'The View': Here's how Ron DeSantis' political team responded to invite from ABC talk show

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 8, 2022, 3:23:26 PM8/8/22
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ office had a blistering response to ABC News’
"The View" after the liberal daytime talk show asked the Republican
governor to appear as guest.

Fox News Digital has confirmed that "The View" extended an invitation to
DeSantis, and deputy press secretary Bryan Griffin shared his office's
official response to the offer.

"Thanks for the invite. I understand that you are sending this request on
behalf of your team," Griffin wrote in a message he shared on Twitter.
"But are the hosts of the View really interested in hearing from Governor
DeSantis about all of the important work he is doing on behalf of
Floridians to protect their health and livelihoods, to stand up for
parents and children, and to defend freedom?"

DeSantis’ deputy press secretary then asked, "Which of the below
statements from the hosts of the View do you recommend our team consider
when deciding if the interview with be a genuine pursuit of truth?"

DeSantis’ office offered four examples, including Joy Behar calling the
governor a "homicidal sociopath," Sunny Hostin declaring him to be a
"fascist and a bigot," Ana Navarro calling him "anti-Black" and Hostin
criticizing his policies as "anti-Black history laws."

"We will pass on this offer," Griffin wrote. "Also please note — we don’t
coordinate appearances or events of a political nature from the official
office. Our role is to serve the people of Florida."

"The View" declined to comment when asked if the show received the email
tweeted by Griffin.

The program attacks conservative leaders on a regular basis and DeSantis
has emerged as a frequent target. Hostin at one point labeled him
"DeathSantis" for his coronavirus policies.

This week, Navarro said Florida was dealing with a "housing crisis," an
"insurance crisis" and a "climate crisis" and that DeSantis was too
focused on children being exposed to drag shows. DeSantis recently filed a
complaint with R House, a Miami restaurant, for hosting "lewd activity"
while minors were present, according to the New York Post. The ABC News
program criticized the governor for this stance.

"Do I think a 5-year-old should be at a drag show? No, but you know what?
If you are for parental choice when it comes to your kid wearing a mask to
school, if you are for parental choice when it comes to your kid learning
about slavery and learning the true history of this country, then why in
the hell can’t you be about parental choice on whether you take your kid
to a drag show or not?" Navarro argued.

Navarro, a regular fill-in for the show, said people were "cherry-picking"
with regard to parental choice.

"I looked at the top causes of endangerment for children, of children’s
death. It’s firearms. It’s car accidents. It’s drownings. It is not drag
queens. I’ve yet to see a kid that dies from being exposed to a drag
queen," Navarro said.

Fox News' Hanna Panreck and Lindsay Kornic contributed to this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-view-heres-how-ron-desantis-political-
team-responded-invite-abc-talk-show

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.