Sue's Labor Day WDW Weekend - Day 3 of 5

Sue/WDW1972

Sep 4, 2021, 7:41:28 PM9/4/21
DAY 3 – Saturday 9/4/21
Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
Holli (50’s), friend
Chris (34), son
Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
Ari (5), grandson

Plan: Pool, Terralina

Actual: Once again I slept really well – love the quiet! I was up by 5 and heard Holli raising the murphy bed around 6:15. I enjoyed my cappuccino from bed and did online stuff, then joined her in the living room around 6:30. Ari was the first Holland to emerge, and he ate one of the hard boiled eggs I’d brought for him while his parents got showered and dressed. They headed out to the Magic Kingdom by 8.

Holli & I got ready for the pool and walked over around 8:30, going to Congress Park again. I really like this pool, and it’s not a long walk at all. The pool wasn’t busy when we arrived, but it got very busy by the time we left at noon. There were a few families with young children, who I assume didn’t want to have to wait until 10am to use a pool. It was a nice crowd – no obnoxious noisy people. It felt a little more comfortable than yesterday too, thanks to clouds passing over more frequently. Holli spent her time mostly in the pool reading her book and I did my reading on my chaise lounge.

At the Magic Kingdom Chris, Amanda & Ari were on People Mover when it broke down, and they got evacuated off the ride. They didn’t mind, as it’s a new adventure. They were given a fastpass for the inconvenience, which they used to ride Buzz Lightyear after lunch.

Back at the villa I took my shower first, since Holli’s sink area is in the room with the shower. This way I could exit into my area, leaving the shower room free for her to shower & get ready. It worked well and we were out the door before 1. We walked over to Disney Springs – it wasn’t horrible walking over but it was very warm walking back.

We checked in at Terralina and said we wanted to sit at the bar, so they canceled our lunch reservation. The bar wasn’t busy – only 1 other couple while we were there. Unfortunately some jerk parents somewhere in the restaurant had a small child that would shriek an ear-piercing scream pretty frequently. I wanted to find them and slap the parents, but I refrained. It was totally uncalled for and I don’t know why those jerk parents didn’t take their child outside to stop bothering everyone.

Lunch was very good. We each had a glass of wine (me white, Holli red). She had the eggplant parmesan sandwich, which she said was very good. I got the caprese salad I’d had last time, and this time some of the tomatoes were a little less ripe. I still enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as “wow” as last time. After getting the dvc discount on the food and settling the check we headed back outside.

Chris had texted me a photo while we were having lunch and asked if I’d look for the item. It was a popcorn bucket, from the Nightmare Before Christmas. It’s exclusive to passholders, and limited to 2 per person (thank goodness Disney is doing more of this – so many people buy up everything and then resell it all on the internet to make money. We had no idea where the popcorn bucket might be found, but a google search indicated a few possible locations – none particularly close. When we came out of the restaurant I noticed directly across from us was a popcorn cart with the bucket on display! There was no line either, so we went over there and bought the bucket – I’m sure it’s for Ari.

With that done we walked back to the villas, and sat in the air conditioned living room with HGTV on to relax and cool down. Amanda & Ari were napping in their room and Chris took the car to the charger. Holli & I did some online stuff, and eventually Chris came back. He’d gone to Publix while the car was charging and brought back more refreshments for them.

It was probably 4 or after when Ari woke up, and Amanda followed. She’d gotten a really cute spirit jersey for the 50th anniversary. I’d brought a new puzzle so we worked on that – only 100 pieces so it didn’t take too long. Ari was a bundle of energy and was bouncing off the walls a bit. At one point he had to sit by the front door (time out), but then came back for more fun & games. He has a ton of energy!

They decided to go over to Disney Springs and left around 5:30. Amanda texted later to say they’d eaten at Enzo’s & Maria (or Maria & Enzo’s) and had shared the spaghetti & meatballs but were unable to finish it. She thought it would be great for SB! Holli cut up some cheese and I pulled out the crackers, setting up a small platter for our dinner. We poured some wine – Indaba chenin blanc for me and the rest of a red wine for Holli.

Our cruise buddy Fran texted me about November at Disney. I arrive the day before she & her daughter & son-in-law leave, and we’re all at Beach Club Villas. We made plans to meet for a drink at Martha’s Vineyard that night so I could meet “the kids”. She also mentioned her February 2022 fare under HAL’s weekend promo looked a little cheaper. I’d already checked mine & Holli’s the other day, and the deal we booked at was better, but I realized I needed to check SB’s booking. In his case the fare would go up $20 but his crew incentive (the daily service charge - $14.50/day) would be free, so I sent an email to my travel agent to get that updated.

We spent the evening watching HGTV, and I imagine Ari & his parents will be back before too long. There was no rain today – too bad it wasn’t like this last night! Today was a delightful day – Holli has loved relaxing in the pool and said she’s never felt so relaxed. I admitted my favorite days are the ones where I don’t bother with the parks. Decades ago I could have never imagined saying that, but it’s the truth. I’m so over crowds and queues – just give me my beautiful resorts!

Tomorrow I have the Remy preview with the Hollands, which unfortunately means I have to cut my pool time very short in order to shower and get over to Epcot in time. Holli & I are planning on Lava Lounge for lunch, but since that’s technically outside (not in air conditioning) we’ll see how it feels when we get there!

Sue/WDW1972

Rudeney

Sep 7, 2021, 11:59:23 AM9/7/21
On 9/4/2021 6:41 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

> We checked in at Terralina and said we wanted to sit at the bar, so
> they canceled our lunch reservation. The bar wasn’t busy – only 1
> other couple while we were there. Unfortunately some jerk parents
> somewhere in the restaurant had a small child that would shriek an
> ear-piercing scream pretty frequently. I wanted to find them and
> slap the parents, but I refrained. It was totally uncalled for and I
> don’t know why those jerk parents didn’t take their child outside to
> stop bothering everyone.

Yeah, I hate when that happens. We usually ask not be to seated in the
kindergarten section, but sometimes a kid is so loud, it disturbs the
entire restaurant. Friends of mine will actually call for the manager
and explain that if they can't provide a pleasant dining experience,
they will be canceling their order and leaving. They say they've had
some success with that where the manager asked the offending parents to
please take the child outside.

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm