6:25pm GMT on Sunday, 31st October

The Last Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 4:29:01 AM10/20/21
So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.

It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
October 31st!

So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
cancelled immediately.

--
There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
things. Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 6:47:41 AM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:29:01 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>
> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> October 31st!
>
> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
> cancelled immediately.

Is 6:25 on a Sunday normally good for ratings?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 7:24:28 AM10/20/21
2584 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:29:01 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>
> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> October 31st!
>
> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
> cancelled immediately.

What would be the best time slot on Halloween?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 7:25:37 AM10/20/21
2585 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:29:01 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>
> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> October 31st!

BBC slogan: Avoid Covid-19 on Halloween! Stay home and watch Doctor Who!

The Last Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 7:57:53 AM10/20/21
No. But Halloween will surely depress them.

solar penguin

Oct 20, 2021, 9:30:29 AM10/20/21
The Last Doctor let us know:

> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>
> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> October 31st!
>
> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
> cancelled immediately.

Interesting. I would’ve preferred an 8pm timeslot, easing
gently between the family viewing of Strictly and the serious
9pm drama.

But I’m not the target audience (and I don’t have to be in
bed by 9) so what do I know?

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:35:30 AM10/20/21
In article <skok0b$ld$1...@dont-email.me>,
So you just your clock behind on 31 Oct.
Alberta on 18 Oct vote ! Beware https://mindspring.com

solar penguin

Oct 20, 2021, 10:38:10 AM10/20/21
The Idiot insisted:

> So you just your clock behind on 31 Oct.

Yes, he’s just his clock. He isn’t anyone else’s clock.

--
solar penguin

The Last Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:40:35 AM10/20/21
The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <skok0b$ld$1...@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
>> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>>
>> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
>> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
>> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
>> October 31st!
>>
>> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
>> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
>> cancelled immediately.

> So you just your clock behind on 31 Oct.

No Dave. I wear a watch on my wrist. Why would I have a clock on my behind,
no matter what day it is?

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:42:59 AM10/20/21
In article <05292f49-b0db-4c3a...@googlegroups.com>,
Well get yourself a Chrome Box Tim!

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:46:29 AM10/20/21
In article <d450e323-7918-4cf8...@googlegroups.com>,
You really are dense Tim!

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:46:41 AM10/20/21
In article <f737688e-a4ae-465c...@googlegroups.com>,
You really are sick Tim!

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:49:15 AM10/20/21
In article <skp07v$g7o$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:29:01 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
>>> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
>>> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>>>
>>> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
>>> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
>>> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
>>> October 31st!
>>>
>>> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
>>> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
>>> cancelled immediately.
>>
>> Is 6:25 on a Sunday normally good for ratings?
>>

>No. But Halloween will surely depress them.

Chibnall is depressing!

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:52:55 AM10/20/21
In article <skp5lj$m91$1...@dont-email.me>,
Well I wonder if more peoiple will be Tirck-or-treating?

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:57:55 AM10/20/21
In article <skp9kg$i9i$1...@dont-email.me>,
I.E. The UK falls back to GMT from BST.

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 10:58:18 AM10/20/21
In article <skp9p2$jgj$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <skok0b$ld$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>>> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
>>> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>>>
>>> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
>>> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
>>> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
>>> October 31st!
>>>
>>> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
>>> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
>>> cancelled immediately.
>
>> So you just your clock behind on 31 Oct.
>
>No Dave. I wear a watch on my wrist. Why would I have a clock on my behind,
>no matter what day it is?

A Smart wrist watch?

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 11:24:52 AM10/20/21
2607 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 7:35:30 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <skok0b$ld$1...@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
> >So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> >Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
> >
> >It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> >the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> >the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> >October 31st!
> >
> >So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
> >derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
> >cancelled immediately.
> >
> >--
> >There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
> >things. Things which act against everything we believe in.
> >
> >They must be /fought/.
> So you just your clock behind on 31 Oct.

Not me. I will Fall Back on November 7th.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 11:27:32 AM10/20/21
2608 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 7:46:29 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <d450e323-7918-4cf8...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >2584 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:29:01 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
> >> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> >> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
> >>
> >> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> >> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> >> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> >> October 31st!
> >>
> >> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
> >> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
> >> cancelled immediately.
> >
> >What would be the best time slot on Halloween?
> You really are dense Tim!

If 6:25 PM is a particularly bad time to show Doctor Who on Halloween, logic dictates asking when would be the BEST time to show Doctor Who on Halloween?

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 5:30:51 PM10/20/21
In article <caa145bc-386c-4bb1...@googlegroups.com>,
The UK! NOT North America.

Do something uselfull will you TiBr?
Campaign ofr permanent PST in California!

The Doctor

Oct 20, 2021, 5:31:17 PM10/20/21
In article <c9143bd2-2e6e-42c0...@googlegroups.com>,
Give me break. How rational are you TimTit?

The Last Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 4:05:03 AM10/21/21
Once again: the core audience for Doctor Who are children aged 8-14 and
their parents, typically mid-20s to mid-30s. No time on Halloween is
great for them, but as pointed out elsewhere, 8-9pm would be least worst
- prime time, before bedtime for the younger, but should be home from
trick-or-treating by then (5pm for tots, up to about 7:30, is the prime
walkabout time in places I've lived). In this day and age, though, it
doesn't really matter unless DW could somehow become water-cooler TV
again (or whatever its equivalent is for today's schoolkids). All TV is
on-demand these days.

Daniel65

Oct 21, 2021, 5:24:21 AM10/21/21
The Last Doctor wrote on 20/10/21 7:28 pm:
> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>
> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
> October 31st!
>
> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
> cancelled immediately.

Here in Australia, our ABC will be showing the new "Doctor Who" on its
main channel from Monday, 1st Nov and I would expect it to be at
6:00p.m. which is reminiscent of 'Classic Who' which used to be shown at
6:05p.m., Monday to Thursday!
--
Daniel

The Last Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 5:43:01 AM10/21/21
Not a bad time, and not on Halloween. And fans will be able to start
watching from 5:25am (New South Wales, other territories earlier) on
iView. Night owls will be watching simultaneously with the UK BBC screening.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2021, 6:40:11 AM10/21/21
2729 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 2:31:17 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <c9143bd2-2e6e-42c0...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >2608 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 7:46:29 AM UTC-7,
> >netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> You really are dense Tim!
> >
> >If 6:25 PM is a particularly bad time to show Doctor Who on Halloween,
> >logic dictates asking when would be the BEST time to show Doctor Who on
> >Halloween?
> Give me break. How rational are you TimTit?

How is it irrational to inquire about the best viewing times for our favorite SF show?

The Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 10:51:30 AM10/21/21
In article <skr6vd$1lg$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>On 20/10/2021 12:24, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> 2584 On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:29:01 AM UTC-7, The Last
>Doctor wrote:
>>> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
>>> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>>>
>>> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever since
>>> the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful lot of
>>> the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at 6:25pm on
>>> October 31st!
>>>
>>> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
>>> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will be
>>> cancelled immediately.
>>
>> What would be the best time slot on Halloween?
>>

>Once again: the core audience for Doctor Who are children aged 8-14 and
>their parents, typically mid-20s to mid-30s. No time on Halloween is
>great for them, but as pointed out elsewhere, 8-9pm would be least worst
>- prime time, before bedtime for the younger, but should be home from
>trick-or-treating by then (5pm for tots, up to about 7:30, is the prime
>walkabout time in places I've lived). In this day and age, though, it
>doesn't really matter unless DW could somehow become water-cooler TV
>again (or whatever its equivalent is for today's schoolkids). All TV is
>on-demand these days.

Still the UK goes back to standard time this weekend.

>--
>There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
>things. Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

Those who would destroy you must make darkness via confusion. -unknown! Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 10:58:42 AM10/21/21
In article <skrbk3$ula$1...@dont-email.me>,
We are on alert!

The Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 10:59:31 AM10/21/21
In article <skrcn3$4hq$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>On 21/10/2021 10:24, Daniel65 wrote:
>> The Last Doctor wrote on 20/10/21 7:28 pm:
>>> So that's when Doctor Who returns. Lots of ammunition for the "Doctor
>>> Who is dying" Chicken Lickens in that choice.
>>>
>>> It's a very poor time to garner linear TV ratings in the UK, ever
>>> since the American view of Halloween made its way over here. An awful
>>> lot of the core audience is going to be out "trick-or-treating" at
>>> 6:25pm on October 31st!
>>>
>>> So expect an atypically low overnight rating, and Aggie to be on here
>>> derangedly crowing about how Chibnall has killed the show and it will
>>> be cancelled immediately.
>>>
>> Here in Australia, our ABC will be showing the new "Doctor Who" on its
>> main channel from Monday, 1st Nov and I would expect it to be at
>> 6:00p.m. which is reminiscent of 'Classic Who' which used to be shown at
>> 6:05p.m., Monday to Thursday!
>
>Not a bad time, and not on Halloween. And fans will be able to start
>watching from 5:25am (New South Wales, other territories earlier) on
>iView. Night owls will be watching simultaneously with the UK BBC screening.

CTV SCi-Fi most likely 6 p.m. or 7 p.m.

>--
>There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
>things. Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 11:01:00 AM10/21/21
In article <ea508bbe-ca59-4162...@googlegroups.com>,
Very!

solar penguin

Oct 21, 2021, 11:06:01 AM10/21/21
The Idiot insisted:

>> How is it irrational to inquire about the best viewing
>> times for our favorite SF show?
>
> Very!

No, that would be an answer to a ‘How much’ question,
not a ‘How is it’ question. Try again.

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 21, 2021, 11:13:52 AM10/21/21
In article <skrvkn$gf8$1...@dont-email.me>,
We are dealing with the highly emotional and irrational TiBt you know.

>--
>solar penguin

Daniel65

Oct 22, 2021, 4:44:32 AM10/22/21
The Doctor wrote on 22/10/21 2:13 am:
> In article <skrvkn$gf8$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Idiot insisted:

>>> Very!
>>
>> No, that would be an answer to a ‘How much’ question,
>> not a ‘How is it’ question. Try again.
>>

> We are dealing with the highly emotional and irrational TiBt you know.

Seems to me we are mostly dealing with an idiot who claims he knows
everything about 'Doctor Who' but never shares any of this knowledge
that he supposedly has!
--
Daniel

solar penguin

Oct 22, 2021, 4:51:56 AM10/22/21
The Idiot insisted:

> In article <skrvkn$gf8$1...@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Idiot insisted:

>>> Very!
>>
>> No, that would be an answer to a 'How much' question,
>> not a 'How is it' question. Try again.
>>

> We are dealing with the highly emotional and irrational
> TiBt you know.

That’s no excuse for you not knowing how questions work.

--
solar penguin

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2021, 10:15:09 AM10/22/21
In article <skttle$s9k$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dan's definition of idiot comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm

DOCTOR: Yes. Most enlightening.
PANNA: What's he babbling about? No male can open the Box of Jhana without
being driven out of his mind. It is well known. Unless. Is he an idiot?
KARUNA: Are you an idiot?
DOCTOR: Well, I suppose I must be. I have been called one many

We cannot understand what we choose not to. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Oct 22, 2021, 10:15:56 AM10/22/21
In article <sktu3b$v8a$1...@dont-email.me>,