Re: Simba's Kids

peterr...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2013, 8:06:57 PM11/8/13
I've Been An Admin On The Lion King Wikia For A Couple Of Weeks Now, And Gathering As Much Info, I've Found That The First Movie Was Considered A "B-Movie." Meaning They Thought That The Movie Was A Flop. So, Simba's Pride Wasn't Gonna Be Made, And They Just Settled On The Name "Fluffy."

Stephanie da Silva

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96

I'm posting this for Tad Stones:

>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 08:59:40 PST
>From: "Tad Stones" <tad_s...@studio.disney.com>
>To: ari...@taronga.com
>Subject: Simba's kids

In the first script of TLK direct to video, the cub held up at the end
of the original movie was deemed a male, "Chaka" by name. They felt this
fit the theme of the Circle of Life. The project has since gone through
at least two more writers and many rewrites.

The sequel revolves around Simba's daughter, Shani. Some people, Roger
Allers and Rob Minkoff among them, though the character of Chaka
complicated the story of the movie unnecessarily. Rob and Roger
evidently felt that the scene at the end of TLK was more about the
circle of life and death than matters of royal succession. In current
drafts there is no Chaka.

In other D2V news: Aladdin and the King of Thieves should finish rough
animation by the end of this month. The video will get a late summer
release. There will be a trailer on at least some of the Pocahontas
videos. Unfortunately, many of the nicest scenes are still in pencil
test and were unavailable for the trailer. The trailer plays up the
wedding but the action adventure aspects are greatly toned down.

MAX100

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
>>TLK is a movie that I truely love, and I
don't want to see it spolied by a fly-by-night sequel. :) I'm sure
other TLK fans echo this.<<

I wholeheartedly agree! I'm not even sure if I want to see a sequel to
TLK. I think it's better to leave the audience to guess what happens
next, instead of creating a movie to tell us.

Hakuna Matata!
-Jeff
The Unofficial Lion King Home Page:
http://members.aol.com/max100/TLK/lionking.htm

Travis S.

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
>I'm posting this for Tad Stones:

>>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 08:59:40 PST
>>From: "Tad Stones" <tad_s...@studio.disney.com>
>>To: ari...@taronga.com
>>Subject: Simba's kids

>In the first script of TLK direct to video, the cub held up at the end
>of the original movie was deemed a male, "Chaka" by name. They felt this
>fit the theme of the Circle of Life. The project has since gone through
>at least two more writers and many rewrites.

There's going to be a direct to video sequel to The Lion King? I must
have missed the thread (I just joined the newsgroup)! :) When is
supposed to be released?

Travis

I'll have you know - I have the reflexes of a cat,
and the speed of a mongoose!

Throw it!

I DARE YA!

Pocah1tas

Jan 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/13/96
Could someone repost the original TAd Stones message please: )
Poca...@AOL.com
Pocahontas deserves her own animated series!
And could we get "If I Never Knew You" back in the film.....please!