TARDIS Interface: The Doctor's Wife

tsbr...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2020, 5:10:30 PM12/5/20
S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04

The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the TARDIS have a routine voice interface?

Wouter Valentijn

Dec 5, 2020, 5:18:17 PM12/5/20
Op 5-12-2020 om 23:10 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
> S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04
>
> The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the TARDIS have a routine voice interface?

It has one. Only it's not often used. I think the last time it used the
image and voice of a young Amy Pond.

Ah! There's an article on the subject:

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Voice_interface

It clearly states that the interface should NOT be confused with the
TARDIS matrix.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

liam=mail

The Doctor

Dec 5, 2020, 6:12:39 PM12/5/20
In article <372e629f-00d7-4b01...@googlegroups.com>,
Ever engineered a TARDIS?
Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New Year 2021 !

Daniel65

Dec 6, 2020, 3:40:03 AM12/6/20
The Doctor wrote on 06/12/20 10:12:
> In article <372e629f-00d7-4b01...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04
>>
>> The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the
>> TARDIS have a routine voice interface?
>
> Ever engineered a TARDIS?

Yes .... three times before breakfast!!
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Dec 6, 2020, 8:33:11 AM12/6/20
In article <rqi5d1$g4m$6...@dont-email.me>,
LOL!!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2021, 11:10:24 PM3/28/21
3070 On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 3:12:39 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <372e629f-00d7-4b01...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04
> >
> >The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the
> >TARDIS have a routine voice interface?
> >
> Ever engineered a TARDIS?

No, but I have heard early 21st century Earth computers talk. The TARDIS computer would be far more advanced, so should be able to talk also.

The Doctor

Mar 29, 2021, 12:44:25 AM3/29/21
In article <461841f9-98f5-4226...@googlegroups.com>,
You think?
They boast of how smart they are, yet cannot even tell salt from sugar.-unknown

tsbr...@gmail.com

May 5, 2021, 2:25:52 PM5/5/21
531 On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 9:44:25 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <461841f9-98f5-4226...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >3070 On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 3:12:39 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Ever engineered a TARDIS?
> >
> >No, but I have heard early 21st century Earth computers talk. The
> >TARDIS computer would be far more advanced, so should be able to talk
> >also.
> You think?

Yes.

The Doctor

May 5, 2021, 7:41:55 PM5/5/21
In article <f06122a4-607a-42d3...@googlegroups.com>,
IT is symbiotically related to the owner.
The liar is always being persecuted. -unknown

tsbru...@gmail.com

May 5, 2021, 7:50:01 PM5/5/21
552 On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 4:41:55 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <f06122a4-607a-42d3...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >531 On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 9:44:25 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> You think?
> >
> >Yes.
> IT is symbiotically related to the owner.

So the TARDIS should be able to talk to the Doctor!

The Doctor

May 5, 2021, 7:51:22 PM5/5/21
In article <b6db8db7-6a01-46d8...@googlegroups.com>,
Not the way we know it!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2021, 9:53:52 PM6/14/21
The Doctor isn't the original owner. Are you saying that this means that the TARDIS ISN"T symbiotically related to the Doctor, so therefore can't easily talk to him/her/it?

The Doctor

Jun 14, 2021, 11:09:51 PM6/14/21
In article <fa71288c-94d4-4307...@googlegroups.com>,
Not wht I meant, Trumper Bruening.
The society which rewards liars is the society that will fall. -unknown

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2021, 11:58:59 PM6/14/21
What did you mean, mispeller of my first name?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2021, 12:00:41 AM6/15/21
1368 On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 4:41:55 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <f06122a4-607a-42d3...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >531 On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 9:44:25 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> You think?
> >
> >Yes.
> IT is symbiotically related to the owner.

How would that prevent a speaking interface?

The Doctor

Jun 15, 2021, 12:18:40 AM6/15/21
In article <f6f81cc4-99c4-4377...@googlegroups.com>,
Symbois method could be differnt there Trumper Tim!

The Doctor

Jun 15, 2021, 12:19:12 AM6/15/21
In article <ca141139-50c1-4ab4...@googlegroups.com>,
Not re quired.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2021, 9:50:56 PM6/21/21
So the TARDIS would be able to tell the Doctor telepathically that something was wrong with it?

The Doctor

Jun 22, 2021, 12:24:29 AM6/22/21
In article <42e78487-9230-43cf...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes, symbiosis!
Changing the dictionary does not move us forward. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2021, 8:08:17 AM6/22/21
Enabling the Doctor to learn of the stuck fast return switch right away in Edge of Destruction?

The Doctor

Jun 22, 2021, 9:28:46 AM6/22/21
In article <8b625dbc-ced2-481f...@googlegroups.com>,
He had to figure it out.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2021, 12:18:54 PM6/22/21
With the symbiosis, why couldn't the TARDIS have just said in the Doctor's mind "The fast return switch is stuck!"?

The Doctor

Jun 22, 2021, 5:16:54 PM6/22/21
In article <d3aa9c0a-8a58-48b8...@googlegroups.com>,
Older tech!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2021, 7:29:28 AM6/23/21
If Type 40 TARDISes weren't designed to communicate telepathically with their operators, shouldn't they have been equipped witrh speaking interfaces to compensate?

The Doctor

Jun 23, 2021, 3:44:08 PM6/23/21

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2021, 11:42:38 PM7/24/21
Wouldn't safety regs require the backup speaking interfaces?

The Doctor

Jul 25, 2021, 8:01:44 AM7/25/21
In article <d4ef6291-dc15-416b...@googlegroups.com>,
No!
Nova Scotia on 17 Aug 2021 vote Liberal! Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2021, 7:13:29 PM9/4/21
Why not?

The Doctor

Sep 4, 2021, 9:27:34 PM9/4/21
In article <209ddfde-1384-4641...@googlegroups.com>,
What speaking interface?
Canada on 20 Sept 2021 vote ! Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 4:36:26 AM9/16/21
One installed in accord with safety regs!

The Doctor

Sep 16, 2021, 8:49:54 AM9/16/21
In article <cbfb0a37-37d0-453f...@googlegroups.com>,
Therefore none!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 11:17:30 AM9/16/21
But shouldn't the safety regs require that speaking interfaces be installed in TARDISes if there isn't a telepathic interface?

The Doctor

Sep 16, 2021, 5:22:39 PM9/16/21
In article <b7d298e9-2395-4400...@googlegroups.com>,
Why?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 3:21:47 PM9/17/21
To insure that the TARDIS can communicate with its operators to report faults!

The Doctor

Sep 17, 2021, 7:22:16 PM9/17/21
In article <84ad6f60-cf7e-4c2f...@googlegroups.com>,
No voice interface needed.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 4:18:45 PM9/28/21
Voice interface obviously needed when the fast return switch was stuck!

The Doctor

Sep 28, 2021, 7:18:18 PM9/28/21
In article <5b78b213-479f-4855...@googlegroups.com>,
No.
If we search for what we want, that is all we will find.-unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 9:00:26 PM9/28/21
If the TARDIS could have simply said "Fast return switch stuck", the Doctor would have been able to fix that problem right away!

The Doctor

Sep 28, 2021, 9:07:02 PM9/28/21
In article <80a74abd-a566-4047...@googlegroups.com>,
WEll there was a high level of communication.

Daniel65

Oct 3, 2021, 7:47:22 AM10/3/21
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 29/9/21 11:00 am:
> 3735, 3736, 3737, 3738, 3739, 3740 3720 On Tuesday, September 28,
> 2021 at 4:18:18 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <5b78b213-479f-4855...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 3715 On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 4:22:16 PM UTC-7,

<Snip>

>>> Voice interface obviously needed when the fast return switch was
>>> stuck!
>> No.
>
> If the TARDIS could have simply said "Fast return switch stuck", the
> Doctor would have been able to fix that problem right away!

.... or The TARDIS could have just displayed the error message on one of
its Video Display Units!!
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Oct 3, 2021, 8:31:54 AM10/3/21
In article <sjc588$5fd$1...@dont-email.me>,
IF one exists.
Alberta on 18 Oct vote no to the referenda and stop the UCP/CPC and NDP municipally! Beware https://mindspring.com

solar penguin

Oct 3, 2021, 12:32:03 PM10/3/21
Daniel declared:
Or flashed the appropriate light on the fault locator. But...

What you’ve both forgotten is that the TARDIS didn’t even
know the Fast Return Switch was stuck. It thought someone
was deliberately holding the switch down.

DOCTOR: It was the switch. It was still in place. You see,
there's a little spring inside it and it was stuck. It hadn't
released itself.

SUSAN: But why didn't the fault locator tell us?

DOCTOR: Well, the switch hadn't broken down, therefore
the
fault locator couldn't give us any recognition. You see,
let me give you a demonstration. (using his torch) Now,
look, when I put my thumb on there, the light comes on.
And it only stays on so long as my thumb is pressing that
switch. As soon as I take if off, a little spring inside releases
the switch here and out goes the light.

SUSAN: Oh, I see. So if the spring were broken, it would
be as if your finger were pressing it down all the time.

DOCTOR: Precisely. As simple as that.

http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/1-3.htm

--
solar penguin

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2021, 1:32:04 PM10/3/21
If the TARDIS didn't even know that anything was wrong, why the weird stuff that happened in that story?

> --
> solar penguin

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2021, 3:25:15 PM10/3/21
On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> Daniel declared:
> > tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 29/9/21 11:00 am:
> >> 3735, 3736, 3737, 3738, 3739, 3740 3720 On Tuesday, September 28,

> >> If the TARDIS could have simply said "Fast return switch
> >> stuck", the Doctor would have been able to fix that
> >> problem right away!
> >>
> > .... or The TARDIS could have just displayed the error
> > message on one of its Video Display Units!!
> Or flashed the appropriate light on the fault locator. But...
>
> What you’ve both forgotten is that the TARDIS didn’t even
> know the Fast Return Switch was stuck. It thought someone
> was deliberately holding the switch down.

In that case, the TARDIS should say "Beep! Someone is holding down the Fast Return Switch. Beep!". My car dings if I keep the turn signal on too long, or open the door with the key in the ignition, or open the door with the engine going.

The Doctor

Oct 3, 2021, 8:15:14 PM10/3/21
In article <sjclu1$hki$1...@dont-email.me>,
Thank you!

From Edge of Destructions / Brink of Disaster.

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 3, 2021, 8:17:57 PM10/3/21
In article <dec1c56e-400a-4239...@googlegroups.com>,
That is from Edge of Destruction.

The Doctor

Oct 3, 2021, 8:24:37 PM10/3/21

solar penguin

Oct 4, 2021, 3:33:13 AM10/4/21
Tim typed:

Snip quote from http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/1-3.htm

> If the TARDIS didn't even know that anything was wrong,
> why the weird stuff that happened in that story?

It knew _something_ was wrong but it thought the problem
was someone deliberately holding down the switch (possibly
as an act of sabotage.)

Just between us, I prefer the fallible TARDIS of the Classic
series to the all-knowing one we have now. But I prefer
fallible characters in general, so that’s not surprising.

--
solar penguin

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2021, 6:52:19 AM10/4/21
468 On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 12:33:13 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> Tim typed:
> > 366 On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> >> Daniel declared:

> >> Or flashed the appropriate light on the fault locator. But...
> >>
> >> What you’ve both forgotten is that the TARDIS didn’t even
> >> know the Fast Return Switch was stuck. It thought someone
> >> was deliberately holding the switch down.
> >>
> Snip quote from http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/1-3.htm
> >
> > If the TARDIS didn't even know that anything was wrong,
> > why the weird stuff that happened in that story?
> >
> It knew _something_ was wrong but it thought the problem
> was someone deliberately holding down the switch (possibly
> as an act of sabotage.)

In that case, it should say "Beep! Fast return switch being held down! Beep!". This would alert the non-saboteurs to wrestle the saboteur away from the switch.

The Doctor

Oct 4, 2021, 9:20:54 AM10/4/21
In article <sjeann$oa9$1...@dont-email.me>,
Same here SP!

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 4, 2021, 9:39:41 AM10/4/21

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 9:58:51 PM10/10/21
Why then did it take so long to diagnose a simple switch problem?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 10:11:07 PM10/10/21
1370 On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 12:33:13 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> Tim typed:
> > 366 On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> >> Daniel declared:

> >> Or flashed the appropriate light on the fault locator. But...
> >>
> >> What you’ve both forgotten is that the TARDIS didn’t even
> >> know the Fast Return Switch was stuck. It thought someone
> >> was deliberately holding the switch down.
> >>
> Snip quote from http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/1-3.htm
> >
> > If the TARDIS didn't even know that anything was wrong,
> > why the weird stuff that happened in that story?
> >
> It knew _something_ was wrong but it thought the problem
> was someone deliberately holding down the switch (possibly
> as an act of sabotage.)

Then the TARDIS should say so!

"Beep! Fast return switch on! Beep! Are you sure you want the fast return switch on? Beeb!".

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 10:13:44 PM10/10/21
Such as a Doctor who violated his Sacred Oath to confine Missy?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 10:16:27 PM10/10/21
How should the TARDIS have communicated the problem?

The Doctor

Oct 11, 2021, 10:32:15 AM10/11/21
In article <47c834ca-fdf1-44f4...@googlegroups.com>,
Like what happened at Facebook?

The Doctor

Oct 11, 2021, 10:39:48 AM10/11/21
In article <ecbe61c6-1090-431e...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes SP! TiBr is a delusional obsessional!

The Doctor

Oct 11, 2021, 10:40:02 AM10/11/21
In article <44d732e9-83a7-4427...@googlegroups.com>,
Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!

The Doctor

Oct 11, 2021, 10:40:28 AM10/11/21
In article <559c0ea7-bb3a-4b18...@googlegroups.com>,
How do computers do so?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2021, 10:48:26 PM10/12/21
I heard that the maintenance techs had a hard time accessing the equipment due to their card passes not working.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2021, 10:51:31 PM10/12/21
TARDIS more advanced than Facebook, so should have better fault finding and user interface tech than
Facebook.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2021, 10:53:06 PM10/12/21
Which switch got stuck?

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2021, 12:43:27 AM10/13/21
In article <0bfec117-d4d7-4f36...@googlegroups.com>,
Can you confirm it?

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2021, 12:43:42 AM10/13/21

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2021, 12:44:01 AM10/13/21
In article <23bb5673-738a-4724...@googlegroups.com>,
Ask the Zuck!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2021, 9:37:51 AM10/13/21
A Series 13 Doctor Who monster?

The Doctor

Oct 13, 2021, 9:52:27 AM10/13/21
In article <d3703af7-1457-416c...@googlegroups.com>,
Zuck not flux!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2021, 11:29:47 PM10/16/21
So the Flux is an actual monster, not an elemental force?

The Doctor

Oct 17, 2021, 7:05:09 AM10/17/21
In article <3d4d81b7-cdfc-429b...@googlegroups.com>,
We do not know.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2021, 9:20:45 PM10/24/21
Holy Immunity Syndrome!

The Doctor

Oct 25, 2021, 12:38:55 AM10/25/21
In article <3e141791-6790-4d99...@googlegroups.com>,
Just wait. Get your a chrome box with a BBC1 subscription.
Suspect the facts that you agree with. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2021, 12:44:46 AM10/29/21
Would I see a really big monster?

The Doctor

Oct 29, 2021, 2:02:54 AM10/29/21
In article <81c2041e-df92-41a4...@googlegroups.com>,
You might.
It is a fool who uses a screwdriver to do the work of the hammer. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbr...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2021, 11:52:53 PM11/13/21
1374 On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:18:17 PM UTC-8, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
> Op 5-12-2020 om 23:10 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
> > S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04
> >
> > The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the TARDIS have a routine voice interface?
> >
> It has one. Only it's not often used. I think the last time it used the
> image and voice of a young Amy Pond.
>
> Ah! There's an article on the subject:
>
> https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Voice_interface
>
> It clearly states that the interface should NOT be confused with the
> TARDIS matrix.

I saw a TARDIS interface use the image and voice of Clara during Hide.

Daniel65

Nov 14, 2021, 3:11:33 AM11/14/21
Wouter Valentijn wrote on 6/12/20 9:18 am:
> Op 5-12-2020 om 23:10 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
>>
>> The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time.  Why doesn't the
>> TARDIS have a routine voice interface?
>
> It has one. Only it's not often used. I think the last time it used the
> image and voice of a young Amy Pond.
>
> Ah! There's an article on the subject:
>
> https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Voice_interface
>
> It clearly states that the interface should NOT be confused with the
> TARDIS matrix.

And The TARDIS matrix should not be confused with The Galifreyean Matrix
which, apparently, stores all Time Lord knowledge from The Timeless
Child forward!
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Nov 14, 2021, 8:04:16 AM11/14/21
In article <42290d6e-ee5c-48d9...@googlegroups.com>,
Script extract?
Merry Christmas 2021 and Happy New Year 2022 Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Nov 14, 2021, 8:25:52 AM11/14/21
In article <smqgbj$8hb$1...@dont-email.me>,
Based on the Same.

Check out Deadly Assassin1

tsbru...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2021, 10:59:45 PM12/22/21
2395 2396 2397 2398 On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> Daniel declared:
> > tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 29/9/21 11:00 am:
> >> 3735, 3736, 3737, 3738, 3739, 3740 3720 On Tuesday, September 28,

> >> If the TARDIS could have simply said "Fast return switch
> >> stuck", the Doctor would have been able to fix that
> >> problem right away!
> >>
> > .... or The TARDIS could have just displayed the error
> > message on one of its Video Display Units!!
> Or flashed the appropriate light on the fault locator. But...
>
> What you’ve both forgotten is that the TARDIS didn’t even
> know the Fast Return Switch was stuck. It thought someone
> was deliberately holding the switch down.
>
> DOCTOR: It was the switch. It was still in place. You see,
> there's a little spring inside it and it was stuck. It hadn't
> released itself.
>
> SUSAN: But why didn't the fault locator tell us?
>
> DOCTOR: Well, the switch hadn't broken down, therefore
> the
> fault locator couldn't give us any recognition. You see,
> let me give you a demonstration. (using his torch) Now,
> look, when I put my thumb on there, the light comes on.
> And it only stays on so long as my thumb is pressing that
> switch. As soon as I take if off, a little spring inside releases
> the switch here and out goes the light.
>
> SUSAN: Oh, I see. So if the spring were broken, it would
> be as if your finger were pressing it down all the time.
>
> DOCTOR: Precisely. As simple as that.

Why couldn't the TARDIS tell a broken spring apart from a held down switch?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2021, 11:05:31 PM12/22/21
> http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/1-3.htm

Why couldn't the TARDIS tell that there was no one near the fast return switch?

The Doctor

Dec 23, 2021, 12:42:03 AM12/23/21
In article <6738e8a2-e4c3-4f87...@googlegroups.com>,
It is called a jam!

The Doctor

Dec 23, 2021, 12:42:23 AM12/23/21
In article <91dbfe13-04bf-43dd...@googlegroups.com>,
Jammed circuit.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 1:46:48 AM12/30/21
3223 On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 5:24:37 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <e9869c05-3221-4da8...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
> >> Daniel declared:

> >> Or flashed the appropriate light on the fault locator. But...
> >>
> >> What you’ve both forgotten is that the TARDIS didn’t even
> >> know the Fast Return Switch was stuck. It thought someone
> >> was deliberately holding the switch down.
> >
> >In that case, the TARDIS should say "Beep! Someone is holding down the
> >Fast Return Switch. Beep!". My car dings if I keep the turn signal on
> >too long, or open the door with the key in the ignition, or open the
> >door with the engine going.
> No.

Or if I open the door with the headlights on.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 1:55:25 AM12/30/21
Which bollixed the internal sensors?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 2:18:24 AM12/30/21
On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:18:17 PM UTC-8, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
> Op 5-12-2020 om 23:10 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
> > S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04
> >
> > The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the TARDIS have a routine voice interface?
> >
> It has one. Only it's not often used. I think the last time it used the
> image and voice of a young Amy Pond.

Why isn't it often used?

Let's Kill Hitler: The voice interface tells the Doctor that he has been poisoned and will die in 32 minutes. I assumed that the TARDIS was using the voice interface to update him on his health status.

> Ah! There's an article on the subject:
>
> https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Voice_interface
>
> It clearly states that the interface should NOT be confused with the
> TARDIS matrix.

I figured that the TARDIS could used the voice interface to talk to the Doctor.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 2:34:26 AM12/30/21
3225 3226 3227 On Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 5:01:44 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <d4ef6291-dc15-416b...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >2066 On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:44:08 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

Wouldn't the Time Lords with their very long life spans be very safety conscious, and thus have strong safety regs requiring backup speaking interfaces?

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 10:04:16 AM12/30/21

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 10:07:31 AM12/30/21
In article <84019d41-eb76-4963...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes.

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 10:08:16 AM12/30/21
In article <2d29dedc-b304-4b9d...@googlegroups.com>,
tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:18:17 PM UTC-8, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
>> Op 5-12-2020 om 23:10 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
>> > S06E04. S6E4. S06E4. S6E04
>> >
>> > The TARDIS speaks to the Doctor for the first time. Why doesn't the
>TARDIS have a routine voice interface?
>> >
>> It has one. Only it's not often used. I think the last time it used the
>> image and voice of a young Amy Pond.
>
>Why isn't it often used?
>
>Let's Kill Hitler: The voice interface tells the Doctor that he has
>been poisoned and will die in 32 minutes. I assumed that the TARDIS was
>using the voice interface to update him on his health status.

You need Handles!

>> Ah! There's an article on the subject:
>>
>> https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Voice_interface
>>
>> It clearly states that the interface should NOT be confused with the
>> TARDIS matrix.
>
>I figured that the TARDIS could used the voice interface to talk to the Doctor.

IYIO!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 10:08:18 AM12/30/21
Why are you against the TARDIS saying "The fast return switch is being held down"?

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 10:09:49 AM12/30/21

tsbr...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 10:25:08 AM12/30/21
But they have very long life spans to protect!

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 11:51:42 AM12/30/21
In article <7e6ef890-bf74-466b...@googlegroups.com>,
Do you know how to engineer a TARDIS?

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 11:54:07 AM12/30/21
In article <46f0ac97-0389-4715...@googlegroups.com>,
You mean regenerations.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 2:06:01 PM12/30/21
And long life spans in between regenerations! The 11th Doctor lived for over 1100 years!

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2021, 5:52:52 PM12/30/21
In article <b2d467ec-3846-4ff5...@googlegroups.com>,
Depends how long you take to regenerate!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2021, 10:56:46 AM12/31/21
Once the 11 to 12 regeneration started, it took just an instant.

Blueshirt

Dec 31, 2021, 12:52:12 PM12/31/21
Some would say the 12 to 13 regeneration has been going on for years!
;-)

tsbr...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2021, 12:59:55 PM12/31/21
3418 On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 9:52:12 AM UTC-8, Blueshirt wrote:
> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > 3410 3411 3412 On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 2:52:52 PM UTC-8,
> > netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Depends how long you take to regenerate!
> >
> > Once the 11 to 12 regeneration started, it took just an instant.
I > Some would say the 12 to 13 regeneration has been going on for years!
> ;-)

I saw that regeneration start 6 months and 1 day before it finished.

%

Dec 31, 2021, 1:18:10 PM12/31/21
no you didn't

The Doctor