Doctor Who Rare Entries Contest DWRE7

1 view

tomsa...@googlemail.com

Aug 29, 2006, 9:14:38 AM8/29/06
This is the seventh Doctor Who Rare Entries Contest. The rules are
unchanged from DWRE6.

SHORT RULES
The purpose of this game is as follows: for each of the questions, your
objective is to give an answer that
(1) is correct, and
(2) will be duplicated by as FEW other people as possible.

To cope with individuals who can't or won't play the game by email as
it is intended, questions and rules will not be posted here but on this
web page:

http://www.tomsalinsky.co.uk/dwre/dwre7.html

Past DWRE contests can also be viewed there.

Please DON'T COPY THE QUESTIONS HERE.

Please DON'T POST ANY ANSWERS HERE.

Please SAVE PUBLIC DISCUSSION ABOUT ANSWERS until the contest is over.

Cheers

Tom Salinsky
tomsa...@googlemail.com

The Doctor

Aug 29, 2006, 10:20:26 AM8/29/06
In article <1156857278....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,

A URL. Is it form friendly?
--
Member - Liberal International
This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca

tomsa...@googlemail.com

Aug 29, 2006, 10:42:10 AM8/29/06

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <1156857278....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> tomsa...@googlemail.com <tomsa...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >This is the seventh Doctor Who Rare Entries Contest. The rules are
> >unchanged from DWRE6.
> >
> >SHORT RULES
> >The purpose of this game is as follows: for each of the questions, your
> >objective is to give an answer that
> >(1) is correct, and
> >(2) will be duplicated by as FEW other people as possible.
> >
> >To cope with individuals who can't or won't play the game by email as
> >it is intended, questions and rules will not be posted here but on this
> >web page:
> >
> >http://www.tomsalinsky.co.uk/dwre/dwre7.html
> >
> >Past DWRE contests can also be viewed there.
> >
> >Please DON'T COPY THE QUESTIONS HERE.
> >
> >Please DON'T POST ANY ANSWERS HERE.
> >
> >Please SAVE PUBLIC DISCUSSION ABOUT ANSWERS until the contest is over.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Tom Salinsky
> >tomsa...@googlemail.com
> >

> A URL. Is it form friendly?

No form. Just send me an email as usual.

Cheers

Tom

The Doctor

Aug 29, 2006, 10:45:11 AM8/29/06
In article <1156862530....@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,

Got you boss.

Bazza

Aug 29, 2006, 4:10:35 PM8/29/06

<tomsa...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> This is the seventh Doctor Who Rare Entries Contest. The rules are
> unchanged from DWRE6.

And a corking quiz it is too! One of the best yet!
Bazza

The Doctor

Aug 29, 2006, 6:57:23 PM8/29/06
In article <%a1Jg.80093$fV1....@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,

And no Lio too.

Major ChrisB

Sep 4, 2006, 6:15:42 AM9/4/06

"Bazza" <bazz...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

yeah I found myself actually having lots of options and trying to choose
which to use rather than past quizes when I can barely even think of an
answer thats correct....

great one! thanks tom

The Doctor

Sep 4, 2006, 9:01:19 AM9/4/06
In article <g1TKg.109885$K7.1...@fe14.usenetserver.com>,

The challenge is on!

Chris Doyle

Sep 7, 2006, 6:18:11 AM9/7/06
Hello
Sorry for off-topic post - but are you the Tom Salinsky of Order this world
fame? If so kudos it is a great piece of work -good man. Liking the Who quiz
as well BTW

Cheers
Chris Doyle

tomsa...@googlemail.com

Sep 7, 2006, 9:41:28 AM9/7/06
Indeed I am. Glad you like it.

Cheers

Tom

The Doctor

Sep 7, 2006, 6:24:45 PM9/7/06
In article <1157636487.9...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

Thanks to Lio C wrecking it on the groups.

tomsa...@googlemail.com

Sep 11, 2006, 7:39:41 AM9/11/06
Hi gang, here are the delayed results of DWRE7 which saw first-time
entrant drzumbo triumph over a field of 34 entrants.

Here are the top three answer-slates.

DRZUMBRO JOHN DORNEY GUY LEOPOLD

0 Greatest Show... Galaxy 4 Paradise Towers
1 Dom Issigri Menelaus Steinburger P Green
2 Neil Toynay Norman Ashby Guy Leopold
3 Janley Janley Kert Gantry
4 Blood Harvest Jnr Dr Who & Giant Rob The Five Doctors
5 Reg Crofts Alan Breck Clement Attlee
6 TARDIS Console Lead character credit Broadcast on Sats
7 Survival Survival Robot
8 Liz Shaw Sarah Jane Smith's Ye Rutans
9 Richard Hartley Liz Parker Stanley Myers

To review the scoring:
The scores on the different questions are MULTIPLIED to produce a final
score for each entrant. Low score wins; a perfect score is 1. If your
answer to a question is correct, then your score is the number of
people who gave that answer, or an answer I consider equivalent. A
wrong answer, or a skipped question, gets a high score as a penalty.
This is the median of:
- the number of entrants
- the square root of that number, rounded up to an integer
- double the largest number of entrants giving the same answer (right
or wrong) as each other on the question

Here is the complete table of scores.

RANK SCORE ENTRANT Q0 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9

1 126 drzumbro 1 1 3 2 3 1 1 7 1 1
2 140 John Dorney 1 1 5 2 1 1 1 7 1 2
3 324 Guy Leopold 1 1 3 1 1 4 3 3 3 1
4 336 exterminateallhumans 2 2 1 1 3 1 1 WR 1 2
5 360 Dave Jones 2 1 3 1 5 1 1 3 2 2
= 360 Simon Kinnear 2 1 3 1 5 1 1 3 1 4
7 540 Bazza 2 1 3 1 1 5 2 1 3 3
8 672 ... 1 1 3 2 4 1 2 WR 1 1
9 675 Doyle 1 1 5 5 1 3 1 3 3 1
10 720 Carl Wood 1 1 3 5 4 1 2 3 1 2
11 864 Jmol 1 2 3 1 4 1 6 3 1 2
12 1,120 cols123 2 1 2 2 5 1 2 7 2 1
13 1,440 yohinnchild 2 1 4 5 1 1 1 3 WR 2
14 1,536 Jonathan Morris 2 1 4 2 4 4 2 3 1 1
15 1,920 Wilf 2 1 5 2 4 1 1 6 2 2
16 3,240 Beyondthevoid 1 2 3 1 WR 1 6 3 1 3
17 3,456 timber-munki 2 1 3 2 4 1 3 6 2 2
18 5,760 Luke Curtis WR 1 5 1 1 4 6 4 2 1
= 5,760 Andrew Hodson 2 2 4 2 6 5 1 3 1 2
20 6,720 Dave Woodley 1 2 4 1 4 5 3 7 1 2
21 10,080 Bennunn 2 2 4 5 1 3 3 7 2 1
= 10,080 genesisrockz 2 1 4 2 WR 3 1 7 1 3
23 11,520 Chriskelk 3 2 WR 2 4 1 2 4 1 3
= 11,520 Chris Branigan 1 1 4 WR 3 1 2 6 2 4
25 12,960 Paulbarthur 1 2 WR 1 3 3 1 3 6 4
26 15,360 Llama Roddy 1 2 4 2 5 2 6 4 1 4
27 19,440 Lee Johnson 1 WR 5 1 6 1 2 6 3 3
28 20,160 Fortmap 1 1 4 1 6 5 6 WR 1 2
29 23,328 Peter Scandrett 3 2 3 2 3 3 3 6 2 2
30 24,192 Daniel Blythe 1 2 4 1 3 4 3 WR 3 2
31 31,104 Enter the Zarbi 3 WR 2 2 3 1 1 3 WR WR
32 34,560 Neil Toynay 1 2 4 2 3 5 WR 4 1 3
= 34,560 artyclarty 1 WR 4 5 1 3 2 6 1 WR
34 75,600 Aloysious 1 1 3 WR 5 2 6 7 3 2

Here is the complete list of answers given. Each list shows correct
answers in the order worst to best (most to least popular). >>>
indicates that the "more specific variant" scoring was used. I flew in
at 6:00am and am in bed with a throat infection, so this might be a bit
briefer than normal.

0. Name a story whose exact name features in that story's dialogue.

3 Rose
2 Castrovalva
2 Dalek
2 Meglos
2 The Armageddon Factor
2 The Aztecs
2 The Moonbase
1 Battlefield
1 Black Orchid
1 Curse of Peladon
1 Frontier in Space
1 Full Circle
1 Galaxy 4
1 Logopolis
1 Paradise Towers
1 Robot
1 The Ark
1 The Claws of Axos
1 The Dominators
1 The End of the World
1 The Greatest Show in the Galaxy
1 The Krotons
1 The Reign of Terror
1 The Silurians
1 The Talons of Weng-Chiang
Wrong
1 Shada (not broadcast)

Rule 4 makes it perfectly clear that unbroadcast stories don't count.

1. Name a character of whom no footage survives (telesnaps do not count
as footage).

2 Flower (The Savages)
2 Kemel (Evil of the Daleks)
2 Kuiji (Marco Polo)
2 Mrs Wiggs (The Celestial Toymaker)
2 Ping Cho (Marco Polo)
2 Toligny (The Massacre)
1 Achilles (The Myth Makers)
1 Admiral de Coligny (The Massacre)
1 Anne Chaplet (The Massacre)
1 Blossom Lefevre (Daleks Masterplan)
1 Captain Pike (The Smugglers)
1 Catherine de Medici (The Massacre)
1 Chenchu (Marco Polo)
1 Cyclops (The Myth Makers)
1 Dom Issigri (The Space Pirates)
1 Garge (Daleks Masterplan)
1 Ingmar Knopf (The Feast of Steven)
1 King Priam (The Myth Makers)
1 Ling-Tau (Marco Polo)
1 Medok (Macra Terror)
1 Menelaus (The Massacre)
1 Mollie (The Highlanders)
1 Pinto (The Faceless Ones)
1 Steinburger P Green (Daleks Masterplan)
1 Troilus (The Myth Makers)
Wrong
1 Churchwarden (not named)
1 Shakespeare (The Chase part one survives)
1 Station Sergeant (Daleks Masterplan) (not named)

Big collision on The Myth Makers, Marco Polo and a few others, but lots
of choice of characters. The entrant who submitted Shakespeare believed
this would be a correct answer on the grounds that The Doctor's
meeting with Shakespeare has not yet been transmitted, again falling
foul of rule 4. Of course, Shakespeare is also seen in The Chase.

Plus, if I say "Name a character", you have to provide a name.

2. Give a false name used in the credits of one or more episodes of
Doctor Who in order to conceal the identity of one or more
contributors.

5 Norman Ashby
4 Leon Ny Tai
4 Robin Bland
4 Stephen Harris
3 Guy Leopold
3 James Stoker
3 Neil Toynay
3 Sydney Wilson
2 David Agnew
1 Paula Moore
Wrong
1 Peter Agnew (it was David Agnew)
1 Portreeve (not concealing a contributor's identity)

One right answer not given was Roy Trommley (Terry Molloy's credit in
Remembrance of the Daleks). There may have been others. "Portreeve"
conceals The Master's identity, but he's not a "contributor";
had the credits read "Portreeve: Anthony Ainley" there would have
been no deception.

Clearly, professional names (like Peter Davison, who was born Peter
Moffet) are not right answers, but as far as I can tell, the Paula
Moore pseudonym was only ever used by Paula Woolsey/Eric Saward/Ian
Levine. Had Woolsey used it on other occasions, this would have been a
wrong answer.

3. Name a character killed by a Dalek.

5 Resno (The Power of the Daleks)
2 Dr Rajesh Singh (Doomsday)
2 Janley (Power of the Daleks)
2 Kennedy (Evil of the Daleks)
2 Nyder (Genesis of the Daleks)
2 Roderick (The Parting of the Ways)
2 Ronson (Genesis of the Daleks)
2 Vogel (Revelation)
1 Bywater (Dalek)
1 DJ (Revelation)
1 Edward Waterfield (Evil of the Daleks)
1 Governor Hensell (The Power of the Daleks)
1 Grigory (Revelation)
1 Hensell (The Power of the Daleks)
1 Hyksos (Daleks Masterplan)
1 Kebbel (Power of the Daleks)
1 Kert Gantry (Daleks Masterplan)
1 Kravos (Genesis of the Daleks)
1 Simmons (Dalek)
1 Trantis (Daleks Masterplan)
1 Zephon (Dalek Masterplan)
Wrong
1 Controller (Day of the Daleks) (Not named)
1 Davros (shot but not killed)

I can't even remember who Resno is, but he/she/it swept the board
here. Plus, I can only assume that the person who said Davros has only
seen classic Dalek stories up to Genesis...

4. Name a Doctor Who story in any medium for which Terrance Dicks
received sole writing credit.

6 Robot
>>> 3 Doctor Who and the Giant Robot
5 State of Decay
4 Catastrophea
4 Players
3 Blood Harvest
3 Timewyrm: Exodus
1 Christmas Truce (from Short Trips: A Christmas Treasury)
1 Horror of Fang Rock
1 The Eight Doctors
1 The Five Doctors
1 The Ultimate Adventure
1 Warmonger
1 World Game
Wrong
1 Doctor Who and The Invisible Enemy (not sole author)
1 Doctor Who and The Stones of Blood (not sole author)

The wording of the question was designed to exclude Uncle Terry's
target novelisations of other people's scripts - the original
author would generally get a credit inside the book.

Oddly, for someone with such a long history with the programme, Dicks
only wrote four solo scripts for it: Robot, Fang Rock, State of Decay
and The Five Doctors. All were mentioned and other works were generally
books.

5. Give the first and last name of any character played by Patrick
Troughton on television.

5 Stuart Pendleton (Thirty Minute Theatre)
4 Clement Attlee (Edward and Mrs Simpson)
3 Cole Hawlings (Box of Delights)
3 Harry Porter (Family at War)
2 Mortimer Tregennis (Sherlock Holmes)
1 Alan Breck (Kidnapped)
1 Andrew Ffoulkes (Scarlet Pimpernell)
1 Arbuthnot Dampier (The Onedin Line)
1 Bob Dyson (The Naked Lady)
1 Bob Parker (Z Cars)
1 Charles Wogan (Clementina)
1 Eddie Goldsmith
1 Harry Bangate (Swallows and Amazons Forever)
1 Israel Hands (Treasure Island)
1 Jasper Shrig (Detective)
1 Jim Goody (The Befrienders)
1 John McBride (Espionage)
1 John Millen (Survivors)
1 Lake Settle (The Splendid Spur)
1 Reg Crofts (The Sweeney)
1 Roger Riderhood (Our Mutual Friend)
1 Thomas Howard (Six Wives of Henry VIII)

Lots of choice, and easy to check on IMDB.

6. Name any aspect of the programme which remained exactly the same at
the start of Season 18 as it had been at the end of Season 17.

6 Dick Mills credited for Special Sound
3 Broadcast on Saturdays
3 Lalla Ward played Romana
2 Progamme is called "Doctor Who"
2 Every story had multiple episodes
>>> 1 Every story four episodes long
2 Featured The Doctor
2 June Hudson as costume designer
2 TARDIS is shaped like a blue box
>>> 1 TARDIS is shaped like a police box
2 Tom Baker plays The Doctor
>>> 1 Tom Baker credited as Doctor Who
1 Lead character credited as "Doctor Who"
1 Broadcast on BBC1
1 Chameleon circuit still broken
1 Episodes begin with cliffhanger reprise
1 Episodes lasted 25 minutes
1 No humans on the TARDIS
1 Randomiser still fitted to TARDIS
1 TARDIS Console
1 Tom Baker's eyes are the same colour
Wrong
1 John Nathan-Turner was a member of the production team (not
exactly the same)

A few marginal calls here on MSV scoring, but I'm satisfied with my
rulings. How Dick Mills swept the board, I've no idea.

The shape of the TARDIS was one of the trap answers, since
Nathan-Turner had a new police box prop built, but the TARDIS does
still look like a police box / a blue box.

On the other hand, JNT's position on the production team clear was
not "exactly the same".

7. Name a one word story title which cannot be transformed into two
standard English words by adding a space. (The phrase "adding a space"
does not imply any other re-ordering of characters.)

7 Survival
6 Dalek
4 Meglos
3 Castrovalva
3 Frontios
3 Robot
3 Terminus
1 Rose
Wrong
2 Shada (not broadcast)
1 Battle[ ]field
1 Kind[]a

Battlefield and Kinda are obviously wrong. Shada is as wrong as it was
on question 0 and for the same reason, but "Shad" is also an
English word.

The only right answer not given was Enlightenment.

8. Name something which appeared or was referred to for the first time
in a script credited to "Robert Holmes", which later appeared or was
referred to in at least one script by another writer.

6 The Master
>>> 3 The Master's TARDIS
>>> 2 TCE
3 Rutans
>>> 1 Rutans war with Sontarans
3 Space Station Nerva
>>> 1 Transmat system
2 Autons (Terror of the Autons, Rose)
2 Metebelis III (Carnival of Monsters, Planet of the Spiders)
2 Sabalom Glitz (The Mysterious Planet, Dragonfire)
2 Sarah Jane Smith
>>> 1 Sarah Jane Smith's Yellow Anorak
1 51st century Time Agents (Weng-Chiang, The Empty Child)
1 Drashig (Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space)
1 Jo Grant (Terror of the Autons, many others)
1 Liz Shaw (Spearhead from Space, Inferno)
1 Mind Probe (Space Pirates, Frontier in Space)
1 Ogron (Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space)
1 Courtroom in Trial)
1 Nestene Consciousness
1 Sontaran Helmet
1 The Black Guardian
1 The Key to Time
1 The Key to the Matrix
Wrong
1 Aunt Lavina (Time Warrior only)
1 Gallifrey (first seen in The War Games)

MSV scoring means that The Master is the worst answer by some way,
despite only being submitted by one entrant. The TCE was not named as
such in Terror of the Autons, but it was seen. That knocks out
Gallifrey as an answer since it was first seen in The War Games, albeit
not named until The Time Warrior.

The entrant who submitted Aunt Lavinia had K9 and Company in mind,
again falling foul of rule 4.

The Key to the Matrix sneaks in by virtual of Trial episodes 13 and 14.

9. Name someone who has composed music for Doctor Who.

4 Malcolm Clarke
3 Jonathan Gibbs
3 Raymond Jones
2 David Snell (Paradise Towers)
2 Dominic Glynn
2 Geoffrey Burgon
2 Liz Parker
2 Mark Ayres
2 Norman Kay
2 Roger Limb
1 Cary Blyton
1 Don Harper
1 Dudley Simpson
1 Humphrey Searle
1 Keff McCulloch
1 Louis Febre
1 Richard Hartley
1 Stanley Myers
Wrong
1 Dick Mills (special sound)
1 J F Mitchell (not composed for Doctor Who)

Composed music for means you can't include people who wrote music for
other things, which was later included in Doctor Who. J F Mitchell
wrote "That's The Way to the Zoo".

I was forced to include David Snell as a correct answer, despite rule
4. Paradise Towers is in the scope of the contest and Snell wrote music
for it. It wasn't used, but it still satisfies all the criteria of
the question. Luckily, no-one else spotted this loophole or I would
have been forced to include fan scores (I assume they exist).

Dudley Simpson was only named once and Murray Gold was not named by
anyone.

Many thanks to all who took part.

I am now going back to bed.

Cheers

Tom

The Doctor

Sep 11, 2006, 9:08:38 AM9/11/06
In article <1157974781.6...@q16g2000cwq.googlegroups.com>,

Oh well thank you Lio for not getting these questions posted on hte
newsgroups.

Bazza

Sep 11, 2006, 2:48:52 PM9/11/06
> 5. Give the first and last name of any character played by Patrick
> Troughton on television.
>
> 5 Stuart Pendleton (Thirty Minute Theatre)

...I'm totally gob-smacked that FOUR other people also picked Stuart
Pendleton!!! Of all the chracters Troghton has played I really didn't think
any other entrant would have plugged for this one!

Had I picked a "1" answer on this one I'd have won at a score of 108. Damn
you other people who picked Stuart Pendleton!!!

Baz

The Doctor

Sep 11, 2006, 6:18:54 PM9/11/06
In article <ociNg.22176$89....@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,

Oh well. Not rare enough.

Major ChrisB

Sep 11, 2006, 8:38:47 PM9/11/06

<tomsa...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

I dont think I've seen many earlier than Genesis....I know Davros is in
future episodes but he was killed by the daleks according to Gallifrey One's
episode synopsis.

"What Davros has done is to ensure that his mutants have an overriding
instinct to survive, resulting in a totally ruthless life form which sees
all other creatures as a potential threat to itself. The Daleks intend to
survive by systematically destroying all life which is not Dalek. This
begins with the destruction of most of the Thals but soon moves to include
the Kaled Elite Scientific Corps and ultimately Davros himself."

I would have considered Captain Jack to be a correct answer too as he was
killed only to be brough back, I never used it though as I expected others
to say the same thing.

The Doctor

Sep 11, 2006, 8:52:02 PM9/11/06
In article <CknNg.53$w63...@fe78.usenetserver.com>,

Davros is not dead as of Remembrance.

tomsa...@googlemail.com

Sep 12, 2006, 5:49:12 AM9/12/06

It's certainly implied that Davros is killed by his Daleks at the end
of Genesis, but we never see it happen, so when he turns up alive in
Destiny we are forced to conclude that he was not, in fact, killed.

Ian Chesterton was shot by a Dalek and merely paralysed, so it's not
impossible to survive their weapons.

As to Captain Jack, I'm glad I didn't have to rule on that one!!

Cheers

Tom

tomsa...@googlemail.com

Sep 12, 2006, 2:17:22 PM9/12/06
Not my most accurate marking. Suffering from a hideous cold and no
sleep, I just tried to get the results up as quickly as I could.
Here's what's changed (and also what is staying the same).

Ogrons: I checked so carefully that Ogrons were mentioned in Carnival
of Monsters and didn't even think about Day of the Daleks. This
should be marked wrong.

Weng Chiang: I'm fairly sure that Greels screams "The Talons of
Weng-Chiang will shred your fleeeeesh" at one point. Can anyone
verify?

Captain Pike: My plan was to check all the answers to this question
against a list of surviving clips, but in my haste I completely
neglected to do this. I will do it later today and let you know if
there are any other rogue answers. For now, this answer at least is
marked wrong.

Episodes lasted 25 minutes: Yes, clearly wrong. They were never exactly
25 minutes long, and were noticeably shorter at the beginning of Season
18 than at the end of Season 17. Had the answer been "Occupied a 25
minute broadcast slot" I would have marked it correct.

TARDIS console: I was deliberately vague about "start of Season
18". The TARDIS console doesn't have to appear in the first minute
of the first episode of The Leisure Hive to count. I'm aware that the
console room was redesigned for Meglos but I thought the console itself
was the same prop. This stays marked corrected for now.

The Silurians: By my definition of story title, "Doctor Who and The
Silurians" it is, so this is a wrong answer.

Ter[ ]Minus: Ter does not feature in The Oxford Concise Dictionary
except as an abbreviation. Dictionary.com is a bit too liberal in its
inclusions for my taste, but it might make more sense to specify this
in future. I'll mull. This is correct for now though. "Ment"
likewise, is only given as a suffix.

JNT: You've got to have quite a lot of chutzpah to claim that JNT's
membership of the production team stayed exactly the same between Nimon
and The Leisure Hive. The question did not say "Name a fact which was
true at the end of the Season 17 and still true at the start of Season
18", it said "exactly the same". This stays wrong.

Tom Baker plays The Doctor (1): Peter Davison plays The Doctor at the
end of Season 18, not the beginning.

Cliffhanger reprises: Given how loose the wording of the question was,
I am happy to interpret this answer as "Where cliffhanger reprises
are appropriate, they are still included".

Tom Baker plays The Doctor (2): Given the three answers "Lead
character is credited as Doctor Who", "Tom Baker plays The
Doctor" and "Tom Baker is credited as Doctor Who", it seemed
obvious that MSV scoring was going to come into play, but these answers
are all curiously self-reliant. Having considered treating them all as
separate answers and treating them all as equivalent answers, I
eventually reasoned that the last two answers are about Tom Baker being
the star, and that since he must first be the star in order to be
credited in the title role, answer 2 was a LSV of answer 3. Answer 1 is
about who the lead character is and so seemed to better warrant a place
on its own (since who the lead character is has no relation to who
plays him or her). Not a perfect solution, but I think the best of a
bad bunch.

Here is the revised score table

RANK SCORE ENTRANT Q0 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9

1 126 drzumbro 1 1 3 2 3 1 1 7 1 1
2 140 John Dorney 1 1 5 2 1 1 1 7 1 2
3 324 Guy Leopold 1 1 3 1 1 4 3 3 3 1
4 336 exterminateallhumans 2 2 1 1 3 1 1 WR 1 2
5 360 Dave Jones 2 1 3 1 5 1 1 3 2 2

6 540 Bazza 2 1 3 1 1 5 2 1 3 3
7 675 Doyle 1 1 5 5 1 3 1 3 3 1
8 720 Carl Wood 1 1 3 5 4 1 2 3 1 2
9 864 Jmol 1 2 3 1 4 1 6 3 1 2
10 1,120 cols123 2 1 2 2 5 1 2 7 2 1
11 1,440 yohinnchild 2 1 4 5 1 1 1 3 WR 2
12 1,536 Jonathan Morris 2 1 4 2 4 4 2 3 1 1
13 1,920 Wilf 2 1 5 2 4 1 1 6 2 2
14 3,240 Beyondthevoid 1 2 3 1 WR 1 6 3 1 3
15 3,456 timber-munki 2 1 3 2 4 1 3 6 2 2
16 4,032 ... WR 1 3 2 4 1 2 WR 1 1
17 4,320 Simon Kinnear 2 1 3 1 5 1 WR 3 1 4

18 5,760 Luke Curtis WR 1 5 1 1 4 6 4 2 1
= 5,760 Andrew Hodson 2 2 4 2 6 5 1 3 1 2
20 6,720 Dave Woodley 1 2 4 1 4 5 3 7 1 2
21 10,080 Bennunn 2 2 4 5 1 3 3 7 2 1

22 11,520 Chriskelk 3 2 WR 2 4 1 2 4 1 3

= 11,520 Chris Branigan 1 1 4 WR 3 1 2 6 2 4

24 12,960 Paulbarthur 1 2 WR 1 3 3 1 3 6 4
25 15,360 Llama Roddy 1 2 4 2 5 2 6 4 1 4
26 19,440 Lee Johnson 1 WR 5 1 6 1 2 6 3 3
27 20,160 Fortmap 1 1 4 1 6 5 6 WR 1 2
28 23,328 Peter Scandrett 3 2 3 2 3 3 3 6 2 2
29 24,192 Daniel Blythe 1 2 4 1 3 4 3 WR 3 2
30 31,104 Enter the Zarbi 3 WR 2 2 3 1 1 3 WR WR
31 34,560 artyclarty 1 WR 4 5 1 3 2 6 1 WR
= 34,560 Neil Toynay 1 2 4 2 3 5 WR 4 1 3
33 60,480 genesisrockz 2 1 4 2 WR 3 1 7 WR 3

34 75,600 Aloysious 1 1 3 WR 5 2 6 7 3 2

Cheers

Tom

The Doctor

Sep 12, 2006, 5:26:53 PM9/12/06
In article <1158085042....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

Get a spreadsheet programme To do all your work.