Totally Bizarre: The 10th Doctor Returning As Doctor 14?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2022, 3:45:30 AM1/25/22
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/david-tennant-14th-doctor-who/ There are rumors that David Tennant is returning as the 14th Doctor for 3 specials next year! This would be the first retrogeneration ever on TV!

The Doctor

Jan 25, 2022, 10:25:50 AM1/25/22
In article <87128c98-0653-4a7b...@googlegroups.com>,
Interesting.
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

The Other Doctor

Jan 25, 2022, 6:43:31 PM1/25/22

"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
> In article <87128c98-0653-4a7b...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/david-tennant-14th-doctor-who/
>>There are rumors that David Tennant is returning as the 14th Doctor for
>>3 specials next year! This would be the first retrogeneration ever on
>>TV!
>
> Interesting.

Dave - you're a fucking idiot. There are no rumours that David Tennant is
returning as the 14th Doctor. It's one fan's speculation. The article states
this. And it's just as likely as seeing Donald Trump being cast as the next
Doctor.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2022, 7:32:10 PM1/25/22
Making Trump the Doctor was one of my favorite ideas! The moment I heard about Trump running for President, I wanted him to merge with the Doctor to become the Doctor-Donald, which would alliterate with the Doctor -Donna. The Doctor-Donald would rule the most powerful nation in the world by day, them roam the universe on the TARDIS at night!

The Doctor

Jan 25, 2022, 8:34:11 PM1/25/22
In article <ssq1v1$m0r$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Other Doctor <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
>> In article <87128c98-0653-4a7b...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/david-tennant-14th-doctor-who/
>>>There are rumors that David Tennant is returning as the 14th Doctor for
>>>3 specials next year! This would be the first retrogeneration ever on
>>>TV!
>>
>> Interesting.
>
>Dave - you're a idiot. There are no rumours that David Tennant is
>returning as the 14th Doctor. It's one fan's speculation. The article states
>this. And it's just as likely as seeing Donald Trump being cast as the next
>Doctor.

Which rock have you been hiding under SW?

The Doctor

Jan 25, 2022, 8:38:19 PM1/25/22
In article <aa15590c-4c10-47ff...@googlegroups.com>,
tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>2968 On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 3:43:31 PM UTC-8, The Other Doctor wrote:
>> Dave - you're a idiot. There are no rumours that David Tennant is
>> returning as the 14th Doctor. It's one fan's speculation. The article states
>> this. And it's just as likely as seeing Donald Trump being cast as the next
>> Doctor.
>
>Making Trump the Doctor was one of my favorite ideas! The moment I
>heard about Trump running for President, I wanted him to merge with the
>Doctor to become the Doctor-Donald, which would alliterate with the
>Doctor -Donna. The Doctor-Donald would rule the most powerful nation in
>the world by day, them roam the universe on the TARDIS at night!

2 of the unholy trinity of radw thus communed
making rec.arts.drwho into hell!

Daniel65

Jan 26, 2022, 6:05:29 AM1/26/22
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 26/1/22 11:32 am:
Hey, Tim, maybe we could end up with the "Doctor DONna Trump"!! ;-P
--
Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 9:07:14 AM1/26/22
The Doctor wearing Trump?

The Doctor

Jan 26, 2022, 10:23:07 AM1/26/22
In article <ssr9tm$8cs$5...@dont-email.me>,
OOF!

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 26, 2022, 10:25:22 AM1/26/22
In article <493d3c7b-0f11-4d07...@googlegroups.com>,
No you dunce!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 1:00:25 PM1/26/22
How about a Slitheen wearing Trump (who is fat enough).

The Doctor

Jan 26, 2022, 4:48:15 PM1/26/22

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 10:43:55 PM1/26/22
O!.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 11:02:17 PM1/26/22
P!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 11:06:50 PM1/26/22
Q!

Your Name

Jan 27, 2022, 12:44:11 AM1/27/22
Next year, 2023, is the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who (are you feeling
old yet?), so it's most likely that some idiot got confused and the
reality is that David Tennant, the actor, will be appearing in the
celebration specials - behind-the-scenes documentaries, rather than
actual series episodes - discussing his time on the show as well being
a fan before that.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 2:26:20 AM1/27/22
So a game of cell phone.

Daniel65

Jan 27, 2022, 5:24:12 AM1/27/22
tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 27/1/22 6:26 pm:
WHAT???
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 8:40:13 AM1/27/22
In article <d5ccce65-7578-48e5...@googlegroups.com>,
Thank you! Forgot the O!

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 8:50:46 AM1/27/22
In article <89942071-fced-4ddc...@googlegroups.com>,
P for Pence?

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 8:50:59 AM1/27/22
In article <eb897bb3-9be7-4832...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim did you not read the stats from 2021?

You need a 2022 resolution to stop junking up rec.arts.drwho!

It is not freedom of speech! It is junking contentlessness on rec.arts.drwho!

Tim Bruening is doing a Donald Trump on rec.arts.drwho!

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 8:54:35 AM1/27/22
In article <sstbf8$1447$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Idiot is correct.

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 8:56:08 AM1/27/22
In article <a0a2574b-c2d2-4d1b...@googlegroups.com>,
Can you install it on your phone?

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 9:19:36 AM1/27/22
In article <sstrsa$rm1$3...@dont-email.me>,
How old is your phone?

>--
>Daniel

Your Name

Jan 27, 2022, 2:34:43 PM1/27/22
My guess is that it is just an updated name for the kids' game
"Telephone", also known as "Chinese Whispers" (which the 'Politically
Correct' nutters will complain about) in countries that use proper
English language, where a message is passed along a chain of people one
at a time, and the result at the end of the chain is completely
different to the one that was used at the start.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers>

Blueshirt

Jan 27, 2022, 5:50:34 PM1/27/22
Yeah, David Tennant is almost certainly going to be in the Doctor Who
60th anniversary episode ... although my money would be on him
appearing in it as the 10th Doctor and not the 14th Doctor.

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 7:56:19 PM1/27/22
In article <xn0nddro0...@nntp.aioe.org>,
What are your odds?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 9:39:47 PM1/27/22
I assumed that the Radio Times would not publish a story based on one fan's idle speculation. I assumed that the Radio Times would want multiple sources.

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 10:53:31 PM1/27/22
In article <4ec6acfc-d59e-4a1a...@googlegroups.com>,
tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>3193 On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 3:43:31 PM UTC-8, The Other Doctor wrote:
>> Dave - you're a idiot. There are no rumours that David Tennant is
>> returning as the 14th Doctor. It's one fan's speculation. The article states
>> this. And it's just as likely as seeing Donald Trump being cast as the next
>> Doctor.
>
>I assumed that the Radio Times would not publish a story based on one
>fan's idle speculation. I assumed that the Radio Times would want
>multiple sources.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 11:05:08 PM1/27/22
3207 3208 3209 On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 7:53:31 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <4ec6acfc-d59e-4a1a...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >3193 On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 3:43:31 PM UTC-8, The Other Doctor wrote:
> >> Dave - you're a idiot. There are no rumours that David Tennant is
> >> returning as the 14th Doctor. It's one fan's speculation. The article states
> >> this. And it's just as likely as seeing Donald Trump being cast as the next
> >> Doctor.
> >
> >I assumed that the Radio Times would not publish a story based on one
> >fan's idle speculation. I assumed that the Radio Times would want
> >multiple sources.

Yes?

The Doctor

Jan 27, 2022, 11:56:16 PM1/27/22
In article <9f80aa47-dd5b-4b83...@googlegroups.com>,
tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In article <4ec6acfc-d59e-4a1a...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >I assumed that the Radio Times would not publish a story based on one
>> >fan's idle speculation. I assumed that the Radio Times would want
>> >multiple sources.
>
>Yes?

Must you talk to yourself?

Daniel65

Jan 28, 2022, 4:29:00 AM1/28/22
The Doctor wrote on 28/1/22 12:50 am:
> In article <eb897bb3-9be7-4832...@googlegroups.com>,

<Snip>

> Tim did you not read the stats from 2021?

WHAT?? Do YOU, clown, mean the stats that show YOU, clown, were the
greatest SPAMmer hereabouts for 2021 ... and 2020 ... and 2019 ... and .
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Jan 28, 2022, 4:40:08 AM1/28/22
The Doctor wrote on 28/1/22 3:56 pm:
> In article <9f80aa47-dd5b-4b83...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yes?
>
> Must you talk to yourself?

Well, clown, Tim was actually replying to a wordless (for a pleasant
change) YOU, clown!!

So YOUR fault, clown! .... but anything to get the precious post count
up, ah, clown!!
--
Daniel

Blueshirt

Jan 28, 2022, 6:28:59 AM1/28/22
On 28/01/2022 00:56, The Doctor wrote:
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> Your Name wrote:
>>> Next year, 2023, is the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who (are you
>>> feeling old yet?), so it's most likely that some idiot got confused
>>> and the reality is that David Tennant, the actor, will be appearing
>>> in the celebration specials - behind-the-scenes documentaries,
>>> rather than actual series episodes - discussing his time on the
>>> show as well being a fan before that.
>>
>> Yeah, David Tennant is almost certainly going to be in the Doctor Who
>> 60th anniversary episode ... although my money would be on him
>> appearing in it as the 10th Doctor and not the 14th Doctor.
>
> What are your odds?

I am not a bookmaker. Although I'm sure a bet on an RTD produced Doctor
Who '60th Anniversary' episode containing a return of David Tennant as
the 10th Doctor would be odds-on. (As in, very likely to happen.)

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 10:12:48 AM1/28/22
Will we see Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, and Jodie Whittaker too?

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:31:43 AM1/28/22
In article <st0d0q$m9i$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Or rather Tim junks up radw with his spamtroll threads.

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

>--
>Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:32:34 AM1/28/22
In article <st0dlm$pg4$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Follow the arrows correctly, Dannyboy!

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!

You will see Tim talking to himself.

Dannyboy just wants his post count to increase.
Are you complaining that your post count is too low Dannyboy?

>--
>Daniel

Blueshirt

Jan 28, 2022, 10:39:41 AM1/28/22
Put your money on one of the three making an appearance...

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:43:47 AM1/28/22
In article <st0k1p$834$1...@dont-email.me>,
Like he did for Day of the Doctor!

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:48:01 AM1/28/22
In article <adcc7bcc-ad16-4b68...@googlegroups.com>,
Not Whittaker!!!!

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:51:15 AM1/28/22
In article <xn0ndeuwj...@nntp.aioe.org>,
Of which not Whittaker!

Your Name

Jan 28, 2022, 3:25:24 PM1/28/22
Ummm, *WHOOSH*

My point was that the "specials" are probably NOT actual episodes of
the show, but instead are celbetory documentary specials looking back
at the show's history.

Blueshirt

Jan 28, 2022, 5:11:03 PM1/28/22
Your Name wrote:

> On 2022-01-27 22:50:32 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> > Your Name wrote:
> > > On 2022-01-25 08:45:29 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/david-tennant-14th-doctor-who

> > > Next year, 2023, is the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who (are you
> > > feeling old yet?), so it's most likely that some idiot got
> > > confused and the reality is that David Tennant, the actor, will
> > > be appearing in the celebration specials - behind-the-scenes
> > > documentaries, rather than actual series episodes - discussing
> > > his time on the show as well being a fan before that.
> >
> > Yeah, David Tennant is almost certainly going to be in the Doctor
> > Who 60th anniversary episode ... although my money would be on him
> > appearing in it as the 10th Doctor and not the 14th Doctor.
>
> Ummm, WHOOSH
>
> My point was that the "specials" are probably NOT actual episodes
> of the show, but instead are celbetory documentary specials looking
> back at the show's history.

Well that's possible, but we don't know if the BBC will bother with
celebratory documentary style specials or just have some series
special episodes in 2023 leading up to the 60th Anniversary 'special'
episode in November 2023. (Is there the £££ for behind-the-scenes
celebration specials on top of proper episodes?) If there are
documentaries then of course you could be right. I do expect to see
other Doctors - especially #10 - in the actual anniversary episode
though. Which is where I think the David Tennant rumour comes from.

Your Name

Jan 28, 2022, 6:34:03 PM1/28/22
> episode in November 2023. (Is there the ŁŁŁ for behind-the-scenes
> celebration specials on top of proper episodes?) If there are
> documentaries then of course you could be right. I do expect to see
> other Doctors - especially #10 - in the actual anniversary episode
> though. Which is where I think the David Tennant rumour comes from.

Tennant is too busy to bother, and too expensive, to bother with doing
actual Doctor Who episodes. Judging by some of his recent stuff, he
also seems to be more interested in making very weird shows now.

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 6:39:22 PM1/28/22
In article <xn0ndf59c...@nntp.aioe.org>,
Too many rumours out there.

Daniel65

Jan 29, 2022, 6:02:42 AM1/29/22
The Doctor wrote on 29/1/22 2:31 am:
> In article <st0d0q$m9i$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 28/1/22 12:50 am:
>>> In article <eb897bb3-9be7-4832...@googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> Tim did you not read the stats from 2021?
>>
>> WHAT?? Do YOU, clown, mean the stats that show YOU, clown, were the
>> greatest SPAMmer hereabouts for 2021 ... and 2020 ... and 2019 ... and .

> Or rather Tim junks up radw with his spamtroll threads.

So how come YOU, clown, are the one that 'junks up radw with his
spamtroll threads" the most, clown??
--
Daniel

Blueshirt

Jan 29, 2022, 7:28:32 AM1/29/22
Your Name wrote:

> On 2022-01-28 22:11:00 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> > Your Name wrote:
> > >
> > > My point was that the "specials" are probably NOT actual
> > > episodes of the show, but instead are celbetory documentary
> > > specials looking back at the show's history.
> >
> > Well that's possible, but we don't know if the BBC will bother
> > with celebratory documentary style specials or just have some
> > series special episodes in 2023 leading up to the 60th
> > Anniversary 'special' episode in November 2023. (Is there the £££
> > for behind-the-scenes celebration specials on top of proper
> > episodes?) If there are documentaries then of course you could be
> > right. I do expect to see other Doctors - especially #10 - in the
> > actual anniversary episode though. Which is where I think the
> > David Tennant rumour comes from.
>
> Tennant is too busy to bother, and too expensive, to bother with
> doing actual Doctor Who episodes. Judging by some of his recent
> stuff, he also seems to be more interested in making very weird
> shows now.

Possibly. He does seems happy doing the Big Finish audios though. Of
course, that might also be because there wasn't many other jobs that
he could do during 'lockdown'! I do think the ego would take over if
RTD wanted a cameo in the 60th Anniversary episode, so a Tenth Doctor
appearance wouldn't surprise me.

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2022, 9:34:24 AM1/29/22
In article <st36sg$83p$7...@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote on 29/1/22 2:31 am:
>> In article <st0d0q$m9i$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> WHAT?? Do YOU, clown, mean the stats that show YOU, clown, were the
>>> greatest SPAMmer hereabouts for 2021 ... and 2020 ... and 2019 ... and .
>

>> Or rather Tim junks up radw with his spamtroll threads.
>
>So how come YOU, clown, are the one that 'junks up radw with his
>spamtroll threads" the most, clown??

Dan's definition of clown comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/10-1.htm

JO: Look.
(The scanner shows William inside a pyramid shape. He was too ill to act, bless
him.)
DOCTOR 1: [on scanner] Ah, there you are. I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Hmm?
Oh, so you're my replacements. Huh. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?
DOCTOR 2: Well, we've, er, assessed the situation.
DOCTOR 1 [on scanner]: Just as I thought. Nothing.
DOCTOR: Well it's not easy, you know.

Because I stand up to Tim,
unlike you who give carte blanche to his bad manners.

Your Name

Jan 29, 2022, 4:51:22 PM1/29/22
On 2022-01-29 12:28:27 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> Your Name wrote:

>>> Well that's possible, but we don't know if the BBC will bother
>>> with celebratory documentary style specials or just have some
>>> series special episodes in 2023 leading up to the 60th
>>> Anniversary 'special' episode in November 2023. (Is there the ŁŁŁ
>>> for behind-the-scenes celebration specials on top of proper
>>> episodes?) If there are documentaries then of course you could be
>>> right. I do expect to see other Doctors - especially #10 - in the
>>> actual anniversary episode though. Which is where I think the
>>> David Tennant rumour comes from.
>>
>> Tennant is too busy to bother, and too expensive, to bother with
>> doing actual Doctor Who episodes. Judging by some of his recent
>> stuff, he also seems to be more interested in making very weird
>> shows now.
>
> Possibly. He does seems happy doing the Big Finish audios though. Of
> course, that might also be because there wasn't many other jobs that
> he could do during 'lockdown'! I do think the ego would take over if
> RTD wanted a cameo in the 60th Anniversary episode, so a Tenth Doctor
> appearance wouldn't surprise me.

Radio / audio dramas and animation voice work are very different. The
actor only has to go into the studio (or in some cases phone in) for a
few hours and read lines off a script, instead of weeks, if not months,
of make-up, costuming, learning lines, on location travel, etc. that
filming a TV episode requires.