Magician's Apprentice

Timothy Bruening

Apr 25, 2016, 12:11:00 AM4/25/16
1
11
1

Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the Daleks from history!

Your Name

Apr 25, 2016, 12:22:24 AM4/25/16
In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros
> to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the
> Daleks from history!

That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
Davros.

The Doctor

Apr 25, 2016, 10:25:26 AM4/25/16
In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
That did not happen.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
We are all here for a spell; get all the good laughs you can. -Will Rogers

TB

Apr 25, 2016, 12:07:56 PM4/25/16
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 7:25:26 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >11
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >
> >Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the Daleks from history!
>
> That did not happen.

That's only because the Doctor eventually rescue Davros!

Timothy Bruening

Apr 25, 2016, 6:33:24 PM4/25/16
Why did the TARDIS deliver him to that moment in the first place? Did the TARDIS sense the massive temporal ripple caused by the premature death of Davros and bring the Doctor there to save him?

The Doctor

Apr 25, 2016, 6:38:58 PM4/25/16
In article <5805b937-5d62-4df3...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
>> In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros
>> > to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the
>> > Daleks from history!
>>
>> That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
>> Davros.
>
>Why did the TARDIS deliver him to that moment in the first place? Did the TARDIS sense the massive temporal ripple caused by the premature death of Davros and bring the Doctor there to save him?

Well the Doctor killed the Hand mines.

Your Name

Apr 25, 2016, 9:22:13 PM4/25/16
In article <5805b937-5d62-4df3...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> > In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
> > Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing
> > > Davros
> > > to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing
> > > the
> > > Daleks from history!
> >
> > That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
> > Davros.
>
> Why did the TARDIS deliver him to that moment in the first place? Did the
> TARDIS sense the massive temporal ripple caused by the premature death of
> Davros and bring the Doctor there to save him?

The TARDIS never speaks (apart from in one episode), so there's no way
to know why it does anything.

Timothy Bruening

Apr 26, 2016, 12:00:03 PM4/26/16
Why doesn't the TARDIS routinely have a speaking interface?

Timothy Bruening

Apr 26, 2016, 12:03:58 PM4/26/16
Why not list the TARDIS' reasons for landing on the TARDIS scanner?

I have occasionally seen the TARDIS generate holograms to communicate with the Doctor. I saw such in "Let's Kill Hitler".

The Doctor

Apr 26, 2016, 4:38:43 PM4/26/16
In article <4f682061-0698-42a9...@googlegroups.com>,
Because it is not programmed that way.

The Doctor

Apr 26, 2016, 4:39:15 PM4/26/16
In article <368d85da-d9a8-48d0...@googlegroups.com>,
Well there are TARDIS shifts.

TB

Apr 27, 2016, 11:38:37 PM4/27/16
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:38:43 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <4f682061-0698-42a9...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:22:13 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:

> >> The TARDIS never speaks (apart from in one episode), so there's no way
> >> to know why it does anything.
> >
> >Why doesn't the TARDIS routinely have a speaking interface?
>
> Because it is not programmed that way.

Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?

The Doctor

Apr 28, 2016, 7:19:33 AM4/28/16
In article <2e2bed84-76d1-4922...@googlegroups.com>,
The TARDIS works on symbiosis. Ask K-9.

The Other Doctor

Apr 28, 2016, 1:25:11 PM4/28/16

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.

Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.

A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.

Pudentame

Apr 28, 2016, 4:31:54 PM4/28/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:26:36 +0100, "The Other Doctor"
<stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

>>> Because it is not programmed that way.
>>
>> Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
>> precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>
>Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
>the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.
>
>Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
>Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
>sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.
>
>A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
>difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.

The Doctor doesn't program the TARDIS anyway. The TARDIS goes where it
thinks is best for The Doctor.

That was established in "The Doctor's Wife". While the TARDIS
"personality" is resident in Idris, she tells The Doctor that she
never took him where he wanted to go, but to where he was needed.

And when the TARDIS matrix is returning itself from Idris she tells
him she won't be able to speak to him anymore, but will always be
listening.

TB

Apr 28, 2016, 5:39:27 PM4/28/16
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 1:31:54 PM UTC-7, Pudentame wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:26:36 +0100, "The Other Doctor"
> <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> >"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> >> Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
> >> precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
> >
> >Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
> >the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.
> >
> >Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
> >Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
> >sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.
> >
> >A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
> >difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.

I was looking for the inside the universe reason why the Doctor doesn't have a warning system for when he materializes into a dangerous environment.

The TARDIS does sound the alarm when IT is in danger.

> The Doctor doesn't program the TARDIS anyway. The TARDIS goes where it
> thinks is best for The Doctor.

Couldn't he just program in a warning system?

> That was established in "The Doctor's Wife". While the TARDIS
> "personality" is resident in Idris, she tells The Doctor that she
> never took him where he wanted to go, but to where he was needed.

The Magician's Apprentice: This confirms my theory that the TARDIS took the Doctor to Skaro because he was needed to save Davros so that the Daleks wouldn't get erased, and thus blow up the timeline!

> And when the TARDIS matrix is returning itself from Idris she tells
> him she won't be able to speak to him anymore, but will always be
> listening.

Why can't the TARDIS create a speaking interface the same way it can create a sonic screwdriver?

TB

Apr 28, 2016, 5:41:33 PM4/28/16
In that case, the TARDIS should definitely have a speaking interface and a warning system!

The Doctor

Apr 28, 2016, 6:28:52 PM4/28/16
In article <4a8f67cf-0704-40f9...@googlegroups.com>,
Cloister Bell.

Daniel47

Apr 29, 2016, 10:39:16 AM4/29/16
You could have The Doctor do some Backstroke then some Breaststroke!! ;-)

Daniel

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 3:05:29 AM10/5/16
In the year 1138, Colony Scarf takes the Doctor, Missy, and Clara back to Skaro with him. Meanwhile, the head man in 1138 finds the TARDIS and announces that it has been secured. A Dalek eye stalk then pops out of his forehead. He is an Dalek agent. What happened to him after the Doctor et al and the TARDIS left the 1138 scene?

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 3:09:02 AM10/5/16
All I hear are bongs. I don't hear any words, so how does that help?

I want something that goes "Warning Doctor, hostile forces nearby", or "Warning Doctor, environment inhosbitable".

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 3:10:41 AM10/5/16
Or have his female Companions do likewise!:)

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 3:18:20 AM10/5/16
The TARDIS could move just far enough away to get out of the battle before rematerializing so that the Doctor can investigate safely.

> Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
> Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
> sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.

While the Doctor is sunbathing, soldiers on horseback come charging down the beach to try to capture him. He uses his martial arts skills on them as he desperately tries to get back to the TARDIS. He wonders where they came from, since the TARDIS scanner had indicated no humanoid life forms for miles around!

> A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
> difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.

Can't the writers figure out how to place the Doctor in danger without making him look stupid?

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 3:19:11 AM10/5/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 7:39:16 AM UTC-7, Daniel47 wrote:
Then a shark attacks him!

The Doctor

Oct 5, 2016, 11:00:51 AM10/5/16
In article <5e536f6d-5e2f-4cc9...@googlegroups.com>,
They all ended up on Skaro.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for the USA to hold a referendum on its republic and vote to dissolve!!

The Doctor

Oct 5, 2016, 11:01:21 AM10/5/16
In article <7e1f5db9-81fb-4972...@googlegroups.com>,
Humourous indeed.

The Doctor

Oct 5, 2016, 11:02:17 AM10/5/16
In article <71211fe0-77f6-46cc...@googlegroups.com>,
That is what that bong is about.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism

Tim Bruening

Oct 5, 2016, 1:06:42 PM10/5/16
Why aren't the "bongs" translated into English for the benefit of English speaking viewers, or into French for French speaking viewers,....? Shouldn't the TARDIS translation circuits work on the bongs?

The Doctor

Oct 5, 2016, 7:18:42 PM10/5/16
In article <76aae33f-db75-428e...@googlegroups.com>,
It is a bell.

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:05:21 PM11/19/16
Great moments: A Skaro soldier aiming an arrow at an airplane!

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:06:46 PM11/19/16
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros
> > to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the
> > Daleks from history!
>
> That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
> Davros.

Was the Doctor expecting to return to the future and see an absence of Daleks?

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:09:34 PM11/19/16
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros
> > to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the
> > Daleks from history!
>
> That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
> Davros.

But I still don't recall anyone mentioning that the premature death of Davros would wreck history by erasing the Daleks. I also don't recall the Doctor stating that he didn't save Davros because he was hoping to erase the Daleks.

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:17:01 PM11/19/16
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 7:25:26 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >11
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >1
> >
> >Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the Daleks from history!
>
> That did not happen.

But it was surely obvious that the death of Young Davros would likely alter galactic history, so someone should have mentioned it!

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:29:14 PM11/19/16
The Doctor finds himself in a war zone, sees a boy trapped in a handmine field, exits the TARDIS, and asks him where he is. Why didn't the Doctor check the TARDIS scanner to find out where and where he is?

Great moments: The Doctor beginning to save the boy, then leaving in a panic when he learns that the boy is Davros! The Doctor had urged Davros to take his one chance in a thousand. Did that advice contribute to Davro's later evil?

Missy freezing all the planes to force Clara to meet with her.

Missy and Clara finding the Doctor by searching for places where he is making noise without a crisis. They figure that the Doctor would throw a party to mark his impending death. He is doing so in Britain in 1138.

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:34:37 PM11/19/16
Great moments: The Doctor defeating a broadsword with a daffoldill.

The Doctor bring out an electric guitar in response to a request for an ax fight.

The Doctor ordering a military tank online to house a fish.

I don't understand his puns.

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:36:34 PM11/19/16
Great moments: Colony Scarf with his snakes.

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:52:17 PM11/19/16
Great moments: The Doctor asking "Who created Davros?". He seems to be implying that HE created Davros by abandoning the child him in the handmine field. He feels shame over that deed.

Missy and Clara walking out on an invisible planet, which soon appears and turns out to be Skaro..

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 5:59:40 PM11/19/16
The Daleks exterminating Missy, Clara, and the TARDIS.

The Doctor pointing a Dalek gun at Davros and crying "Exterminate".

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:18:35 PM11/19/16
In article <35cdbab6-e72d-4fba...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Great moments: A Skaro soldier aiming an arrow at an airplane!

War of hate by any means.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Merry Christmas 2016 and Happy New Year 2017

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:19:01 PM11/19/16

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:19:24 PM11/19/16
In article <310c2575-5909-4f41...@googlegroups.com>,
From the sewers they come.

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:19:45 PM11/19/16
In article <25428311-c2b0-49f2...@googlegroups.com>,
Such depression.

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:20:03 PM11/19/16
In article <1b45ed02-a91b-4959...@googlegroups.com>,
Just follolw along.

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:20:20 PM11/19/16
In article <2e625dc9-cb61-40ba...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Great moments: Colony Scarf with his snakes.

Hiss!!

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:20:59 PM11/19/16
In article <c98d1efe-84a8-43d4...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>The Daleks exterminating Missy, Clara, and the TARDIS.
>
>The Doctor pointing a Dalek gun at Davros and crying "Exterminate".

At Davros of the handmine field?

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:21:28 PM11/19/16
In article <2a54d548-9cf5-41c8...@googlegroups.com>,
Why? Young Davros lived.

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 6:21:46 PM11/19/16
In article <fff2c86a-3f4f-4168...@googlegroups.com>,
Invisible of dark?

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 8:57:56 PM11/19/16
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 10:25:11 AM UTC-7, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:38:43 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Because it is not programmed that way.
> >
> > Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
> > precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>
> Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
> the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.
>
> Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
> Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
> sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.
>
> A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
> difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.

But shouldn't the Doctor's personal safety be more important to him than exciting a TV audience? Why should he unnecessarily place his life at risk just to entertain us?

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 9:03:26 PM11/19/16
As the Doctor sometimes says, time can be rewritten. Someone should have expressed the logical concern that Davros' destiny might be rewritten, which would rewrite or even erase the Daleks.

The Doctor

Nov 19, 2016, 10:14:03 PM11/19/16
In article <c35be514-895e-415c...@googlegroups.com>,
and then damage his history? no.

Tim Bruening

Nov 19, 2016, 10:30:38 PM11/19/16
Hence, I believe that someone should have mentioned the danger of Young Davros dying, thus erasing the Daleks and much of the Doctor's own history.

Daniel60

Nov 20, 2016, 4:56:59 AM11/20/16
On 20/11/2016 10:19 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <310c2575-5909-4f41...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:

>> allowing Davros
>> erasing the
>>>
>>> That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
>>> Davros.
>>
>> But I still don't recall anyone mentioning that the premature death of
>> Davros would wreck history by erasing the Daleks. I also don't recall
>> the Doctor stating that he didn't save Davros because he was hoping to
>> erase the Daleks.
>
> From the sewers they come.

???

Daniel

The Doctor

Nov 20, 2016, 7:41:21 AM11/20/16
In article <5f99f139-be78-4c61...@googlegroups.com>,
IIRC I said that.

Tim Bruening

Dec 24, 2016, 3:42:27 PM12/24/16
How is a guitar an axe?

Tim Bruening

Dec 24, 2016, 3:47:48 PM12/24/16
As the Doctor et al are conveyed to Davro's current hideout, the stars are streaking like they do in the Star Trek series!

They arrive at a spinning space station. But the space station is actually sitting on the ground on Skaro (which had been invisible). How could the space station spin while embedded on the ground of a planet?

Tim Bruening

Dec 24, 2016, 3:50:12 PM12/24/16
How in the world did Davros preserve a recording of the Tom Baker Doctor's conversation in Genesis of the Daleks about how to deal with a child who is destined to become an evil dictator?

The Doctor

Dec 24, 2016, 5:07:19 PM12/24/16
In article <730527a2-0343-4a8c...@googlegroups.com>,
Depends on Davros.

The Doctor

Dec 24, 2016, 5:09:29 PM12/24/16
In article <f1f9fbf3-99e5-423e...@googlegroups.com>,
Sonic AScrewdriver.

Tim Bruening

Dec 25, 2016, 1:18:03 AM12/25/16
Great moments: The handmines!

The Doctor telling Young Davros to focus on his one chance in a thousand to escape from the handmines, and decide that he's going to live. Did the Doctor's advice contribute to Davros' later ruthlessness?

When Colony Skarf showed up in The Shadow Proclamation, why wasn't the head woman interested in how he got past security?

Was the Doctor actually ON Karn while Colony Sharf was asking abut him?

Great moments: The planes standing still in midair!

What effect will a battle tank have on the world of 1138?

Tim Bruening

Dec 25, 2016, 1:35:50 AM12/25/16
Great moments: The Doctor playing an electric guitar while riding a tank. He brought out the guitar in response to a request for an ax duel. How is a guitar an ax? The Doctor defeating a sword with a dafoldil. The Doctor buying the tank for his fish on-line.

The Doctor

Dec 25, 2016, 8:03:23 AM12/25/16
In article <ef43b369-712f-4f50...@googlegroups.com>,
None.

The Doctor

Dec 25, 2016, 8:04:18 AM12/25/16
In article <dee0828e-3274-41de...@googlegroups.com>,
Rock and roll!

Daniel60

Dec 26, 2016, 6:18:30 AM12/26/16
On 25/12/2016 7:42 AM, Tim Bruening wrote:
> How is a guitar an axe?

Slang!

Daniel

Daniel60

Dec 26, 2016, 6:19:21 AM12/26/16
On 25/12/2016 9:07 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <730527a2-0343-4a8c...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As the Doctor et al are conveyed to Davro's current hideout, the stars
>> are streaking like they do in the Star Trek series!
>>
>> They arrive at a spinning space station. But the space station is
>> actually sitting on the ground on Skaro (which had been invisible). How
>> could the space station spin while embedded on the ground of a planet?
>
> Depends on Davros.

How??

Daniel

The Doctor

Dec 26, 2016, 11:00:46 AM12/26/16
In article <o3qu8t$2h8$2...@dont-email.me>,
Davros is in command in Skaro. Still I wish
Skaro would have stayed dead from Resurrection of the Daleks.

>Daniel

Daniel60

Dec 27, 2016, 5:51:51 AM12/27/16
On 27/12/2016 3:00 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <o3qu8t$2h8$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel60 <Dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> On 25/12/2016 9:07 AM, The Doctor wrote:

>>> Depends on Davros.
>>>
>> How??
>
> Davros is in command in Skaro. Still I wish
> Skaro would have stayed dead from Resurrection of the Daleks.

So just because Davros is in command, that means that the "space
station" will spin while embedded on the ground of a planet!!

Garbage, doctor!

Daniel

The Doctor

Dec 27, 2016, 11:12:27 AM12/27/16
In article <o3th1d$ar7$1...@dont-email.me>,
Tell that to Moffat.

Daniel60

Dec 28, 2016, 7:11:04 AM12/28/16
On 28/12/2016 3:12 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <o3th1d$ar7$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel60 <Dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> On 27/12/2016 3:00 AM, The Doctor wrote:

>>> Davros is in command in Skaro. Still I wish
>>> Skaro would have stayed dead from Resurrection of the Daleks.
>>
>> So just because Davros is in command, that means that the "space
>> station" will spin while embedded on the ground of a planet!!
>>
>> Garbage, doctor!
>
> Tell that to Moffat.

Why?? You seem to be the one suggesting that statement, not Moffat!!

Daniel

The Doctor

Dec 28, 2016, 8:44:57 AM12/28/16
In article <o40a1r$i3n$3...@dont-email.me>,
Moffat is implying this.

Daniel60

Dec 30, 2016, 2:14:31 AM12/30/16
> Moffat is implying this.

Sorry!! What leads *you* to believe that "Moffat is implying this", doctor??

Daniel

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2016, 9:16:11 AM12/30/16
In article <o451dn$ikg$2...@dont-email.me>,
He wrote the script.

Tim Bruening

Dec 30, 2016, 9:49:38 PM12/30/16
So how does Moffat explain how there could be a spinning building sitting on the ground of a planet?

The Doctor

Dec 30, 2016, 10:33:06 PM12/30/16
In article <e0e9ca2e-0fb4-41a7...@googlegroups.com>,
That is the question to ask.

Daniel60

Jan 2, 2017, 6:36:46 AM1/2/17
>>> He wrote the script.
>>
>> So how does Moffat explain how there could be a spinning building
>> sitting on the ground of a planet?
>
> That is the question to ask.

But *you* (and only *you* ) know what Moffat was trying to imply,
doctor, so *you* must know what the answer to that question is! Or are
*you* just guessing, doctor??

Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 2, 2017, 9:59:42 AM1/2/17
In article <o4ddte$on2$2...@dont-email.me>,
guessing on this one.

Tim Bruening

Jan 2, 2017, 7:27:40 PM1/2/17
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 10:25:11 AM UTC-7, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:38:43 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Because it is not programmed that way.
> >
> > Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
> > precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>
> Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
> the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.

The Doctor then materializes the TARDIS just outside the battlezone, then leaves to investigate the battle.

The Doctor

Jan 2, 2017, 7:28:31 PM1/2/17
In article <58916541-037c-4f63...@googlegroups.com>,
Might work better. Wait, that was Sorcorer's Apprentice.

Tim Bruening

Jan 3, 2017, 7:26:28 AM1/3/17
Which episode was that, and what happened in it?

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2017, 11:02:00 AM1/3/17
In article <c89609b1-d7f6-4cd4...@googlegroups.com>,
At the very start when the Dcotor meets Davros in a handmine field.

Tim Bruening

Jan 3, 2017, 1:20:42 PM1/3/17
I had thought that the title was "The Magician's Apprentice".

The Doctor

Jan 3, 2017, 4:45:10 PM1/3/17
In article <b026e342-0300-4505...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 8:02:00 AM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <c89609b1-d7f6-4cd4...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>TARDIS warns

>> >Which episode was that, and what happened in it?
>>
>> At the very start when the Dcotor meets Davros in a handmine field.
>
>I had thought that the title was "The Magician's Apprentice".

Knew I mixing something up.

Tim Bruening

May 16, 2017, 10:01:37 AM5/16/17
Animals: The snakes of Colony Scarf.

Missy calls the TARDIS "The dog's unmentionables".

Timothy Bruening

Mar 8, 2018, 6:24:09 PM3/8/18
On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 7:14:03 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <c35be514-895e-415c...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 3:21:28 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Why? Young Davros lived.
> >
> >As the Doctor sometimes says, time can be rewritten. Someone should
> >have expressed the logical concern that Davros' destiny might be
> >rewritten, which would rewrite or even erase the Daleks.
>
> and then damage his history? no.

I did not hear such concerns expressed, hench my nit.

Timothy Bruening

Mar 8, 2018, 6:27:16 PM3/8/18
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> In article <0c9dbdf5-83a3-433f...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Most surprising aspect: The failure of anyone to mention that allowing Davros
> > to die as a child on a handmine field would wreck the timeline by erasing the
> > Daleks from history!
>
> That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
> Davros.

Did you hear him say so?

Timothy Bruening

Mar 8, 2018, 6:32:32 PM3/8/18
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 10:25:11 AM UTC-7, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:38:43 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Because it is not programmed that way.
> >
> > Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
> > precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>
> Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
> the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.
>
> Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
> Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
> sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.

Dalek emerges from sandcastle.

The Doctor

Mar 8, 2018, 6:33:47 PM3/8/18
In article <c1dba431-c843-4666...@googlegroups.com>,
Got you.
To make pleasures pleasant, shorten them. -Charles Buxton

The Doctor

Mar 8, 2018, 6:34:14 PM3/8/18
In article <7f0ba1d5-70fa-46d9...@googlegroups.com>,
Exactly.

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:22:14 AM3/30/18
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:38:58 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <5805b937-5d62-4df3...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:22:24 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:

> >> That's the exact reason why the Doctor originally didn't save young
> >> Davros.
> >
> >Why did the TARDIS deliver him to that moment in the first place? Did the TARDIS sense the massive temporal ripple caused by the premature death of Davros and bring the Doctor there to save him?
>
> Well the Doctor killed the Hand mines.

So my reasoning is correct?

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:24:12 AM3/30/18
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:39:15 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <368d85da-d9a8-48d0...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:22:13 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:

> >> The TARDIS never speaks (apart from in one episode), so there's no way
> >> to know why it does anything.
> >
> >Why not list the TARDIS' reasons for landing on the TARDIS scanner?
> >
> >I have occasionally seen the TARDIS generate holograms to communicate with the Doctor. I saw such in "Let's Kill Hitler".
>
> Well there are TARDIS shifts.

TARDIS in a dress?

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:31:56 AM3/30/18
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 4:19:33 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <2e2bed84-76d1-4922...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:38:43 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Because it is not programmed that way.
> >
> >Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>
> The TARDIS works on symbiosis. Ask K-9.

How does that prevent reprogramming to create speaking interface?

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:34:52 AM3/30/18
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 10:25:11 AM UTC-7, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:38:43 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Because it is not programmed that way.
> >
> > Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
> > precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>
> Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
> the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.
>
> Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
> Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
> sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.

Doctor could find alien symbols on beach.

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:39:28 AM3/30/18
> A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
> difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.

But do writers have to make Doctor look foolish?

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:46:11 AM3/30/18
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 1:31:54 PM UTC-7, Pudentame wrote:

> The Doctor doesn't program the TARDIS anyway. The TARDIS goes where it
> thinks is best for The Doctor.
>
> That was established in "The Doctor's Wife". While the TARDIS
> "personality" is resident in Idris, she tells The Doctor that she
> never took him where he wanted to go, but to where he was needed.

But wouldn't a speaking interface improve TARDIS ability to do what is best for Doctor?

Timothy Bruening

Mar 30, 2018, 8:49:33 AM3/30/18
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 8:02:17 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <71211fe0-77f6-46cc...@googlegroups.com>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:28:52 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >and a warning system!
> >>
> >> Cloister Bell.
> >
> >All I hear are bongs. I don't hear any words, so how does that help?
> >
> >I want something that goes "Warning Doctor, hostile forces nearby", or
> >"Warning Doctor, environment inhosbitable".
>
> That is what that bong is about.

But I can only hear bongs!

Daniel60

Mar 30, 2018, 9:18:04 AM3/30/18
Timothy Bruening wrote on 30/03/18 23:46:
I think not ... but it would enable The TARDIS to explain why The TARDIS
did what she did!

--
Daniel

Daniel60

Mar 30, 2018, 9:22:47 AM3/30/18
Timothy Bruening wrote on 30/03/18 23:24:
No, Tim, not dresses but work-shifts, and, maybe, the TARDIS Holographic
Projection Unit only works from 9a.m. to 5p.m. (or similar), Gallifrain
time!!

--
Daniel

The Doctor

Mar 30, 2018, 11:33:58 AM3/30/18
In article <bd2725da-0a3b-4551...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:38:58 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <5805b937-5d62-4df3...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>allowing Davros
>erasing the

>> >Why did the TARDIS deliver him to that moment in the first place?
>Did the TARDIS sense the massive temporal ripple caused by the premature
>death of Davros and bring the Doctor there to save him?
>>
>> Well the Doctor killed the Hand mines.
>
>So my reasoning is correct?

Could be.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it? -Steven Wright

The Doctor

Mar 30, 2018, 11:34:19 AM3/30/18
In article <62743926-fcec-4884...@googlegroups.com>,
Physical!

The Doctor

Mar 30, 2018, 11:35:11 AM3/30/18
In article <b26dcfd0-3d6f-46f1...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 4:19:33 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <2e2bed84-76d1-4922...@googlegroups.com>,
>> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

>> >Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
>precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>>
>> The TARDIS works on symbiosis. Ask K-9.
>
>How does that prevent reprogramming to create speaking interface?

TARDIS recognition system.

The Doctor

Mar 30, 2018, 11:35:41 AM3/30/18
In article <c354894f-29b0-4e86...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 10:25:11 AM UTC-7, The Other Doctor wrote:
>> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

>> > Okay, why hasn't the Doctor programmed it that way as an elementary
>> > precaution so that the Doctor doesn't just walk into danger?
>>
>> Story starts. The TARDIS lands in the middle of a battle. The TARDIS warns
>> the Doctor it's dangerous. The TARDIS dematerialises. Story ends.
>>
>> Alternatively, story starts. The TARDIS lands on a peaceful beach. The
>> Doctor emerges, has a swim and does some sunbathing. Perhaps even builds a
>> sandcastle. The Doctor returns to the TARDIS. Story ends.
>>
>> A series of stories like that woudn't be very exciting. It would also be
>> difficult to stretch the story to 45 minutes.
>
>But do writers have to make Doctor look foolish?

Already done.
It is loading more messages.