AND LOOK WHAT I DID TO THE WHO

%

Jan 5, 2024, 3:50:49 PMJan 5
.

not a tim to be found anywhere so you all owe me

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2024, 4:46:24 PMJan 5
In article <FfydnXHVm5UC9gX4...@giganews.com>,
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>.
>
>not a tim to be found anywhere so you all owe me

Thank you!!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

%

Jan 5, 2024, 5:01:25 PMJan 5
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <FfydnXHVm5UC9gX4...@giganews.com>,
> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> .
>>
>> not a tim to be found anywhere so you all owe me
>
> Thank you!!

i feel bad for him but ,
he could get a news feed they're down to 3 bucks a month now

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2024, 7:42:08 PMJan 5
In article <r-CcnXjisM614QX4...@giganews.com>,
if he knows where to look.

%

Jan 5, 2024, 7:44:41 PMJan 5
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <r-CcnXjisM614QX4...@giganews.com>,
> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> Thank you!!
>>>
>> i feel bad for him but ,
>> he could get a news feed they're down to 3 bucks a month now
>
> if he knows where to look.

its all on google

The Doctor

Jan 5, 2024, 7:45:16 PMJan 5
In article <2vOdnaasUPLuPwX4...@giganews.com>,
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <r-CcnXjisM614QX4...@giganews.com>,
>> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> i feel bad for him but ,
>>> he could get a news feed they're down to 3 bucks a month now
>>
>> if he knows where to look.
>>
>its all on google

:-)

%

Jan 5, 2024, 7:50:01 PMJan 5
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <2vOdnaasUPLuPwX4...@giganews.com>,
> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> if he knows where to look.
>>>
>> its all on google
>
> :-)

maybe there's no more google at all

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 12:10:31 AMJan 6

Daniel65

Jan 6, 2024, 6:13:28 AMJan 6
% wrote on 6/1/24 9:01 am:
Eternal-September, https://www.eternal-september.org/ , is free!!
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 9:40:49 AMJan 6
In article <unbckl$itca$2...@dont-email.me>,
Is Tim capable?

>--
>Daniel

%

Jan 6, 2024, 11:00:26 AMJan 6
yea but they're no good

%

Jan 6, 2024, 11:01:06 AMJan 6
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <unbckl$itca$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> % wrote on 6/1/24 9:01 am:

>>> i feel bad for him but ,
>>> he could get a news feed they're down to 3 bucks a month now
>>
>> Eternal-September, https://www.eternal-september.org/ , is free!!
>
> Is Tim capable?
>
>> --
>> Daniel

if he has google

Blueshirt

Jan 6, 2024, 2:47:10 PMJan 6
% wrote:

> Daniel65 wrote:
> > % wrote on 6/1/24 9:01 am:
> > > >
> > > i feel bad for him but ,
> > > he could get a news feed they're down to 3 bucks a month now
> >
> > Eternal-September, https://www.eternal-september.org/ , is free!!
>
> yea but they're no good

You get what you pay for! For a free Usenet service eternal-september
are quite good. They are probably the best free news service out
there. For people just posting random stuff to text newsgroups they
are all you need. Eternal-september do filter a few messages out that
other nntp servers carry, but most of those messages would be low on
actual content anyway... if not out and out spam. I use them as my
back-up news server.

Ray does a great job in maintaining a free Usenet service in this day
and age. Anybody transitioning from Google Groups - like Tim - could
do a lot worse than eternal-september.

%

Jan 6, 2024, 4:20:19 PMJan 6
they're slow and they drop posts

Blueshirt

Jan 6, 2024, 6:03:04 PMJan 6
Yes. That's why you get what you pay for.

Although I think the recent [late 2023] dropped posts were caused by
'false positives' as Ray tinkered with his spam filters in response
to the spamflood going on in certain newsgroups. I don't think it's
deliberate policy on his part to lose posts.

%

Jan 6, 2024, 6:17:56 PMJan 6
they've always dropped posts ,
if they were any good everyone would be using them

Blueshirt

Jan 6, 2024, 6:59:24 PMJan 6
Well, I can't fault *that* logic! Especially as I don't use
eternal-september as my main news server.

They would be a good option for someone migrating over from Google
Groups though.

%

Jan 6, 2024, 7:07:37 PMJan 6
i guess they would be ok for that ,
but like the guy at the harley davidson shop told me ,
don't buy a small bike and work your way up ,
go straight for a 1200 you're going to end up there anyway

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:21:34 PMJan 6
In article <bcecncTwAOiP5AT4...@giganews.com>,
Oh.

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:21:43 PMJan 6
In article <bcecncfwAOiq5AT4...@giganews.com>,
LOL!

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:22:26 PMJan 6
In article <nnd$09a68c61$7ca85c96@398de216210969c1>,

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:23:16 PMJan 6
In article <gradnaybbJCbWQT4...@giganews.com>,
Oh.

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:25:06 PMJan 6
In article <46ecnZIMq9kLQgT4...@giganews.com>,
All right!!

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:26:13 PMJan 6
In article <nnd$0126aff2$7440bc10@8992d791ece3bc04>,
So what is abavia ?

The Doctor

Jan 6, 2024, 8:26:31 PMJan 6
In article <YWmdnRZ127-jdgT4...@giganews.com>,
got you!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2024, 9:59:53 PMFeb 18
I have set up a user account, but I have been unable to access any Usenet groups. I found a list of groups, but nothing happened when I clicked on their names.

%

Feb 19, 2024, 3:09:48 PMFeb 19
what news reader are you using

Blueshirt

Feb 19, 2024, 3:46:39 PMFeb 19
Whatever it is he'd want to getting the hang of it pretty soon!

%

Feb 19, 2024, 4:02:31 PMFeb 19
i'm sure he'll get it ,
i did it with no special training

Blueshirt

Feb 19, 2024, 4:13:41 PMFeb 19
% wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote:
> > % wrote:

> > > what news reader are you using
> >
> > Whatever it is he'd want to be getting the hang of it
> > pretty soon!
> >
> i'm sure he'll get it ,

We'll find out if a few days time won't we?!

The Doctor

Feb 19, 2024, 4:48:50 PMFeb 19
In article <LsOdnXj9z_UdKE74...@giganews.com>,
You mean Welfare boy is trying to move on?

Maybe Captain Bluebeard can be of assistance.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

The Doctor

Feb 19, 2024, 4:49:24 PMFeb 19
In article <xn0oi9rkd...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
WEll can you be of help?

The Doctor

Feb 19, 2024, 4:50:38 PMFeb 19
In article <kuacnbu3q7lHXE74...@giganews.com>,
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Subject: Re: AND LOOK WHAT I DID TO THE WHO
>Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
>From: % <purse...@gmail.com>
>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:02:17 -0700
And there you go unless Tim is really stupid.

The Doctor

Feb 19, 2024, 4:50:51 PMFeb 19
In article <xn0oi9sbv...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Correct!!

Blueshirt

Feb 20, 2024, 11:19:07 AMFeb 20
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <LsOdnXj9z_UdKE74...@giganews.com>,
> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> I have set up a user account, but I have been unable to access
> >> any Usenet groups. I found a list of groups, but
> >> nothing happened when I clicked their names
> >>
> > what news reader are you using
>
> You mean Welfare boy is trying to move on?
>
> Maybe Captain Bluebeard can be of assistance.

Captain Bluebeard is too busy enjoying a life on the ocean waves...
rum, sodomy and the lash!

Blueshirt

Feb 20, 2024, 11:19:44 AMFeb 20
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oi9rkd...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > % wrote:

> >> what news reader are you using
> >
> > Whatever it is he'd want to getting the hang of it pretty soon!
>
> WEll can you be of help?

You're the man that runs an ISP and nntp server... you help him!

The Doctor

Feb 20, 2024, 5:06:02 PMFeb 20
In article <xn0oiaz4f...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Leave Tim to his own devices?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

%

Feb 20, 2024, 5:14:48 PMFeb 20
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <xn0oiaz4f...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> You mean Welfare boy is trying to move on?
>>>
>>> Maybe Captain Bluebeard can be of assistance.
>>
>> Captain Bluebeard is too busy enjoying a life on the ocean waves...
>> rum, sodomy and the lash!
>
> Leave Tim to his own devices?

maybe he should subscribe to the groups he sees in the list

%

Feb 20, 2024, 5:18:30 PMFeb 20
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <xn0oiaz4f...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

Blueshirt

Feb 21, 2024, 12:26:28 PMFeb 21
The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oiaz4f...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> You mean Welfare boy is trying to move on?
> >>
> >> Maybe Captain Bluebeard can be of assistance.
> >
> > Captain Bluebeard is too busy enjoying a life on the ocean
> > waves... rum, sodomy and the lash!
>
> Leave Tim to his own devices?

Basically, yeah!

If Tim had asked his RADW 'family' for advice I'm sure somebody here
would have helped him set up a newsreader... but it seems all Tim has
done with his time since the Google announcement is to carry on
posting his nonsense... most of which now gets stopped at server
level. (Depending on what nntp service people are using.)

%

Feb 21, 2024, 12:48:29 PMFeb 21
Blueshirt wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oiaz4f...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> Captain Bluebeard is too busy enjoying a life on the ocean
>>> waves... rum, sodomy and the lash!
>>
>> Leave Tim to his own devices?
>
> Basically, yeah!
>
> If Tim had asked his RADW 'family' for advice I'm sure somebody here
> would have helped him set up a newsreader... but it seems all Tim has
> done with his time since the Google announcement is to carry on
> posting his nonsense... most of which now gets stopped at server
> level. (Depending on what nntp service people are using.)

no it doesn't

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 6:01:46 PMFeb 21
In article <xn0oicfgn...@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Tim is more hated than me!

The Doctor

Feb 21, 2024, 6:03:33 PMFeb 21
In article <IKGdnaHo6vf_qkv4...@giganews.com>,
Can Tim leave the sinking ship?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 11:34:03 PMFeb 21
Google Groups!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2024, 11:35:22 PMFeb 21
On Monday, February 19, 2024 at 12:09:48 PM UTC-8, % wrote:
I just subscribed via Seamonkey and Eternal September, but I am unable to post.