NEWS: Windsor-Smith at Marvel

Alan David Doane

Feb 20, 2001, 2:23:41 PM2/20/01
Barry Windsor-Smith is returning to Marvel Comics.

The artist tells Comic Book Galaxy that he has done a number of covers
for the company: "So far I’ve done an X-Men, and Uncanny X-Men, a
Wolverine, and a Mighty Thor."

Windsor-Smith, who rose to fame at Marvel with writer Roy Thomas on
Conan the Barbarian, says he may do more covers for Marvel as well,
depending on response to the initial batch.

Windsor-Smith is also the author of Opus 2: Time Rise, the latest
volume in the series, which is set for release soon from Fantagraphics
Books.

Alan David Doane
Editor-in-Chief
Comic Book Galaxy
Usenet's 8th Favourite Comics Web Site
http://www.comicbookgalaxy.com

Aaron Michael Newton

Feb 20, 2001, 2:52:18 PM2/20/01
In rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Alan David Doane <alandav...@yahoo.communication.breakdown> wrote:
: Barry Windsor-Smith is returning to Marvel Comics.

: The artist tells Comic Book Galaxy that he has done a number of covers
: for the company: "So far I've done an X-Men, and Uncanny X-Men, a
: Wolverine, and a Mighty Thor."

Just covers? :( Darn. Oh well, here's hoping it leads to more stuff at
Marvel from BWS.

-Aaron

--
****
Aaron Newton - fign...@louisville.edu - IRC: FigNewton

Patrick MARCEL

Feb 20, 2001, 3:33:27 PM2/20/01
Le 20/02/01 20:23, Alan David Doane a écrit  :

> Windsor-Smith is also the author of Opus 2: Time Rise, the latest
> volume in the series, which is set for release soon from Fantagraphics
> Books.

"which has been set for release for a while" would be more precise.

Patrick

--
Reason is only a drug, and its effects cannot be permanent.
- Hope Mirrlees -

Alan David Doane

Feb 20, 2001, 4:36:57 PM2/20/01
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:33:27 +0100, Patrick MARCEL
<mant...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Le 20/02/01 20:23, Alan David Doane a écrit  :
>
>> Windsor-Smith is also the author of Opus 2: Time Rise, the latest
>> volume in the series, which is set for release soon from Fantagraphics
>> Books.
>
>"which has been set for release for a while" would be more precise.
>
>Patrick

I'm told the book is on its way to the US from the overseas printer
even as we speak.

Ken Dreger

Feb 21, 2001, 4:40:27 AM2/21/01
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:23:41 -0500, Alan David Doane
<alandav...@yahoo.communication.breakdown> wrote:

How old is Barry? (I know he was around for the whole Valiant thing
and I remember something like 189 or so). It's just that I checked
out your site, then I went to Fandom and Joe Quesada commented that
the older guys get dated so I was suddenly curious. I didn't think
artists got dated? I mean Alan Grant is on Avengers, he seems as
fresh as the first time I saw him. I'm just curious if Barry is that
old because he was before the Image event and I thought they're
considered dated.

Aaron Michael Newton

Feb 21, 2001, 7:49:35 AM2/21/01
In rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Ken Dreger <kend...@canoemail.com> wrote:
: the older guys get dated so I was suddenly curious. I didn't think

: artists got dated? I mean Alan Grant is on Avengers, he seems as

Alan *Davis* is on Avengers. ;)

Ken Dreger

Feb 21, 2001, 11:07:21 AM2/21/01
On 21 Feb 2001 12:49:35 GMT, Aaron Michael Newton
<amne...@louisville.edu> wrote:

>In rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Ken Dreger <kend...@canoemail.com> wrote:
>: the older guys get dated so I was suddenly curious. I didn't think
>: artists got dated? I mean Alan Grant is on Avengers, he seems as
>
>Alan *Davis* is on Avengers. ;)

Doh! heh heheh.. oh geez. Ahem... anyone have a time machine?