[Wayback Machine...]Disney CEO Pledges To Double Down On LGBT 'Storytelling' In Animated Kids' Movies

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 18, 2024, 8:04:44 PMFeb 18
How's that LGBT 'Storytelling' working out for the bottom line, Bob?

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/29/disney-ceo-bob-iger-lgbt-storytelling-
kids-animated-movies/

Bob Iger, the newly appointed CEO of Disney, pledged to double down on
LGBT “storytelling” in the company’s animated kids’ movies during a Monday
town hall with employees, according to The New York Times.

Iger served as CEO for 15 years before retiring in late 2020; he was
brought back in about a year later after his successor, Bob Chapek, was
fired, according to the NYT. Tumbling stock prices marked Chapek’s tenure
as CEO, as did public outrage over the company’s political engagement in
Florida and its alleged efforts to inject sexual content into children’s
shows, particularly through gay and transgender characters.

An employee at the town hall asked Iger about the company’s commitment to
LGBT storytelling in the future, and he responded affirmatively.

“One of the core values of our storytelling is inclusion and acceptance
and tolerance, and we can’t lose that,” Iger said, according to the NYT.
“We’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, and we’re not going
to try to … We’re certainly not going to lessen our core values in order
to make everyone happy all the time.”

The company initially found itself in hot water after coming out against
Florida’s Parental Rights in Education bill following a media pressure
campaign urging Disney to do so; the legislation bans classroom
instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in kindergarten
through third grade. Soon after, Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis
signed a law eliminating Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District, ending
special administrative and tax privileges the company had enjoyed since
1967.

Disney then stepped away from politics and quietly removed itself from the
fight with DeSantis in an effort to preserve its special tax district.

The company also came under fire after videos leaked by Manhattan
Institute senior fellow Christopher Rufo appeared to reveal internal
meetings with executives in which employees boasted about their plans to
inject sexual content into children’s shows, with an executive producer
allegedly thanking the company’s leadership for being very welcoming of
her “not-at-all-secret gay agenda.”

Disney recently released its first movie with a gay lead character,
“Strange World,” which had a budget of $180 million and only brought in
$18.6 million by Thanksgiving weekend.

Disney did not respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for
comment.

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.