Comics will no longer be Funky after 2022

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2022, 3:42:07 PM11/17/22
From The Daily Cartoonist. Surprised this wasn't already mentioned here.

https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2022/11/17/50-funky-years-done-batiuk-retires-winkerbean/

Darryl H

Nov 18, 2022, 5:48:24 PM11/18/22
On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 2:42:07 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> From The Daily Cartoonist. Surprised this wasn't already mentioned here.
>
> https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2022/11/17/50-funky-years-done-batiuk-retires-winkerbean/

After 50 years from teenager to senior, this strip has to end.

Could Gasoline Alley end next year if Walt Wallet is on the death bed or something like that?

John W Kennedy

Nov 19, 2022, 1:38:08 PM11/19/22
I think some people at the syndicate feel that way, but, after all,
there are damfew people who can remember when Walt was the actual star.
By WW2 or so, the baton had been passed to Skeezix. (As far as I know,
the only “Gasoline Alley” Whitman novel was “Nina and Skeezix and the
Problem of the Lost Ring”.)

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,

Default User

Nov 20, 2022, 10:52:16 PM11/20/22
Darryl H wrote:

>Could Gasoline Alley end next year if Walt Wallet is on the death bed
>or something like that?

Deathbed? Dude's wanting to ride on garbage trucks! I'm not sure why
you're always wanting to end comic strips. You could just stop reading
them and they'd soon pass from your personal existence.

Brian

Freezer

Nov 24, 2022, 12:56:56 AM11/24/22
If I don't reply to this Darryl H post, the terroists win.
Walt Wallet will outlive us all.

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://mst3kfreezer.livejournal.com/