Sue's May AKV Club Level - Day 4 of 6

Sue/WDW1972

May 28, 2022, 9:02:11 PM5/28/22
DAY 4 – Saturday 5/28/22
Who: Sue (63), DVC Member
Chris (35), my son
Amanda (33), my daughter-in-law
Ari (5), my grandson

Plan: Pool, Concierge Lounge

Actual: I slept well again, getting up at 5 to make my cappuccino. Today I didn’t bother walking. Amanda texted around 10 minutes before 7 to say they were walking over, so I went out to wait for them in the lounge. Today the special hot item was warm pecan sticky buns! They were delicious, but very sweet.

Once the others had arrived and gotten their plates of food I microwaved my last egg and added some of Disney’s bacon. It was very good! I then had a sticky bun. Holli arrived and joined us, and Chris’ family left around 7:45 for Magic Kingdom. Holli & I sat around a little bit longer, then left for our studios about 8.

I got ready for the pool and was down there by 8:30. Today it was very overcast and there wasn’t much sun at all. I went to the usual spot and then when they opened the pool area about 5-10 minutes before 10 I took my usual chaise lounge in there. Holli came down and sat under the umbrella at a nearby table. She was dressed for her flight, so no point sweating in the sun. The sun was so brief – soon I noticed dark clouds across the pool and a quick check of the weather had rain coming our way.

It sprinkled lightly once or twice, but never did actually come down like what I’d call rain. The other side of the resort had blue sky, so the cloudy weather was just skirting the resort. Since I wasn’t getting any sun anyway I moved over to join Holli at the table and then around 11:30 went up to the studio. Today housekeeping hadn’t come yet, so between that and knowing Holli was coming back at noon to retrieve her suitcase & purse from my room I decided to hold off on my shower.

I updated the report, then went out onto the balcony. I had both ostrich, a couple addax, the water buck and eland all roam through. What you never seem to see in this section of the savannah are giraffe and zebra. Holli stopped by to pick up her suitcase just after 12 and headed to the airport. She’s flying up to Virginia today.

I noticed housekeeping had already come – the towels were replaced, but they didn’t make the bed look perfect today. I took a quick shower and decided to walk over to Kidani Village to see the animals there. It’s a short walk, unless you’re staying at the end where Chris & Amanda are <g>. Over there I spotted the usual animals off in the distance, but did get to see several of the African Crowned Cranes. I’m not a bird person, but these are very pretty. I love the yellow hair that stands up on top of their head.

I walked back to Jambo House and went up to the lounge, bringing the laptop with me for now. I spent a lovely afternoon in the lounge, using my laptop for a while then substituting the tablet. With my room right on the corner I can easily swap stuff out. I enjoyed some sparkling wine with a big fat ripe strawberry I cut in half. I was hungry earlier so I toasted half the bagel I’d saved yesterday, and used some of the sour cream I’d stored in the fridge. It was perfect – just enough but not too much.

Other guests came and went – most nice and quiet but there was one family who let their kids run shrieking through the lounge. That was very annoying! Then around 3:45 (afternoon snacks end at 4pm) a big party with 2 adults and bunch of kids all speaking a foreign language took the table next to me. They were noisy! I stayed put, figuring when the food would disappear so would they <g>. They seemed to have 2 concierge rooms on the 4th floor – with all those kids they’d need 2 rooms.

At 4pm the food disappeared, and right on cue people started leaving. The noisy bunch stuck around to scream, clap and otherwise be annoying for a bit longer. One of the girls was climbing on the railing overlooking the lobby. They left at 4:04 (yay). I put the laptop back in the room and switched over to my tablet while I waited for 5pm and for the others to arrive.

Chris & family had gone back to Magic Kingdom for some dole whip variation and arrived at Jambo House around 5:15. I’d secured us a table but didn’t eat until they arrived. Tonight the special items were sambal chicken corn chowder and an eggplant Egyptian chickpea falafel thing. The crachers/crunchies and cheese were excellent – tonight was Toma and Seehive Beehive. I imagine tomorrow it’ll be Toma and Drunken Goat again. They had proscuito to start, and later salami. The lounge was very busy and stuff was disappearing fast. Having people show up & ask for a “to go” container didn’t help.

Ari ate several cups of the chowder, and we ate quite a bit of the cheeses. Chris liked the falafel, but he was the only one. They don’t have Tusker beer right now, saying they can’t get it – so Chris enjoyed the Blue Moon.

At the Magic Kingdom this morning they found early entry was only Tomorrowland and the circus area. Then, Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbiter and People Mover were all down. Chris said it was a waste of time to do early entry. They did do Barnstormer, Grand Prix Raceway & Teacups. They also did Big Thunder with a 30-minute wait because supposedly trains are broken and they can’t get the parts they need. So, they only ran 1 side. Amanda & Ari did Splash Mountain, and they all walked onto Pirates. I think they saw the noon parade too.

We left the lounge a little before 7 and walked over to Kidani Village. Amanda had never seen the tapestries, so I showed her where my name was located. We watched the animals at the viewing area – it was much more active now vs earlier. They’d bought me a bottle of wine on vacation in Helen, GA last week, so Chris got that from their room and gave it to me.

Around 7:45 we walked back to Jambo and went to the lounge for desserts. Tonight besides the cake cones and cookies they had a delicious orange sesame cake, a chocolate mousse tart and chocolate almond cake. Ari got the Mickey ice cream sandwich and gobbled up every last bite. I left them in the lounge and went to my studio to settle in for night.

Today wasn’t exactly a good pool weather day but it was still a great day both at the pool and the rest of the day. It’s wonderful being here, but in a way I’m glad there’s only 1 more day since I’ve been eating way more than normal and can feel myself expanding! Tomorrow I’ll meet the others for their breakfast in the lounge, then finish packing up. I’ll probably leave my stuff with bell services and head to the pool – whether that means swimsuit in the sweaty sun or sitting in the shade remains to be seen. I hope my new room is ready fairly early in the afternoon, but there’s no guarantee. Tomorrow night will be our last lounge evening – so sad.
Sue/WDW1972