Re-using names ....

Daniel65

Oct 15, 2021, 6:27:29 AM10/15/21
Yesterday Our ABC replayed " in Silver" and, at one stage, the
soldiers are searching throughout the Amusement Park for the Cybermen
when one of the other soldier characters radio's *Missy* (a Soldier) and
*Missy* answers ....

Part Quote from http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/33-13.htm

[Cyberlab]

C-DOCTOR: You can't win.
DOCTOR: Try me.
C-DOCTOR: You understand, when I do win, the Cyberiad gets your brains
and memories. All of it.
DOCTOR: When I win, you get out of my head, you let the children go, and
nobody dies. You got that? Nobody dies!

[Power station]

BRAINS [on radio]: Castle's clear. Missy, confirm status.
*MISSY* : All clear in the power station.
(Thud!)
*MISSY* : It's Missy. Something's out there.
BRAINS [on radio]: What do you mean? Is it the Cyberman?
*MISSY* : I don't know. I couldn't see it. It was only for a moment. Can
I hide? Is it okay if I hide?
(The Cyberman stomps in.)
*MISSY* : Don't move! I'm in the army!
(It advances, she runs and hides amongst some scaffolding poles. It
walks past and she breathes out. It stops, turns, and drops a hand.
Cyber-Thing scuttles across the ground and leaps onto her face.)

[Castle]

BRAINS: Er, ma'am. *Missy* said she saw something, and then she went quiet.
CLARA: It's on its way, then. Weapons. Show me. Only one gun?
CAPTAIN: Cybermen have been extinct for a thousand years. Even one
Anti-Cyber gun is a miracle. These things are hand-pulsers. Touch the
back of a Cyberman's head, the electomagnetic pulse deactivates it.
CLARA: What's this for? Just a mad guess here, it blows up the planet?
CAPTAIN: Implodes it. There's also a trigger unit.
CLARA: I'll have that, then. Is there any other way to activate the bomb?
CAPTAIN: It's set to respond to my voice. I have the verbal code.
CLARA: You will not activate it without a direct order from me.
CAPTAIN: I will follow my orders.
CLARA: Your orders come from me, don't they?
BRAINS: You'll need to sign for that trigger unit, ma'am.
CLARA: Thanks.
(Porridge picks up a hand-pulser.)
PORRIDGE: Mind if I take one of these? Might be handy.
CAPTAIN: Help yourself. I'll teach you how to use it. Upstairs. Now!
End Quote

Is this the first time a distinctive character name has been re-used (or
pre-used) in Doctor Who??
--
Daniel

solar penguin

Oct 15, 2021, 7:56:24 AM10/15/21
Daniel declared:

> Yesterday Our ABC replayed " in Silver" and, at one stage, the
> soldiers are searching throughout the Amusement Park for the Cybermen
> when one of the other soldier characters radio's *Missy* (a Soldier) and
> *Missy* answers ....

(* snip transcript *)

> Is this the first time a distinctive character name has been re-used (or
> pre-used) in Doctor Who??

Missy has form for this. Her alter ego, the Master, re-used
his name from a character in The Mind Robber. (And his
alias Mr Saxon was re-used from an earlier RTD series,
The Grand, but that probably doesn’t count.)

--
solar penguin

Daniel65

Oct 15, 2021, 8:52:13 AM10/15/21
solar penguin wrote on 15/10/21 10:56 pm:
Ah!! So they're all cases of The Master getting in under our guards, is it??
--
Daniel

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 8:52:25 AM10/15/21
2 Jennys (The Doctor's Daughter, The Snowmen et al).

> --
> solar penguin

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 9:07:22 AM10/15/21
The name "Doctor" has been used for at least 15 "characters"!

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:28:14 AM10/15/21
In article <skbl2f$38a$1...@dont-email.me>,
Maybe. There could be earlier mentions.
Alberta on 18 Oct vote no to the referenda and stop the UCP/CPC and NDP municipally! Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:32:52 AM10/15/21
In article <skbq97$7ga$1...@dont-email.me>,
That works!!

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:36:47 AM10/15/21
In article <skbthr$9d2$6...@dont-email.me>,
ACC SP, yes!

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:36:59 AM10/15/21
In article <d517fffb-6147-491f...@googlegroups.com>,
Maybe.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:39:32 AM10/15/21
In article <1ee0bb10-15ff-4b23...@googlegroups.com>,
Which characters?

solar penguin

Oct 15, 2021, 9:45:27 AM10/15/21
The Idiot inquired:

> In article <1ee0bb10-15ff-4b23...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The name "Doctor" has been used for at least 15 "characters"!
>
> Which characters?

The Fugitive Doctor, the First Doctor, the Second Doctor,
the Third Doctor, the Fourth Doctor, the Fifth Doctor, the
Sixth Doctor, the Seventh Doctor, the Eighth Doctor, the
War Doctor, the Ninth Doctor, the Tenth Doctor, the Eleventh
Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, the Thirteenth Doctor.

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:49:31 AM10/15/21
In article <skc0ll$2tv$1...@dont-email.me>,
Let Tim find his own answers.

The Last Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 9:59:52 AM10/15/21
And the Next Doctor. Jackson Lake wasn’t the Doctor - but he was CALLED the
Doctor. (A bit like Dave wishes he was, but with brain cells.)

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 10:02:18 AM10/15/21
1944 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 6:59:52 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Idiot inquired:

> >> Which characters?
> >
> > The Fugitive Doctor, the First Doctor, the Second Doctor,
> > the Third Doctor, the Fourth Doctor, the Fifth Doctor, the
> > Sixth Doctor, the Seventh Doctor, the Eighth Doctor, the
> > War Doctor, the Ninth Doctor, the Tenth Doctor, the Eleventh
> > Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, the Thirteenth Doctor.
> >
> And the Next Doctor. Jackson Lake wasn’t the Doctor - but he was CALLED the
> Doctor. (A bit like Dave wishes he was, but with brain cells.)

Doctor Martha Jones.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 10:16:25 AM10/15/21
Jack Harkness and Jack Robinson.

The Last Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 11:33:39 AM10/15/21
That’s not “The Doctor” though.

The Last Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 11:33:40 AM10/15/21
And now what are you doing? Those definitely aren’t the Doctor. “Jack”
isn’t a particularly distinctive name, either.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 12:56:47 PM10/15/21
1954 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 8:33:40 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1950 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 7:02:18 AM UTC-7, tsbru...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Doctor Martha Jones.
> >
> > Jack Harkness and Jack Robinson.
> >
> And now what are you doing? Those definitely aren’t the Doctor. “Jack”
> isn’t a particularly distinctive name, either.

Jack an example of a reused name, and the thread title doesn't specify that the name must be unusual.

The Last Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 2:31:08 PM10/15/21
The first post did though. The question posed was “Is this the first time a
distinctive character name has been re-used (or pre-used) in Doctor Who??”

A thread listing everyone whose name is “John” might be interesting to you,
Tim. It’s not, to the rest of the world.

solar penguin

Oct 15, 2021, 4:40:37 PM10/15/21
Tim typed...

> Jack Harkness and Jack Robinson.

What about Captain Jack Harkness and Captain Jack Harkness
in an episode called Captain Jack Harkness? That has to
take the prize for reused names!

--
solar penguin

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 6:36:06 PM10/15/21
I have seen 2 Pete Tylers, 2 Jackie Tylers, and 2 Rose Tylers ((one a dog). How many K-9s have there been?

> --
> solar penguin

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 6:40:01 PM10/15/21
On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 6:59:52 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Idiot inquired:

> >> Which characters?
> >
> > The Fugitive Doctor, the First Doctor, the Second Doctor,
> > the Third Doctor, the Fourth Doctor, the Fifth Doctor, the
> > Sixth Doctor, the Seventh Doctor, the Eighth Doctor, the
> > War Doctor, the Ninth Doctor, the Tenth Doctor, the Eleventh
> > Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, the Thirteenth Doctor.
> >
> And the Next Doctor. Jackson Lake wasn’t the Doctor - but he was CALLED the
> Doctor. (A bit like Dave wishes he was, but with brain cells.)

The Meta-Crisis Hand Doctor and the Doctor-Donna (Journey's End).

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:11:53 PM10/15/21
In article <skc1gm$j7e$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Idiot inquired:

>>> Which characters?
>>
>> The Fugitive Doctor, the First Doctor, the Second Doctor,
>> the Third Doctor, the Fourth Doctor, the Fifth Doctor, the
>> Sixth Doctor, the Seventh Doctor, the Eighth Doctor, the
>> War Doctor, the Ninth Doctor, the Tenth Doctor, the Eleventh
>> Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, the Thirteenth Doctor.
>>

>And the Next Doctor. Jackson Lake wasn’t the Doctor - but he was CALLED the
>Doctor. (A bit like Dave wishes he was, but with brain cells.)

Do you suffer from concussions MM?

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:15:05 PM10/15/21
In article <3093a830-f495-405e...@googlegroups.com>,
Touche!

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:18:38 PM10/15/21
In article <2c2dfe0e-6791-4ed2...@googlegroups.com>,
Donkeys!

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:19:13 PM10/15/21
In article <skc70h$vvl$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1944 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 6:59:52 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:

>>> And the Next Doctor. Jackson Lake wasn’t the Doctor - but he was
>CALLED the
>>> Doctor. (A bit like Dave wishes he was, but with brain cells.)
>>
>> Doctor Martha Jones.
>>

>That’s not “The Doctor” though.

LOL!

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:19:30 PM10/15/21
In article <skc70i$vvl$2...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1950 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 7:02:18 AM UTC-7,
>tsbru...@gmail.com wrote:

>CALLED the
>>> Doctor Martha Jones.
>>
>> Jack Harkness and Jack Robinson.
>>

>And now what are you doing? Those definitely aren’t the Doctor. “Jack”
>isn’t a particularly distinctive name, either.

Mike gets jacked.

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:19:49 PM10/15/21
In article <196a8f94-74f7-4598...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim is a reused salesman.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:36:02 PM10/15/21
In article <skchda$e92$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
If Tim can get such a concept.

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:36:45 PM10/15/21
In article <skcp03$23c$1...@dont-email.me>,
Good one from TW!

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:38:49 PM10/15/21
In article <bab12cda-dd4e-4c6c...@googlegroups.com>,
3 versions.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:39:36 PM10/15/21
In article <c121a7e6-0a38-4ad0...@googlegroups.com>,
And that works.

The Last Doctor

Oct 15, 2021, 7:45:32 PM10/15/21
The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <bab12cda-dd4e-4c6c...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1986 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 1:40:37 PM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
>>> Tim typed...

>>> What about Captain Jack Harkness and Captain Jack Harkness
>>> in an episode called Captain Jack Harkness? That has to
>>> take the prize for reused names!
>>
>> I have seen 2 Pete Tylers, 2 Jackie Tylers, and 2 Rose Tylers ((one a
>> dog). How many K-9s have there been?
>
> 3 versions.

Four so far. MK I stayed with Leela, MK II stayed with Romana, MK III was
given to Sarah Jane Smith c.1980 and destroyed in School Reunion. The
Doctor then sourced MK IV for her and that’s the one seen in the SJA and
newer DW.

Daniel65

Oct 16, 2021, 5:26:10 AM10/16/21
tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 15/10/21 11:52 pm:
> On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 4:56:24 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
>> Daniel declared:
>>> Yesterday Our ABC replayed " in Silver" and, at one stage, the
>>> soldiers are searching throughout the Amusement Park for the Cybermen
>>> when one of the other soldier characters radio's *Missy* (a Soldier) and
>>> *Missy* answers ....
>>>
>> (* snip transcript *)
>>>
>>> Is this the first time a distinctive character name has been re-used (or
>>> pre-used) in Doctor Who??
>> Missy has form for this. Her alter ego, the Master, re-used
>> his name from a character in The Mind Robber. (And his
>> alias Mr Saxon was re-used from an earlier RTD series,
>> The Grand, but that probably doesn’t count.)
>
> 2 Jennys (The Doctor's Daughter, The Snowmen et al).

Ah!! Yes, the girl/partner/wife of the Reptilian lady is 'Jenny'
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Oct 16, 2021, 5:30:43 AM10/16/21
The Last Doctor wrote on 16/10/21 2:33 am:
> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1950 On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 7:02:18 AM UTC-7, tsbru...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Doctor Martha Jones.
>>
>> Jack Harkness and Jack Robinson.
>
> And now what are you doing? Those definitely aren’t the Doctor. “Jack”
> isn’t a particularly distinctive name, either.

And Jack Harkness progresses into 'Boo', who's face we see again!!
--
Daniel

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2021, 5:59:14 AM10/16/21
JH becomes Halloween?
> --
> Daniel

Daniel65

Oct 16, 2021, 9:17:12 AM10/16/21
tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 16/10/21 8:59 pm:
"The Face of Boo", Tim.
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2021, 9:31:52 AM10/16/21
In article <ske5rg$j3s$2...@dont-email.me>,
You now recall.

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2021, 9:32:09 AM10/16/21
In article <ske641$j3s$3...@dont-email.me>,
Boe not Boo.

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2021, 9:33:03 AM10/16/21

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2021, 9:50:17 AM10/16/21
In article <skejcm$8cc$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Face of Boe - Daniel!!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2021, 11:51:28 AM10/16/21
I have a ghost face?
> >--
> >Daniel
> The Face of Boe - Daniel!!

Daniel has the same face as Boe?

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2021, 6:25:55 PM10/16/21

Daniel65

Oct 18, 2021, 5:40:24 AM10/18/21
The Doctor wrote on 16/10/21 10:11 am:
> In article <skc1gm$j7e$1...@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Idiot inquired:

>>> The Fugitive Doctor, the First Doctor, the Second Doctor,
>>> the Third Doctor, the Fourth Doctor, the Fifth Doctor, the
>>> Sixth Doctor, the Seventh Doctor, the Eighth Doctor, the
>>> War Doctor, the Ninth Doctor, the Tenth Doctor, the Eleventh
>>> Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, the Thirteenth Doctor.
>>
>> And the Next Doctor. Jackson Lake wasn’t the Doctor - but he was CALLED the
>> Doctor. (A bit like Dave wishes he was, but with brain cells.)
>
> Do you suffer from concussions MM?

How does one suffer from "concussions"?? (i.e. multiple!!)

Hitting your head really hard against a wall many times, maybe?? In that
case, the idiot would be a real 'Subject Matter Expert"!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Oct 18, 2021, 5:41:52 AM10/18/21
The Doctor wrote on 16/10/21 12:28 am:
> In article <skbl2f$38a$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> Yesterday Our ABC replayed " in Silver" and, at one stage, the
>> soldiers are searching throughout the Amusement Park for the Cybermen
>> when one of the other soldier characters radio's *Missy* (a Soldier) and
>> *Missy* answers ....
>>
>> Part Quote from http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/33-13.htm
>>
>> [Cyberlab]
>>
>> C-DOCTOR: You can't win.
>> DOCTOR: Try me.
>> C-DOCTOR: You understand, when I do win, the Cyberiad gets your brains
>> and memories. All of it.
>> DOCTOR: When I win, you get out of my head, you let the children go, and
>> nobody dies. You got that? Nobody dies!
>>
>> [Power station]
>>
>> BRAINS [on radio]: Castle's clear. Missy, confirm status.
>> *MISSY* : All clear in the power station.
>> (Thud!)
>> *MISSY* : It's Missy. Something's out there.
>> BRAINS [on radio]: What do you mean? Is it the Cyberman?
>> *MISSY* : I don't know. I couldn't see it. It was only for a moment. Can
>> I hide? Is it okay if I hide?
>> (The Cyberman stomps in.)
>> *MISSY* : Don't move! I'm in the army!
>> (It advances, she runs and hides amongst some scaffolding poles. It
>> walks past and she breathes out. It stops, turns, and drops a hand.
>> Cyber-Thing scuttles across the ground and leaps onto her face.)
>>
>> [Castle]
>>
>> BRAINS: Er, ma'am. *Missy* said she saw something, and then she went quiet.
>> CLARA: It's on its way, then. Weapons. Show me. Only one gun?
>> CAPTAIN: Cybermen have been extinct for a thousand years. Even one
>> Anti-Cyber gun is a miracle. These things are hand-pulsers. Touch the
>> back of a Cyberman's head, the electomagnetic pulse deactivates it.
>> CLARA: What's this for? Just a mad guess here, it blows up the planet?
>> CAPTAIN: Implodes it. There's also a trigger unit.
>> CLARA: I'll have that, then. Is there any other way to activate the bomb?
>> CAPTAIN: It's set to respond to my voice. I have the verbal code.
>> CLARA: You will not activate it without a direct order from me.
>> CAPTAIN: I will follow my orders.
>> CLARA: Your orders come from me, don't they?
>> BRAINS: You'll need to sign for that trigger unit, ma'am.
>> CLARA: Thanks.
>> (Porridge picks up a hand-pulser.)
>> PORRIDGE: Mind if I take one of these? Might be handy.
>> CAPTAIN: Help yourself. I'll teach you how to use it. Upstairs. Now!
>> End Quote
>>
>> Is this the first time a distinctive character name has been re-used (or
>> pre-used) in Doctor Who??
>
> Maybe. There could be earlier mentions.

Ah!! Good! A really useful reply from the "Doctor Who Subject Matter
Expert" .... *NOT* !
--
Daniel

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2021, 6:16:59 AM10/18/21
Being hit on the head by football players or boxers.

Daniel65

Oct 18, 2021, 7:45:31 AM10/18/21
tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 18/10/21 9:16 pm:
Boxers, I don't know about but would expect so!

As for Football players (both NFL and Aussie Rules), if they are
determined to have suffered a concussion, they are usually banned from
playing again for a couple of weeks or more.

Indeed, it is also causing concern in the 'Gentleman's Game' of Cricket ....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-14/cricket-will-pucovski-suffers-another-concussion-ahead-of-ashes/100540450
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2021, 9:55:23 AM10/18/21
That's only in the past few years in the NFL. There was a lot of foot dragging on that issue!

> Indeed, it is also causing concern in the 'Gentleman's Game' of Cricket ....
>
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-14/cricket-will-pucovski-suffers-another-concussion-ahead-of-ashes/100540450

Why aren't concussions an issue in soccer? I have often seen soccer players get hit on the head by soccer balls.... on purpose!

The Doctor

Oct 18, 2021, 10:35:05 AM10/18/21
In article <skjfe5$j08$1...@dont-email.me>,
Yes, MM must have attend to many Church of Chibnall sermons.
That would do it!
Alberta on 18 Oct vote ! Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Oct 18, 2021, 10:35:40 AM10/18/21
In article <skjfgu$j08$2...@dont-email.me>,
Like what Tim was showing?

The Doctor

Oct 18, 2021, 10:43:00 AM10/18/21
In article <5c52f908-cc87-49c9...@googlegroups.com>,
Hit by Chibnall's Timeless Child manifesto.

The Doctor

Oct 18, 2021, 10:51:43 AM10/18/21
In article <skjmop$the$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ever seen a cricket ball hit someone face?

The Doctor

Oct 18, 2021, 10:55:45 AM10/18/21
In article <90a7e636-b939-44ed...@googlegroups.com>,
They are Tim!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 3:17:01 AM10/19/21
The Rani: Doctor Who. Rani: Sarah Jane Adventures.

Daniel65

Oct 19, 2021, 4:50:33 AM10/19/21
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 19/10/21 12:55 am:
> 2360 2361 2362 2363 On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 4:45:31 AM UTC-7,
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 18/10/21 9:16 pm:
>>> 2348 On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 2:40:24 AM UTC-7, Daniel65
>>> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Being hit on the head by football players or boxers.
>>>
>> Boxers, I don't know about but would expect so!
>>
>> As for Football players (both NFL and Aussie Rules), if they are
>> determined to have suffered a concussion, they are usually banned
>> from playing again for a couple of weeks or more.
>
> That's only in the past few years in the NFL. There was a lot of
> foot dragging on that issue!

Sure was!

>> Indeed, it is also causing concern in the 'Gentleman's Game' of
>> Cricket ....
>>
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-14/cricket-will-pucovski-suffers-another-concussion-ahead-of-ashes/100540450
>
> Why aren't concussions an issue in soccer? I have often seen soccer
> players get hit on the head by soccer balls.... on purpose!

I've wondered this for a long time, Tim.
--
Daniel

The Last Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 6:59:46 AM10/19/21
It is an issue. It's just taking a long time to gather evidence and
raise awareness - sports figures used to die of other things long before
cognitive decline and dementia were evident ...

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/48/2/159

And substitutions for immediate concussion are allowed at all times now,
due to recognition of the issue.

https://www.thefa.com/get-involved/fa-concussion-guidelines-if-in-doubt-sit-them-out

The Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 9:23:31 AM10/19/21
In article <0ac1cad1-6c8c-4eec...@googlegroups.com>,
Rani as in a name of an East indian girl.

The Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 9:42:17 AM10/19/21
In article <skm0sn$ga9$1...@dont-email.me>,
There are studies.

The Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 9:43:08 AM10/19/21
In article <skm8f0$n8d$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
There are hero and villains.

>--
>There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
>things. Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 10:55:00 AM10/19/21
About what?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 11:02:45 AM10/19/21
Why no mention in the Mass Media? (Thge lack of mention in the Mass Media led me to assume that soccer concussions weren't an issue!).

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 3:16:48 PM10/19/21
The soccer players are me???????? Did the Master activate a weird medical machine again?

The Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 6:12:46 PM10/19/21
In article <67a483be-3180-4eba...@googlegroups.com>,
Concussions in all sports.

The Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 6:13:29 PM10/19/21
In article <ed6afbc3-225b-4494...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim, how dense are you?

The Doctor

Oct 19, 2021, 6:17:11 PM10/19/21
In article <ab4faa4b-95ce-4702...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim, you are dense when it comes to the real world.

Daniel65

Oct 20, 2021, 4:46:38 AM10/20/21
Hmm! "Pot" ... "Kettle" ... "Black" springs to mind!!

--
Daniel

Daniel65

Oct 20, 2021, 4:50:41 AM10/20/21
But was it the same East Indian character in both 'Doctor Who' and
'Sarah Jane Adventures', idiot??
--
Daniel

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 6:32:33 AM10/20/21
Of the soccer players, you typed "They are Tim!".

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 6:35:19 AM10/20/21
Have you been seeing soccer concussion reports in the ass Media?

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:36:58 AM10/20/21
In article <skol1c$1pp$4...@dont-email.me>,
Too bad TTD is not around lately.

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:37:29 AM10/20/21
In article <skol8v$1pp$5...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of idiot comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm

DOCTOR: Yes. Most enlightening.
PANNA: What's he babbling about? No male can open the Box of Jhana without
being driven out of his mind. It is well known. Unless. Is he an idiot?
KARUNA: Are you an idiot?
DOCTOR: Well, I suppose I must be. I have been called one many

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:40:36 AM10/20/21
In article <b2ce5254-bb8a-453a...@googlegroups.com>,
Are you aware of concussion studies in all sports?

solar penguin

Oct 20, 2021, 10:41:13 AM10/20/21
The Idiot insisted:

> Too bad TTD is not around lately.

Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he
even makes you look sane next to him?

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:41:27 AM10/20/21
In article <029c00fb-ab98-44c9...@googlegroups.com>,
^^^

The answer is yes. Do you have sports cable station?

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:58:32 AM10/20/21
In article <skp9q7$jmt$1...@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>The Idiot insisted:
>

>> Too bad TTD is not around lately.
>
>Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he
>even makes you look sane next to him?

TTD is very sane.

>--
>solar penguin

solar penguin

Oct 20, 2021, 11:10:35 AM10/20/21
The Idiot incredibly insisted:

> In article <skp9q7$jmt$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Idiot insisted:
>>

>>> Too bad TTD is not around lately.
>>
>> Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he
>> even makes you look sane next to him?
>>

> TTD is very sane.

If you’re going tell lies, at least try to make them sound
believable.

--
solar penguin

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 11:15:42 AM10/20/21
2605 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <skp9q7$jmt$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The Idiot insisted:
> >

> >> Too bad TTD is not around lately.
> >
> >Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he
> >even makes you look sane next to him?
> >
> TTD is very sane.

Is he a very stable genius?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 3:05:25 PM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <skp9q7$jmt$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The Idiot insisted:
> >

> >> Too bad TTD is not around lately.
> >
> >Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he
> >even makes you look sane next to him?
> >
> TTD is very sane.

Can he alone fix Doctor Who?

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 5:27:36 PM10/20/21
In article <skpbh9$bb$1...@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>The Idiot incredibly insisted:
>
>> In article <skp9q7$jmt$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Idiot insisted:

>>> Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he
>>> even makes you look sane next to him?
>>>

>> TTD is very sane.
>>

>If you’re going tell lies, at least try to make them sound
>believable.

Are you saying TTD is as sane as you?

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 5:28:19 PM10/20/21
In article <cc7e05f2-57a8-4e7d...@googlegroups.com>,
I say yes.

He is your friend on Facebook.

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 5:37:45 PM10/20/21
In article <e0e9596e-6b8c-4c7b...@googlegroups.com>,
IT takes a team!

Daniel65

Oct 22, 2021, 4:37:12 AM10/22/21
solar penguin wrote on 21/10/21 1:41 am:
> The Idiot insisted:
>

>> Too bad TTD is not around lately.
>
> Why? Do you miss having someone who’s so crazy he even makes you look sane next to him?

"he even makes you look sane" .... let's not get too silly, Solar
Penguin!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Oct 22, 2021, 4:40:42 AM10/22/21
The Doctor wrote on 21/10/21 1:37 am:
> Dan's definition of idiot comes from
> http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm

Failure to answer question asked, noted!
--
Daniel

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2021, 6:32:37 AM10/22/21
2887 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 2:37:45 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <e0e9596e-6b8c-4c7b...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> TTD is very sane.
> >
> >Can he alone fix Doctor Who?
> IT takes a team!

Trump seems to think the he alone can fix the US.

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2021, 10:14:13 AM10/22/21
In article <sktt7m$o7i$2...@dont-email.me>,
SP is under attack.
We cannot understand what we choose not to. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2021, 10:14:38 AM10/22/21
In article <sktte8$o7i$3...@dont-email.me>,
In Journey's End?

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2021, 10:22:01 AM10/22/21
In article <63af72f7-8eb2-4ff4...@googlegroups.com>,
And his cabinet?

Daniel65

Oct 23, 2021, 8:21:18 AM10/23/21
The Doctor wrote on 23/10/21 1:14 am:
> In article <sktte8$o7i$3...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 21/10/21 1:37 am:

<Snip>

>>> Dan's definition of idiot comes from
>>> http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm
>>
>> Failure to answer question asked, noted!
>
> In Journey's End?

WHAT?? Can't YOU, idiot, even see the question I am still awaiting your
answer to, idiot, just a mere four iterations up, idiot??

But was it the same East Indian character in both 'Doctor Who' and
'Sarah Jane Adventures', idiot??
--
Daniel

The Last Doctor

Oct 23, 2021, 8:54:14 AM10/23/21
On 20/10/2021 15:37, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <skol8v$1pp$5...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 20/10/2021 12:23 am:
>>> In article <0ac1cad1-6c8c-4eec...@googlegroups.com>,

>>> Rani as in a name of an East indian girl.
>>>
>> But was it the same East Indian character in both 'Doctor Who' and
>> 'Sarah Jane Adventures', idiot??
>> --
>> Daniel
>
> Dan's definition of idiot comes from
> http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm
>

> DOCTOR: Yes. Most enlightening.
> PANNA: What's he babbling about? No male can open the Box of Jhana without
> being driven out of his mind. It is well known. Unless. Is he an idiot?
> KARUNA: Are you an idiot?
> DOCTOR: Well, I suppose I must be. I have been called one many times.

No, Dave. That scene clearly refers to the Doctor. The Doctor is
intelligent. Therefore, that "definition" cannot have anything to do
with you.

When anyone calls YOU an idiot, they do not think you are the Doctor.
You may be the most opposite character to the Doctor there could be.
They do not think you are intelligent. They think you are an actual,
stupid, ignorant idiot. And they think that because they can read what
you write, and that is what is proved by what you write.

Hope that helps.

--
There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
things. Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 23, 2021, 10:06:03 AM10/23/21
In article <sl0uns$gji$1...@dont-email.me>,
Do you recall Journey's End?

The Doctor

Oct 23, 2021, 10:07:45 AM10/23/21
In article <sl10lk$sso$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
You are never helpful MM!

>--
>There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
>things. Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Last Doctor

Oct 24, 2021, 7:39:27 AM10/24/21
If you stopped posting pointless gibberish, or even better stopped
posting using the most inappropriate, dishonest pseudonym on UseNet,
that would be helpful.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2021, 8:09:07 AM10/24/21
> Is this the first time a distinctive character name has been re-used (or
> pre-used) in Doctor Who??

I don't know, but here's another example: Meddling Monk (The Time Meddler) vs The Monks (Extremis, The Pyramid at the end of the World, The Lie of the Land).

The Doctor

Oct 24, 2021, 8:38:21 AM10/24/21
In article <sl3gle$747$2...@dont-email.me>,
Still spinning MM!

>--
>There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
>things. Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 24, 2021, 8:42:16 AM10/24/21
In article <b489eb3f-3697-444c...@googlegroups.com>,
The Who?

Daniel65

Oct 25, 2021, 3:06:10 AM10/25/21
The Doctor wrote on 24/10/21 1:06 am:
> Do you recall Journey's End?

Stupid Question, idiot!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Oct 25, 2021, 3:09:23 AM10/25/21
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 24/10/21 11:09 pm:
They are 'similar' names, Tim, not re-use of the same name!
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Oct 25, 2021, 9:18:26 AM10/25/21
In article <sl5l0v$gu2$2...@dont-email.me>,
Just answer Dannyboy!

Still

Dan's definition of idiot comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm

DOCTOR: Yes. Most enlightening.
PANNA: What's he babbling about? No male can open the Box of Jhana without
being driven out of his mind. It is well known. Unless. Is he an idiot?
KARUNA: Are you an idiot?
DOCTOR: Well, I suppose I must be. I have been called one many

So get yourself otu of chronic hysteretic mode Dannyboy!
Suspect the facts that you agree with. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Oct 25, 2021, 9:18:49 AM10/25/21
In article <sl5l71$gu2$3...@dont-email.me>,