Sue's May AKV Club Level - Day 6 of 6

Sue/WDW1972

May 30, 2022, 11:36:28 AM5/30/22
DAY 6 – Monday 5/30/22
Who: Sue (63), DVC Member

Plan: Drive to Gainesville

Actual: Last night my trash tv show ended at 10 but the pool was open until 11 and I could hear the people out there. That’s the drawback to a room overlooking the pool. I ended up sitting out on the balcony for a bit, vs laying in bed listening to people in the pool. Why do they have to shout so late at night??

Also in my old room on the 6th floor I believe nobody was staying there until my last night. All trip I’d seen maintenance coming and going at various times but it wasn’t until Saturday afternoon that I saw people moving in. Sure enough, Sunday morning as I was packing up I could hear them talking (not loudly – just normal conversation level but the soundproofing sucks). I was glad when I got to the new room to find it’s a dedicated studio – no connecting door! As a result, it was silent, which is just the way it should be.

I slept well and got up at 5 for my cappuccino. I knew Mara opened at 7 so a little after 6:30 I tried to make my mobile order. All that kept coming up was a snack menu (cold stuff), along with bottles of wine, lol! Turns out hot breakfast doesn’t start until 7:30, which seems strange to me. Makes it hard for resort guests to get breakfast before going to a park for early entry! My first option for breakfast was 7:40-8:10 so I ordered the bacon & gruyere quiche, then changed the window to 7:30-8:00.

Today was the naming ceremony for HAL’s new ship Rotterdam, so I watched some of the live coverage from Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Brand ambassador Seth Wayne was live on Facebook walking around the ship following Princess Margrit’s naming ceremony.

Around 7:20 I went downstairs and walked around the outside area. I took one more look at the viewing area and found a zebra and a few other animals nearby. I wandered back to Mara and sat inside until 7:30. At that point I could say “I’m here – prepare my food” and a couple minutes later I had the notification to pick it up.

I’d ordered the food “to go” and took it to a table right outside. The quiche was pretty big and could easily be shared. It was very good – I’ll definitely get this again! I could only eat half of it and didn’t think it would be worth keeping to reheat later, so I had to throw it away.

I went up to the room, got my stuff and headed out to the car. By leaving early I beat any holiday weekend traffic and was home in just under 2 hours.

Some photos (mostly animals) are on Snapfish at https://www.snapfish.com/share?via=link&token=ucjdG1Px2x6Yk2qTFz5WcQ/SFO/27952607121060/SNAPFISH

This was a really nice trip – I’m so happy to see the concierge lounge is operating normally, like before the pandemic! Masks are optional (as they should be at this point), so those who want them can use them but the rest of us aren’t required to. I’d say around half the cast members wore them, but very few guests did. The food offerings repeated more frequently than before, but they were so good that wasn’t a bad thing! Having bacon and another hot item at breakfast was I nice improvement. Also, having 4 white wines vs 2 was an improvement.

The resort, as always, is lovely. The animals are a big plus and it’s always fun to watch the giraffe and zebra and other critters. The pool is great but it really should open by 9 this time of year. They do stay open until 11, which is good for the people who are still awake around that time <g>.

Gideon’s was so easy this time! Unfortunately with the concierge lounge it was hard to eat much of it. The “bites” all came home – some to the freezer, one to SB, some in my office. I really could have done without them!

It was great seeing Chris, Amanda & Ari, and even though I didn’t go into the parks we got to spend time together. Speaking of not going into the parks – I loved that! I’m so over the parks at this point. However, had we been staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club I would have wandered around World Showcase in Epcot during the evenings.

Disney did a great job finding and returning my sneakers to me! They didn’t do a great job of getting me into a room that would be ready earlier in the day – what’s the point of giving me that option if they’re going to ignore it?

My next trip will be a 4-night resort trip (solo) at Bay Lake Tower. I’m looking forward to seeing the Electrical Water Pageant again and since my last night is July 3rd I can watch the Magic Kingdom holiday fireworks from the resort. After that it’s back to Jambo House club level again for the long Labor Day weekend.
Sue/WDW1972

Pat Svansson

May 31, 2022, 6:06:48 AM5/31/22
It is so nice to read your trip reports again Sue! What a treat to hear about staying at Jambo House and seeing your pictures. Our family stayed there in a 2 BDR years ago, club level.......we loved the place!!!

Sue/WDW1972

May 31, 2022, 7:15:30 PM5/31/22
On Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 6:06:48 AM UTC-4, Pat Svansson wrote:

> It is so nice to read your trip reports again Sue! What a treat to hear about staying at Jambo House and seeing your pictures. Our family stayed there in a 2 BDR years ago, club level.......we loved the place!!!

Thanks Pat - it was certainly wonderful being back! Hope you & your family have a return trip at some point.

Sue/WDW1972