[Boycott the NFL on HULU...] Illinois man who murdered girl he lured with Disney cups sentenced to 50 years

David Fritz

May 23, 2023, 2:52:40 PM5/23/23
<https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/illinois-man-who-murdered-girl-he-lured-
with-disney-cups-sentenced/>

An Illinois man was sentenced to half a century in prison for killing a
17-year-old girl he lured to his home by offering to sell her Disney cups.

Arthur Jensen, 53, who was convicted of two counts of first-degree murder
in March, appeared Monday in Iroquois County Circuit Court, where Judge
Michael Sabol handed down the sentence, the Daily Journal reported.

He killed Adara Bunn on Aug. 5, 2019, when she showed up at his home to
buy Disney cups left over from a rummage sale she and her mom had attended
three days earlier.

As “a collector of Disney memorabilia, she bought some Pocahontas cups,”
Assistant State Attorney Michael Quinlan told People.

“The victim came back to the Jensen residence on that Sunday wanting to
talk to [Jensen’s] wife to see if she had any more memorabilia she could
buy,” he said.

But the wife was out of town and Jensen, who was packing up items with a
friend, told her to come back later to buy the cups.

Neighbors heard screams and called police, who rushed to the scene and
encountered the savage killer, who told them outside that “there’s a girl
inside and I strangled her,” WCIA reported.

Bunn’s lifeless body was discovered inside and Jensen was immediately
arrested.

“This is one of the worst murder cases I have ever seen,” Quinlan told
People. “This was a young girl about to enter her junior year in a couple
of weeks. She was a straight-A student who was hoping to become a
veterinarian.”

At the sentencing, the judge gave Jensen credit for three years he’s
already served in custody — leaving him with 47 more years to spend in the
slammer.

Bunn, whose nickname was Sissy, “enjoyed reading, fishing, school amongst
other things. She was an all around joy to everyone around her,” according
to her obituary.

The Milford Area Public School said at the time of her death that the
“community is grieving after hearing of the death of one of our high
school students … We are suffering as a staff, student body, and community
for this loss,” WCIA reported.