Interview with Edward Frascino ("New Yorker") from Nov. 2020

Lenona

Sep 2, 2021, 4:44:56 PMSep 2
Well, this seems to confirm that he was born in 1930!

For those who don't know, he's best known as the illustrator of The Trumpet of the Swan, by E.B. White. (Love those illustrations - they really do prove how much beauty there can be in just black and white.)

https://michaelmaslin.com/celebrating-new-yorker-artist-edward-frascinos-90th-birthday-the-ink-spill-interview/

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.comics.strips/c/2AYR9LNL3Bk/m/VXecwyP-AQAJ
(some biographical details)

Mopoleum

Sep 4, 2021, 8:28:07 PMSep 4
Lenona:

> Well, this seems to confirm that he was born in 1930!
>
> For those who don't know, he's best known as the illustrator of The
> Trumpet of the Swan, by E.B. White. (Love those illustrations - they
> really do prove how much beauty there can be in just black and white.)
>
> https://michaelmaslin.com/celebrating-new-yorker-artist-edward-
frascino
> s-90th-birthday-the-ink-spill-interview/

That's a great interview.

He says he doesn't have any favorites, but this is the one I remember
best and always makes me laugh:

https://tinyurl.com/33pjm9bz

https://inkspill.b-cdn.net/wp-
content/uploads/2020/11/Frascino-...little-Billys-portrait-of-you.-Nov-
21-1988.jpg