OT: Steve Russo - Issues and Status

Steve Russo

Jul 8, 2017, 11:10:36 AM7/8/17
I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
change.

You don't have to read this. You don't have to care. I often wish I
could ignore it completely.

I had some difficulties as early as writing the last Trip Report in
February but they got worse in April. I first noticed when doing the
Sunday NY Time Crossroad puzzle (and Saturday LA Times) became
difficult, even though I've done it for 20 years.

Over the next 6 weeks, things got worse and reading, writing and even
verbal communication became difficult. Physically, I felt great but
mentally - not so much. I visited a neurologist and was mis-diagnosed
with a stroke. Thanks to my daughter and her lengthy discussion with her
brother-in-law (a top Boston neurologist), I was brought into Urgent
Care at Albany Medical Center on Saturday, May 27, evaluated quickly
with a CT Scan, and disgnosed with a serious brain cancer (Glioblastoma
but do yourself a favor and don't look it up). I was also given a
surgeon to request that is one of the best in the Northeast.

8 days in the hospital, a 4.5 hour surgery that removed a golf-ball
sized tumor, and I was home. I still have a few memory and terminology
issues but I'm probably back to 80-90% of where I was. Hopefully, it
will keep improving.

I'm now in what might be a lengthy rehabilitation. I should note that
the type of issue that I have is not curable - only (and hopefully)
controllable for some length of time. The good news is that, with the
exception of the brain, I'm in great shape: heart, lungs, chest,
abdomen, etc. are all good. And we all know I don't use my brain that
much anyway. There is also a few positive issues with what was removed
that might make the rehabilitation stronger.

I've begun a combination of Radiation (Mon-Fri for 6 weeks) and
Chemotherapy (a very strong drug) nightly for 45 days. We're hoping to
destroy as much tumor as was left following the surgery. Once I get past
the 6-week program, we'll me running MRIs to measure and I'll continue
the Chemo for a lengthier, but less frequent period. It'll be 5 days
every 28 but could run as long as 6 months to 2 years.

So... with that said, these processes could also weaken my brain (good
cells can also be destroyed but should grow back - or so I'm told). We
are planning a WDW trip in November where Barb and I will celebrate our
45th Anniversary with a dinner at Tiffin's. We'll then return in January
for 2 weeks at the Boardwalk (with 2 nights at Kidani Village). Our son
and his family will join us for 7-8 days and it'll be the first real
visit for our grandson, Jack, and our first and only granddaughter,
Gracie. We are exteremly excited about this trip.

Trip reports will be dictated by whether or not I'm capable of writing
clear sentences which, as we all know, has always been a problem.

My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
long as humanly possible.

--
Steve

Gloria

Jul 8, 2017, 11:40:31 AM7/8/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
> I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
> change.

Hugs and a big sprinkling of pixie dust. I think we all knew whatever
it was was serious, but maybe had no comprehension of just how serious.
Your recovers seems remarkable at this point and I'm sure that positive
attitude is helping.

Like I said, hugs and lots of healing pixie dust.

Gloria

Rudeney

Jul 8, 2017, 11:45:38 AM7/8/17
Three things:

1) I am so glad that you are keeping your normal positive attitude and sens of
humor! So many people might fall into despair and depression and cancel
future plans. I think that emotions are as important as medicine in curing
disease, so keep up those good spirits!

2) Your current level of communication seems to be just fine (typos and all) ,
so obviously things are working in your favor. I'm no expert, but I'd suggest
communicating as much as possible. This will exercise your brain and also
allow you to recognize any change so they can be addressed.

3) Please accept what you want of my prayers, well-wishes, pixie dust,
positive thoughts and attempts at humor to help keep your spirits up.

Oh, and one final question: Have you had any memory loss issues? I just have
to ask, because if there is anything you might have forgotten, I am sure we
here can help fill in some of the gaps. For example, in case you forgot, your
favorite beverage is "Bud Light" :-P

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Steve Russo

Jul 8, 2017, 12:12:34 PM7/8/17
On 7/8/2017 11:46 AM, Rudeney wrote:

> 2) Your current level of communication seems to be just fine (typos and all) ,

My only typos are intentional, just checking your ability to spot them.

> 3) Please accept what you want of my prayers, well-wishes, pixie dust,
> positive thoughts and attempts at humor to help keep your spirits up.

Done and thanks.

> Oh, and one final question: Have you had any memory loss issues? I just have
> to ask, because if there is anything you might have forgotten, I am sure we
> here can help fill in some of the gaps.

Not that I'm aware of. I still have a few issues coming up with the name
of a specific item or the terminology used to describe something. I
describe it to Barb, she gives me the term and I repeat it (to myself)
until I have it. Weird but it seems to work. I was up for a Sloan
Kettering Clinical Trial, which I declined. But I kept striking out when
trying to state the phrase "Clinical Trial" - I do have it now.

For example, in case you forgot, your
> favorite beverage is "Bud Light" :-P

Really? I would not have guessed that. ;-)

--
Steve

Dean Worrell

Jul 8, 2017, 12:27:51 PM7/8/17
On 7/8/2017 10:46 AM, Rudeney wrote:> > Three things:
> 1) I am so glad that you are keeping your normal positive attitude
> and sens of humor! So many people might fall into despair and
> depression and cancel future plans. I think that emotions are as
> important as medicine in curing disease, so keep up those good
> spirits!
>
> 2) Your current level of communication seems to be just fine (typos
> and all) , so obviously things are working in your favor. I'm no
> expert, but I'd suggest communicating as much as possible. This will
> exercise your brain and also allow you to recognize any change so
> they can be addressed.
>
> 3) Please accept what you want of my prayers, well-wishes, pixie
> dust, positive thoughts and attempts at humor to help keep your
> spirits up.
>
> Oh, and one final question: Have you had any memory loss issues? I
> just have to ask, because if there is anything you might have
> forgotten, I am sure we here can help fill in some of the gaps. For
> example, in case you forgot, your favorite beverage is "Bud Light"
> :-P

I second Rodney's comments.

BTW, I'm busy reading and enjoying your latest TR.

--
Dean in Peoria
(remove the Xs to email)

judy.f...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2017, 12:37:45 PM7/8/17
Thank you for sharing this with us. I send you all the prayers and good thoughts possible!

Take care of yourself.

Judy

Femino

Jul 8, 2017, 12:55:39 PM7/8/17
On 7/8/17, 11:10 AM, in article ojqsl8$7ot$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "steve russo"
We all know how important it is to have a positive attitude!

Bravo, Steve.

--
Sandi

http://capecodcards.blogspot.com/

jenn...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2017, 4:00:56 PM7/8/17
Thank u for the update . Sending prayers and pixie dust. May I ask your dates in November ? Would love to meet up if at all possible .

In the meantime , enact The Russo Rule more frequently !

And Hail Bud Lite!

Steve Russo

Jul 8, 2017, 4:13:32 PM7/8/17
November 8-14... which doesn't actually cover our anniversary (11/18) but
it's close enough.

--
Steve

Sue/WDW1972

Jul 8, 2017, 7:48:02 PM7/8/17
Real sorry you're having to deal with all this Steve. I have no doubt you'll surpass the medical "experts'" expectations in every way. You may have to start subbing dinner with ice cream once in a while even when not on vacation!

Thanks for sharing, and I'll be looking forward to whatever level of trip reports you provide in the years to come. Spending time with Barb and the rest of the family at WDW is great medicine! Unfortunately, while on your chemo you may find that beer (or any alcohol) will make you really ill....be sure to ask about that.

Sue/WDW1972

Steve Russo

Jul 9, 2017, 6:14:21 AM7/9/17
Sue/WDW1972 <wdw...@aol.com> wrote:
> Real sorry you're having to deal with all this Steve. I have no doubt
> you'll surpass the medical "experts'" expectations in every way.

Thanks, Sue.

You may have to start subbing dinner with ice cream once in a while even
when not on vacation!

Already done!

> Thanks for sharing, and I'll be looking forward to whatever level of trip
> reports you provide in the years to come. Spending time with Barb and
> the rest of the family at WDW is great medicine! Unfortunately, while on
> your chemo you may find that beer (or any alcohol) will make you really
> ill....be sure to ask about that.

I have and have hit 3 different opinions. I've chosen the "be moderate"
route and so far, so good. I need to take the Chemo meds at bed time, one
hour after anti-nausea meds and on an empty stomach. For me, that means
moving dinner to an earlier time. Last night, Barb and I went out to a
restaurant and had dinner at around 5:30, finishing around 6:30. I had one
glass of Cabaret Sauvignon with dinner and had no real issue. I just can't
Cabaret and top off with a Scotch post dinner... for a while. ;-)

--
Steve

Bob Me.

Jul 9, 2017, 8:51:45 AM7/9/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:

Sounds like you have the right attitude and are receiving great care.
Having gone through my own cancer battle a couple of years ago, I know
how important those 2 things are. And thankfully you got a second opinion.

So truckloads of pixie dust to you again, along with a case of Scotch.

--
Bob Me.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las
puertas.
To reply to me via email, remove the ".spam.and.eggs." from my email
address.

Rudeney

Jul 9, 2017, 10:51:30 AM7/9/17
On 7/9/2017 5:14 AM, Steve Russo wrote:

> I just can't go back to my regular Manhattan or two before dinner, split a
> bottle of *Cabaret* and top off with a Scotch post dinner... for a while.
> ;-)

I've always wondered how they get all those dancers in the bottle: :-P

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Mark L Fendrick

Jul 9, 2017, 11:08:41 AM7/9/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 11:10:36 AM UTC-4, Steve Russo wrote:

> My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
> choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
> long as humanly possible.

All I can do is echo what everyone else has said. Sending prayers, pixie dust, and friendship!

I'm there with you Steve!! Let me know if you ever need anything.

Mark

Steve Russo

Jul 9, 2017, 1:46:09 PM7/9/17
Rudeney <rud...@mickeypics.com> wrote:
> On 7/9/2017 5:14 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>>
>> I just can't go back to my regular Manhattan or two before dinner, split a
>> bottle of *Cabaret* and top off with a Scotch post dinner... for a while.
>> ;-)
>

> I've always wondered how they get all those dancers in the bottle: :-P

Dammit! That was Autocorrected.

--
Steve

Laura Gilbreath

Jul 9, 2017, 3:09:09 PM7/9/17
Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
>I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
>change.

Steve,

I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and
Barb and your entire family. If attitude has anything to do with it
then you've nailed that part. Please keep us posted on how you're doing -
we care.

Here's hoping that developing a taste for Bud Light is not a side
effect of chemotherapy.

Laura

Steve Russo

Jul 9, 2017, 3:42:27 PM7/9/17
Laura Gilbreath <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote:
> In article <ojqsl8$7ot$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
>> I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
>> change.
>
> Steve,
>
> I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and
> Barb and your entire family. If attitude has anything to do with it
> then you've nailed that part. Please keep us posted on how you're doing -
> we care.

Thanks, Laura. The positive attitude is needed to keep me from being POed
about this. There's just no way anyone can explain why this happened and
that sort of bugs me.

> Here's hoping that developing a taste for Bud Light is not a side
> effect of chemotherapy.

Lol. Nope. That won't happen. I do have a desire for more ice cream
though...

--
Steve

Laura Gilbreath

Jul 9, 2017, 4:21:30 PM7/9/17
In article <1923670395.521321961.38...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>Laura Gilbreath <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote:
>>
>> Here's hoping that developing a taste for Bud Light is not a side
>> effect of chemotherapy.
>
>Lol. Nope. That won't happen. I do have a desire for more ice cream
>though...

I hope it's not for just plain vanilla! I'd be very disappointed in
you. :-)

Laura

John Mc.

Jul 9, 2017, 10:05:49 PM7/9/17
Steve I can't find words to tell you how I feel. SWMBO's mother suffered
the same problem. The treatments you're using are the same as hers. She
developed similar symptoms which led to the discovery of the tumor. She
fought it with every once of will she had. I've an idea of the time table
here and hope you'll exceed it. You are a few years younger than she was so
you've that going for you. OTOH Bud Light is an immunosuppressive so you'll
have to swear it off. I do hear they're doing wonderful work with Ice Cream
these days.

John Mc.

Steve Denham

Jul 10, 2017, 7:39:40 AM7/10/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 11:10:36 AM UTC-4, Steve Russo wrote:
> My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
> choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
> long as humanly possible.

Dud, this whole thing sux. I have grown so used to calling myself the 'other Steve' because, well, you are the best. So, be positive. I will also be positive for you, over here in the mitten. If enough of us are positive, it will create an electric field that will hopefully generate all the power you need to succeed.

Steve Denham
TDC Barbie Headhunter

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 8:34:04 AM7/10/17
On 7/10/2017 7:39 AM, Steve Denham wrote:
> On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 11:10:36 AM UTC-4, Steve Russo wrote:
>> My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
>> choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
>> long as humanly possible.
>
> Dud,

"Dud"? Geez, I hope that was a typo with the "e" left off. ;-)

this whole thing sux.

Yes, it truly does.

I have grown so used to calling myself the 'other Steve' because, well,
you are the best.

Not according to my wife, children, grandchildren and golfing buddies.

So, be positive. I will also be positive for you, over here in the
mitten. If enough of us are positive, it will create an electric field
that will hopefully generate all the power you need to succeed.

Thanks, Steve

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 8:34:42 AM7/10/17
On 7/9/2017 8:51 AM, Bob Me. wrote:
> On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>
> Sounds like you have the right attitude and are receiving great care.
> Having gone through my own cancer battle a couple of years ago, I know
> how important those 2 things are. And thankfully you got a second opinion.
>
> So truckloads of pixie dust to you again, along with a case of Scotch.

I'm still waiting on the Scotch. Maybe today?

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 8:35:32 AM7/10/17
On 7/8/2017 12:27 PM, Dean Worrell wrote:

> BTW, I'm busy reading and enjoying your latest TR.

Ah, that may the thing that started it all. Abandon it... now!

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 8:41:04 AM7/10/17
On 7/9/2017 11:08 AM, Mark L Fendrick wrote:
> On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 11:10:36 AM UTC-4, Steve Russo wrote:
>
>> My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
>> choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
>> long as humanly possible.
>

> All I can do is echo what everyone else has said. Sending prayers, pixie dust, and friendship!

Thanks, Mark.

> I'm there with you Steve!! Let me know if you ever need anything.

Need anything? A new wardrobe. I've managed to lose almost 35 pounds
(exercise and walking almost daily with a real upgrade to my diet) so I
have no clothes that fit properly. I'm reluctant to buy anything yet
because there's a chance Chemo could cause a loss of appetite (although
that hasn't happened yet) and more weight loss. I'm getting by with
tightening belts so my shorts and pants stay on. The shirts are OK -
they just look a little roomier than before.

--
Steve

Rudeney

Jul 10, 2017, 10:04:02 AM7/10/17
I am sick and tire of all you vanilla haters! Vanilla is a flavor! It is not
"plain"! In fact, there is even shortage of real vanilla, so it might even
become a delicacy!

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 10:06:07 AM7/10/17
On 7/10/2017 10:05 AM, Rudeney wrote:
> On 7/9/2017 3:21 PM, Laura Gilbreath wrote:
>> In article
>> <1923670395.521321961.38...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>>

> Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>>> Lol. Nope. That won't happen. I do have a desire for more ice cream
>>> though...
>>
>> I hope it's not for just plain vanilla! I'd be very disappointed in you.
>> :-)
>

> I am sick and tire of all you vanilla haters! Vanilla is a flavor! It is not
> "plain"! In fact, there is even shortage of real vanilla, so it might even
> become a delicacy!

I don't hate vanilla. I just consider it tasteless and inconsequential
to ice cream flavor. Now chocolate...

--
Steve

Dean Worrell

Jul 10, 2017, 12:29:27 PM7/10/17
Sorry, I am totally engrossed with the attention to detail and the
riveting story-telling.

Besides the last 2 times we were in FL (a few days post-cruise each), we
didn't get to the any of the parks. The first time I did something to
my back and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes without pain and
the second time came down with the flu the day before arrival. So we
just laid by the pool.

I trust that you'll get through this and get back to the Bud Light ;-)

Peppermint Patty

Jul 10, 2017, 1:21:00 PM7/10/17

> My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
> choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
> long as humanly possible.

Your spirit and attitude are a huge part of your prognosis. With a positive attitude treatments will work much better. I believe this to be true. Stay strong and know that you have lots of friends here rooting for you. Not to mention Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, et al! You know I live not far from you so I would be happy to be your medical escort on any of your Disney trips LOL!!!!

Thanks for the update!!

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 1:42:58 PM7/10/17
On 7/10/2017 12:29 PM, Dean Worrell wrote:
> On 7/10/2017 7:35 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>> On 7/8/2017 12:27 PM, Dean Worrell wrote:
>>

>>> BTW, I'm busy reading and enjoying your latest TR.
>>>

>> Ah, that may the thing that started it all. Abandon it... now!
>>

> Sorry, I am totally engrossed with the attention to detail and the
> riveting story-telling.

So you're reading something else while my trip report is used a beer
coaster?

> Besides the last 2 times we were in FL (a few days post-cruise each), we
> didn't get to the any of the parks. The first time I did something to
> my back and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes without pain and
> the second time came down with the flu the day before arrival. So we
> just laid by the pool.

That sucks.

> I trust that you'll get through this and get back to the Bud Light ;-)

Let's hope you're half right ;-)

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 1:46:06 PM7/10/17
Thanks, Patty. I'm still able to drive myself but Barb is insisting on
coming along each day. I'm thinking she should let me start going alone
so she can get some things done. I go each day at 11:30 but will be
switching to 9:00 AM next week for the remainder. That should help a lot
in giving me more time to get some stuff done.

--
Steve

Rudeney

Jul 10, 2017, 2:45:43 PM7/10/17
et tu Steve? And vanilla has a very distinctive flavor. I tell you what,
next time you make homemade ice cream, try making some vanilla, but leave out
the "vanilla" and see how tasteless that is.

> Now chocolate...

Yes, chocolate is good. But my most favorite ice cream in the world is
Kilwin's toasted coconut.

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 3:23:51 PM7/10/17
I'm just busting chops here. Barb is a huge vanilla fan and I can certainly
eat some but... it does run a distant trailer to several favorites of mine.
And I've always been a fan of anything chocolate.

--
Steve

jenn...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2017, 5:12:33 PM7/10/17
Let me know if u need anything like sponge bath, etc.

As far as new wardrobe, I vote Go Commando! Run around naked !! If anyone says anything blame the brain tumor .

Vanilla is nothing more than a base for other flavors. Mint chocolate chip reigns supreme!!

Steve Russo

Jul 10, 2017, 6:28:02 PM7/10/17
On 7/10/2017 5:12 PM, jenn...@gmail.com wrote:
> Let me know if u need anything like sponge bath, etc.

That os probably the first offer I've had for a sponge bath since I was
3 or 4 years old. I'm thinking... I'm thinking!

> As far as new wardrobe, I vote Go Commando! Run around naked !! If anyone says anything blame the brain tumor .

I did this once and blamed my arthritic knees. The folks at Home Depot
weren't very forgiving.

> Vanilla is nothing more than a base for other flavors. Mint chocolate chip reigns supreme!!

Uh, oh. Rodney?

--
Steve

Rudeney

Jul 10, 2017, 7:08:36 PM7/10/17
Yeah, I know. :)

> Barb is a huge vanilla fan and I can
> certainly eat some but... it does run a distant trailer to several
> favorites of mine. And I've always been a fan of anything chocolate.

I actually don't much like vanilla ice cream alone - but it's generally what I
choose to go with cake, pie, etc.

Rudeney

Jul 10, 2017, 7:09:28 PM7/10/17
Oh, Um, yeah, I quit reading after "sponge bath " and "naked".

Steve Soares

Jul 11, 2017, 7:55:02 AM7/11/17
On 7/10/2017 2:46 PM, Rudeney wrote:
> Yes, chocolate is good. But my most favorite ice cream in the world is
> Kilwin's toasted coconut.

You should try the white chocolate with toasted coconut ice cream at
Epcot's France showcase. So good!

Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 11, 2017, 8:48:41 AM7/11/17
What I would give to try that today :-)

--
Steve

Bob Me.

Rudeney

Jul 11, 2017, 10:24:43 AM7/11/17
You know, now that you mention it, I think I may have had that and it was
pretty good. Since I'm not going to make it to WDW anytime soon, I'll just
have settle for Kilwin's. Maybe I can emulate this with one scoop of the
toasted coconut, and a second of white chocolate. I sometimes do get a scoop
of their chocolate fudge to go with the toasted coconut and it's a good
combination.

Bob Me.

Jul 11, 2017, 10:25:43 AM7/11/17
On 7/10/2017 7:10 PM, Rudeney wrote:
> On 7/10/2017 5:27 PM, Steve Russo wrote:
>> On 7/10/2017 5:12 PM, jenn...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Let me know if u need anything like sponge bath, etc.
>>
>> That os probably the first offer I've had for a sponge bath since I was 3
>> or 4 years old. I'm thinking... I'm thinking!
>>

>>> As far as new wardrobe, I vote Go Commando! Run around naked !! If anyone
>>> says anything blame the brain tumor .
>>
>> I did this once and blamed my arthritic knees. The folks at Home Depot
>> weren't very forgiving.
>>

>>> Vanilla is nothing more than a base for other flavors. Mint chocolate
>>> chip reigns supreme!!
>>>

>> Uh, oh. Rodney?
>

> Oh, Um, yeah, I quit reading after "sponge bath " and "naked".

But that image is now stuck in my head. Along with the voices singing
It's a Small World.

Rudeney

Jul 11, 2017, 12:26:37 PM7/11/17
On 7/11/2017 9:24 AM, Bob Me. wrote:
> On 7/10/2017 7:10 PM, Rudeney wrote:
>>>
>>> That os probably the first offer I've had for a sponge bath since I was
>>> 3 or 4 years old. I'm thinking... I'm thinking!

>>> I did this once and blamed my arthritic knees. The folks at Home Depot
>>> weren't very forgiving.

>>> Uh, oh. Rodney?
>>

>> Oh, Um, yeah, I quit reading after "sponge bath " and "naked".
>>

> But that image is now stuck in my head. Along with the voices singing It's
> a Small World.

OMG! I am so glad I had not taking a swig of my coffee before reading that!

Lisa Cubbon

Jul 12, 2017, 8:14:55 AM7/12/17
On 7/8/17 12:12 PM, Steve Russo wrote:
> On 7/8/2017 11:46 AM, Rudeney wrote:
>

>> 2) Your current level of communication seems to be just fine (typos
>> and all) ,
>
> My only typos are intentional, just checking your ability to spot them.
>

>> 3) Please accept what you want of my prayers, well-wishes, pixie dust,
>> positive thoughts and attempts at humor to help keep your spirits up.
>
> Done and thanks.
>

>> Oh, and one final question: Have you had any memory loss issues? I
>> just have
>> to ask, because if there is anything you might have forgotten, I am
>> sure we
>> here can help fill in some of the gaps.
>
> Not that I'm aware of. I still have a few issues coming up with the name
> of a specific item or the terminology used to describe something. I
> describe it to Barb, she gives me the term and I repeat it (to myself)
> until I have it. Weird but it seems to work. I was up for a Sloan
> Kettering Clinical Trial, which I declined. But I kept striking out when
> trying to state the phrase "Clinical Trial" - I do have it now.
>
> For example, in case you forgot, your
>> favorite beverage is "Bud Light" :-P
>>

> Really? I would not have guessed that. ;-)

Steve, thanks for sharing. Typos do keep us on our feet. Which is
good. I think...

Lisa

Greg K.

Jul 12, 2017, 9:21:01 PM7/12/17
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 11:10:31 -0400, Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com>
wrote:

>I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
>I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
>change.
>
>You don't have to read this. You don't have to care. I often wish I
>could ignore it completely.

I've read everything that you post. Always worthwhile.

>I had some difficulties as early as writing the last Trip Report in
>February but they got worse in April. I first noticed when doing the
>Sunday NY Time Crossroad puzzle (and Saturday LA Times) became
>difficult, even though I've done it for 20 years.
>
>Over the next 6 weeks, things got worse and reading, writing and even
>verbal communication became difficult. Physically, I felt great but
>mentally - not so much. I visited a neurologist and was mis-diagnosed
>with a stroke. Thanks to my daughter and her lengthy discussion with her
>brother-in-law (a top Boston neurologist), I was brought into Urgent
>Care at Albany Medical Center on Saturday, May 27, evaluated quickly
>with a CT Scan, and disgnosed with a serious brain cancer (Glioblastoma
>but do yourself a favor and don't look it up). I was also given a
>surgeon to request that is one of the best in the Northeast.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Medical science has progressed tremendously
in recent years and new research is always being done. Treatments are
individualized now for best results and to minimize complications.

>8 days in the hospital, a 4.5 hour surgery that removed a golf-ball
>sized tumor, and I was home. I still have a few memory and terminology
>issues but I'm probably back to 80-90% of where I was. Hopefully, it
>will keep improving.

I'm sure that with repeated practice you will recover most, if not
all, that was lost. Seems like you are well on your way to recovery
already.

>I'm now in what might be a lengthy rehabilitation. I should note that
>the type of issue that I have is not curable - only (and hopefully)
>controllable for some length of time. The good news is that, with the
>exception of the brain, I'm in great shape: heart, lungs, chest,
>abdomen, etc. are all good. And we all know I don't use my brain that
>much anyway.
I wouldn't say that! From your writings, I get a sense of high
intelligence! Doesn't seem like your sense of humour has been
affected. That's a good thing!

There is also a few positive issues with what was removed
>that might make the rehabilitation stronger.
>
>I've begun a combination of Radiation (Mon-Fri for 6 weeks) and
>Chemotherapy (a very strong drug) nightly for 45 days. We're hoping to
>destroy as much tumor as was left following the surgery. Once I get past
>the 6-week program, we'll me running MRIs to measure and I'll continue
>the Chemo for a lengthier, but less frequent period. It'll be 5 days
>every 28 but could run as long as 6 months to 2 years.
>
>So... with that said, these processes could also weaken my brain (good
>cells can also be destroyed but should grow back - or so I'm told). We
>are planning a WDW trip in November where Barb and I will celebrate our
>45th Anniversary with a dinner at Tiffin's. We'll then return in January
>for 2 weeks at the Boardwalk (with 2 nights at Kidani Village). Our son
>and his family will join us for 7-8 days and it'll be the first real
>visit for our grandson, Jack, and our first and only granddaughter,
>Gracie. We are exteremly excited about this trip.

Having something to look forward to helps to have a positive attitude
which greatly helps with recovery!

>Trip reports will be dictated by whether or not I'm capable of writing
>clear sentences which, as we all know, has always been a problem.

I get immersed in your trip reports. Yours along with so many others
help ME get through the times when I can't get to WDW. It will be 2
years for me this summer and doesn't look like a trip is in the making
anytime soon. I certainly appreciate all the effort that you, Sue, and
others take to write the TR's. and to share with us.

>My spirit is good and my attitude is positive. In my opinion, I have no
>choice but to put everything I have into supressing the negative for as
>long as humanly possible.

I'm sending prayers for a speedy, uneventful recovery. A positive
attitude, sense of humor and presence of family all help. Take care of
yourself first, radp can wait.
Greg K.

Steve Russo

Jul 13, 2017, 4:24:28 AM7/13/17
Geez, Greg, that was too nice. I can't even come up with any good wise
cracks. Thanks very much.

--
Steve

mars...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 11:10:29 PM7/15/17
Hey Steve,

I've been in the mountains out west and just read your post. Everyone has already responded with such thoughtful, kind and funny posts, that I feel like mine can't possibly measure up. But I did want you to know that I am saddened by your medical news, but so hopeful and positive about your treatment and quality of life prospects. As Greg stated, the individualized treatments that are available today are so amazing. It sounds to me like you are doing everything right. Like everyone else here, I have loved ones who are dealing with cancer and more than ever that means LIVING with it. I have an unofficial group that I like to call Cancer Sucks. Care to join? I run half marathons and I always wear a sign on my back with the names of my family and friends fighting cancer. I have had many emotional conversations with other runners who are in the same boat. If you don't mind, I will put your name on my next sign. I can just put Steve so as not to invade your privacy if you wish. I know we have never met, but I do consider you one of my RADP friends. Being that you have a daughter named Michelle, I have always thought that you and Barb are people of exceptional taste and standards!!! I will put you and your family on my prayer list and continue to hope for the best treatment and outcome possible for you.

Tons of pixie dust, Michelle

Steve Russo

Jul 16, 2017, 9:40:18 AM7/16/17
Thanks, Michelle. Anything you care to do is fine with me... and thank
you for the kind words.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 16, 2017, 9:53:08 AM7/16/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:

Well, the spirit is still good but I do find myself a bit spent. I've
been busy on the house, getting it ready for the transfer to a new
owner, while getting conditioned for our move. I cut the grass, trimmed
a few bushes and pulled weeds Friday, went for a walk Saturday (although
I shortened my typical 4 miles to 3) and I'm dragging a bit today.

It's only been 7 days of Radiation but a full 11 of Chemotherapy that
might be taking the toll. At any rate, I head back tomorrow or another 5
days session and I'm hoping with a day of rest today, I'll be back up
and moving around like normal.

--
Steve

John Mc.

Jul 16, 2017, 1:19:33 PM7/16/17
You'll beat the curve, Steve. You're the author of the Russo Rule and a god
amongst men.

John Mc.

Steve Russo

Jul 17, 2017, 6:28:55 AM7/17/17
Hahaha. I will say that, after two good naps yesterday (that's a first),
I was feeling much better. Made it through Game of Thrones last night
and I'm up early today for Round 8.

--
Steve

John Mc.

Jul 17, 2017, 7:13:21 AM7/17/17
Go get 'um Champ!

John Mc

Lisa Cubbon

Jul 17, 2017, 11:29:30 AM7/17/17
Two naps sounds awesome! Maybe I can try for one nap today...

Lisa

Femino

Jul 17, 2017, 12:15:49 PM7/17/17
On 7/17/17, 6:28 AM, in article oki3h5$5r8$3...@gioia.aioe.org, "steve russo"
<sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Hahaha. I will say that, after two good naps yesterday (that's a first),
> I was feeling much better. Made it through Game of Thrones last night
> and I'm up early today for Round 8.

Awesome!

--
Sandi

http://capecodcards.blogspot.com/

Steve Russo

Jul 17, 2017, 12:37:23 PM7/17/17
One at 10:00 am and one at 2:00 pm. Not normal for me but needed
yesterday. It really helped.

--
Steve

Peppermint Patty

Jul 19, 2017, 11:13:38 AM7/19/17
I've been busy on the house, getting it ready for the transfer to a new
> owner, while getting conditioned for our move.

Where are you going????? And don't overdo it! Be kind to your body!!

Steve Russo

Jul 19, 2017, 1:30:52 PM7/19/17
Downsizing (although much of it is actually larger) and not very far away.
From East Greenbush to North Greenbush.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 19, 2017, 8:01:27 PM7/19/17
BTW... I'm only working part-time at the Valley Cats games and not every
home game. I can't say for sure if I'll be there on August 5 because
I've been adjusting my schedule on how I feel and their need. But... if
there, I'm located in the Media room which is directly behind home plate
and up one level. We open the windows during the game and I'm located in
the rightmost window. So just look up at the guy there and yell "Hey,
Steve". If it's me, I'll yell back. If not, Jim or Mike will yell back
and say "Steve who?".

--
Steve

John Mc.

Jul 20, 2017, 5:54:54 AM7/20/17
Tired of the villagers with their torches and pitchforks?

John Mc.

Steve Russo

Jul 20, 2017, 6:54:33 AM7/20/17
Big time. Really just can't handle spending 50% of my time maintaining -
would rather be enjoying.

--
Steve

Peppermint Patty

Jul 20, 2017, 11:04:03 AM7/20/17

> BTW... I'm only working part-time at the Valley Cats games and not every
> home game. I can't say for sure if I'll be there on August 5 because
> I've been adjusting my schedule on how I feel and their need. But... if
> there, I'm located in the Media room which is directly behind home plate
> and up one level. We open the windows during the game and I'm located in
> the rightmost window. So just look up at the guy there and yell "Hey,
> Steve". If it's me, I'll yell back. If not, Jim or Mike will yell back
> and say "Steve who?".

Glad you aren't leaving us for Florida yet! I will check with you before August 5 to see if you plan on being there. I don't want to be arrested as some crazy lady stalking and yelling for someone named Steve at the game LOL!

Steve Russo

Jul 20, 2017, 11:20:21 AM7/20/17
On 7/20/2017 11:04 AM, Peppermint Patty wrote:

>> BTW... I'm only working part-time at the Valley Cats games and not every
>> home game. I can't say for sure if I'll be there on August 5 because
>> I've been adjusting my schedule on how I feel and their need. But... if
>> there, I'm located in the Media room which is directly behind home plate
>> and up one level. We open the windows during the game and I'm located in
>> the rightmost window. So just look up at the guy there and yell "Hey,
>> Steve". If it's me, I'll yell back. If not, Jim or Mike will yell back
>> and say "Steve who?".
>

> Glad you aren't leaving us for Florida yet! I will check with you before August 5 to see if you plan on being there.

I likely won't know until the last minute but I will say that I prefer
working weeknights to weekends.

I don't want to be arrested as some crazy lady stalking and yelling
for someone named Steve at the game LOL!

They won't arrest you. Maybe a warning shot to the legs...

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Jul 20, 2017, 11:22:08 AM7/20/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
I was brought into Urgent
> Care at Albany Medical Center on Saturday, May 27, evaluated quickly
> with a CT Scan, and disgnosed with a serious brain cancer (Glioblastoma
> but do yourself a favor and don't look it up).

Geez. John McCain? I'd have to say, I would swap the age with him.

--
Steve

Laura Gilbreath

Jul 22, 2017, 3:05:45 PM7/22/17
In article <okqhqt$1osi$2...@gioia.aioe.org>,
I saw that and immediately thought of you, Steve. You're such a
trendsetter! :-)

Laura

John Mc.

Jul 22, 2017, 7:40:32 PM7/22/17
That he is. A raconteur, bon vivant and man about town. Hmmm Russo for
President.

John Mc .

Steve Russo

Jul 23, 2017, 9:26:51 AM7/23/17
Um... no. Never.

--
Steve

Rudeney

Jul 23, 2017, 8:22:10 PM7/23/17
Darn, I was already planning a big RDP meet for when your AA got installed at
the HoP.

John Mc.

Jul 24, 2017, 7:05:02 AM7/24/17
Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/2017 7:40 PM, John Mc. wrote:
>> Laura Gilbreath <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote:

>>> I saw that and immediately thought of you, Steve. You're such a
>>> trendsetter! :-)
>>>
>>> Laura
>>>

>> That he is. A raconteur, bon vivant and man about town. Hmmm Russo for
>> President.
>>
> Um... no. Never.

I don't know. Currently we've nowhere to go but up.

John Mc.

mikchi...@yahoo.com

Jul 24, 2017, 9:42:03 AM7/24/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:

> Well, the spirit is still good but I do find myself a bit spent. I've
> been busy on the house, getting it ready for the transfer to a new
> owner, while getting conditioned for our move. I cut the grass, trimmed
> a few bushes and pulled weeds Friday, went for a walk Saturday (although
> I shortened my typical 4 miles to 3) and I'm dragging a bit today.

I feel like such a lazy, fat pig! I haven't walked three miles in the past three years combined! (including Disney trips :-O)

And don't get me started about that jungle in front of my house :-/ It was a lawn when I moved in.

Lisa Cubbon

Jul 24, 2017, 3:41:46 PM7/24/17
I agree! I mean I agree to no never

Lisa

thefu...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2017, 9:48:52 PM7/24/17
I haven't even lurked here in a while, so late to this info.

Steve, when I do drop by here, I make a point of reading your TRs (and Sue's). I'm a few years younger than you, but see a lot of parallels and have visions of a retirement similar to yours.

Echoing the sentiments of everyone else; best wishes, positive vibes, karma and whatever else one can send another.

Dean F. Aka Bucsfan99

Steve Russo

Jul 25, 2017, 6:28:06 AM7/25/17
Thanks, Dean.

--
Steve

John Mc.

Jul 25, 2017, 7:09:12 AM7/25/17
Dean - Send Bud Light. Large quantities have been proven to kill anything.
Starting with the part of the brain that catches typos.

John Mc.

thefu...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017, 10:16:34 PM7/25/17
I'm not sure I can be seen purchasing....that product...as a proud Canadian, I require at least 5% ABV.

Steve Russo

Jul 26, 2017, 6:47:25 AM7/26/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues:

Today marks day 15 of Radiation - the 50 yard line so to speak, with 15
days left. I'm feeling a bit warn out but anxious to complete the entire
thing. Chemotherapy continues each night (no weekends off here).

On a positive side, we just booked a few dining reservations for January
so "I've got that going for me... which is nice" (name the film).

--
Steve

concord

Jul 26, 2017, 7:06:38 AM7/26/17
Caddyshack

Continuing prayers and good thoughts for you Steve.

Bill
minandbills.net

Steve Russo

Jul 26, 2017, 7:14:10 AM7/26/17
Thanks... and a good quick get on the film quote.

I've spent 60+ years not wearing hats at all but now, I have to wear a
hat each day when in the sun (even a shaded sun) or wind. I have several
different types (mostly baseball but one large Fedora type I'm saving
for WDW). The one I wear to mow the lawn or do yard work however is a
true Carl Spackler model from Caddyshack.

--
Steve

Peppermint Patty

Jul 26, 2017, 9:16:46 AM7/26/17
Stay strong! Wow, you're at the halfway point already! Glad you are handling it as well as you are. You must be doing very well if you have planned your next trip and are making ADRs!!!! Lots of prayers and good thoughts not to mention pixie dust flowing your way!

Rudeney

Jul 26, 2017, 10:23:25 AM7/26/17
I am not a hat guy, either, but I do keep a ball cap in the car in case I'm
riding top-down and it gets too sunny. I also have a waterproof wide-brim
Fedora that I wear at the pool or beach. And I wear a ball cap when doing
yard work, mostly to keep the sweat off my face and also to have something to
swat wasps with. Otherwise, no hats.

Laura Gilbreath

Jul 26, 2017, 1:23:55 PM7/26/17
In article <ol9rvq$1ocb$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Steve Russo <sru...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues:
>
>Today marks day 15 of Radiation - the 50 yard line so to speak, with 15
>days left. I'm feeling a bit warn out but anxious to complete the entire
>thing. Chemotherapy continues each night (no weekends off here).

Thanks for the update, Steve - hang in there.

>On a positive side, we just booked a few dining reservations for January
>so "I've got that going for me... which is nice" (name the film).

Where? Enquiring minds want to know!

Laura

Steve Russo

Jul 26, 2017, 6:21:19 PM7/26/17
'Ohana, Garden Grill, Tiffins and Be Our Guest. We'll likely also hit Big
River but without a reservation.

--
Steve

Lisa Cubbon

Aug 2, 2017, 5:40:55 PM8/2/17
if you find yourself at DS, try De-Luxe burger, Steve. I say it again.

Lisa

Steve Russo

Aug 2, 2017, 7:46:44 PM8/2/17
I have tried it... or did you forget? I liked it a lot but still rank it
slightly below Big River.

--
Steve

Lisa Cubbon

Aug 3, 2017, 11:51:47 AM8/3/17
I forgot! But still at DS it doesn't HAVE to be ice cream... Or
does it..

Lisa

Steve Russo

Aug 3, 2017, 1:27:59 PM8/3/17
(Sigh) No. It never HAS to be Ice Cream but Ice Cream may be used as a
meal. If you happen to be at Disney Springs and you hanker a burger,
DeLuxe is well worth it. It's very good. However, if I'm staying at the
Boardwalk, my burgers are on property at Big River.

--
Steve

Lisa Cubbon

Aug 3, 2017, 3:36:30 PM8/3/17
True....

Lisa

John Mc.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:47:44 AM8/4/17
Just admit it, Steve. You're a CLS.

John Mc.

Bob Me.

Steve Russo

Aug 4, 2017, 11:55:09 AM8/4/17
That is no secret. I've admitted that many, many times.

I think the preference of DeLuxe versus Big River burgers is a personal
one. In my opinion, they're both very good and worth your time - if you
want a burger. They are, however, a bit different and that would appeal
to diners in more unique ways.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Aug 4, 2017, 11:59:40 AM8/4/17
On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
> I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
> change.

Current Status as of this morning... 22 Radiations down, 8 to go. I'm
also at 30 Chemotherapy sessions with 15 to go. Roughly 10-15 days when
things will begin easing up for me - hopefully.

--
Steve

Lisa Cubbon

Aug 4, 2017, 12:51:15 PM8/4/17
Really? Interesting. I didn't find the wait to be too long. And you
always have to have a table to sit at to enjoy the burger and fries.

But I can see how it would be helpful..

Lisa

Rudeney

Aug 4, 2017, 3:57:31 PM8/4/17
I think I;m the one who actually invented the phrase "Crescent Lake Snob" and
it was in describing Steve. So it's all his! :-)

> I think the preference of DeLuxe versus Big River burgers is a personal
> one. In my opinion, they're both very good and worth your time - if you
> want a burger. They are, however, a bit different and that would appeal to
> diners in more unique ways.

Steve, have you ever considered running for political office?

I've never tried either of them, but my favorite burger is still a place
called Mug Shots. It started in Mississippi and branched out to Alabama, and
now Louisiana. If you ever get to this neck of the woods, you gotta try it.

Rudeney

Aug 4, 2017, 3:58:12 PM8/4/17
Dang! That's just a few more weeks. Hang in there!

Bob Me.

Aug 4, 2017, 6:25:25 PM8/4/17
The home stretch. You should plan a celebration after the last one, give
you something to plan for and look forward to (other then being done
with the radiation and chemo of course).

Laura Gilbreath

Aug 4, 2017, 7:52:16 PM8/4/17
In article <om25l8$42h$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Good news! Are you going to celebrate with some ice cream?

Laura

mars...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2017, 6:39:04 AM8/5/17
So glad to hear that you're almost finished. You gotta be looking forward to that! You'll probably want a bit of a rest and then definitely something fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Steve Russo

Aug 5, 2017, 7:32:32 AM8/5/17
Yes, I think we have researched the term before. It is your invention.

>> I think the preference of DeLuxe versus Big River burgers is a personal
>> one. In my opinion, they're both very good and worth your time - if you
>> want a burger. They are, however, a bit different and that would appeal to
>> diners in more unique ways.
>

> Steve, have you ever considered running for political office?

Hahahahaha!!!!!

> I've never tried either of them, but my favorite burger is still a place
> called Mug Shots. It started in Mississippi and branched out to Alabama, and
> now Louisiana. If you ever get to this neck of the woods, you gotta try it.

The best, for me, is still my own... grilled on my deck. I add a small
amount of cheese, never too much, and also lightly toast the rolls on
the grill. But if I'm not at home? Big River.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Aug 5, 2017, 7:36:43 AM8/5/17
On 8/4/2017 3:59 PM, Rudeney wrote:
> On 8/4/2017 10:59 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>> On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>>> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues: why
>>> I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things could
>>> change.
>>>

>> Current Status as of this morning... 22 Radiations down, 8 to go. I'm
>> also at 30 Chemotherapy sessions with 15 to go. Roughly 10-15 days when
>> things will begin easing up for me - hopefully.
>

> Dang! That's just a few more weeks. Hang in there!

Oh, I'm hanging. Actually after yesterday's session with the doctor,
we're completed on August 16. That morning is my final Radiation
treatment and that evening will be a final Chemo ingestion. I then get a
"break" of about 4 weeks before some extensive testing. We should be
complete on the Radiation but will likely begin reduced Chemo at some point.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Aug 5, 2017, 7:37:44 AM8/5/17
On 8/4/2017 6:24 PM, Bob Me. wrote:
> On 8/4/2017 11:59 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>> On 7/8/2017 11:10 AM, Steve Russo wrote:
>>> I just wanted to bring the regular RADPers up to speed on my issues:
>>> why I was absent for a while, why I'm mostly back now and why things
>>> could change.
>>>

>> Current Status as of this morning... 22 Radiations down, 8 to go. I'm
>> also at 30 Chemotherapy sessions with 15 to go. Roughly 10-15 days
>> when things will begin easing up for me - hopefully.
>>

> The home stretch. You should plan a celebration after the last one, give
> you something to plan for and look forward to (other then being done
> with the radiation and chemo of course).

Yes, we are planning but do have a few restrictions to adhere to.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Aug 5, 2017, 7:40:25 AM8/5/17
LOL. Probably but I have to admit it's not going to be a surprise
celebration. We've visited our Ice Cream favorite, Lickety Split, twice
after Radiation treatments. I have kept the quantities down but I'm
feeling a Chocolate Hot Fudge somewhere in the near future.

--
Steve

Steve Russo

Aug 5, 2017, 7:41:00 AM8/5/17
On 8/5/2017 6:39 AM, mars...@gmail.com wrote:
> So glad to hear that you're almost finished. You gotta be looking forward to that! You'll probably want a bit of a rest and then definitely something fun.

Exactly!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Me either.

--