Comic strip rerun weeks 2021 thread

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2020, 7:33:48 AM12/31/20
This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2020, 2:54:57 PM12/31/20
Baby Blues to go on repeats in January

Rick Kirkman and Jerry Scott are taking a two-week vacation. Two weeks of dailies for January 18-23, 2021, and January 25-30, 2021, and two Sunday pages for January 31, 2021, and February 7, 2021, are reader favorites from 2017 that have been personally selected by Rick and Jerry.

Darryl H

Jan 5, 2021, 10:53:18 AM1/5/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

This week for January 4-9, 2021: The daily comic strip Betty is in reruns from 2011.

Darryl H

Jan 8, 2021, 10:36:46 AM1/8/21
Belated: Also in reruns this January 4-9, 2021 week: Mike Du Jour, rerunning 2016 daily strips.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 8:15:49 PM1/13/21
The 1/31 Curtis will be a repeat (presumably with Curtis wearing his old hat)

Attention CURTIS Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, a reprint has been issued for the CURTIS Sunday strip for release 1/31/21.

New original work is expected to resume after this date.

Thank you,

King Features Editorial

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2021, 6:06:40 PM1/15/21
More Curtis news...

Attention CURTIS Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, a reprint has been issued for the CURTIS Sunday strip for release 2/7/21.

New original work is expected to resume after this date.

Thank you,

King Features Editorial

Hopefully Ray Billingsley is alright. No word on repeat dailies yet.

Darryl H

Jan 18, 2021, 12:20:43 PM1/18/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

This week for the January 18-23, 2021 week: Baldo is in 2015 reruns, and Pearls Before Swine due to the pulled bad timing week long storyline is in 2018 reruns. The New York Daily News isn't carrying these rerun week strips this week and moved Zits temporary from the first page to the second page of the 2 page comics pages (daily).

Darryl H

Jan 26, 2021, 3:44:57 PM1/26/21
A day belated from January 25-30, 2021: Pearls Before Swine is in another week of reruns which varies from 2017-2018, must be another week with the banned Pearls storyline or something like that. And the New York Daily News this week is carrying the Pearls reruns! However, the January 23, 2021 Pearls strip daily was a new 2021 episode. (So was the January 24, 2021 Pearls Sunday strip being new as well).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2021, 9:47:40 PM1/26/21
Attention ZITS Clients:

Jim Borgman and Jerry Scott are taking a two-week vacation.

Two weeks of dailies for March 8-13, 2021, and March 15-20, 2021.
Two Sunday pages for March 14, 2021, and March 21, 2021.

Reader favorites from 2017 that have been personally selected by Jim and Jerry.

So assume the New York Daily News won't be running Zits during their vacation weeks?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2021, 12:27:22 PM1/31/21
Today's Curtis repeat (1/31/2021) was originally from 2010. It of course has Curtis wearing his original hat.

Darryl H

Feb 6, 2021, 7:34:19 AM2/6/21
On Sunday, January 31, 2021 at 11:27:22 AM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today's Curtis repeat (1/31/2021) was originally from 2010. It of course has Curtis wearing his original hat.

This Feb. 1-6, 2021 week Candorville was rerunning all week 2018 and 2019 episodes - some with tweaks to add in face mask coverings.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2021, 12:37:48 PM2/7/21
Today's (2/7) Curtis repeat was from 2011 and just like last Sunday's rerun, it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2021, 7:47:44 PM2/21/21
The 3/7 Buckles comic strip will be a repeat. Hopefully David Gilbert is okay.

Attention Buckles Sunday Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, a reprint has been issued for the BUCKLES Sunday strip for release 3/7/21.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2021, 9:20:14 AM3/4/21
FYI, "Arlo & Janis" are in 2016 reruns this week (week of 3/1).

Darryl H

Mar 7, 2021, 10:08:08 AM3/7/21
On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 8:20:14 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> FYI, "Arlo & Janis" are in 2016 reruns this week (week of 3/1).

Also this March 1-6, 2021 week: Over The Hedge was rerunning a week of 2019 strips.

I even noticed a few 2018 strips this March 1-6, 2021 Arlo and Janis rerun week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2021, 5:27:41 PM3/9/21
BTW as mentioned a while back Zits is in reruns this week and next and I assume the New York Daily News is not running either of the rerun weeks.

Darryl H

Mar 10, 2021, 6:45:21 AM3/10/21
On Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 4:27:41 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> BTW as mentioned a while back Zits is in reruns this week and next and I assume the New York Daily News is not running either of the rerun weeks.

Yes, the New York Daily News is not running the Zits reruns this week, hence the "Zits is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Mar 19, 2021, 9:00:00 PM3/19/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Last month and this month, the Six Chix comic strip had reruns for the Tuesday artist (Binaca, I guess):
February 2, 2021 is originally from April 28, 2020.
February 9, 2021 is originally from June 2, 2020.
February 16, 2021 is originally from February 11, 2020.
February 23, 2021 is orignally from March 10, 2020.
And Sunday, March 14, 2021 is a rerun from May 24, 2020.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 4:25:19 PM4/5/21
Some updates.

Mutts of 5/2 might be a repeat in some newspapers because of this:

Attention MUTTS Clients:

King Features Syndicate advises that the May 2 Sunday strip centers around the Bidens’ dog Major and his life as a shelter dog. Because of the current delicacy of this topic, we understand that this comic may not be right for all communities. If you prefer, an optional replacement has been made available, chosen by Patrick McDonnell himself. Please contact Customer Service if you would like the replacement strip.

Thank you,
King Features Editorial

Also Curtis will be in repeats next week.

Attention CURTIS Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, reprints have been issued for the CURTIS dailies for release 4/12, 4/13, 4/14, 4/15, 4/16 and 4/17.

New original work is expected to resume after this date.

Thank you,
King Features Editorial

Hopefully Ray Billingsley is okay.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2021, 10:44:04 AM4/12/21
This week's Curtis repeats are from 2010 with Curtis wearing his original hat and visiting Gunther's Barber Shop (which Today I imagine it's still closed).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2021, 1:07:11 PM4/26/21
For the week of 4/26, Jump Start is in reruns this week.

And with that, I want to assume the New York Daily News will not be running Jump Start this week?

Darryl H

Apr 26, 2021, 2:06:53 PM4/26/21
On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> For the week of 4/26, Jump Start is in reruns this week.
>
> And with that, I want to assume the New York Daily News will not be running Jump Start this week?

Yes, the New York Daily News isn't carrying the Jump Start rerun week this week ("Jump Start is on vacation").

Darryl H

May 8, 2021, 7:07:13 AM5/8/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Belated, this 5/3-5/8/2021 week Arlo and Janis was in reruns rerunning 2015 A&J strips.

Darryl H

May 17, 2021, 12:26:21 PM5/17/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

This week for 5/17-5/22/2021: 9 Chickweed Lane is in 2015 reruns.

Darryl H

May 31, 2021, 2:12:32 PM5/31/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Belated from last week of May 24-29, 2021: Daddy's Home was in 2016 reruns the May 24-29, 2021 week.

Darryl H

Jun 1, 2021, 6:39:38 AM6/1/21
And for the May 31-June 5, 2021 week: I think Candorville is going to be all reruns from 2019 this week.

Darryl H

Jun 9, 2021, 6:38:31 AM6/9/21
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 1:12:32 PM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
The week of June 7-June 12, 2021: Daddy's Home is in reruns again this week (after running new 2021 strips last week?) with another week of 2016 strips.

Darryl H

Jun 14, 2021, 6:55:48 AM6/14/21
Week of June 14-19, 2021: Daddy's Home enters the second week in a row in 2016 rerun mode. I bet the Daddy's Home creators - Tony and Gary - are threatening to end the strip in the next few weeks or months...

Darryl H

Jun 23, 2021, 6:41:43 AM6/23/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

This week for 6/21-6/26/2021 Candorville is in a week of reruns - 2019 strips have been rerun this week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2021, 9:58:42 PM6/28/21
Curtis will be in reruns next week and on 7/25. Hopefully Ray is doing alright.

Attention CURTIS Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the CURTIS dailies for July 5-10, 2021, and the Sunday for July 25, 2021, will be reprints.

Darryl H

Jun 28, 2021, 10:12:54 PM6/28/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

The June 20, 2021 and June 27, 2021 Daddy's Home Sunday strips were reruns.

Darryl H

Jun 29, 2021, 6:39:13 AM6/29/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

For the June 28-July 3, 2021 week: Ziggy celebrates its 50th. anniversary with reruns from various years (i.e. 6/28/2021 was from the strip's first year in 1971).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2021, 12:22:54 AM6/30/21
Baby Blues to go on vacation soon...

Attention BABY BLUES Clients:

Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman are taking a two-week vacation. The dailies for the weeks of July 19-24 and July 26-31, 2021, and the Sundays for August 15 and August 22, 2021, are reader favorites that have been personally selected by Jerry and Rick.

Darryl H

Jun 30, 2021, 6:37:13 AM6/30/21
So far for the Ziggy 50 Years rerun week: June 28 was 1971 (1970's), June 29 was 1984 (1980's), and today - June 30, 2021 - was 1992 (1990's). Could Thursday be a 2000's Ziggy strip, Friday be a 2010's Ziggy strip, and Saturday be a 2020 Ziggy strip from last year?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2021, 8:21:16 PM6/30/21
One more thing I missed. Jump Start is in 2018 reruns this week so I assume the New York Daily News is not running Jump Start this week (and starting next week, they won't have Mutts either).

Darryl H

Jun 30, 2021, 9:10:25 PM6/30/21
On Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 7:21:16 PM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> One more thing I missed. Jump Start is in 2018 reruns this week so I assume the New York Daily News is not running Jump Start this week (and starting next week, they won't have Mutts either).

You are correct, the New York Daily News isn't carrying the Jump Start rerun week from 2018 this week.

Darryl H

Jul 3, 2021, 7:05:54 AM7/3/21
On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:39:13 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
To clarify: With 5 days of Ziggy 50th. Jubillie rerun strips (1971 on Monday, 1984 on Tuesday, 1992 on Wednesday, 2001 on Thursday, and 2010 on Friday), the week ends with a first run 2021 Ziggy strip honoring 50 years of the strip.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2021, 3:10:30 PM7/4/21
Today's 7/4 "Rubes" is a repeat from 2018. I don't think I've ever heard of "Rubes" go into reruns before.

D.D.Degg

Jul 4, 2021, 9:27:45 PM7/4/21
Jimmy wrote:
> Today's 7/4 "Rubes" is a repeat from 2018. I don't think I've ever heard of "Rubes" go into reruns before.

Maybe Leigh got too busy putting together his forthcoming hardcover.
https://www.pediment.com/products/rubes-twisted-pop-culture-cartoon-humor-hardcover-book?ownership=pediment&fbclid=IwAR0I05bidO58CymsX5HPHUKu-FQf2Ie6L95zCzn7Rm9etuwCUSfFIGFoQFc&variant=39346920620113

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2021, 12:27:16 AM7/6/21
This week's "Curtis" repeats are from 2010 and of course they have Curtis wearing his original hat.

Darryl H

Jul 6, 2021, 6:44:54 AM7/6/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Rumor has it Candorville may be all 2019 reruns this 7/5/2021=7/10/2021 week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2021, 6:57:49 AM7/12/21
For the week of July 12, The Argyle Sweater is in reruns this week so assuming the New York Daily News is not running the rerun strips this week.

Darryl H

Jul 12, 2021, 7:12:44 AM7/12/21
On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 5:57:49 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> For the week of July 12, The Argyle Sweater is in reruns this week so assuming the New York Daily News is not running the rerun strips this week.

Yep, the New York Daily News isn't carrying this week Argyle Sweater reruns, and also this 7/12/2021=7/17/2021 week the NYDN is not carrying another strip in reruns this week: Pooch Cafe.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2021, 8:19:36 PM7/12/21
Meanwhile, Curtis resumed new strips this week but not for long...

Attention CURTIS Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the CURTIS dailies for July 19-24 and 26-31, 2021, and the Sundays for August 8 and 15, 2021, will be reprints.

Thank you,

King Features Editorial

So that's three out of four weeks in reruns. Again, I hope Ray Billingsley is alright.

Darryl H

Jul 18, 2021, 6:54:22 AM7/18/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

I think Big Nate for the week of July 19-July 24, 2021 is about to be a week of reruns since today's July 18, 2021 Big Nate Sunday strip is a rerun from July 2009.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2021, 6:26:12 AM7/19/21

> I think Big Nate for the week of July 19-July 24, 2021 is about to be a week of reruns since today's July 18, 2021 Big Nate Sunday strip is a rerun from July 2009.

"Big Nate" is in reruns this week.

And also this week's Curtis repeats are from 2006 with Curtis wearing his original hat.

Darryl H

Jul 19, 2021, 6:50:22 AM7/19/21
The Big Nate rerun week is from July 16-July 21, 2018 - The first week of new Big Nate strips after a 6 and a 1/2 month hiatus in 2018 when Lincoln Pierce had a family life problem.

Also for the July 19-24, 2021 week: Pooch Cafe enters week #2 in 2016 rerun mode (and the New York Daily News still has the "Pooch Cafe is on vacation" blurb).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 4:01:00 PM7/26/21
Updating the "Curtis" rerun slate:

The 7/25 Sunday strip was a rerun from 2010 and this week they are rerunning strips from 2007 both instances of course were when Curtis was still wearing his original hat.

I really hope this is the last week of Curtis reruns for a while.

Darryl H

Jul 27, 2021, 8:36:33 AM7/27/21
Another strip in reruns this 7/26-7/31/2021 week: Prickily City (2018 strips).

Darryl H

Jul 29, 2021, 3:31:17 PM7/29/21
Belated: Also in reruns this 7/26-7/31/2021 week: Daddy's Home (2016 strips).

Also: Has Doug Eat Dog been in reruns the past 4 months? - no one has noticed!

D.D.Degg

Jul 29, 2021, 3:36:17 PM7/29/21
On Thursday, July 29, 2021 darryl heine wrote:
> Also: Has Doug Eat Dog been in reruns the past 4 months? - no one has noticed!

I wouldn't say nobody noticed:
http://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2021/07/29/so-heres-some-things-we-noticed/

Darryl H

Jul 29, 2021, 3:36:24 PM7/29/21
Oops, I mean Dog Eat Doug, not Doug Eat Dog!
Message has been deleted

Darryl H

Jul 31, 2021, 7:00:34 AM7/31/21
On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 2:31:17 PM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 7:36:33 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> > On Monday, July 26, 2021 at 3:01:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > > Updating the "Curtis" rerun slate:
> > >
> > > The 7/25 Sunday strip was a rerun from 2010 and this week they are rerunning strips from 2007 both instances of course were when Curtis was still wearing his original hat.
> > >
> > > I really hope this is the last week of Curtis reruns for a while.
> > Another strip in reruns this 7/26-7/31/2021 week: Prickily City (2018 strips).
> Belated: Also in reruns this 7/26-7/31/2021 week: Daddy's Home (2016 strips).
>
> Also: Has Doug Eat Dog been in reruns the past 4 months? - no one has noticed!

Besides Mutts, Curtis, Dog Eat Doug, Daddy's Home, and Prickily City in reruns this 7/26-7/31/2021 week: Candorville had a full week of reruns.

Darryl H

Aug 9, 2021, 7:33:02 AM8/9/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

For the week of August 9-14, 2021: Red and Rover is in 2018 reruns this week (And the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun week this week since it has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb).

Darryl H

Aug 16, 2021, 6:55:46 AM8/16/21
For the week of August 16-21, 2021: Red and Rover enters week #2 in 2018 rerun mode, and Pooch Cafe is in 2014 reruns this week (And the New York Daily News are not carrying these strips' rerun weeks, along with on hiatus until 2022 Mutts).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2021, 2:03:23 PM8/16/21

> For the week of August 16-21, 2021: Red and Rover enters week #2 in 2018 rerun mode, and Pooch Cafe is in 2014 reruns this week (And the New York Daily News are not carrying these strips' rerun weeks, along with on hiatus until 2022 Mutts).

And this is why the Daily News should've run a replacement strip for Mutts in the event two of their other strips go into reruns. Breaking Cat News would've made a good replacement strip IMO.

Darryl H

Aug 23, 2021, 8:01:42 AM8/23/21
For the week of August 23-28, 2021: Red and Rover enters week #3 in rerun mode with 2014 strips, and Pooch Cafe enters week #2 in rerun mode with 2016 reruns (Hope Pooch Cafe artist Paul Gilligan is not positive for COVID because of the rerun weeks).

And, of course the New York Daily News isn't carrying these strips' rerun weeks, along with on hiatus until 2022 Mutts.

Darryl H

Sep 1, 2021, 6:51:24 AM9/1/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Week of August 30-September 4, 2021: Off the Mark is in reruns this week.

Chrysi Cat

Sep 1, 2021, 7:01:54 PM9/1/21
Thankfully they're from 2000, in a strip whose online archive goes back
only to mid-2002, and Parisi doesn't rely on technology to appear hardly
at all.

You wouldn't know these WERE reruns, which is much less the case with,
say, Zits or Get Fuzzy.

Although I'm sure the NYP is _still_ spiking them.

--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger

Darryl H

Sep 1, 2021, 10:06:26 PM9/1/21
NYP (New York Post)? You mean NYDN (New York Daily News)!

Chrysi Cat

Sep 2, 2021, 1:59:41 AM9/2/21
You're right; I probably do.

They're both even further away from me than the LA Times is, so I
sometimes forget which one nuked its comic page entirely and which one
spikes rerun comics.

Darryl H

Sep 2, 2021, 6:38:32 AM9/2/21
New York Post stopped its comics page in 2014, New York Daily News never carries rerun comics.

Darryl H

Sep 2, 2021, 6:41:48 AM9/2/21
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 6:01:54 PM UTC-5, Chrysi Cat wrote:
And you can throw in the few times every week Pickles which has been since 2019 a few new strips every week mixed in with reruns.

Darryl H

Sep 5, 2021, 7:03:12 AM9/5/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

For Sunday, September 5, 2021: Today's 9/5/2021 Sunday Brevity strip is a rerun from August 19, 2018.

Darryl H

Sep 6, 2021, 7:23:18 AM9/6/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

For the week of 9/6-9/11/2021: The Argyle Sweater is in reruns this week rerunning a week of strips from October 2021. And the New York Daily News isn't carrying the rerun week of strips with the "Argyle Sweater is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Sep 6, 2021, 9:06:04 AM9/6/21
OOPS! I meant OCTOBER 2016 for a week of Argyle Sweater strips for 9/6/2021-9/11/2021, not OCTOBER 2021!

Darryl H

Sep 6, 2021, 10:03:07 AM9/6/21
Also for 9/6-9/11/2021: Grand Avenue might be in reruns this week with a week of September 2018 strips being rerun, and that's a confusion since the September 5, 2021 Grand Avenue strip (which was a first run Sunday) used the Looney Tunes "That's All Folks" signature that may tie in to the end of Summer 2021 and maybe not the end of the Grand Avenue comic strip. Stay tuned...

Darryl H

Sep 9, 2021, 7:04:38 AM9/9/21
Add one more in for 9/6-9/11/2021: Heathcliff has been in reruns the last 2 weeks (And this 9/6-9/11/2021 week the Heathcliff comic strip has been showing Garfield guest cameo/reference related strips from the mid to late 2010's)

Darryl H

Sep 11, 2021, 7:28:05 AM9/11/21
Besides Grand Avenue (in limbo after the 9/5/2021 Sunday first run "That's All Folks" strip?) Heathcliff, Argyle Sweater, and in reruns until end of 2021/start of 2022 Mutts, Candorville was all 2019 daily reruns this 9/6-9/11/2021 week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 6:13:26 AM9/12/21
Starting Monday...

Attention ZITS Clients:

Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman are taking a two-week vacation.

The dailies for the weeks of September 13-18 and September 20-25, 2021, and the Sundays for September 26 and October 3, 2021, are reader favorites that have been personally selected by Jerry and Jim.

Thank you,

King Features Editorial

So we can assume the New York Daily News will not be running Zits this week or next.

And also...

Attention CURTIS Clients:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the CURTIS dailies for September 13-18, 2021, will be reprints.

Thank you,

King Features Editorial

I really hoped we were done with Curtis reruns this year but I was wrong. Again, I hope Ray Billingsley is alright.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 6:19:08 AM9/12/21
BTW I don't think this was covered but for the week of August 23 - 28, Rubes was in reruns from 2018.

Darryl H

Sep 12, 2021, 7:04:15 AM9/12/21
Hope Ray Billingsley isn't COVID positive. And Peter Gallagher - Heathcliff artist - isn't COVID positive (Although today's September 12, 2021 Heathcliff Sunday comic strip is a 2017 rerun, and the 7th. Heathcliff comic strip in a row despite being a rerun with a Garfield reference as Garfield appears with other famous cartoon and comic strip cats - includes Bucky from the rerun abused 7 days a week without being removed from all still carrying the strip newspapers Get Fuzzy! - in this Sunday strip).

Darryl H

Sep 12, 2021, 10:39:42 AM9/12/21
On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 6:04:15 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
And another thing: Today's Sunday, September 12, 2021 Doodles strip is a 2016 rerun by Foote and Sack. I guess the last Chris Foote Doodles Sunday prior to Foote's death in Summer 2021 came last week on September 5, 2021, but now will it be reruns indefinately or will Creators withdraw the Doodles strip before 2021 ends unless there's a Chris Foote replacement found?

Darryl H

Sep 13, 2021, 7:06:58 AM9/13/21
And the New York Daily News is not carrying the Zits reruns this week.

As for Grand Avenue after a rerun week last week, it is still going with fresh strips as of today (9/13/2021), so far the only newspaper comic strip to end this 2021 year is Buckles. (Though Doodles may be next? What about Get Fuzzy's still rerun abused 7 days a week fate?)

jdelac...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 7:48:28 AM9/13/21
Meanwhile, this week's Curtis reruns are from 2006.

Not only do the reruns feature Curtis wearing his original hat (as he's only been wearing the new hat since Christmas 2019) but they also feature mom Diane's previous hairstyle.

Seriously I think King Features chooses the Curtis repeats whenever Ray Billingsley is unable to do new ones. Who on Earth would select reruns from 15 years ago?

John W Kennedy

Sep 13, 2021, 1:51:20 PM9/13/21
It cuts both ways. On the one hand, you get continuity problems like
Curtis’ hat; on the other, readers are less likely to remember the old
strips.

Darryl H

Sep 19, 2021, 7:11:46 AM9/19/21
And today's September 19, 2021 Heathcliff Sunday comic strip is a rerun from 2016.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2021, 12:30:02 PM9/20/21

> And today's September 19, 2021 Heathcliff Sunday comic strip is a rerun from 2016.

Also, the Sunday Rubes comic strip is a rerun from 2018

Darryl H

Oct 12, 2021, 8:00:56 PM10/12/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Last week for the October 4-9, 2021 week Arlo and Janis was in reruns rerunning 2019 strips.

Darryl H

Oct 14, 2021, 2:54:26 PM10/14/21
Belated for this week for October 11-16, 2021: Rubes is in reruns from 2008 this week.

Darryl H

Oct 23, 2021, 6:57:27 AM10/23/21
This week for the October 18-23, 2021 week: Candorville was all 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Oct 24, 2021, 11:08:30 AM10/24/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

The Sunday, October 24, 2021 Lio Sunday strip is a rerun from October 2008 (Are you glad Mark T. doesn't do Heart of the City any more since Steenz got the H.O.T.C. strip chores?)

jdelac...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 7:13:02 AM10/26/21
The daily Rubes is in reruns for the second time in three weeks.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2021, 8:26:08 AM11/7/21
This Sunday's Rubes (11/7) is a repeat from 2014.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2021, 4:54:32 PM11/8/21
The daily Rubes is now in reruns for the third time in five weeks.

Also Half Full is in reruns this week.

Darryl H

Nov 9, 2021, 6:40:33 AM11/9/21
On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 3:54:32 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> The daily Rubes is now in reruns for the third time in five weeks.
>
> Also Half Full is in reruns this week.

First time the Half Full strip went into at least a week of reruns, I guess.

Darryl H

Nov 13, 2021, 6:43:56 AM11/13/21
On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 5:40:33 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 3:54:32 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> > The daily Rubes is now in reruns for the third time in five weeks.
> >
> > Also Half Full is in reruns this week.
> First time the Half Full strip went into at least a week of reruns, I guess.

Besides Rubes and Half Full and Mutts (with 1 month to go for the rerun hiatus for this latter mentioned strip at least), Candorville was in 2019 reruns this November 8-13, 2021 week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2021, 12:30:27 AM11/22/21
For the second time in three weeks, the Sunday edition of Rubes (11/21) is a rerun from 2014.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2021, 7:12:44 AM11/22/21
And for the fourth time in seven weeks, the daily Rubes is in reruns.

Is it just me or is Leigh Rubin cutting back?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2021, 6:18:47 PM11/23/21
The 11/23/2021 "Half Full" strip is a rerun from 2018.

The 11/22/2021 "Half Full" strip was new.

Darryl H

Nov 23, 2021, 7:42:03 PM11/23/21
On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 5:18:47 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> The 11/23/2021 "Half Full" strip is a rerun from 2018.
>
> The 11/22/2021 "Half Full" strip was new.

And this 11/22-11/27/2021 week starting Sunday 11/21/2021 Big Nate is in November 2018 reruns.

Darryl H

Nov 23, 2021, 7:44:42 PM11/23/21
Clarification: The Big Nate Sunday, November 21, 2021 strip was a rerun from 2011, not 2018.

Darryl H

Nov 25, 2021, 9:32:24 AM11/25/21
On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 6:44:42 PM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 6:42:03 PM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 5:18:47 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> > > The 11/23/2021 "Half Full" strip is a rerun from 2018.
> > >
> > > The 11/22/2021 "Half Full" strip was new.
> > And this 11/22-11/27/2021 week starting Sunday 11/21/2021 Big Nate is in November 2018 reruns.
> Clarification: The Big Nate Sunday, November 21, 2021 strip was a rerun from 2011, not 2018.

And I didn't mention this: The Born Loser has been in 2019 reruns the last 4 weeks this November 2021.

Darryl H

Nov 28, 2021, 7:48:33 AM11/28/21
And today for November 28, 2021 the Sunday Born Loser strip is starting the 3-4 week Sunday 2019 rerun mode.

Darryl H

Nov 29, 2021, 7:39:41 AM11/29/21
Week of November 29-December 4, 2021: The Born Loser enters week #5 in 2019 rerun mode.

Darryl H

Nov 29, 2021, 7:42:49 AM11/29/21
Here's a reason from Chip Samson on gocomics.com why The Born Loser has been in 2019 reruns the last 5 weeks:

"I have mentioned several times in my GoComics comments that I have been forced to take some time off from The Born Loser this month, due to an unexpected surgery and its resulting recuperation time. I plan to be back behind the drawing board soon. In the meantime, my wonderful editor has selected some Born Loser greatest hits to run in my absence."

Darryl H

Nov 29, 2021, 8:12:57 AM11/29/21
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:33:48 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for newspaper comic strips that take a week or two or more in a rerun mode week or two or more. This excludes newspaper comic strips in indefinate rerun mode (i.e. Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, daily Doonesbury, Amazing Spider-Man, and of course, rerun abused 7 days a week that I wish Andrews-McMeel would officially retire from all newspapers for good Get Fuzzy) and off and on a few days a week in rerun Pickles (which has its own thread).

Something I didn't mention for the November 15-20, 2021 week: 9 Chickweed Lane was in 2016 reruns that week.

Darryl H

Nov 30, 2021, 8:19:43 PM11/30/21
And as of this week, I will not check on The Born Loser to see if it resumed new episodes until a few days after 2022 begins.

Darryl H

Dec 4, 2021, 7:14:59 AM12/4/21
This 11/29/2021-12/4/2021 week Candorville was 2019 daily reruns.
It is loading more messages.