HYPE/INFO Collector Times Interviews

Sheryl Roberts

Sep 10, 2001, 10:40:35 PM9/10/01
The New Edition of the Collector Times is Online at
www.CollectorTimes.com

Comics Related:

Contest: Yes, it’s our annual contest. Win an animated style Batman
print, created by Phil Moy. Instructions on how to enter are on the
front page.

Coville’s Clubhouse: I interview Shannon Denton about his newest comic
Markus Fang. Shannon also talks about his work in animation, and what it
takes to get a comic made into a television show, or into a movie. It’s
a side of the comics business that few folks rarely think about. Jamie
Coville interviews Brian Hibbs, owner of Comix Experience in San
Francisco. In this interview, Brian talks about his dissatisfaction with
Marvel’s no overprinting policy and what happened to him
for criticizing Marvel’s policies to the company.

Great X-pectations: Jason Bourgeois decides to stir up some controversy
of his own. He likes the new X Force comic.

Comic Reviews: More indie comic reviews! Strange Heroes, The Successors
#2,
Harvey Turnbolt, Monster Slayer #1, Artesia #1, Prophecy of the Soul
Sorcerer #1, and Where’s It At Sugar Kat?

Artistic License: Joe Singleton can’t leave those Golden Age Heroes
alone! This month he gives us the Justice Society now.

Comic Bookmarks: Jeff Valentine explores the websites that address the
chronology of the Big Two Universes for us.

Manga Review: Cil Cheung discusses the merits of FLCL.

From the Big Screen to Comics and Back Again: I did a summary of the
panel at San Diego. It’s a good companion piece to my interview with
Shannon Denton.

Just Another Day: Comic strip by Gonzo.

Utter Confusion: Comic strip by Daniel Fu continues.

Plus, gaming, toys, science fiction book reviews, a special interview
with SF author Spider Robinson, movie reviews and much, much more!

Sheryl Roberts
Editor, The Collector Times