Graven images includes statues of Christ!

And read

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end-time_paganism_Catholic_Mary

and

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_paganism_Catholic_Nimrod_Mary

, Dannyboy!

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

The Doctor

Jan 15, 2022, 10:52:57 AM1/15/22
In article <sru5jf$ht8$1...@dont-email.me>,
Sounds like Chibnall all right!

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Jan 15, 2022, 10:57:36 AM1/15/22
In article <577e40eb-11c9-4510...@googlegroups.com>,
Since Chibnall took over!

The Doctor

Jan 15, 2022, 11:00:59 AM1/15/22
In article <sruc5t$opj$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Chibnall Era needs to be retconned.

Daniel65

Jan 16, 2022, 7:41:28 AM1/16/22
The Doctor wrote on 16/1/22 2:52 am:
> In article <sru55t$fld$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 15/1/22 2:47 am:

<Snip>

>>> KJV
>>>
>>> 1 And God spake all these words, saying,
>>> 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee
>>> out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
>>> 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
>>> 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any *graven* image,
>>> or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
>>> or that is in the earth beneath,
>>> or that is in the water under the earth:
>>> 5 thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
>>> for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity
>>> of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation
>>> of them that hate me;
>>> 6 and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me,
>>> and keep my commandments.
>>> 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;
>>> for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
>>>
>>> There you go Dannyboy!
>>
>> https://www.thefreedictionary.com/graven
>>
>> Adj. 1. graven - cut into a desired shape; "graven images"; "sculptured
>> representations"
>> 2. graven - cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design";
>> "engraved invitations"
>>
>> No mention of it being anti-Religious, clown!!

> https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end-time_paganism_Catholic_Mary

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, clown!!

> and
>
> https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_paganism_Catholic_Nimrod_Mary

HEY, clown, does your breed of Christianity recognise The Holy Trinity,
Father, Son and Blessed Spirit, clown??

Mine does .... never heard of including Mother Mary in the Trinity, clown!!

So that link is yet another LOAD OF CRAP, clown!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 16, 2022, 7:44:19 AM1/16/22
solar penguin wrote on 15/1/22 10:46 pm:
> Tim typed:
>> 1715 On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 1:53:54 AM UTC-8,
>> solar penguin wrote:
>>> Tim typed:

>>> The feeling of disappointment you get from a good story
>>> with a very weak or silly ending.
>>
>> Have you recently had that experience with Doctor Who?
>
> Not as much as I had during the Moffat era.
>
> And definitely not enough to understand why Yads thinks
> it’s an insult to use against Daniel.

Sorry!! Did I miss where the clown insulted me?? ;-P
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 16, 2022, 8:15:08 AM1/16/22
In article <ss13pm$3ba$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Sound like Daniel is saying I hate trth therefore I ignore it.

The Doctor

Jan 16, 2022, 8:15:49 AM1/16/22
In article <ss13v1$3ba$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Bird got your tongue , Dannyboy?

Daniel65

Jan 16, 2022, 10:02:50 PM1/16/22
The Doctor wrote on 17/1/22 12:15 am:
> Sound like Daniel is saying I hate trth therefore I ignore it.

I've got no idea what YOU, clown, mean by 'trth', but, anyway ....

The clown being unable to answer a simple question ..... as usual!!

HEY, clown, does your breed of Christianity recognise The Holy Trinity,
Father, Son and Blessed Spirit, clown??

Simple question!!

I'm sure Tim could answer it .... but Tim's smarter than YOU, clown!!
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2022, 10:25:02 PM1/16/22
I know nothing about Yads' brand of Christianity.

%

Jan 16, 2022, 10:32:39 PM1/16/22
want me to tell you

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 12:16:25 AM1/17/22
In article <ss2m8o$m5h$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Everyone recognises Holy trinity.

You just cannot accept the Pagan roots of the RCC!

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 12:17:10 AM1/17/22
In article <c7ae65da-630d-40cc...@googlegroups.com>,
PLease read the links I provided to Dannyboy!

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 12:17:36 AM1/17/22
In article <K8udnRVpi_fMfnn8...@giganews.com>,
Go % !!

Daniel65

Jan 17, 2022, 5:10:42 AM1/17/22
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 17/1/22 2:25 pm:
Yea, Tim, but I was trying to suggest that you could tell us about 'The
Holy Trinity', Tim, .... something the clown seems to be unable to do, Tim!

Note, Tim, I don't need you to actually tell us about 'The Holy
Trinity', Tim, I'm just suggesting that I think you could, if necessary,
Tim.
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 17, 2022, 5:11:17 AM1/17/22
The Doctor wrote on 17/1/22 4:17 pm:
Why, clown?? They are garbage!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 17, 2022, 5:17:05 AM1/17/22
The Doctor wrote on 17/1/22 4:16 pm:
> Everyone recognises Holy trinity.

So why did YOU, clown, direct me to a website dealing with God the
Father, Christ and Mother Mary, clown??

> You just cannot accept the Pagan roots of the RCC!

WOW!!

As Christ was a Jew, I reckon there is a great Jewish influence in
Christianity and even the RCC, clown..... and, as there were NO
Christians before Christ, *ALL* the other early Church members had to
come from somewhere, clown.

If not Pagans, clown, WHOM??
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 10:36:48 AM1/17/22
In article <ss3fb0$n3v$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

>Note, Tim, I don't need you to actually tell us about 'The Holy
>Trinity', Tim, I'm just suggesting that I think you could, if necessary,
>Tim.

Well BS denies the Holy Trininy. So does Stephen Wilson.

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 10:37:17 AM1/17/22
In article <ss3fc3$n3v$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Only papists think they are gargabe.

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2022, 10:39:10 AM1/17/22
In article <ss3fmv$uqt$1...@dont-email.me>,
Because The Holy Spirit is not Mother Mary; and Mother Mary is not divine.

>> You just cannot accept the Pagan roots of the RCC!
>
>WOW!!
>
>As Christ was a Jew, I reckon there is a great Jewish influence in
>Christianity and even the RCC, clown..... and, as there were NO
>Christians before Christ, *ALL* the other early Church members had to
>come from somewhere, clown.
>
>If not Pagans, clown, WHOM??

Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

The Problem with papists is that they ignore the Jewish roots
of Christianity. Including the 5 golden rings.

Daniel65

Jan 18, 2022, 6:18:24 AM1/18/22
The Doctor wrote on 18/1/22 2:37 am:

<Snip>

> Only papists think they are gargabe.

"gargabe"?? As a possible Papist, I'd have to say NO to that ....
whatever it means!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 18, 2022, 6:21:46 AM1/18/22
The Doctor wrote on 18/1/22 2:36 am:
> In article <ss3fb0$n3v$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:

<Snip>

> Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!
>
> Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
> Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?
>
>> Note, Tim, I don't need you to actually tell us about 'The Holy
>> Trinity', Tim, I'm just suggesting that I think you could, if necessary,
>> Tim.
>
> Well BS denies the Holy Trininy. So does Stephen Wilson.

Look out, the clown is really scrapping the bottom of *HIS* barrel ....
if he is using Stephen as a reputable reference!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 18, 2022, 6:27:49 AM1/18/22
The Doctor wrote on 18/1/22 2:39 am:
> In article <ss3fmv$uqt$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 17/1/22 4:16 pm:
>>> In article <ss2m8o$m5h$1...@dont-email.me>,
>>> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Everyone recognises Holy trinity.
>>
>> So why did YOU, clown, direct me to a website dealing with God the
>> Father, Christ and Mother Mary, clown??
>
> Because The Holy Spirit is not Mother Mary; and Mother Mary is not divine.

Ah! So why does the website you referred to seem to place soooo much
respect it, clown??

>>> You just cannot accept the Pagan roots of the RCC!
>>
>> WOW!!
>>
>> As Christ was a Jew, I reckon there is a great Jewish influence in
>> Christianity and even the RCC, clown..... and, as there were NO
>> Christians before Christ, *ALL* the other early Church members had to
>> come from somewhere, clown.
>>
>> If not Pagans, clown, WHOM??

> The Problem with papists is that they ignore the Jewish roots
> of Christianity. Including the 5 golden rings.

GARBAGE, clown ..... and what are these '5 Golden Rings' that you refer
to, clown??
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 6:32:08 AM1/18/22
What is the Holy Trininy?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 6:34:09 AM1/18/22
Then God used food metaphors to tell Peter to open up the Christian Church to non-Jews, then Saul renamed himself Paul and preached the Gospel far and wide.

solar penguin

Jan 18, 2022, 6:59:11 AM1/18/22
Daniel declared:

> The Doctor wrote on 18/1/22 2:39 am:
>
>> The Problem with papists is that they ignore the Jewish
>> roots of Christianity. Including the 5 golden rings.
>
> GARBAGE, clown ..... and what are these '5 Golden Rings'
> that you refer to, clown??

They come between the four calling birds and the six swans
a-swimming.

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 10:27:17 AM1/18/22
In article <ss67lu$c0b$2...@dont-email.me>,
And what did you snip?

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 10:30:23 AM1/18/22
In article <ss67s8$f8i$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

It is ultimate sin to deny the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 10:32:23 AM1/18/22
In article <ss687j$hfa$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

My! My! You do not know that the 5 Golden rings...

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

refers to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers AND Deuteronomy?

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 10:33:03 AM1/18/22
In article <8b11850c-6675-4a71...@googlegroups.com>,
Trinity not Trininy. Good point TiSBr.

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 10:39:41 AM1/18/22
In article <3de65a19-cf5e-492b...@googlegroups.com>,
10/10 TiSBr!!

And Acts 13:2

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said,
Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

2 (Ac 9:15; 2Ti 1:11) As they worshipped the Lord and fasted,
the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work
to which I have called them."

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 10:47:15 AM1/18/22
In article <ss6a2d$t8n$1...@dont-email.me>,
4 Calling Birds, Matthew, Mark Luke and John.

>--
>solar penguin

solar penguin

Jan 18, 2022, 10:48:56 AM1/18/22
Binky bleated:

> In article <ss6a2d$t8n$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Daniel declared:

>>> GARBAGE, clown ..... and what are these '5 Golden Rings'
>>> that you refer to, clown??
>>
>> They come between the four calling birds and the six swans
>> a-swimming.
>>

> 4 Calling Birds, Matthew, Mark Luke and John.

Birds? They were women?

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 11:03:26 AM1/18/22
In article <ss6nh6$spa$1...@dont-email.me>,
An analogy.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 1:35:06 PM1/18/22
2106 On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 8:03:26 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <ss6nh6$spa$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Binky bleated:

> >> 4 Calling Birds, Matthew, Mark Luke and John.
> >>

> >Birds? They were women?
> >
> An analogy.

Then who in the Bible or Torah were the 5 Golden Rings?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 2:58:12 PM1/18/22
Half the birds need to be male to fertilize the bird eggs.

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 6:11:16 PM1/18/22
In article <e4a46817-31cb-4413...@googlegroups.com>,
The 5 Golden Rings are a refernce to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus
and Deuteronomy!

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 6:13:53 PM1/18/22
In article <54794f5d-b93c-4bb5...@googlegroups.com>,
Good point.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 6:15:46 PM1/18/22
2121 On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 3:11:16 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <e4a46817-31cb-4413...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >2106 On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 8:03:26 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> An analogy.
> >
> >Then who in the Bible or Torah were the 5 Golden Rings?
> The 5 Golden Rings are a refernce to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus
> and Deuteronomy!

I only count 4 names!

The Doctor

Jan 18, 2022, 6:29:12 PM1/18/22