"Flashbacks" comic strip ending

D.D.Degg

Aug 28, 2022, 5:43:17 PM8/28/22
After 31 years Flashbacks cartoonist-educator-historian Patrick M. Reynolds
will end the enlightening Sunday comic strip at the end of September 2022.
https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2022/08/28/flashbacks-by-patrick-m-reynolds-to-end-soon/

Does it appear anywhere other than The Washington Post?

Mike Rhode

Aug 28, 2022, 8:29:19 PM8/28/22
Dennis, he did different versions for different markets - scroll down to the end of his page that you linked to, and you'll see NYC, PA and Texas versions.

Mike

Mike Rhode

Aug 28, 2022, 8:44:23 PM8/28/22
Whoops, never mind. I see from that 2020 article that you linked to that the other strips had been cancelled before this.

D.D.Degg

Aug 28, 2022, 8:55:10 PM8/28/22
Mike wrote:
> Whoops, never mind. I see from that 2020 article that you linked to that the other strips had been cancelled before this.

Yeah, Allan Holtz lists Big Apple Almanac, Texas Lore, and Pennsylvania Profiles along with Flashbacks. Pennsylvania Profiles seems to be the starting point in 1976.

Darryl H

Aug 31, 2022, 7:39:49 PM8/31/22
I remember "Big Apple Almanac" by Reynolds in the Sunday (New York/Long Island) Newsday comics section.

Darryl H

Oct 2, 2022, 10:23:16 AM10/2/22
Now that Flashbacks by Patrick M. Reynolds ended, what Sunday strip now takes the place of Flashbacks in the Washington Post Sunday comics?

Mike Rhode

Oct 2, 2022, 10:56:41 AM10/2/22
Popeye, much to my surprise.