New study says HIV has a "significant" impact on aging process

Cheney Cremations

Aug 6, 2022, 7:36:14 PM8/6/22
A new study says HIV infection has an “early and substantial” impact on
the aging process.

The researchers found this negative impact took hold within the first 2-3
years of infection. Even on treatment, those living with the virus could
lose up to five years of their lifespan, they warn.

It helps explain why some people with HIV are more prone to heart disease,
cancer and other age-related problems.

The study was undertaken by scientists at the University of California in
Los Angeles (UCLA). It was published in iScience.

The study looked at blood samples from 102 men before infection, and then
2-3 years after infection. It compared these results with blood samples
taken from men over a similar period who had not acquired the virus.

The study looked specifically at changes at the DNA level.

DNA and epigenetic aging
Long chains of proteins make up the DNA found in all human cells. DNA
basically programs your cells, coding the functions they carry out.

Over time, as our cells regenerate, these long chains of DNA undergo a
process of degradation, known as methylation. It means the cells in our
body don’t function as well as when we’re younger. We become more prone to
potential diseases or frailties.

Related: CDC says gay and bi men of color still disproportionately
impacted by HIV

https://www.queerty.com/new-study-says-hiv-significant-impact-aging-
process-20220806

Ed Debevic

Aug 8, 2022, 12:27:51 AM8/8/22
Gays, particularly black homos, die young. What's the problem?

Peeler

Aug 8, 2022, 2:14:40 AM8/8/22
On Mon, 08 Aug 22 04:27:48 UTC, Loose Sphincter, the unhappily married
nazi homo, FORGING as Ed Debevic whined again:

> Gays, particularly gay neo-nazis, die young. What's the problem?

The fact that you OLD gay neo-nazi are still alive, Loose Sphincter!

--
Loose Sphincter about his passion:
MID: <ajftsc9mb16l8v86a...@4ax.com>