Utopia

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 11:04:43 AM2/4/16
Great moments: The TARDIS parking on the Cardiff Time Rift to refuel.

Jack Harkness jumping onto the TARDIS just as it dematerializes, causing it to travel at least 100 trillion years into the future!

Why do the sharp toothed humanoids hate real humans so much?

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 11:14:36 AM2/4/16
Great moments: Jack Harkness being abandoned by the Doctor in the year 200,100, attempting to jump to the early 21st century, ending up in 1869 with a burnt out Vortex Manipulator, and having to live through the entire 20th century!

Given how much the Universe will have spread out by the year 100 Trillion (and with all the stars having burnt out), I find it amazing that the TARDIS was able to find a planet to land on, and that said planet was still habitable!

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 11:26:23 AM2/4/16
Great moments: Jack Harkness being in possession of the hand the Doctor lost during "The Christmas Invasion"! He used the hand to detect the Doctor.

The drums inside Professor Yana's head.

How did a sharp toothed humanoid "Future Kind" person get inside the human encampment? (The guards check the teeth).

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 11:36:16 AM2/4/16
How many people were on that ship? How many people actually reached Utopia?

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 12:07:35 PM2/4/16
Great moments: Jack Harkness recounting how he discovered his immortality (fight at Ellis Island, falling off a cliff, World Wars, poison, starvation, a javelin).

The Doctor being able to sense Jack Harkness because his immortality makes him a "fixed point in time". Is that how he could sense fellow Time Lords if they haven't stored themselves in fob watches?

Professor Yana being jarred by terms such as "TARDIS", "Time travel", "The Time Vortex" "regeneration".

Yana showing Martha his nonfunctional fob watch, which was found on him when he was a child. Martha recognizing the watch as the same one the Doctor recently used to turn himself human. She has clearly realized that Yana is a Chameleon Arched Time Lord! She goes to warn the Doctor, and reminds him about the Face of Boe having told him that "You Are Not Alone (which "Yana is short for!). The Doctor seems skeptical.

Yana opening the watch, restoring him as a Time Lord.

Yana locking the Doctor in a room, and letting the Future Kinders in, and electrocuting his insectoid assistant for not having drawn his attention to the watch earlier. Did she KNOW that he was a rogue Time Lord?

Yana announcing that he is "The Master"!

Yana being shot by his insectoid assistant, getting inside the TARDIS, regenerating, and waving good bye as he prepares to depart.

The Doctor frying the TARDIS circuits so that the Master can only commute between the early 21st century and the very far future. How will the Master traverse space tp reach Utopia so that he can prepare the Utopia humans in their Toclafane shells to travel back to the earth 21st century?

The Doctor seems quite excited that there is actually another Time Lord alive! The fact that he is the Master doesn't seem to matter. (At what point did the Doctor realize that Yana was the Master?).

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 3:02:53 PM2/4/16
Professor Yana says that he was found as a naked child with a fob watch on the Shores of the Silver Devastation. When Yana opens the fob watch, he returns to being the Master. This means that the Master turned himself into a CHILD! Why would he turn himself into a child?

Is the Master's TARDIS standing on the Shores of the Silver Devastation?

Were Cybermen responsible for the Silver Devastation?

The Other Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 3:49:12 PM2/4/16

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
>Professor Yana says that he was found as a naked child with a fob watch on
>the Shores of
>the Silver Devastation. When Yana opens the fob watch, he returns to being
>the Master.
>This means that the Master turned himself into a CHILD! Why would he turn
>himself into
>a child?

Why does it mean that? It might not mean that at all. It might mean that
when the Master used the Chameleon Arch to become human, it not only altered
his biology but also implanted false memories.

>Is the Master's TARDIS standing on the Shores of the Silver Devastation?

I've no idea.

>Were Cybermen responsible for the Silver Devastation?

Why should they be?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 5:13:48 PM2/4/16
In article <8c325c66-6027-416b...@googlegroups.com>,
I have no idea.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Broadcasting the truth for 25 years

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 5:14:24 PM2/4/16
In article <b418bb63-2058-4ae1...@googlegroups.com>,
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>How many people were on that ship? How many people actually reached Utopia?

Billions?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 5:15:03 PM2/4/16
In article <ab63fe55-592d-4c5d...@googlegroups.com>,
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>Great moments: Jack Harkness recounting how he discovered his immortality (=
>fight at Ellis Island, falling off a cliff, World Wars, poison, starvation,=
> a javelin).
>
>The Doctor being able to sense Jack Harkness because his immortality makes =
>him a "fixed point in time". Is that how he could sense fellow Time Lords =
>if they haven't stored themselves in fob watches?
>
>Professor Yana being jarred by terms such as "TARDIS", "Time travel", "The =
>Time Vortex" "regeneration".
>
>Yana showing Martha his nonfunctional fob watch, which was found on him whe=
>n he was a child. Martha recognizing the watch as the same one the Doctor =
>recently used to turn himself human. She has clearly realized that Yana is=
> a Chameleon Arched Time Lord! She goes to warn the Doctor, and reminds hi=
>m about the Face of Boe having told him that "You Are Not Alone (which "Yan=
>a is short for!). The Doctor seems skeptical.
>
>Yana opening the watch, restoring him as a Time Lord.
>
>Yana locking the Doctor in a room, and letting the Future Kinders in, and e=
>lectrocuting his insectoid assistant for not having drawn his attention to =
>the watch earlier. Did she KNOW that he was a rogue Time Lord?
>
>Yana announcing that he is "The Master"!
>
>Yana being shot by his insectoid assistant, getting inside the TARDIS, rege=
>nerating, and waving good bye as he prepares to depart.
>
>The Doctor frying the TARDIS circuits so that the Master can only commute b=
>etween the early 21st century and the very far future. How will the Master=
> traverse space tp reach Utopia so that he can prepare the Utopia humans in=
> their Toclafane shells to travel back to the earth 21st century?
>
>The Doctor seems quite excited that there is actually another Time Lord ali=
>ve! The fact that he is the Master doesn't seem to matter. (At what point=
> did the Doctor realize that Yana was the Master?).

Y.A.N.A. - You are not alone.

The Other Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 5:28:00 PM2/4/16

"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
> In article <8c325c66-6027-416b...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>>Great moments: The TARDIS parking on the Cardiff Time Rift to refuel.
>>
>>Jack Harkness jumping onto the TARDIS just as it dematerializes, causing
>>it to travel at least 100 trillion years into the future!
>>
>>Why do the sharp toothed humanoids hate real humans so much?
>
> I have no idea.

Surprise, surprise. I suppose you've no idea why some white humans hate
black humans either (and vice versa). And I'm sure you have no idea at all
why you hate atheists, communists and Catholics so much. But if you did,
you'd know why sharp toothed humanoids hated "real" humans.

The Other Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 5:29:09 PM2/4/16

"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
Wow - you're a font of information tonight! Do you think anyone who watched
the story wasn't aware of that?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 6:06:14 PM2/4/16
In article <UgQsy.716201$a_7.1...@fx43.am4>,
Boe hint did stick out.

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 6:52:30 PM2/4/16
I wonder if the sharp toothed guys were in residence before the "real" smooth toothed humans arrived on a refugee ship. Then we would have sharp tooth = Palestinians, and smooth tooth = Jews/Israelis.

I wonder if the sharp toothers will do anything constructive with the base they now control.

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 6:54:53 PM2/4/16
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 2:15:03 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <ab63fe55-592d-4c5d...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >
> >The Doctor seems quite excited that there is actually another Time Lord ali=
> >ve! The fact that he is the Master doesn't seem to matter. (At what point=
> > did the Doctor realize that Yana was the Master?).
>
> Y.A.N.A. - You are not alone.

Why did the Master choose that particular acronym as his human name?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 7:35:58 PM2/4/16
In article <28ba3a09-96b7-4b21...@googlegroups.com>,
Ask Jack / Boe .

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 7:39:20 PM2/4/16
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:35:58 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <28ba3a09-96b7-4b21...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 2:15:03 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Y.A.N.A. - You are not alone.
> >
> >Why did the Master choose that particular acronym as his human name?
>
> Ask Jack / Boe .

How would they know? When did the Master share with them his naming rationale?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 7:45:08 PM2/4/16
In article <454b36b3-caa2-4697...@googlegroups.com>,
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:35:58 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <28ba3a09-96b7-4b21...@googlegroups.com>,
>> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

>> >Why did the Master choose that particular acronym as his human name?
>>
>> Ask Jack / Boe .
>
>How would they know? When did the Master share with them his naming rationale?

You have to watch Gridlock (Boe - You are not alone) and
Jack who accompanies the Doctor on these 3.

Timothy Bruening

Feb 4, 2016, 7:51:17 PM2/4/16
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:45:08 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <454b36b3-caa2-4697...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:35:58 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Ask Jack / Boe .
> >
> >How would they know? When did the Master share with them his naming rationale?
>
> You have to watch Gridlock (Boe - You are not alone) and
> Jack who accompanies the Doctor on these 3.

I don't recall the Face of Boe telling the Doctor why the Master chose to call himself "Yana". Nor do I recall Jack Harkness doing so.

Why would the Master use an ENGLISH acronym?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2016, 8:29:58 PM2/4/16
In article <4e4a39e5-7651-4e2f...@googlegroups.com>,
Look carfully at the Doctor's flashback

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 10:49:41 PM2/4/16
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 5:29:58 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <4e4a39e5-7651-4e2f...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:45:08 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> You have to watch Gridlock (Boe - You are not alone) and
> >> Jack who accompanies the Doctor on these 3.
> >
> >I don't recall the Face of Boe telling the Doctor why the Master chose to call himself "Yana". Nor do I recall Jack Harkness doing so.
> >
> >Why would the Master use an ENGLISH acronym?
>
> Look carfully at the Doctor's flashback

I do remember the flashback Boe saying "You Are Not Alone" and the word "Yana". I don't recall Boe saying anything about why the Master would use an English acronym when he's a Gallifreyan.

TB

Feb 4, 2016, 10:56:12 PM2/4/16
BBC America showed Utopia this morning, but isn't going to show Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords tomorrow morning! Its going to show Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel instead!

The Last Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 2:11:41 AM2/5/16
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:35:58 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <28ba3a09-96b7-4b21...@googlegroups.com>,
>> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

>>> Why did the Master choose that particular acronym as his human name?
>>
>> Ask Jack / Boe .
>
> How would they know? When did the Master share with them his naming rationale?

"They" is "he", specifically Boe.

To address your second point first, there was no rationale. Professor Yana
was a human persona created in the act of turning the Master "human" to
live his life out among humans at the end of time, hiding from the Time
War. When he selected that name, the Timelords still existed. So neither he
nor the Doctor were alone.

Jack learned that the Master had been Yana in "Utopia". At the time of
"Gridlock" this lies in the Doctor's near future (and objectively in the
remote future) but in Jack-as-Boe's far distant past.

Over the billennia Jack became the Face of Boe, somehow. He wanted to warn
the Doctor about the Master, but had to do it subtly so as not to interfere
with future events, so came up with a mnemonic hint that the Doctor
wouldn't be able to puzzle out until he encountered Yana and was trying to
piece together the mystery. The whole Yana = You Are Not Alone clue is
entirely Boe's invention, offering comfort of a sort to the Doctor (and who
would know more about loneliness than Boe?) while also planting a
subliminal "alert" for the future.

--
"I am and always will be the optimist.
The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."

The Other Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 7:34:25 AM2/5/16

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Because RTD thought it was clever. But to be fair, he was only carrying on a
tradition. Just as an example, have you spotted that Tremas from the Keeper
of Traken is an anagram of Master? Then there was Sir Gilles Estram in the
King's Demons. And in the Radio Times, the actor who played the Master -
Anthony Ainley - was listed as James Stoker, an anagram of Master's Joke.

The Other Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 8:05:24 AM2/5/16

"Timothy Bruening" <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
So let's say the Master called himself Professor Nyyebeh. When it was
revealed that this is an acronymn for "You Are Not Alone", would you have
thought "Oh, but of course!" It doesn't really work, does it. Even though
Nyyebeh is actually an acronym of You Are Not Alone. Just not an English
one.

The Master used an ENGLISH acronymn because the writer of the stories speaks
English (and quite possibly the same language my acronym above derives from)
and he was writing the stories for an English speaking audience.

And again, as I've suggested in earlier posts about the rationale for using
miles, for all we know he used a completely different language which was
translated into English by the TARDIS.

The Other Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 8:08:27 AM2/5/16

"The Last Doctor" <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote in message
Although I would suggest that it is left suitably ambiguous as to whether
Jack really did become the Face of Boe. In my "head canon" the 2 characters
are not one and the same.

TB

Feb 5, 2016, 10:20:27 AM2/5/16
I find it amazing that the Gallifreyan acronym for "You Are Not Alone" would happen to translate as "Yana".

TB

Feb 5, 2016, 10:23:54 AM2/5/16
I find it amazing that the Master would just happen to choose a name that the Face of Boe could use as a mnemonic clue!

The Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 10:30:00 AM2/5/16
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
The Doctor is Gallifreyan and still uses an English Title
like the master.

The Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 10:32:53 AM2/5/16
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
: BBC America showed Utopia this morning, but isn't going to show Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords tomorrow morning! Its going to show Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel instead!

Their perrogative.

The Other Doctor

Feb 5, 2016, 1:18:56 PM2/5/16

>> > Why would the Master use an ENGLISH acronym?
>>
>> So let's say the Master called himself Professor Nyyebeh. When it was
>> revealed that this is an acronymn for "You Are Not Alone", would you have
>> thought "Oh, but of course!" It doesn't really work, does it. Even though
>> Nyyebeh is actually an acronym of You Are Not Alone. Just not an English
>> one.
>>
>> The Master used an ENGLISH acronymn because the writer of the stories
>> speaks
>> English (and quite possibly the same language my acronym above derives
>> from)
>> and he was writing the stories for an English speaking audience.
>>
>> And again, as I've suggested in earlier posts about the rationale for
>> using
>> miles, for all we know he used a completely different language which was
>> translated into English by the TARDIS.
>
> I find it amazing that the Gallifreyan acronym for "You Are Not Alone"
> would happen to translate as "Yana".

Yes. Quite preposterous.

And it's quite amazing that the Doctor's arch enemy would call himself Yana
as a way to send a coded message to the Doctor.

It's preposterous that 2 aliens look exactly like human beings, and that
both are so secretive that they are unable to tell anybody their names, just
take titles from the planet Earth.

It's completely preposterous to come up with the idea of an alien who
travels through time and space in a machine that looks like a police box
from England, circa 1960. A box which is bigger on the inside.

And nobody in their right mind would invent a bunch of aliens who go around
conquering planets, despite the fact they have no arms or legs - just a
solitary eye, a sink plunger and a ray gun.

TB

Feb 5, 2016, 2:26:56 PM2/5/16
On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 10:18:56 AM UTC-8, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> >> So let's say the Master called himself Professor Nyyebeh. When it was
> >> revealed that this is an acronymn for "You Are Not Alone", would you have
> >> thought "Oh, but of course!" It doesn't really work, does it. Even though
> >> Nyyebeh is actually an acronym of You Are Not Alone. Just not an English
> >> one.
> >>
> >> The Master used an ENGLISH acronymn because the writer of the stories
> >> speaks
> >> English (and quite possibly the same language my acronym above derives
> >> from)
> >> and he was writing the stories for an English speaking audience.
> >>
> >> And again, as I've suggested in earlier posts about the rationale for
> >> using
> >> miles, for all we know he used a completely different language which was
> >> translated into English by the TARDIS.
> >
> > I find it amazing that the Gallifreyan acronym for "You Are Not Alone"
> > would happen to translate as "Yana".
>
> Yes. Quite preposterous.
>
> And it's quite amazing that the Doctor's arch enemy would call himself Yana
> as a way to send a coded message to the Doctor.

Especially since the Master was over 100 trillion years in the future, so would have no reasonable expectation of ever encountering the Doctor!

Tim Bruening

Jul 2, 2016, 10:44:30 PM7/2/16
Professor Yana/The Master was found as a child in the Silver Devastation.

Title Bunny: The Silver Devastation: The Doctor battles Cybermen 100 trillion years in the future, resulting in the Silver Devastation. One of the participants in the battle is a Time War era Master, who afterwards uses the Chemeleon Arch to hide from his enemies.

The Doctor

Jul 3, 2016, 8:13:29 AM7/3/16
In article <aafdda57-8e8b-496d...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Professor Yana/The Master was found as a child in the Silver Devastation.
>
>Title Bunny: The Silver Devastation: The Doctor battles Cybermen 100 trilli=
>on years in the future, resulting in the Silver Devastation. One of the pa=
>rticipants in the battle is a Time War era Master, who afterwards uses the =
>Chemeleon Arch to hide from his enemies.

How long did it take for cybermen to die out?
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Language is the source of misunderstandings. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

TB

Aug 18, 2016, 10:10:53 AM8/18/16
Why do the Future Kinders hate humans so much?

TB

Aug 18, 2016, 10:13:05 AM8/18/16
I find it amazing that with over 100 trillion years of time, and a vastly expanded universe to choose from, the TARDIS just happened to arrive at Yana's planet during his human timetime!

Tim Bruening

Aug 18, 2016, 9:43:20 PM8/18/16
On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 7:10:53 AM UTC-7, TB wrote:
> Why do the Future Kinders hate humans so much?

How did a Future Kinder get into the ship? Did he bribe the guards? (Is there still money 100 Trillion years in the future?).

Timothy Bruening

Feb 4, 2019, 12:28:30 AM2/4/19
How will Vortex Manipulator transport 3 people back in time 100 trillion years after this S3E11 episode?

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2019, 12:32:26 AM2/4/19
In article <2ce02fd5-2fcb-4b47...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>How will Vortex Manipulator transport 3 people back in time 100 trillion
>years after this S3E11 episode?

Energy.
Anonymity is the truest expression of altruism. -Eric Gibson

Timothy Bruening

Feb 4, 2019, 12:45:20 AM2/4/19
On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 9:32:26 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <2ce02fd5-2fcb-4b47...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >How will Vortex Manipulator transport 3 people back in time 100 trillion
> >years after this S3E11 episode?
>
> Energy.

Must need a lot!

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2019, 1:10:03 AM2/4/19
In article <84c37115-4159-4202...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 9:32:26 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <2ce02fd5-2fcb-4b47...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >How will Vortex Manipulator transport 3 people back in time 100 trillion
>> >years after this S3E11 episode?
>>
>> Energy.
>
>Must need a lot!

Eye of harmony's worth.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2021, 5:18:15 PM8/18/21
1873, 1874, 1875 On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 10:10:03 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <84c37115-4159-4202...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 9:32:26 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Energy.
> >
> >Must need a lot!
> Eye of harmony's worth.

The same one that energizes Gallifrey?

The Doctor

Aug 18, 2021, 7:02:25 PM8/18/21
In article <af9e69d7-a42b-4482...@googlegroups.com>,
And Time travel.
Canada on 20 Sept 2021 vote ! Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbru...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2021, 12:08:31 AM8/31/21
3214 On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 3:52:30 PM UTC-8, tsbru...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 2:28:00 PM UTC-8, The Other Doctor wrote:
> > "The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

> > > I have no idea.
> >
> > Surprise, surprise. I suppose you've no idea why some white humans hate
> > black humans either (and vice versa). And I'm sure you have no idea at all
> > why you hate atheists, communists and Catholics so much. But if you did,
> > you'd know why sharp toothed humanoids hated "real" humans.
> I wonder if the sharp toothed guys were in residence before the "real" smooth toothed humans arrived on a refugee ship. Then we would have sharp tooth = Palestinians, and smooth tooth = Jews/Israelis.
>
> I wonder if the sharp toothers will do anything constructive with the base they now control.

Build high tech weapons to conquer universe?

The Doctor

Aug 31, 2021, 12:11:01 AM8/31/21
In article <8524564c-1fda-4208...@googlegroups.com>,
Good luck.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2021, 12:41:52 AM8/31/21
Sharp-toothers remind me of Taliban.

The Doctor

Aug 31, 2021, 8:52:28 AM8/31/21
In article <04ef7c54-89c8-4d53...@googlegroups.com>,
Like yourself?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2021, 9:49:31 AM8/31/21
I am neither sharp toothed nor a Taliban.

%

Aug 31, 2021, 3:24:00 PM8/31/21
yes you are

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2021, 3:33:35 PM8/31/21
A sharp toothed Taliban?

The Doctor

Aug 31, 2021, 6:29:02 PM8/31/21
In article <0b100f61-1b85-4857...@googlegroups.com>,
The way you post repeated spamtroll on Net says otherwise.

The Doctor

Aug 31, 2021, 6:39:57 PM8/31/21
In article <-vKdncetYq1XHLP8...@giganews.com>,
His spamtrolling posts are proof!

The Doctor

Aug 31, 2021, 6:42:39 PM8/31/21
In article <4ca81cad-39a9-4c4b...@googlegroups.com>,
By your spamtrolling!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 12:52:18 AM1/28/22
3225 On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 12:49:12 PM UTC-8, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> >Professor Yana says that he was found as a naked child with a fob watch on
> >the Shores of
> >the Silver Devastation. When Yana opens the fob watch, he returns to being
> >the Master.
> >This means that the Master turned himself into a CHILD! Why would he turn
> >himself into
> >a child?
> Why does it mean that? It might not mean that at all. It might mean that
> when the Master used the Chameleon Arch to become human, it not only altered
> his biology but also implanted false memories.
> >Is the Master's TARDIS standing on the Shores of the Silver Devastation?
> I've no idea.
> >Were Cybermen responsible for the Silver Devastation?
> Why should they be?

Because they are silver.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 12:54:00 AM1/28/22
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:35:58 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <28ba3a09-96b7-4b21...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 2:15:03 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Y.A.N.A. - You are not alone.
> >
> >Why did the Master choose that particular acronym as his human name?
> Ask Jack / Boe .

How would they know?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 12:59:34 AM1/28/22
3226 On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 11:11:41 PM UTC-8, The Last Doctor wrote:
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> > How would they know? When did the Master share with them his naming rationale?
> >
> "They" is "he", specifically Boe.
>
> To address your second point first, there was no rationale. Professor Yana
> was a human persona created in the act of turning the Master "human" to
> live his life out among humans at the end of time, hiding from the Time
> War. When he selected that name, the Timelords still existed. So neither he
> nor the Doctor were alone.
>
> Jack learned that the Master had been Yana in "Utopia". At the time of
> "Gridlock" this lies in the Doctor's near future (and objectively in the
> remote future) but in Jack-as-Boe's far distant past.
>
> Over the billennia Jack became the Face of Boe, somehow. He wanted to warn
> the Doctor about the Master, but had to do it subtly so as not to interfere
> with future events, so came up with a mnemonic hint that the Doctor
> wouldn't be able to puzzle out until he encountered Yana and was trying to
> piece together the mystery. The whole Yana = You Are Not Alone clue is
> entirely Boe's invention, offering comfort of a sort to the Doctor (and who
> would know more about loneliness than Boe?) while also planting a
> subliminal "alert" for the future.

I'm amazed that Boe could remember events over 5 billion years! Ashildr had memory problems after only a few centuries!

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:03:12 AM1/28/22
In article <3a2830de-a0bc-4309...@googlegroups.com>,
2 of the unholy trinity of radw thus communed
making rec.arts.drwho into hell!
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:03:33 AM1/28/22
In article <6a74ccf0-9299-4ccd...@googlegroups.com>,
They are the one would told the Doctor!

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:03:58 AM1/28/22
In article <8f78fc6b-8ec5-46fd...@googlegroups.com>,
Does she?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 10:21:00 AM1/28/22
She had to keep extensive diaries. I wonder how much memory she lost before she realized that there was a problem?

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:48:55 AM1/28/22
In article <28c7564e-93c7-4e3a...@googlegroups.com>,
She had to leave them behind.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 1:29:43 PM1/28/22
You say that she solved the memory problem?

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 6:25:01 PM1/28/22

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 6:40:43 PM1/28/22
Then how does your statement rebut my statement?

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 6:43:14 PM1/28/22
In article <9473b1a7-c85d-49a7...@googlegroups.com>,
After billions of years of existece?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 9:30:04 PM1/28/22
Are you inferring that both Boe and Ashildr solved their memory problems after 5 billion years and 100 trillion years respectfully?

The Doctor

Jan 28, 2022, 10:11:17 PM1/28/22
In article <36c6dd89-44f3-46dd...@googlegroups.com>,
Boe recalled the Master as Yana. Ashildr recalls The Doctor and Clara.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2022, 9:30:38 PM1/29/22
Now I wonder how.

The Doctor