And the next showrunner is …

The Last Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 10:38:11 AM9/24/21
Russell T Davies.

Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472

Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

The Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 10:40:39 AM9/24/21
In article <siknsi$hh8$1...@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Russell T Davies.
>
>Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
>https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
>
>Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
>and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
>conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
>hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
>diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
>the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
>gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.

Hopefully he undoes the Timeless Child!

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

Any tool for good, evil smiles upon. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2021, 1:11:51 PM9/24/21
3139 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 7:40:39 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <siknsi$hh8$1...@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
> >Russell T Davies.
> >
> >Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
> >https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
> >
> >Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
> >and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
> >conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
> >hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
> >diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
> >the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
> >gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.
> >
> Hopefully he undoes the Timeless Child!

But according to the article, RTD likes Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall!

Blueshirt

Sep 24, 2021, 3:08:55 PM9/24/21
On 24/09/2021 15:38, The Last Doctor wrote:
> Russell T Davies.
>
> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472

Great news! I enjoyed the RTD era. Doctor Who hasn't been the same since
he left.

Blueshirt

Sep 24, 2021, 3:11:32 PM9/24/21
RTD is 100% *not* going to retcon the 13th Doctor...

Wouter Valentijn

Sep 24, 2021, 5:59:44 PM9/24/21
Op 24-9-2021 om 16:38 schreef The Last Doctor:
> Russell T Davies.
>
> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
>
> Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
> and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
> conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
> hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
> diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
> the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
> gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.

I've started a rewatch of the first seasons of new Doctor Who since
Amazon Prime Video put those early episodes up again. Now close to the
end of Tennant's first season.
It is better than I remembered! Maybe at first I didn't want to like it
at first because of the change from Eccleston. But now I've grown fond
of Tennant as well.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
http://www.essayportal.j3v.net

liam=mail

The Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 6:55:45 PM9/24/21
In article <9ab66031-d86f-475c...@googlegroups.com>,
But what about the Timeless Child?

The Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 7:04:16 PM9/24/21
In article <sil7o6$rrt$1...@dont-email.me>,
Chibnall has dragged it to the gutter!!

The Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 7:05:22 PM9/24/21
In article <sil7t3$rrt$2...@dont-email.me>,
Wait for his official statement!

The Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 7:07:56 PM9/24/21
In article <ir702e...@mid.individual.net>,
Wouter Valentijn <li...@valentijn.nu> wrote:
>Op 24-9-2021 om 16:38 schreef The Last Doctor:
>> Russell T Davies.
>>
>> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
>>
>> Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
>> and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
>> conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
>> hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
>> diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
>> the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
>> gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.
>>

>I've started a rewatch of the first seasons of new Doctor Who since
>Amazon Prime Video put those early episodes up again. Now close to the
>end of Tennant's first season.
>It is better than I remembered! Maybe at first I didn't want to like it
>at first because of the change from Eccleston. But now I've grown fond
>of Tennant as well.

4 turkeys and the rest is tolerable!

>--
>Wouter Valentijn
>
>Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
>Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time
>
>http://www.prozaportal.j3v.net
>http://www.essayportal.j3v.net
>
>liam=mail

The True Doctor

Sep 24, 2021, 11:38:04 PM9/24/21
Whittaker could have been tolerated as an anomaly, as could Jo Martin,
but unfortunately as long as the Timeless Child remains and Chibnall
doesn't remove it from canon himself along with the destruction of
Gallifray they can't and nor can anything else Chibnall has plagued
Doctor Who with. There is no way RTD can save Doctor Who without erasing
the entire Chibnall era and starting from a clean sheet, and that means
Whittaker must go too since the Timeless Child crap is referenced in her
second episode.

There's only one solution and that is to do a Dallas. Chibnall's final
episode should show Whittaker being exterminated and blown up along with
the TARDIS with no regeneration occurring, just as Sue-Ellen was shown
being blown out of a top story window in the Ewing building in the final
episode of the series that never was. That way RTD can start with a
clean sheet with the 14th Doctor alluded to have regenerated from Peter
Capaldi and arriving on Gallifrey just the way it looked in Hell Bent.
Jodie Whittaker and Jo Martine will never be referenced again, and
neither with the Timeless Child or the destruction of Gallifrey. In
later stories it can also be made clear, as is indicated in The
Underworld, that regeneration was developed by Time Lord scientists as a
purely mechanical process which was then made biological after the Time
Lords discovered time travel and that Omega did not have the power to
regenerate and neither did Rassilon until then.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:10:07 AM9/25/21
3203 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 7:40:39 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <siknsi$hh8$1...@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
> >Russell T Davies.
> >
> >Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
> >https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
> >
> >Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
> >and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
> >conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
> >hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
> >diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
> >the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
> >gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.
> >
> Hopefully he undoes the Timeless Child!

Since he has said that he likes Jodie and Chris, why would he undo the Timeless Child?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:17:30 AM9/25/21
But wouldn't the Doctor's sense of social responsibility force him to tell the Gallifreyan government about his dream of the Master having destroyed Gallifrey?

In
> later stories it can also be made clear, as is indicated in The
> Underworld, that regeneration was developed by Time Lord scientists as a
> purely mechanical process which was then made biological after the Time
> Lords discovered time travel and that Omega did not have the power to
> regenerate and neither did Rassilon until then.

Arc of Infinity: So Omega needed the Doctor's biodata in order to be able to regenerate?

Would there be a mindbending contest in which the rules are clearly explained so as to explain why the 8 mystery faces in The Brain of Morbius WERE those of Morbius?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:18:54 AM9/25/21
3205 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 4:05:22 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <sil7t3$rrt$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> >On 24/09/2021 18:11, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> 3139 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 7:40:39 AM UTC-7,

> >overtly pro

> >> But according to the article, RTD likes Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall!
> >
> >RTD is 100% *not* going to retcon the 13th Doctor...
> Wait for his official statement!

Have you heard rumors that RTD DOES plan to erase the Jodie Era as per Dallas?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:22:43 AM9/25/21
3206 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 3:55:45 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <9ab66031-d86f-475c...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >3139 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 7:40:39 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >overtly pro
> >> >
> >> Hopefully he undoes the Timeless Child!
> >
> >But according to the article, RTD likes Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall!
> But what about the Timeless Child?

I assumed that RTD likes the Timeless Child, since the TC is a significant part of the Jodie Era! If RTD detested the TC, he would not be able to like Jodie Whittaker/Chris Chibnall!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:26:20 AM9/25/21
Wouldn't that cause everyone to assume that the Doctor Who series had been canceled, thus causing them to not bother watching any subsequent episodes?

That way RTD can start with a
> clean sheet with the 14th Doctor alluded to have regenerated from Peter
> Capaldi and arriving on Gallifrey just the way it looked in Hell Bent.

Yads wants to actually SEE Peter Capaldi regenerate into a "Real Doctor 13".

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:30:36 AM9/25/21
Have you heard rumors of the BBC being buried in letters demanding that the Jodie Era be erased?

solar penguin

Sep 25, 2021, 2:52:11 AM9/25/21
The Last Doctor let us know:

> Russell T Davies.
>
> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
>
> Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
> and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
> conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
> hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
> diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
> the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
> gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.

The worry is that DW will become so strongly associated
with RTD that no-one will want to take over when he leaves
again.

--
solar penguin

solar penguin

Sep 25, 2021, 2:52:12 AM9/25/21
The Idiot insisted:

> In article <siknsi$hh8$1...@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> Russell T Davies.
>>
>> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
>>
>> Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
>> and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
>> conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
>> hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
>> diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
>> the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
>> gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.
>>

> Hopefully he undoes the Timeless Child!

He probably won’t undo the destruction of Gallifrey.

--
solar penguin

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 3:08:33 AM9/25/21
Have his deputy take over.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 3:17:42 AM9/25/21
I had thought that Yads and Aggy were ideologically opposed to a female Doctor before she even got started, let alone introduced the Timeless Child!

> but unfortunately as long as the Timeless Child remains and Chibnall
> doesn't remove it from canon himself along with the destruction of
> Gallifray they can't and nor can anything else Chibnall has plagued
> Doctor Who with. There is no way RTD can save Doctor Who without erasing
> the entire Chibnall era and starting from a clean sheet, and that means
> Whittaker must go too since the Timeless Child crap is referenced in her
> second episode.
>
> There's only one solution and that is to do a Dallas. Chibnall's final
> episode should show Whittaker being exterminated and blown up along with
> the TARDIS with no regeneration occurring, just as Sue-Ellen was shown
> being blown out of a top story window in the Ewing building in the final
> episode of the series that never was.

So an imaginary Dalek episode!

That way RTD can start with a
> clean sheet with the 14th Doctor alluded to have regenerated from Peter
> Capaldi and arriving on Gallifrey just the way it looked in Hell Bent.
> Jodie Whittaker and Jo Martine will never be referenced again, and
> neither with the Timeless Child or the destruction of Gallifrey. In
> later stories it can also be made clear, as is indicated in The
> Underworld, that regeneration was developed by Time Lord scientists as a
> purely mechanical process which was then made biological after the Time
> Lords discovered time travel and that Omega did not have the power to
> regenerate and neither did Rassilon until then.

But wouldn't Jodie episodes continue to be shown in reruns and sold on DVDs?

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 5:59:07 AM9/25/21
On 24/09/2021 23:55, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <9ab66031-d86f-475c...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3139 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 7:40:39 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>>
>>> Hopefully he undoes the Timeless Child!
>>
>> But according to the article, RTD likes Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall!
>
> But what about the Timeless Child?

*That* is the question...

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 6:18:14 AM9/25/21
RTD would not be able to eliminate the Timeless Child without eliminating the Jodie Era.

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 6:23:16 AM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 00:05, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <sil7t3$rrt$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> On 24/09/2021 18:11, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> But according to the article, RTD likes Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall!
>>
>> RTD is 100% *not* going to retcon the 13th Doctor...
>
> Wait for his official statement!

RTD has said a few times that he likes Jodie's Doctor, so cancelling her
Doctor and having a "real" [i.e. male] 13th Doctor is not very likely.

I don't think RTD has said that he likes The Timeless Child stuff
though, so anything could happen there... although the direction S13
takes will tell a lot.

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 6:27:55 AM9/25/21
Who said RTD would eliminate it? He could well think it's a great idea
and build upon it? He could also choose to go forward with the 14th
Doctor and just ignore it? We won't know until it happens.

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 8:55:26 AM9/25/21
Unless the Timeless Child is removed from canon Doctor Who is dead and
will stay dead even with RTD as showrunner.

RTD has been specifically brought in to bring back children to watch the
show. Making the main protagonist into an abused child that was
repeatedly murdered by its mother is the worst thing anyone could do to
base a show directed at a family audience on.

RTD must drop all the PC racism, sexism, and bigotry that the BBC have
injected into Doctor Who since the end of Series 8. While the left wing
bigot, sexist and racist Piers Wenger remains head of BBC Drama and RTD
is constrained to insert misandry, race hate, child abuse, and represent
vocal intolerant minorities in every episode, turning it into a circus
freak show about them and not the story, and the show is to be used to
spread left wing propaganda instead of provide entertainment, the
ratings will continue to collapse.

The involvement of Bad Wolf Productions might be a way of lessening the
sexist and racist bigot Piers Wenger's influence and making it an
independent production.

Viewers will not return while the Timeless Child has not been removed
from canon and Chibnall says that the issue will not be addressed in
Whittaker's latest series not will the issue of Jo Martin. There's not
way RTD can continue these story arcs.

Therefore the only way of saving Doctor Who is by erasing the Chibnall
era entirely and for RTD to make clear from his very first episode which
will be the 60th Anniversary special that the Chibnall era never happened.

Eccleston will never return for the 60th anniversary under RTD and Bad
Wolf and why would anyone want Whittaker to be brought back in a
multi-Doctor story in the episode immediately after the one she's
supposed to have left in, and what about Martin? This suggests that
Davies might ignore the Chibnall era entirely and start with a new
Doctor immediately after Capaldi.

Doing a Dallas and erasing all of Chibnall's baggage as being a bad
dream in the opening scene is the only way a 60th Anniversary special
could work and this can only be done if Whittaker and Martin are never
mentioned again, unless Chibnall sees to it himself that the Timeless
Child is revealed to be a lie created by the Master and Jo Martin is an
incarnation from another parallel universe. But, like I said, Chibnall
has said he's not even addressing these issues, so the only way is Dallas.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:02:55 AM9/25/21
In article <6eCdnaP4Lv0GBNP8...@brightview.co.uk>,
Plagued is the correct word to use.

IMHO, the timeless Child is an abomination!

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:04:58 AM9/25/21
In article <2d48ce4e-c176-481f...@googlegroups.com>,
Because the Timeless Child arc is bogus!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:05:33 AM9/25/21
In article <a14fad4e-a1e8-438b...@googlegroups.com>,
Why?

> In
>> later stories it can also be made clear, as is indicated in The
>> Underworld, that regeneration was developed by Time Lord scientists as a
>> purely mechanical process which was then made biological after the Time
>> Lords discovered time travel and that Omega did not have the power to
>> regenerate and neither did Rassilon until then.
>
>Arc of Infinity: So Omega needed the Doctor's biodata in order to be
>able to regenerate?
>
>Would there be a mindbending contest in which the rules are clearly
>explained so as to explain why the 8 mystery faces in The Brain of
>Morbius WERE those of Morbius?

They should be!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:06:42 AM9/25/21
In article <1091e802-7d04-4dbb...@googlegroups.com>,
I have heard nothing offical other that RTD and Bad Wolf takes over!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:07:21 AM9/25/21
In article <1da3c3df-2853-4566...@googlegroups.com>,
Your logic hold no water.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:09:00 AM9/25/21
In article <5dc103ba-396b-4e3c...@googlegroups.com>,
No.

>That way RTD can start with a
>> clean sheet with the 14th Doctor alluded to have regenerated from Peter
>> Capaldi and arriving on Gallifrey just the way it looked in Hell Bent.
>
>Yads wants to actually SEE Peter Capaldi regenerate into a "Real Doctor 13".

And many others!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:09:47 AM9/25/21
In article <10848b86-c7ee-4bd1...@googlegroups.com>,
Why?

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:13:57 AM9/25/21
In article <simgur$oe3$2...@dont-email.me>,
That should all be part of the package.

>--
>solar penguin

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:14:23 AM9/25/21
In article <simguq$oe3$1...@dont-email.me>,
Hope not!!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:17:31 AM9/25/21
In article <713e73fe-437b-44a9...@googlegroups.com>,
That might be, but there should be some outsiders.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:18:33 AM9/25/21
In article <5d72a456-b3aa-4fd1...@googlegroups.com>,
I oppose the Timeless Child and what its revisions represents.

>> but unfortunately as long as the Timeless Child remains and Chibnall
>> doesn't remove it from canon himself along with the destruction of
>> Gallifray they can't and nor can anything else Chibnall has plagued
>> Doctor Who with. There is no way RTD can save Doctor Who without erasing
>> the entire Chibnall era and starting from a clean sheet, and that means
>> Whittaker must go too since the Timeless Child crap is referenced in her
>> second episode.
>>
>> There's only one solution and that is to do a Dallas. Chibnall's final
>> episode should show Whittaker being exterminated and blown up along with
>> the TARDIS with no regeneration occurring, just as Sue-Ellen was shown
>> being blown out of a top story window in the Ewing building in the final
>> episode of the series that never was.
>
>So an imaginary Dalek episode!

As you view it!

>That way RTD can start with a
>> clean sheet with the 14th Doctor alluded to have regenerated from Peter
>> Capaldi and arriving on Gallifrey just the way it looked in Hell Bent.
>> Jodie Whittaker and Jo Martine will never be referenced again, and
>> neither with the Timeless Child or the destruction of Gallifrey. In
>> later stories it can also be made clear, as is indicated in The
>> Underworld, that regeneration was developed by Time Lord scientists as a
>> purely mechanical process which was then made biological after the Time
>> Lords discovered time travel and that Omega did not have the power to
>> regenerate and neither did Rassilon until then.
>
>But wouldn't Jodie episodes continue to be shown in reruns and sold on DVDs?

Hope not!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:26:02 AM9/25/21
In article <simrta$scd$1...@dont-email.me>,
Retcon it!!!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:26:20 AM9/25/21
In article <c8525145-b333-4a43...@googlegroups.com>,
All the better!!

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:32:47 AM9/25/21

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:34:31 AM9/25/21

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:36:41 AM9/25/21
In article <simtai$6g9$1...@dont-email.me>,
I still await an official statement , not a preference statement!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:42:13 AM9/25/21
In article <simtja$7q0$1...@dont-email.me>,
Official statement needed.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:49:18 AM9/25/21
In article <Y_udnXXQzqqhgdL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
Right on!

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 9:51:21 AM9/25/21
In article <kr6dnfvwQPf7uNL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
Spot on!

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 11:10:41 AM9/25/21
3262 On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 6:26:20 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <c8525145-b333-4a43...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >3234 On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 2:59:07 AM UTC-7, Blueshirt wrote:

> >Chibnall!

> >> *That* is the question...
> >
> >RTD would not be able to eliminate the Timeless Child without
> >eliminating the Jodie Era.
> All the better!!

What makes you think that RTD is willing to erase Jodie?

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 1:01:31 PM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 14:06, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <1091e802-7d04-4dbb...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3205 On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 4:05:22 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Wait for his official statement!
>>
>> Have you heard rumors that RTD DOES plan to erase the Jodie Era as per Dallas?
>
> I have heard nothing official other that RTD and Bad Wolf takes over!

Yes. And RTD has openly stated he likes Jodie Whittaker and what his
mate Chris Chibnall have done... A Dallas style retcon *really* isn't
on the cards.

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 1:09:26 PM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 14:36, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <simtai$6g9$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>>
>> RTD has said a few times that he likes Jodie's Doctor, so cancelling her
>> Doctor and having a "real" [i.e. male] 13th Doctor is not very likely.
>>

> I still await an official statement, not a preference statement!

All you are make on RADW is preference statements! Retcon this, retcon
that... all of which are DELUSIONAL preference statements!

In his introduction to his Target novelisation of Rose, RTD wrote: "But
now, the Thirteenth Doctor has shown us Doctors galore, with infinite
possibilities. All Doctors exist. All stories are true."

And that is an exact RTD quote!

They are hardly the words of somebody who is going to have Peter Capaldi
step out of a shower and regenerate in to Olly Alexander [or whoever] as
the [real] 13th Doctor and write Jodie Whittaker completely out of
existence.

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 1:15:13 PM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 14:07, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <1da3c3df-2853-4566...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I assumed that RTD likes the Timeless Child, since the TC is a
>> significant part of the Jodie Era! If RTD detested the TC, he would not
>> be able to like Jodie Whittaker/Chris Chibnall!
>
> Your logic hold no water.

At least Tim is trying to use logic... as opposed to sticking his
fingers in his ears and going la la la la la, la la la, la la... hoping
the real world goes away.

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 1:56:51 PM9/25/21
In his prologue to The Underworld, Terrance Dicks implies that
regeneration was invented by the Time Lords as mechanical means for
allowing long space flights which they gave to the Minyans to enable
them to do the same.

"On a planet called Gallifrey there were the Time Lords, a people far
advanced in power and wisdom. They had already conquered Time and Space,
and were exploring the galaxies around them.

They landed on Minyos and studied the planet and its people. With the
best possible intentions, they decided to play god.

The results were catastrophic.

Not at first, of course. The Time Lords made themselves known to the
Minyans, who promptly began to worship them. The kindly space gods began
conferring the benefits of science upon them. They taught them the
beginnings of medicine, introduced the wheel, the plough, steam-power,
the internal combustion engine. They altered the structure of Minyan
society to accelerate their development.

The Minyans were a bright, aggressive race. They learned their new
lessons with astonishing speed. In a few short generations they raced up
the ladder of progress until they reached the level of atomic-powered
civilisation. Soon they had mastered space flight and began to explore
the planets around them.

Their teachers watched the Minyans’ progress with self-satisfied
approval. They even passed on the precious secret of bodily
regeneration, so that selected astronauts could make the long voyages
between the stars.

All in all, the Time Lords thought their experiments a great
success—until Minyan mobs surrounded their bases and began killing Time
Lords."

"The regeneration method of the Time Lords was largely a natural one. A
combination of genetic coding and long yoga-like training enabled them
to trigger the regeneration process themselves at the appropriate time.
The process used by the Minyans was machine-aided, swift, brutal and
mercilessly efficient."

The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts this
and therefore cannot be canon.

If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.

William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations
of the Doctor before him.

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 1:59:15 PM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 18:09, Blueshirt wrote:

> All you are make on RADW is preference statements! Retcon this, retcon
> that... all of which are DELUSIONAL preference statements!
>
> In his introduction to his Target novelisation of Rose, RTD wrote: "But
> now, the Thirteenth Doctor has shown us Doctors galore, with infinite
> possibilities. All Doctors exist. All stories are true."
>
> And that is an exact RTD quote!
>
> They are hardly the words of somebody who is going to have Peter Capaldi
> step out of a shower and regenerate in to Olly Alexander [or whoever] as
> the [real] 13th Doctor and write Jodie Whittaker completely out of
> existence.

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 2:04:32 PM9/25/21
He's doing nothing of the kind. Logic dictates that the character of the
Timeless Child must be erased from canon because the character of the
Timeless Child is NOT the character of the Doctor which is what makes
Doctor Who Doctor Who. You cannot change a character's origin story
after over 50 years from when it was established.

The Doctor is a Time Lord who left his home planet with his
granddaughter in a stolen TARDIS to go joy riding across the universe.
He is not a baby black girl from another dimension that was repeatedly
murdered by her mother and regenerated in every gender and race on the
planet Earth that he has no memory of because it was erased and he use
turned into a baby boy. On top of that the Doctor has a human mother as
was established in the TVM.

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 2:05:55 PM9/25/21

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 2:08:06 PM9/25/21

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:08:31 PM9/25/21
3280 On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 11:04:32 AM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 18:15, Blueshirt wrote:
> > On 25/09/2021 14:07, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Your logic hold no water.
> >
> > At least Tim is trying to use logic... as opposed to sticking his
> > fingers in his ears and going la la la la la, la la la, la la... hoping
> > the real world goes away.
> >
> He's doing nothing of the kind. Logic dictates that the character of the
> Timeless Child must be erased from canon because the character of the
> Timeless Child is NOT the character of the Doctor which is what makes
> Doctor Who Doctor Who. You cannot change a character's origin story
> after over 50 years from when it was established.
>
> The Doctor is a Time Lord who left his home planet with his
> granddaughter in a stolen TARDIS to go joy riding across the universe.
> He is not a baby black girl from another dimension that was repeatedly
> murdered by her mother and regenerated in every gender and race on the
> planet Earth that he has no memory of because it was erased and he use
> turned into a baby boy. On top of that the Doctor has a human mother as
> was established in the TVM.

What makes you think that either RTD or the BBC would follow the logic of the above paragraphs?

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 2:08:32 PM9/25/21

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:22:38 PM9/25/21
Well, "The Timeless Children" episode does confirm the part about the Time Lords' regeneration method involving genetic coding....genetic coding from the Timeless Child AKA the Doctor!

> The process used by the Minyans was machine-aided, swift, brutal and
> mercilessly efficient."
>
> The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts this
> and therefore cannot be canon.

I take it that TTD thinks that if the Timeless Child account were true, then the Time Lords would have provided the Minyans with regeneration abilities via DNA from the Timeless Child, not via a machine aided technology. However, maybe Minyan DNA was too different for the gene therapy method to work, so the Time Lords had to provide a technological work around.

> If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
> then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.

How would the BBC avoid losing face with such a maneuver?

> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations
> of the Doctor before him.

Is William Hartnell God?

Blueshirt

Sep 25, 2021, 2:23:49 PM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 19:08, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 18:09, Blueshirt wrote:
>
> In his prologue to The Underworld, Terrance Dicks implies that
> regeneration was invented by the Time Lords as mechanical means for
> allowing long space flights which they gave to the Minyans to enable
> them to do the same.
>
> [Snip]
>
> The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts this
> and therefore cannot be canon.
> If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
> then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.
> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations
> of the Doctor before him.

In your excitement at RTD returning do you really have to post
everything multiple times? ;-)

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 2:32:06 PM9/25/21
I posted it again because it wasn't appearing on the server.

If RTD carries on in the same direction as Chibnall including implying
that the Doctor was once a cat, then there is no way to revive the series.

Doctor Who ended in 2017. Let's see if RTD is serious in bringing it
back again.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 2:47:34 PM9/25/21
3291 On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 11:32:06 AM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 19:23, Blueshirt wrote:
> > On 25/09/2021 19:08, The True Doctor wrote:
> >> On 25/09/2021 18:09, Blueshirt wrote:
> >>
> >> In his prologue to The Underworld, Terrance Dicks implies that
> >> regeneration was invented by the Time Lords as mechanical means for
> >> allowing long space flights which they gave to the Minyans to enable
> >> them to do the same.
> >>
> >> [Snip]
> >>
> >> The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts
> >> this and therefore cannot be canon.
> >> If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
> >> then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.
> >> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other
> >> incarnations of the Doctor before him.
> >
> > In your excitement at RTD returning do you really have to post
> > everything multiple times? ;-)
> >
> I posted it again because it wasn't appearing on the server.
>
> If RTD carries on in the same direction as Chibnall including implying
> that the Doctor was once a cat, then there is no way to revive the series.

Which episode was that?

Your Name

Sep 25, 2021, 4:49:48 PM9/25/21
He's highly unlikely to say "Doctor Who has become crap" ... yet. Only
a complete idiot would denounce his predecessor and workplace *before*
taking over a job, but he could change his tune after being in the job
a little while or after he has moved on again.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:41:59 PM9/25/21
In article <0442fcfd-b66d-4141...@googlegroups.com>,
You mean the Timeless Child contribution.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:46:47 PM9/25/21
In article <sinkla$e12$1...@dont-email.me>,
That means nothing. He likes it is one thing.

Will it fit into his framework is another question.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:47:41 PM9/25/21
In article <sinl45$hfn$1...@dont-email.me>,
And that is speculation about Olly Alexander.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:48:08 PM9/25/21
In article <sinlf0$hfn$2...@dont-email.me>,
Tim logical? LOL! Tim acts on emotions rather than logic.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:48:31 PM9/25/21
In article <-padncU1bbF8_9L8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
Thank you for the facts.

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:48:46 PM9/25/21
In article <OK2dnevfgu3v_tL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
A logical argument.

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:49:04 PM9/25/21
In article <06ydnXAWHPcz-dL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 25/09/2021 18:15, Blueshirt wrote:
>> On 25/09/2021 14:07, The Doctor wrote:

>>> Your logic hold no water.
>>
>> At least Tim is trying to use logic... as opposed to sticking his
>> fingers in his ears and going la la la la la, la la la, la la... hoping
>> the real world goes away.
>>

>He's doing nothing of the kind. Logic dictates that the character of the
>Timeless Child must be erased from canon because the character of the
>Timeless Child is NOT the character of the Doctor which is what makes
>Doctor Who Doctor Who. You cannot change a character's origin story
>after over 50 years from when it was established.
>
>The Doctor is a Time Lord who left his home planet with his
>granddaughter in a stolen TARDIS to go joy riding across the universe.
>He is not a baby black girl from another dimension that was repeatedly
>murdered by her mother and regenerated in every gender and race on the
>planet Earth that he has no memory of because it was erased and he use
>turned into a baby boy. On top of that the Doctor has a human mother as
>was established in the TVM.

Hear! Hear!!

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:49:19 PM9/25/21
In article <06ydnXMWHPec-NL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
Let BS know the facts.

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:49:46 PM9/25/21
In article <b4ba38ac-6eec-47e3...@googlegroups.com>,
You alienated TTD! He is not answering you Toxic TiBr!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:50:11 PM9/25/21
In article <7175969e-e6d8-4dea...@googlegroups.com>,
It saves face!

>> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations
>> of the Doctor before him.
>
>Is William Hartnell God?

No.

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:50:35 PM9/25/21
In article <sinpfk$eir$1...@dont-email.me>,
Multiple times?

Check the post ID!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:51:46 PM9/25/21
In article <7s6dnae1VYy49tL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 25/09/2021 19:23, Blueshirt wrote:
>> On 25/09/2021 19:08, The True Doctor wrote:
>>> On 25/09/2021 18:09, Blueshirt wrote:
>>>
>>> In his prologue to The Underworld, Terrance Dicks implies that
>>> regeneration was invented by the Time Lords as mechanical means for
>>> allowing long space flights which they gave to the Minyans to enable
>>> them to do the same.
>>>
>>> [Snip]
>>>
>>> The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts
>>> this and therefore cannot be canon.
>>> If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
>>> then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.
>>> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other
>>> incarnations of the Doctor before him.
>>
>> In your excitement at RTD returning do you really have to post
>> everything multiple times? ;-)
>>

>I posted it again because it wasn't appearing on the server.
>
>If RTD carries on in the same direction as Chibnall including implying
>that the Doctor was once a cat, then there is no way to revive the series.
>
>Doctor Who ended in 2017. Let's see if RTD is serious in bringing it
>back again.

Server issues yet again.

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:53:37 PM9/25/21
In article <c4aa5ef2-43fc-4cff...@googlegroups.com>,
You really are dense Tim!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 7:04:03 PM9/25/21
In article <sio216$jjs$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Hear!! Hear!!!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 8:04:50 PM9/25/21
How would the BBC save face?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 8:08:18 PM9/25/21
I assumed that Chibnall would have had dialogue included in an episode saying that the Doctor was once a cat. If the cat-Doctor info isn't in any episode, then it isn't canonical, and therefore doesn't count.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 8:12:00 PM9/25/21
3332 On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 3:41:59 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <0442fcfd-b66d-4141...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >3262 On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 6:26:20 AM UTC-7,
> >netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> All the better!!
> >
> >What makes you think that RTD is willing to erase Jodie?
> You mean the Timeless Child contribution.

Yes. TTD thinks that RTD will have to erase ALL of Jodie to get rid of the Timeless Child!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 8:18:55 PM9/25/21
In article <eeb8efda-823d-43e3...@googlegroups.com>,
After the Chibnall disaster ...
If we search for what we want, that is all we will find.-unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 8:19:16 PM9/25/21
In article <f2a6f5fc-5948-4673...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes, you are dense Tim!

The Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 8:19:33 PM9/25/21
In article <4dc61819-e6bc-4bd2...@googlegroups.com>,
He is not the only one!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 9:06:45 PM9/25/21
The Ten Commandments
I am the Lord thy God: thou shalt not have strange Gods before me.

This formulation sounds similar to that of "William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations of the Doctor before him."

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 9:49:28 PM9/25/21
Where and when did Chibnall say that the Doctor was once a cat?

The True Doctor

Sep 25, 2021, 10:19:38 PM9/25/21
On 25/09/2021 07:52, solar penguin wrote:
> The Last Doctor let us know:
>
>> Russell T Davies.
>>
>> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
>>
>> Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
>> and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
>> conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
>> hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
>> diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
>> the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
>> gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.
>>

> The worry is that DW will become so strongly associated
> with RTD that no-one will want to take over when he leaves
> again.

No one wanted to take over after the mess Chibnall has made of the
series except JMS, and the BBC chose to bring back RTD, but why would
RTD want to come back after previously saying he would never writer for
Doctor Who again, or JMS even be interested?

Now I'm starting to suspect that Chibnall's scorched earth policy is
going to go further than anyone could ever imagine.

He's going to finish the series off literally. Whittaker will not
regenerate but after she gets her memories back of being the Timeless
Child during the final 2022 special she's going to ascend to godhood.

RTD isn't being brought back to continue Doctor Who. He's being brought
back to reboot it from the very start with a completely new first Doctor
for the 60th Anniversary. Why else would he want to come back? Why else
would JMS want the job after Chibnall has destroyed the entire franchise?

Doctor Who is dead. The series ended in 2017 and it will never ever
return. This is what I'm starting to fear.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2021, 3:31:10 AM9/26/21
And in the process convert the Daleks and Cybermen and Movellans to goodness? And resurrect Gallifrey?

> RTD isn't being brought back to continue Doctor Who. He's being brought
> back to reboot it from the very start with a completely new first Doctor
> for the 60th Anniversary. Why else would he want to come back? Why else
> would JMS want the job after Chibnall has destroyed the entire franchise?

Reboot plot: Being God burns out the Doctor's systems as per Rose (The Parting of the Ways), forcing her to regenerate into a baby. The Time Lords take the baby home, saying that this situation had happened before. Fast forwards 20 years for RTD's total reboot!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2021, 3:38:30 AM9/26/21
On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 7:19:38 PM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 07:52, solar penguin wrote:
> > The Last Doctor let us know:
> >
> >> Russell T Davies.
> >>
> >> Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner
> >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58682472
> >>
> >> Not sure what to think about that - yes, he oversaw the revival of the show
> >> and its most popular stars. But in some ways this feels like a very
> >> conservative move on the part of the BBC - a return to a “safe pair of
> >> hands”. But in other ways - well let’s just say that the anti PC, anti
> >> diversity, anti inclusion crowd aren’t going to get their way with RTD at
> >> the helm. In fact I bet he’s had assurances that the show being overtly pro
> >> gay will be fine by the BBC, or he wouldn’t go back.
> >>

> > The worry is that DW will become so strongly associated
> > with RTD that no-one will want to take over when he leaves
> > again.
> >

> No one wanted to take over after the mess Chibnall has made of the
> series except JMS, and the BBC chose to bring back RTD, but why would
> RTD want to come back after previously saying he would never writer for
> Doctor Who again, or JMS even be interested?

Have there been rumors of loads of people refusing to lead Doctor Who?

> Now I'm starting to suspect that Chibnall's scorched earth policy is
> going to go further than anyone could ever imagine.
>
> He's going to finish the series off literally. Whittaker will not
> regenerate but after she gets her memories back of being the Timeless
> Child during the final 2022 special she's going to ascend to godhood.
>
> RTD isn't being brought back to continue Doctor Who. He's being brought
> back to reboot it from the very start with a completely new first Doctor
> for the 60th Anniversary. Why else would he want to come back? Why else
> would JMS want the job after Chibnall has destroyed the entire franchise?

Why would RTD or JMS agree to have to reboot DW from scratch?

tsbru...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2021, 3:41:40 AM9/26/21
With the Doctor having lost all of its memories due to becoming a baby.

Blueshirt

Sep 26, 2021, 6:05:27 AM9/26/21
On 25/09/2021 21:49, Your Name wrote:
> On 2021-09-25 17:01:30 +0000, Blueshirt said:
>>
>> Yes. And RTD has openly stated he likes Jodie Whittaker and what his
>> mate Chris Chibnall have done...  A Dallas style retcon *really* isn't
>> on the cards.
>
> He's highly unlikely to say "Doctor Who has become crap" ... yet. Only a
> complete idiot would denounce his predecessor and workplace *before*
> taking over a job, but he could change his tune after being in the job a
> little while or after he has moved on again.

Correct, he wouldn't say that ... and yes, RTD could well change his
tune next year. I don't see it happening though, as speaking out about
his friend's ideas publicly could be seen as being disloyal, but
anything is possible.

I would imagine if there's anything RTD doesn't like from the Chibnall
era - and I'm sure there are some things - he'll just ignore it, as
opposed to spending time going back to retcon it. But as I said,
anything is possible.

Blueshirt

Sep 26, 2021, 6:17:10 AM9/26/21
On 25/09/2021 23:49, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <06ydnXMWHPec-NL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
> The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>
>> The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts this
>> and therefore cannot be canon.
>> If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
>> then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.
>> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations
>> of the Doctor before him.
>
> Let BS know the facts.

I know the facts; Doctor Who is a TV show about time travel and change,
there is no fixed 'canon'. It's 'canon', as such, [as there is no
official BBC Doctor Who canon] has been written, contradicted and
amended over 58 years by many different people.

You will find out the facts next year and also in 2023 with the 60th
anniversary...

Blueshirt

Sep 26, 2021, 6:21:52 AM9/26/21
On 25/09/2021 23:47, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <sinl45$hfn$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>> On 25/09/2021 14:36, The Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> I still await an official statement, not a preference statement!
>>
>> All you are make on RADW is preference statements! Retcon this, retcon
>> that... all of which are DELUSIONAL preference statements!
>>
>> In his introduction to his Target novelisation of Rose, RTD wrote: "But
>> now, the Thirteenth Doctor has shown us Doctors galore, with infinite
>> possibilities. All Doctors exist. All stories are true."
>>
>> And that is an exact RTD quote!
>>
>> They are hardly the words of somebody who is going to have Peter Capaldi
>> step out of a shower and regenerate in to Olly Alexander [or whoever] as
>> the [real] 13th Doctor and write Jodie Whittaker completely out of
>> existence.
>>

> And that is speculation about Olly Alexander.

They are heavy rumours, not a preference ... and those rumours still
haven't gone away. (In fact, RTD's appointment has given them more life!)

No smoke without fire and all that... ;-)

The Last Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 6:35:36 AM9/26/21
If RTD doesn’t pick a gay man as the actor for the next Doctor (I think the
odds on Olly Alexander may have shortened a lot, but I think he’s more
likely to be the companion - the Doctor isn’t overtly sexualised, but the
supporting cast is less constrained) then he’ll almost certainly pick a
person of colour and most likely a woman, and someone that the LGBTQ+ crowd
can empathise with. So I reckon the Doctor will out themselves as
non-binary by human standards (seeing as how the Doctor can fulfil many
gender roles via regeneration, that’s only logical anyway, it’s just never
been stated before).

As for the Timeless Children, if his intro to his “Rose” novelisation is to
be believed, he loves the general idea. Limitless Doctors future and past.
So no, he won’t retcon. Let’s just hope he ditches that bloody awful TARDIS
interior ASAP.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

The True Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 6:56:16 AM9/26/21
On 26/09/2021 11:17, Blueshirt wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 23:49, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <06ydnXMWHPec-NL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
>> The True Doctor  <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>>
>>> The Timeless Child Children and the entire Chibnall era contradicts this
>>> and therefore cannot be canon.
>>> If the Timeless Child is not erased from continuity by doing a Dallas
>>> then Doctor Who is dead and will stay dead.
>>> William Hartnell is the first Doctor and there are no other incarnations
>>> of the Doctor before him.
>>
>> Let BS know the facts.
>
> I know the facts; Doctor Who is a TV show about time travel and change,

Doctor Who is not about change, it's about the Hero's Journey. It's
message is that whatever might happen nothing changes. Earth is invaded
by Cyberman. No one remembers it and nothing changes. Earth is
transported half way across the universe by the Daleks. No one remember
is and nothing changes. Earth is attacked by one alien species after
another and no one learns or remembers anything.

> there is no fixed 'canon'. It's 'canon', as such, [as there is no

More nonsense which demonstrates that you don't understand literature.
Without canon there's no Doctor Who. It might as well be Batman.

> official BBC Doctor Who canon] has been written, contradicted and
> amended over 58 years by many different people.
>
> You will find out the facts next year and also in 2023 with the 60th
> anniversary...

Assuming it gets that far. There's still two more year's of Chibnall's
scorched earth policy.

The True Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 7:05:50 AM9/26/21
Who the hell do you think Doctor Who's main audience is? It's not
LGBTQXYZ+ minorities, it's a majority of WHMs (White Heterosexual Males).

> non-binary by human standards (seeing as how the Doctor can fulfil many
> gender roles via regeneration, that’s only logical anyway, it’s just never
> been stated before).

And the ratings will continue to nosedive, because the majority of the
population has no interest whatsoever in bigoted sexist and racist
gender and identity politics.

> As for the Timeless Children, if his intro to his “Rose” novelisation is to
> be believed, he loves the general idea. Limitless Doctors future and past.
> So no, he won’t retcon. Let’s just hope he ditches that bloody awful TARDIS
> interior ASAP.

Limitless Doctors future and past means that there is nothing special
about the Doctor whatsoever and why should anyone care about him?

The idea that everyone can be the Doctor is totally imbecilic, and is
contradicted by Davies himself where Eccleston tells Rose that he only
travels with people who have proven to themselves to be worthy. To be
the Doctor you must also be worthy and that limits who the Doctor can be.

Wokery has totally destroyed the entire series and RTD has shown himself
to be nothing more than a Bad Wolf in sheep's clothing.

The Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 7:42:17 AM9/26/21
In article <5a2a63f8-3f93-4e8d...@googlegroups.com>,
You really are dense Tim!

The Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 7:54:05 AM9/26/21
In article <74c7f6c5-0d78-4bfd...@googlegroups.com>,
Read the thread again!

The Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 7:56:13 AM9/26/21
In article <6MednTwNa8kkRdL8...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
I await RTD's official statement on the matter.

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 8:13:40 AM9/26/21
In article <ab0957ff-126c-4e01...@googlegroups.com>,
Reboot: Retcon the Timless Child!

The Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 8:14:05 AM9/26/21
In article <7af20539-7e92-409f...@googlegroups.com>,
From scratch? Just retcon the Timeless Child!

The Doctor

Sep 26, 2021, 8:14:25 AM9/26/21

Blueshirt

Sep 26, 2021, 8:14:51 AM9/26/21
On 26/09/2021 11:56, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 26/09/2021 11:17, Blueshirt wrote:
>>
>> I know the facts; Doctor Who is a TV show about time travel and change,
>
> Doctor Who is not about change, it's about the Hero's Journey.

If Doctor Who is not about change why do none of the Doctor's since 1966
look like William Hartnell? The current Doctor is female, she certainly
changed. The Doctor changes, their TARDIS changes, what's written can be
changed. How can it not be about change when it's a TV show based on
travel through time and space. What's constant about that?

>> there is no fixed 'canon'. Its 'canon' as such, [there is no official BBC Doctor Who canon]
>
> Without canon there's no Doctor Who. It might as well be Batman.

The pre-Hartnell Doctors in "The Brain of Morbius" must be canon so, as
they were part of the TV show... or did that change? Jodie Whittaker is
the Doctor, we've seen her as The Doctor on TV... she must be canon too?

If your canon is the TV show then you can't have it both ways...

It is loading more messages.