Re: Disney+ sheds 4 million subscribers because of LGBTQIA+ content

Gay Woke Disney

May 11, 2023, 12:35:04 AM5/11/23
pyotr filipivich <trumpth...@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:sts8lf$1384j$3...@news.freedyn.de:

> Duque Mantee wrote
>
>> Iger is the asshole who infected Disney with queer pedophiles.

Walt Disney Co.’s streaming video business narrowed its financial losses
in the most recent fiscal quarter compared with a year earlier.

But the company’s flagship online service, Disney+, lost subscribers for
the second straight quarter because of soft results from its direct-to-
consumer product in India.

Disney+ lost a total of 4 million subscribers during the three months that
ended April 1, the Burbank entertainment giant said Wednesday.

The streaming decline primarily stemmed from the struggles of the low-cost
Disney+ Hotstar service, which has suffered from the loss of streaming
rights to Indian Premier League cricket matches.

This comes after Disney+ shed 2.4 million subscribers during the first
quarter, marking the first such drop for the service since it launched in
November 2019. Disney+ now has a total of 157.8 million subscribers
globally.

Disney is in the midst of a major cost-cutting effort in the pursuit of
higher profits as streaming continues to eat into earnings.

Chief Executive Bob Iger, who returned to the company in November, has
been on a mission to find $5.5 billion in cost savings, including by
cutting a projected 7,000 jobs across the company. So far, Disney has shed
4,000 of those roles through two rounds of layoffs and eliminations of
unfilled positions.

“We’re pleased with our accomplishments this quarter, including the
improved financial performance of our streaming business, which reflect
the strategic changes we’ve been making throughout the company to realign
Disney for sustained growth and success,” Iger said in a statement. “[W]e
continue to deliver for consumers, while establishing a more efficient,
coordinated, and streamlined approach to our operations.”

Crucially, Disney lost less money from its direct-to-consumer segment,
which is composed of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.

Disney’s streaming businesses posted an operating loss of $659 million
during the second quarter, compared with an $887-million loss in the same
quarter last year. Disney has promised investors that the service will be
profitable by the end of fiscal 2024.

Not when you gay pedophiles keep producing child grooming content it
won't. You went woke. The next step is broke.