Eagle Annuals #9 and #11 with Dan Dare stories - are they worth it?

Paul Turner

Sep 4, 2004, 1:58:56 PM9/4/04
Are these Dan Dare stories any good? The books seem old so I figure
they might be worth buying:

Eagle #11 Includes Dan Dare story "The Solid Gold Asteroid"...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6923894164&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Eagle #9 Includes Dan Dare story "The Vanishing Scientists"...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6923894186&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

what you reckon?

Kris Baker

Sep 4, 2004, 3:55:15 PM9/4/04

"Paul Turner" <pault...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Are these Dan Dare stories any good? The books seem old
> so I figure they might be worth buying:

(snip)

> what you reckon?

Paul, why don't you write to Paul, the owner of auctions,
and ask?

Kris

ppint.

Sep 6, 2004, 9:02:46 PM9/6/04
- hi; Kris Baker innocently enquired, in five froups:
[follow-up set to rasff, as that's the only one i read]
> "Paul Turner" <pault...@hotmail.com> wrote

>>Are these Dan Dare stories any good? The books seem old
>>so I figure they might be worth buying:
>
> (snip)
>
>>what you reckon?
>
>Paul, why don't you write to Paul, the owner of auctions,
>and ask?

- well, he mightn't know the answer is "no"...

(there _are_ reasons for wanting the first dozen-and-a-half
of the eagle annuals, but quality of story-line or artwork
in the dan dare stories contained therein ain't amongst 'em.
neither frank hampson, nor the team he put together had any-
thing to do with the dan dare comic stories in the annuals.)

- love, a ppint. who admits to having a fair few of them
[please use the reply-to address, first changing any "f"
to a "g", and you be desirous of contacting me directly]
--
"peabody? don't worry about her; she's got a heart of gold"
"aye - and a head of pure science"