[NEWS] Whittaker & Chibnall quitting after 2022

Your Name

Jul 29, 2021, 4:38:42 PM7/29/21

YEA!!!!

So, which black / asian actress in a wheelchair are the "Politically
Correct" / "Equality" / "Dversity" morons going to replace Whittaker
with??

As for "Three season and out", if the BBC management knew that, it's
simply another reason neither of them should have been given the job.
If you can't be bothered sticking around for an on-going show, then
don't bother applying.

From BBC.com ...

Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave in 2022
Jodie Whittaker is to step down from the lead role in Doctor Who,
the BBC has confirmed.

The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn 2022,
along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.

Whittaker will star in a new six-part series later this year, and
three specials next year, before she exits.

In a statement, Whittaker paid tribute to Chibnall and the Doctor
Who team, adding: "I will carry the Doctor and the lessons I've
learnt forever."

Chibnall, who appointed the actress to replace Peter Capaldi in
the role, has been in charge of the BBC One series since 2017.

It has not yet been announced who will take over from Whittaker
in the leading role.

"In 2017 I opened my glorious gift box of size 13 shoes,"
Whittaker said in a statement. "I could not have guessed the
brilliant adventures, worlds and wonders I was to see in them."

She continued: "My heart is so full of love for this show, for
the team who make it, for the fans who watch it and for what it
has brought to my life."

"And I cannot thank Chris enough for entrusting me with his
incredible stories. We knew that we wanted to ride this wave
side by side, and pass on the baton together. So here we are,
weeks away from wrapping on the best job I have ever had. I don't
think I'll ever be able to express what this role has given me.
I will carry the Doctor and the lessons I've learnt forever.

"I know change can be scary and none of us know what's out there.
That's why we keep looking. Travel hopefully. The universe will
surprise you. Constantly."

For her final series, Whittaker will once again be joined by
Mandip Gill as Yaz, and comedian John Bishop, who will play a
new character named Dan.

The 13th Doctor's first episode in October 2018 was watched by
11.5m viewers, in the sci-fi drama's biggest audience for almost
a decade. It was also the biggest show of that week, ahead of
Strictly Come Dancing and the Great British Bake Off.

But the show's ratings have dropped in recent years. Whittaker's
last episode, broadcast in January, attracted a consolidated
audience of 6.3 million.

While many have praised Whittaker's casting, some fans and
critics have criticised the show's recent narrative direction.

The Telegraph described recent episodes as "flat, worthy and
woke" despite Whittaker's talent as an actress, while The Sun
reported viewers were left furious by the show's "unbearable
political correctness".

One of the long-running drama's unique features has been
regeneration, where the Doctor completely changes their physical
appearance, allowing the show to recast its lead role every few
years.

Chibnall is currently writing and producing the next series of
Doctor Who, which will air later this year. It will be followed
by three specials, the first of which will be broadcast on New
Year's Day 2022, with another later in spring 2022.

Whittaker's final feature-length special, where the 13th Doctor
will regenerate, will transmit in autumn 2022 as part of the
BBC's Centenary celebrations.

Speculation will now turn to who Whittaker's replacement might
be, as Doctor Who approaches its 60th anniversary in 2023.

As well as introducing Whittaker as the first female Doctor,
Chibnall also brought in Tosin Cole as Ryan, Mandip Gill (Yaz)
and Bradley Walsh (Graham).

Episodes such as Rosa, Demons of the Punjab and Spyfall
thrilled audiences, and netted the show two Bafta Must See
Moment nominations, along with multiple National Television
Award, Bafta Cymru, TV Choice and Critics Choice nominations.

In 2020, Whittaker was voted second most popular Doctor of
all-time in a poll of 50,000 fans for the Radio Times, losing
out to David Tennant.

'Three seasons and out'
Chibnall said: "Jodie and I made a 'three series and out' pact
with each other at the start of this once-in-a-lifetime blast.
So now our shift is done, and we're handing back the Tardis
keys.

"Jodie's magnificent, iconic Doctor has exceeded all our high
expectations. She's been the gold standard leading actor,
shouldering the responsibility of being the first female Doctor
with style, strength, warmth, generosity and humour."

He added: "She captured the public imagination and continues
to inspire adoration around the world, as well as from
everyone on the production.

"I can't imagine working with a more inspiring Doctor - so I'm
not going to!"

<https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57940451>

The True Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 4:43:38 PM7/29/21
On 29/07/2021 21:38, Your Name wrote:

> YEA!!!!
>
> So, which black / asian actress in a wheelchair are the "Politically
> Correct" / "Equality" / "Dversity" morons going to replace Whittaker with??

You mean the left wing racists, sexists, and bigots who can't tolerate
anyone who has an opinion that differs from their divisive ideology.

> As for "Three season and out", if the BBC management knew that, it's
> simply another reason neither of them should have been given the job. If
> you can't be bothered sticking around for an on-going show, then don't
> bother applying.
>

> From BBC.com ...
>

>    Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave in 2022
>    ---------------------------------------------------------------
>    Jodie Whittaker is to step down from the lead role in Doctor Who,
>    the BBC has confirmed.
>
>    The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn 2022,
>    along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.

Good riddance to both of them, but unfortunately the damage has already
been done and it's destroyed the entire franchise.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 4:46:44 PM7/29/21
2547, 2548 On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 29/07/2021 21:38, Your Name wrote:
> >
> > YEA!!!!
> >
> > So, which black / asian actress in a wheelchair are the "Politically
> > Correct" / "Equality" / "Dversity" morons going to replace Whittaker with??
> >
> You mean the left wing racists, sexists, and bigots who can't tolerate
> anyone who has an opinion that differs from their divisive ideology.
> > As for "Three season and out", if the BBC management knew that, it's
> > simply another reason neither of them should have been given the job. If
> > you can't be bothered sticking around for an on-going show, then don't
> > bother applying.
> >

> > From BBC.com ...
> >

> > Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave in 2022
> > Jodie Whittaker is to step down from the lead role in Doctor Who,
> > the BBC has confirmed.
> >
> > The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn 2022,
> > along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.
> >
> Good riddance to both of them, but unfortunately the damage has already
> been done and it's destroyed the entire franchise.

Plot: To restore Gallifrey, JodieDoc discovers that she must rewind her timeline back to Doctor 12's regeneration. He then regenerates into a black man, then arrives at the pre-Civil Wr Southern plantation where he becomes a slave.

Your Name

Jul 29, 2021, 5:19:50 PM7/29/21
On 2021-07-29 20:43:36 +0000, The True Doctor said:
> On 29/07/2021 21:38, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> YEA!!!!
>>
>> So, which black / asian actress in a wheelchair are the "Politically
>> Correct" / "Equality" / "Dversity" morons going to replace Whittaker
>> with??
>>

> You mean the left wing racists, sexists, and bigots who can't tolerate
> anyone who has an opinion that differs from their divisive ideology.
>
>> As for "Three season and out", if the BBC management knew that, it's
>> simply another reason neither of them should have been given the job.
>> If you can't be bothered sticking around for an on-going show, then
>> don't bother applying.
>>

>> From BBC.com ...
>>

>>    Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave in 2022
>>    ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>    Jodie Whittaker is to step down from the lead role in Doctor Who,
>>    the BBC has confirmed.
>>
>>    The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn 2022,
>>    along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.
>
> Good riddance to both of them, but unfortunately the damage has already
> been done and it's destroyed the entire franchise.

The rot started when they stupidly gender-swapped The Master simply to
appease the "Politically Correct" morons.

Your Name

Jul 29, 2021, 5:23:43 PM7/29/21
Nah, that still leaves JodieDoc *and* adds a pointless black Doctor.

Much better to have the real 13th Doctor, a white male (shock, horror,
outrage!) turns up and *he* arrests JodieDoc for going around falsely
pretending to be him. That way it fully removes the stupid "Politically
Correct-erised" nonsense properly.

Blueshirt

Jul 29, 2021, 5:40:59 PM7/29/21
I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
those scripts they'd have struggled.

I think three companions in the modern era was too much as well. Trying
to fit everyone in meant a companion was often sidelined and left with
no room for development.

Change my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon...

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 5:47:41 PM7/29/21
Will he bring a Judoon squad with him to help find JodiDoc?

How would you explain the fact that we all saw Peter Capaldi regenerate into Jodie Whittaker?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 5:53:31 PM7/29/21
Fugitive of the Judoon: Why then did the Judoon scanners ID BOTH JodieDoc AND the Jo Martin Doctor as the fugitive (the rogue Doctor who went AWOL from The Division) they were chasing?

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:42:02 PM7/29/21
In article <sdv3kg$9s1$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Hopefully the BBC does not make the same mistake!
Nova Scotia on 17 Aug 2021 vote Liberal! Beware https://mindspring.com

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:42:38 PM7/29/21
In article <Y6KdnTdc64tkj578...@brightview.co.uk>,
The True Doctor <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 29/07/2021 21:38, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> YEA!!!!
>>
>> So, which black / asian actress in a wheelchair are the "Politically
>> Correct" / "Equality" / "Dversity" morons going to replace Whittaker with??
>>

>You mean the left wing racists, sexists, and bigots who can't tolerate
>anyone who has an opinion that differs from their divisive ideology.
>
>> As for "Three season and out", if the BBC management knew that, it's
>> simply another reason neither of them should have been given the job. If
>> you can't be bothered sticking around for an on-going show, then don't
>> bother applying.
>>

>> From BBC.com ...
>>

>>    Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave in 2022
>>    ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>    Jodie Whittaker is to step down from the lead role in Doctor Who,
>>    the BBC has confirmed.
>>
>>    The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn 2022,
>>    along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.
>>

>Good riddance to both of them, but unfortunately the damage has already
>been done and it's destroyed the entire franchise.

Retcon the Timeless Child.

>--
>The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>
>"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>stands for." -William Shatner

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:43:11 PM7/29/21

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:46:31 PM7/29/21
In article <sdv61k$1b5k$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Concurred!

Hence why I do not want to see Gaiman AND Gatiss as potential showrunners!

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:46:54 PM7/29/21
In article <sdv68s$1eap$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
YN for showrunner!

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:47:25 PM7/29/21
In article <sdv799$lru$1...@dont-email.me>,
Chibnall/Whittaker Era will be viewed as a disaster!

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:48:06 PM7/29/21
In article <2b215945-5a8f-4b67...@googlegroups.com>,
Bogus!

>How would you explain the fact that we all saw Peter Capaldi regenerate
>into Jodie Whittaker?

IT never happened!

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:48:15 PM7/29/21
In article <26c6804e-9925-40f0...@googlegroups.com>,
Bogus!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 6:48:17 PM7/29/21
But my plot unhappens JodieDoc, just as you request!

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2021, 6:50:45 PM7/29/21
In article <f5fc5bc2-b883-48dd...@googlegroups.com>,
I am with YN!

Hornplayer9599

Jul 31, 2021, 11:27:00 PM7/31/21
Blueshirt wrote:

> I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
> bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
> getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
> those scripts they'd have struggled.

I take a more simplistic approach:

Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.

Hard for me to condemn Jodie's career in toto as I haven't seen any of
her non-Dr. Who work...but as far as Dr. Who is concerned, she wasn't
suited for the part, and it showed on camera; since she and Chibnall
had worked together previously he should have known that, and if they
were Hell-bent on having a female Doctor, they needed to find another
actress that was more suited for the part.

What I can critque her for is: 1. She made it look like she can't
critically analize the quality of a script since I have never heard of
her going to Chibnall and telling him, "These scripts are horrible",
and 2. From hearing some of her interviews, it sounded like she didn't
do a lot of preparation for the role, or the stories they were doing
(which could also contribute to my first point).

> I think three companions in the modern era was too much as well.
> Trying to fit everyone in meant a companion was often sidelined and
> left with no room for development.

I chalk this up to the fact that, in the modern era, the stories are
normally one episode in legnth...on occasion two. In addition, the
pacing in one episode stories is way too fast, and by necessity the
stories are a lot more shallow than in the classic era (no time for any
complex plot devices to fully play out). When you have 4-6 episodes to
work with, you can write a story that has a lot more depth to it...and
give more characters a chance to make a meaningful contribution to the
story and to develop.

> Change my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon...

I...I...I.... :)

--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality,
gender, ability, or size.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 11:45:27 PM7/31/21
How then did I see it happen on my TV?

Your Name

Aug 1, 2021, 12:23:53 AM8/1/21
You were really asleep and having the worst nightmare ever. ;-)

Blueshirt

Aug 1, 2021, 6:24:54 AM8/1/21
On 01/08/2021 04:26, Hornplayer9599 wrote:
> Blueshirt wrote:
>> I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
>> bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
>> getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
>> those scripts they'd have struggled.
>
> I take a more simplistic approach:
>
> Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
> actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.

The first female Doctor was always going to be a struggle as The Doctor
template had been Male since 1963 so the first actress cast in that role
was going to be relying on the writing and direction to carry such a
bold move like that off. I think Jodie Whittaker is a good actress and
at times was very good as The Doctor, there were times though where the
writing was so poor and dialogue so silly that those stories - and the
13th Doctor - just didn't work.

> Hard for me to condemn Jodie's career in toto as I haven't seen any of
> her non-Dr. Who work...but as far as Dr. Who is concerned, she wasn't
> suited for the part, and it showed on camera; since she and Chibnall
> had worked together previously he should have known that, and if they
> were Hell-bent on having a female Doctor, they needed to find another
> actress that was more suited for the part.

Good drama should have strong characters regardless of gender, the 13th
Doctor was very poorly written so I point the finger more in Chris
Chibnall's direction. It could be I'm getting old and everything sounds
silly, but I cringed a lot at some of the writing in some episodes.

>> I think three companions in the modern era was too much as well.
>> Trying to fit everyone in meant a companion was often sidelined and
>> left with no room for development.
>
> I chalk this up to the fact that, in the modern era, the stories are
> normally one episode in length...on occasion two.

That's pretty much it. The Doctor plus one companion is ideal for a 60
minute episode, two maybe at a push, but any more in the TARDIS just
leaves characters being sidelined. Chibnall tried to tick all the boxes
but having three companions alongside the 13th Doctor just didn't work.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:44:30 AM8/1/21
In article <tp6dnSvVP5rjiZv8...@giganews.com>,
Hornplayer9599 <hornpla...@aol.com> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote:
>
>> I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
>> bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
>> getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
>> those scripts they'd have struggled.
>
>I take a more simplistic approach:
>
>Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
>actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.

Exactly the Chibnall / Whittaker Nightmare Reign of Error.

>Hard for me to condemn Jodie's career in toto as I haven't seen any of
>her non-Dr. Who work...but as far as Dr. Who is concerned, she wasn't
>suited for the part, and it showed on camera; since she and Chibnall
>had worked together previously he should have known that, and if they
>were Hell-bent on having a female Doctor, they needed to find another
>actress that was more suited for the part.

Just terrible.

>What I can critque her for is: 1. She made it look like she can't
>critically analize the quality of a script since I have never heard of
>her going to Chibnall and telling him, "These scripts are horrible",
>and 2. From hearing some of her interviews, it sounded like she didn't
>do a lot of preparation for the role, or the stories they were doing
>(which could also contribute to my first point).

She is not worthy of the role.

>> I think three companions in the modern era was too much as well.
>> Trying to fit everyone in meant a companion was often sidelined and
>> left with no room for development.
>
>I chalk this up to the fact that, in the modern era, the stories are
>normally one episode in legnth...on occasion two. In addition, the
>pacing in one episode stories is way too fast, and by necessity the
>stories are a lot more shallow than in the classic era (no time for any
>complex plot devices to fully play out). When you have 4-6 episodes to
>work with, you can write a story that has a lot more depth to it...and
>give more characters a chance to make a meaningful contribution to the
>story and to develop.

Chibnall is a disaster!

>> Change my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon...
>
>I...I...I.... :)

Spot on!

>--
>I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality,
>gender, ability, or size.
>I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:46:09 AM8/1/21
In article <4c405fd0-2137-4e75...@googlegroups.com>,
You are in a virtual nightmare!

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:46:21 AM8/1/21
In article <se57km$b62$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Exactly!!

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:55:12 AM8/1/21
In article <se5spl$n4k$1...@dont-email.me>,
Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>On 01/08/2021 04:26, Hornplayer9599 wrote:
>> Blueshirt wrote:
>>> I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
>>> bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
>>> getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
>>> those scripts they'd have struggled.
>>
>> I take a more simplistic approach:
>>
>> Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
>> actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.
>
>The first female Doctor was always going to be a struggle as The Doctor
>template had been Male since 1963 so the first actress cast in that role
>was going to be relying on the writing and direction to carry such a
>bold move like that off. I think Jodie Whittaker is a good actress and
>at times was very good as The Doctor, there were times though where the
>writing was so poor and dialogue so silly that those stories - and the
>13th Doctor - just didn't work.

What about Joanna Lumley or Olivia Colman?

>> Hard for me to condemn Jodie's career in toto as I haven't seen any of
>> her non-Dr. Who work...but as far as Dr. Who is concerned, she wasn't
>> suited for the part, and it showed on camera; since she and Chibnall
>> had worked together previously he should have known that, and if they
>> were Hell-bent on having a female Doctor, they needed to find another
>> actress that was more suited for the part.
>
>Good drama should have strong characters regardless of gender, the 13th
>Doctor was very poorly written so I point the finger more in Chris
>Chibnall's direction. It could be I'm getting old and everything sounds
>silly, but I cringed a lot at some of the writing in some episodes.

Terrible plots!

>>> I think three companions in the modern era was too much as well.
>>> Trying to fit everyone in meant a companion was often sidelined and
>>> left with no room for development.
>>
>> I chalk this up to the fact that, in the modern era, the stories are
>> normally one episode in length...on occasion two.
>
>That's pretty much it. The Doctor plus one companion is ideal for a 60
>minute episode, two maybe at a push, but any more in the TARDIS just
>leaves characters being sidelined. Chibnall tried to tick all the boxes
>but having three companions alongside the 13th Doctor just didn't work.

The nightmare Era that makes JN-T shines!

Blueshirt

Aug 1, 2021, 12:47:53 PM8/1/21
On 01/08/2021 12:55, The Doctor wrote:
> Blueshirt wrote:
>> The first female Doctor was always going to be a struggle as The Doctor
>> template had been Male since 1963 so the first actress cast in that role
>> was going to be relying on the writing and direction to carry such a
>> bold move like that off. I think Jodie Whittaker is a good actress and
>> at times was very good as The Doctor, there were times though where the
>> writing was so poor and dialogue so silly that those stories - and the
>> 13th Doctor - just didn't work.
>
> What about Joanna Lumley or Olivia Colman?

With some of the poor dialogue in those scripts and the same Producer
and Director (etc.), no I don't think the stories would have been any
better.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 12:51:25 PM8/1/21
68, 69 On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 8:27:00 PM UTC-7, Hornplayer9599 wrote:
> Blueshirt wrote:
>
> > I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
> > bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
> > getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
> > those scripts they'd have struggled.
> I take a more simplistic approach:
>
> Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
> actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.
>
> Hard for me to condemn Jodie's career in toto as I haven't seen any of
> her non-Dr. Who work...but as far as Dr. Who is concerned, she wasn't
> suited for the part, and it showed on camera; since she and Chibnall
> had worked together previously he should have known that, and if they
> were Hell-bent on having a female Doctor, they needed to find another
> actress that was more suited for the part.
>
> What I can critque her for is: 1. She made it look like she can't
> critically analize the quality of a script since I have never heard of
> her going to Chibnall and telling him, "These scripts are horrible",
> and 2. From hearing some of her interviews, it sounded like she didn't
> do a lot of preparation for the role, or the stories they were doing
> (which could also contribute to my first point).

Do you think that the BBC should simply erase the Jodie Era?

Blueshirt

Aug 1, 2021, 2:04:31 PM8/1/21
Regardless of what anyone thinks, erasing the Jodie Whittaker era is not
something the BBC are likely to do. It's not impossible, but I would be
*very* surpsised if it happened.

Blueshirt

Aug 1, 2021, 2:17:04 PM8/1/21
> very surpsised if it happened.

... I might even be surprised too! ;-)

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 2:24:42 PM8/1/21
I hadn't noticed the typo!

Your Name

Aug 1, 2021, 5:09:49 PM8/1/21
On 2021-08-01 10:24:52 +0000, Blueshirt said:

> On 01/08/2021 04:26, Hornplayer9599 wrote:
>> Blueshirt wrote:
>>> I'll be glad to see the back of Chris Chibnall. Jodie Whittaker never
>>> bothered me, it was the crappy writing and social preaching that was
>>> getting on my nerves. No matter who had been the Doctor, with some of
>>> those scripts they'd have struggled.
>>
>> I take a more simplistic approach:
>>
>> Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
>> actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.
>
> The first female Doctor was always going to be a struggle
<snip>

There should never ever have been a female in the role ... it's a male
character. It's also a white character, so there should never ever be a
black or asian person in the role either.

This current fad of continually pandering to the "Politically Correct"
morons is simply idiotic.

Blueshirt

Aug 1, 2021, 5:22:47 PM8/1/21
On 01/08/2021 22:09, Your Name wrote:

> This current fad of continually pandering to the "Politically Correct"
> morons is simply idiotic.

That's as maybe, but I don't see the BBC changing the way it does things
anytime soon.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:19:02 PM8/1/21
In article <se6j7n$ja8$3...@dont-email.me>,
Therefore Chibnall uscks!

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:19:29 PM8/1/21
In article <41df27d8-6139-4433...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes, if they want good ratings and positive sales.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:21:02 PM8/1/21
In article <xn0n14jgu...@nntp.aioe.org>,
Oh?!

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:22:47 PM8/1/21
In article <xn0n14js1...@nntp.aioe.org>,
I won't after the disastrous PR period this have been.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:25:28 PM8/1/21
In article <d6af7909-7f1e-4435...@googlegroups.com>,
Surprise!

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:30:42 PM8/1/21
In article <se72io$1n9$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
nd wrecks the whole genre!

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 7:33:43 PM8/1/21
In article <se73b5$au$2...@dont-email.me>,
Boris J OTOH ...

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 9:02:38 PM8/1/21
Have professional polling organizations polled Doctor Who fans and come up with the above result?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 9:04:12 PM8/1/21
95 On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 4:33:43 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <se73b5$au$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
> >On 01/08/2021 22:09, Your Name wrote:
> >>
> >> This current fad of continually pandering to the "Politically Correct"
> >> morons is simply idiotic.
> >
> >That's as maybe, but I don't see the BBC changing the way it does things
> >anytime soon.
> Boris J OTOH ...

Has he been talking about changing the BBC management? Does he have the authority to change the BBC management?

Your Name

Aug 1, 2021, 9:39:25 PM8/1/21
It's not going to change anywhere. It's the latest fad to make
companies and governments look good and appease the loud-mouthed
whiners. The reality is that most people see it as utter stupidity or
couldn't care less.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 10:31:21 PM8/1/21
In article <a5c90cdd-f28e-40e9...@googlegroups.com>,
If only.

Still you did a poll.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 10:31:44 PM8/1/21
In article <39d8e873-37d9-41a7...@googlegroups.com>,
Heritiage Minister can change out BBC management.

The Doctor

Aug 1, 2021, 10:35:43 PM8/1/21
In article <se7ica$udo$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
And failing!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2021, 11:50:29 PM8/3/21
375 On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 3:42:02 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > 'Three seasons and out'
> > Chibnall said: "Jodie and I made a 'three series and out' pact
> > with each other at the start of this once-in-a-lifetime blast.
> > So now our shift is done, and we're handing back the Tardis
> > keys.
> >
> > "Jodie's magnificent, iconic Doctor has exceeded all our high
> > expectations. She's been the gold standard leading actor,
> > shouldering the responsibility of being the first female Doctor
> > with style, strength, warmth, generosity and humour."
> >
> > He added: "She captured the public imagination and continues
> > to inspire adoration around the world, as well as from
> > everyone on the production.
> >
> > "I can't imagine working with a more inspiring Doctor - so I'm
> > not going to!"
> >

> ><https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57940451>
> >

> Hopefully the BBC does not make the same mistake!

Are you spearheading a letter writing campaign?

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2021, 11:51:31 PM8/3/21
376 On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 7:31:44 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <39d8e873-37d9-41a7...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >95 On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 4:33:43 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Boris J OTOH ...
> >
> >Has he been talking about changing the BBC management? Does he have the
> >authority to change the BBC management?
> Heritiage Minister can change out BBC management.

But Boris isn't the Heritiage Minister!

The Doctor

Aug 4, 2021, 12:25:46 AM8/4/21
In article <14416a23-8a5e-4993...@googlegroups.com>,
Why a letter campaign.

And do you remember your facebook poll?

The Doctor

Aug 4, 2021, 12:26:12 AM8/4/21
In article <821ab393-26ab-49cd...@googlegroups.com>,
But he assigns a Secretary of State for Heritage.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2021, 3:30:59 AM8/4/21
To urge the BBC to erase the JodieDoc era and re-male the Doctor!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2021, 3:32:38 AM8/4/21
389 On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 9:26:12 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
> In article <821ab393-26ab-49cd...@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >376 On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 7:31:44 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Heritiage Minister can change out BBC management.
> >
> >But Boris isn't the Heritiage Minister!
> But he assigns a Secretary of State for Heritage.

Whom you expect to appoint people who will erase JodieDoc?

The Doctor

Aug 4, 2021, 11:27:42 AM8/4/21
In article <54dd2eb0-97fb-497f...@googlegroups.com>,
Social Media is also useful!

The Doctor

Aug 4, 2021, 11:28:05 AM8/4/21
In article <4d22cf7b-7279-4ac4...@googlegroups.com>,
As the Secy of State.

Daniel65

Aug 21, 2021, 10:12:10 AM8/21/21
tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 30/7/21 6:46 am:
> 2547, 2548 On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-7, The True
> Doctor wrote:
>> On 29/07/2021 21:38, Your Name wrote:
>>>
>>> YEA!!!!
>>>
>>> So, which black / asian actress in a wheelchair are the
>>> "Politically Correct" / "Equality" / "Dversity" morons going to
>>> replace Whittaker with??
>>>
>> You mean the left wing racists, sexists, and bigots who can't
>> tolerate anyone who has an opinion that differs from their divisive
>> ideology.
>>> As for "Three season and out", if the BBC management knew that,
>>> it's simply another reason neither of them should have been given
>>> the job. If you can't be bothered sticking around for an on-going
>>> show, then don't bother applying.
>>>
>>> From BBC.com ...
>>>
>>> Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave in 2022
>>> Jodie Whittaker is to step down from the lead role in Doctor
>>> Who, the BBC has confirmed.
>>>
>>> The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn
>>> 2022, along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.
>>>
>> Good riddance to both of them, but unfortunately the damage has
>> already been done and it's destroyed the entire franchise.
>
> Plot: To restore Gallifrey, JodieDoc discovers that she must rewind
> her timeline back to Doctor 12's regeneration. He then regenerates
> into a black man, then arrives at the pre-Civil Wr Southern
> plantation where he becomes a slave.

Tim, this is not the first time you have proposed this 'storyline'.

Has it EVER gotten a positive reaction, Tim??
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Aug 21, 2021, 5:53:59 PM8/21/21
In article <sfr1jo$dha$1...@dont-email.me>,
No!

>--
>Daniel

Canada on 20 Sept 2021 vote ! Beware https://mindspring.com

Daniel65

Aug 22, 2021, 8:09:53 AM8/22/21
Your Name wrote on 30/7/21 7:23 am:
> Nah, that still leaves JodieDoc *and* adds a pointless black Doctor.
>
> Much better to have the real 13th Doctor, a white male (shock, horror,
> outrage!) turns up and *he* arrests JodieDoc for going around falsely
> pretending to be him. That way it fully removes the stupid "Politically
> Correct-erised" nonsense properly.

Say What?? So you're suggesting it would be better to have some unknown,
unnamed Time Lord running around all over time and space evading "The
(Real) Doctor" rather than just accepting that Time Lords can change sex
whilst regenerating?

Really!! Does the saying "Oh, what a tangled web we weave ..... " spring
to mind??
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Aug 22, 2021, 8:15:01 AM8/22/21
The Doctor wrote on 22/8/21 7:53 am:
So why do you keep suggesting it, Tim??
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 8:23:54 AM8/22/21
In article <sfteqf$o13$1...@dont-email.me>,
Siobahn?

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 8:24:56 AM8/22/21
In article <sftf43$p99$1...@dont-email.me>,
A mandatory answer from Tim is required!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 9:10:42 AM8/22/21
To please Yads' desire to retcon JodieDoc.

tsbru...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 9:12:31 AM8/22/21
Yads answered no to the first Q, not me.

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 5:38:41 PM8/22/21
In article <d30243a8-d536-457c...@googlegroups.com>,
And still no one approves of your ideas TBr!

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 5:39:03 PM8/22/21
In article <7e0703d4-e69f-4ab2...@googlegroups.com>,
In respond to a tautology!

Your Name

Aug 22, 2021, 5:50:59 PM8/22/21
There are a ton of other Time Lords as well as other TARDISes (TARDi?),
so it's easily possible for someone else to be "running around". Hell,
JodieDoc could even escape custody to give the show a new enemy of the
real Doctor to reappear in future seasons. Unfortunately this solution
does still leave us with the idiotic femMaster nonsense.

Another solution is the real Doctor wakes up to find it was thankfully
all just a bad dream after eating too much fish fingers and custard
before bedtime. This soultion is even better since you can have the
dream part starting with the ridiculous femMaster and fix both stupid
"Politically Correcterising" ideas at the same time.

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 5:59:54 PM8/22/21
In article <sfugs0$1is8$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
I go with the other solution!

tsbru...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 6:11:24 PM8/22/21
So erase Peter Capaldi as well as Jodie Whittaker?

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 8:28:32 PM8/22/21
In article <6b4a6696-41ec-4734...@googlegroups.com>,
Not Capaldi, but the faux Master!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 8:44:22 PM8/22/21
Missy appeared in Peter Capaldi's first full episode.

The Doctor

Aug 22, 2021, 10:40:13 PM8/22/21
In article <0a3dcc47-85d0-4fc6...@googlegroups.com>,
In Breathe Deep?

Your Name

Aug 23, 2021, 12:13:02 AM8/23/21
No great loss ... Crapaldi was badly miscast anyway.

Daniel65

Aug 23, 2021, 8:05:21 AM8/23/21
tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 23/8/21 8:11 am:
That was what I thought 'Your Name' was advocating with his mentioning
of "eating too much fish fingers and custard", so taking us back to
Doctor Matt .... and he, Matt Smith, would be of an age to possible
carry it off!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Aug 23, 2021, 8:08:15 AM8/23/21
tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 22/8/21 11:10 pm:
But, I'm sure the idiot has knocked that idea back as well, Tim, even
given his hatred of JodieDoc!!
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Aug 23, 2021, 8:09:36 AM8/23/21
The Doctor wrote on 23/8/21 7:39 am:
"respond"?? "tautology"??
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Aug 23, 2021, 8:34:47 AM8/23/21
The Doctor wrote on 1/8/21 9:55 pm:
> In article <se5spl$n4k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:
>>>
>>> I take a more simplistic approach:
>>>
>>> Bad producer + Bad story writing + Bad acting (or at best, decent
>>> actors miscast into roles they aren't a good "fit" for) = Bad Show.
>>
>> The first female Doctor was always going to be a struggle as The Doctor
>> template had been Male since 1963 so the first actress cast in that role
>> was going to be relying on the writing and direction to carry such a
>> bold move like that off. I think Jodie Whittaker is a good actress and
>> at times was very good as The Doctor, there were times though where the
>> writing was so poor and dialogue so silly that those stories - and the
>> 13th Doctor - just didn't work.
>
> What about Joanna Lumley or Olivia Colman?

"Joanna Lumley"?? You have got to be joking!! But, then again, maybe a
Comedian could have carried the joke situations off better.

"Olivia Colman"? Don't know that I've ever seen her act, so cannot pass
comment.
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 9:48:03 AM8/23/21
In article <sfv78b$gk4$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Capaldi is way better then Whittaker!

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 10:17:40 AM8/23/21
In article <sg02tv$ik0$1...@dont-email.me>,
I like Capaldi! Miles better than Whittaker.

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 10:19:29 AM8/23/21
In article <sg033d$ik0$2...@dont-email.me>,
Correct!

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 10:19:53 AM8/23/21
In article <sg035u$ik0$3...@dont-email.me>,
Do you know what a tautology is?

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 10:23:13 AM8/23/21
In article <sg04l5$v59$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ever saw her as the 7th Doctor?

>"Olivia Colman"? Don't know that I've ever seen her act, so cannot pass
>comment.

You don't recall 11th Hour?

>--
>Daniel

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 2:08:33 PM8/23/21
No.

> >"Olivia Colman"? Don't know that I've ever seen her act, so cannot pass
> >comment.
> You don't recall 11th Hour?

I do recall the 11th Hour, but don't recall Olivia playing the Doctor.

Blueshirt

Aug 23, 2021, 4:51:27 PM8/23/21
On 23/08/2021 15:19, The Doctor wrote:
> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 23/8/21 7:39 am:

>>> In respond to a tautology!
>>>
>> "respond"?? "tautology"??
>
> Do you know what a tautology is?

You *clearly* do!!!

Your Name

Aug 23, 2021, 5:47:38 PM8/23/21
I wasn't actually specifying a previous Doctor in particular. I chose
"fish fingers and custard" simply because it is a known Doctor Who
food. The point was to go back to before the idiotic "Political
Correctness" gender-swapping nonsense. If that means dumping Crapaldi
as well, then it's no great loss either ... you could go back to
Tennant, or even ditch everything from Quitopher onwards (although the
original-run actors are too old or dead now).

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 5:56:31 PM8/23/21
In article <d43433d6-766d-433b...@googlegroups.com>,
She was there.

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 6:10:36 PM8/23/21
In article <sg11od$n8v$1...@dont-email.me>,
An all truthful statement.

The Doctor

Aug 23, 2021, 6:13:31 PM8/23/21
In article <sg151n$t5o$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Fun view!

Daniel65

Aug 24, 2021, 7:18:10 AM8/24/21
Your Name wrote on 24/8/21 7:47 am:
Ah!! So you are suggesting that Doctor Christopher wasn't going to be a
single season Doctor .... just there would be almost twenty years
between his seasons!!

Wow Wee, that's some Gap-Holiday!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Daniel65

Aug 24, 2021, 7:19:59 AM8/24/21
The Doctor wrote on 24/8/21 12:19 am:
> Do you know what a tautology is?

Yes, idiot. Why, idiot??
--
Daniel

The Doctor

Aug 24, 2021, 10:06:15 AM8/24/21
In article <sg2khg$ess$1...@dont-email.me>,
;-)

The Doctor

Aug 24, 2021, 10:06:47 AM8/24/21
In article <sg2kkt$ess$2...@dont-email.me>,
Then why quesion?

Your Name

Aug 24, 2021, 5:58:09 PM8/24/21
On 2021-08-24 11:18:11 +0000, Daniel65 said:
> Your Name wrote on 24/8/21 7:47 am:

When I said "ditch everything from Quitopher onwards", I was including
Quitopher.

tsbr...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2021, 6:31:44 PM8/24/21
Erase ALL of New Who?

The Doctor

Aug 24, 2021, 7:30:39 PM8/24/21
In article <72b444bb-e337-4042...@googlegroups.com>,
Sounds like YN!

Your Name

Aug 24, 2021, 9:15:33 PM8/24/21
You could go all the way back to Tom Baker. ;-)

The Doctor

Aug 24, 2021, 10:45:26 PM8/24/21
In article <sg45ji$em5$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
That is a long gap!

I prefer Chibnall and Whittaker retconned!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2021, 4:44:27 AM9/15/21
1911 On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 9:23:53 PM UTC-7, Your Name wrote:
> On 2021-08-01 03:45:26 +0000, tsbru...@gmail.com said:
> > 32 S13, S14 On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 3:48:06 PM UTC-7,
> > netk...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Bogus!
> >> IT never happened!
> >
> > How then did I see it happen on my TV?
> You were really asleep and having the worst nightmare ever. ;-)

Yads' theory is that the entire Jodie Era is just a Doctor 12 regeneration nightmare! At some point, he will step out of the TARDIS shower and regenerate!

The Doctor

Sep 15, 2021, 9:37:37 AM9/15/21
In article <cef2ea6b-de78-43d9...@googlegroups.com>,
No at some point the regeneration burns up the faux Doctor
and the real 13th Doctor makes HIS appearance!

The Doctor

Sep 15, 2021, 9:38:29 AM9/15/21
Just get it correct! The regeneration is still happening!
The Timeless Child is Bogus!

tsbr...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2021, 11:54:34 PM9/15/21
Will JodieDoc catch on fire?