Any news on Dr. Who Confidential DVDs?

Brax

Mar 23, 2005, 3:34:08 PM3/23/05
Any news on Dr. Who Confidential DVDs?

Are they likely to be released as part of the boxed set in NOvember, or
will they get a separate release?

Brax

Shannon Patrick Sullivan

Mar 23, 2005, 7:23:13 PM3/23/05
Long ago in an English winter, Brax said:
> Any news on Dr. Who Confidential DVDs?

None.

> Are they likely to be released as part of the boxed set in NOvember, or
> will they get a separate release?

The last word was that they wouldn't be packaged with the regular series
DVDs; whether that's changed, or whether they'll get their own release,
remains unknown.

Shannon

--
| Shannon Patrick Sullivan | sha...@mun.ca |
+------ New Doctor Who on CBC: Apr 5th, 8:00pm (8:30pm in NL) ------+

Brax

Mar 24, 2005, 1:20:31 AM3/24/05
"Shannon Patrick Sullivan" <sha...@mun.ca> wrote in message

> Long ago in an English winter, Brax said:
> > Any news on Dr. Who Confidential DVDs?
>
> The last word was that they wouldn't be packaged with the regular
series
> DVDs; whether that's changed, or whether they'll get their own
release,
> remains unknown.

Now I'm feeling like I did fifteen years ago when the BSB Doctor Who
Weekend was on...

Brax

David Brider

Mar 24, 2005, 2:17:49 AM3/24/05
"Brax" <br...@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> Any news on Dr. Who Confidential DVDs?
>
> Are they likely to be released as part of the boxed set in NOvember, or
> will they get a separate release?

On "Outpost Gallifrey", Steve Roberts commented a little while back that
there was pretty much no chance of the "Who Confidential" programmes *as
broadcast* being released. I think that's mainly to do with the high amount
of archive footage involved in each one (and hence lots and lots of
clearances to be paid, etc.). However - and I'm just guessing here -
they've presumably got a fair amount of behind-the-scenes footage, including
some that isn't going to make it into the programmes as shown on BBC3, and
I'd be very surprised if that doesn't make its way onto the November boxed
set.

But that is just guesswork. And I'm pretty sure that if you don't have
BBC3, your options if you want to see the broadcast versions of "Who
Confidential are either a.) get freeview or somesuch or b.) ask someone you
know with freeview to tape it for you. (I'm going with option b. at the
moment...although cashflow permitting that might well change...)

David.

--
David Brider; a full-length adventure, too broad and too deep for the small
screen.

MHW

Mar 24, 2005, 7:04:29 AM3/24/05

> Now I'm feeling like I did fifteen years ago when the BSB Doctor Who
> Weekend was on...

I remember that. I had the weekend off for a change (tended to work unusual
hours in those days) and prepared a bunch of sandwiches the day before so
that I wouldn't miss any of it through having to cook.

Happy days.

--
MHW

Shannon Patrick Sullivan

Mar 24, 2005, 8:11:32 AM3/24/05
Long ago in an English winter, David Brider said:
> But that is just guesswork. And I'm pretty sure that if you don't have
> BBC3, your options if you want to see the broadcast versions of "Who
> Confidential are either a.) get freeview or somesuch or b.) ask someone you
> know with freeview to tape it for you. (I'm going with option b. at the
> moment...although cashflow permitting that might well change...)

Nah, just watch them on the BBC's Doctor Who website! Every episode is
going to be posted there for everybody's viewing pleasure.