Family Circus recycling - 2023 thread

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2022, 7:01:01 AM12/31/22
This is a placeholder for 2023 Family Circus recycled art strips. What years would recycled FC do in 2023?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2023, 12:21:08 AM1/1/23
I was hoping to get a break on the first expecting the usual "Year-End Rememberies" Sunday strips FC has done (since 1985 IIRC) but Lazy Jeffy opted not to do one (which is just as well since the chosen strips would have been 100% recycled from previous years). We may actually have a 100% recycled 2023.

To start off, Today's strip is originally from January 1, 1978 with 2023 replacing 1978 in the first panel balloon.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115536050/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2023, 12:12:37 AM1/2/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 14, 1989.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115622711/the-cincinnati-post/

Still 100% Recycled for 2023.

Brian Henke

Jan 2, 2023, 10:28:49 PM1/2/23
I was going to write my Post recap of 1/14/89 until later, but after what happened tonight...

OK, the Post (35 cents) told us about Bengalmania sweeping the city eight days before Super Bowl XXIII. The Post was offering a contest to give a reader tickets and hotel rooms Nam in Miami for the game. Also, they were offering tickets for the new Nick Nolte movie , Three Fugitives, starring Nick Nolte and Martin Short. Now playing: the movie Beaches, starring Bette Midler. I saw that movie on VHS several months. Going back to the Bengals, Boomer Esaison was one of only 13 players...earning at least $1 million in 1988. In the Post comics, Calvin had put a a snowball on a snowman's head. He then told Hobbes that "I'll be the next William Tell, and I'll hit the snowball clean off!" He threw another snowball,. and all Hobbes could say, "Ouch!' Calvin then responded, "Ahhh, he flinched!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

Darryl H

Jan 3, 2023, 6:33:55 AM1/3/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 6:01:01 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for 2023 Family Circus recycled art strips. What years would recycled FC do in 2023?

I am beating Brian and Jimmy to this, today's recycled FC with Billy using a skateboard as a sled with no caption was recycled from early 1977 or early 1978 and then used again I think in early 2010 or early 2011. And Thel's hair was tweaked in the recycled versions.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2023, 12:24:46 AM1/4/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1995.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115759655/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 4, 2023, 4:16:57 AM1/4/23
The POst (35 cents) told us that George Voinovich was sworn in as Ohio governor. It was the night of the Crosstown Shootout between UC and Xavier; the relationship between head coaches Bob Huggins and Skip Prosser was explained. It all happens tonight on Channel 19, followed by Melrose Place's top 20 moments special In theaters now: Houseguest, starring Sinbad and Phil Hartman. In the Post comics, Calvin was asked at school to explain Newton's First Law of motion "in your own words." He wrote goobledygook, and the Calvin explained to the viewer, ":I love loopholes."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---

JUdge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

Darryl H

Jan 4, 2023, 6:31:34 AM1/4/23
Jimmy, why didn't you notice the no-caption January 3, 2023 recycled FC strip with Thel hair tweak came from January 1978 showing Billy on a skateboard sled with Thel hair tweak and was first recycled in 2010 or 2011 or 2012?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2023, 8:56:58 PM1/4/23

> Jimmy, why didn't you notice the no-caption January 3, 2023 recycled FC strip with Thel hair tweak came from January 1978 showing Billy on a skateboard sled with Thel hair tweak and was first recycled in 2010 or 2011 or 2012?

Just because I don't notice it doesn't mean I don't think it's recycled. It's just that FC strips with no dialogue are difficult to track down.

But yes Lazy Jeffy has run out of new ideas clearly.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2023, 12:10:46 AM1/5/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 26, 1989.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115821330/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 5, 2023, 12:36:12 AM1/5/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that future comic strip writer Sam Wyche had signed a five-yearextemsion on his Bengals contract. (He was fired after three.) See Aaron Pryor and "George Forman" fight on Warner Cable tonght for only $9.95. It was a mild winter so far in the area. Pete Rose said that there were no predictions for the tough National League West in 1989. (This was before he was accused of betting.) In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes he had to write about an adventure he had. Trouble was he had not had one. My lige has been one big bore from the beginning!" Calvin thgeb asked, "What abpout the time you backed the car trough the garage door!" Calvin then responded, "You call that an adventure? I didn't even get on the highway."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----
Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Brian Henke

Jan 5, 2023, 12:40:10 AM1/5/23
On Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 12:36:12 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 12:10:46 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 26, 1989.
> > The art and caption are exactly the same.
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115821330/the-cincinnati-post/
> The Post (35 cents) told us that future comic strip writer Sam Wyche had signed a five-yearextemsion on his Bengals contract. (He was fired after three.) See Aaron Pryor and "George Forman" fight on Warner Cable tonght for only $9.95. It was a mild winter so far in the area. Pete Rose said that there were no predictions for the tough National League West in 1989. (This was before he was accused of betting.) In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes he had to write about an adventure he had. Trouble was he had not had one. My lige has been one big bore from the beginning!" Calvin thgeb asked, "What abpout the time you backed the car trough the garage door!" Calvin then responded, "You call that an adventure? I didn't even get on the highway." \

Should have been "My life has been one big bore from the beginning", and "Hobbes then asked, 'what about the time you backed the car throiugh the garage door."

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2023, 5:29:13 AM1/6/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1978.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115889707/the-cincinnati-post/
Message has been deleted

Brian Henke

Jan 6, 2023, 7:08:54 AM1/6/23
the post (15 cents) told us that President Carter was hinting at going to Israel. Post TV columnist Mary Wood wrote about finding a stray dog at her house. Tonight on Channel12, an all star cast appears on a special called That Thing on ABC. The Cincinnati men's basketball team was getting ready to play Tulane in Metro Conference at New Orleans. while Xavier had defeated a college fromAnderson , Indiana the night before. In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty was practically figure skating. Marcie wanted to know how many tests were there for "sir" to.do. She said eight, and they were getting harder, and she needed encouragement from her coach-Snoopy!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

-----

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio-

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2023, 12:13:38 AM1/7/23
Before I get to Today's Recycled FC, some cleanup.

Tuesday's Recycled FC with no dialogue was originally from February 4, 1978.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115840908/the-cincinnati-post/

Now to catch things up, Today's Recycled FC was originally from January 9, 1978.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115947402/the-cincinnati-post/

7 days, 7 Recycled strips. Lazy Jeffy is batting 1.000 so far in 2023.

Brian Henke

Jan 7, 2023, 12:58:04 AM1/7/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that snow and ice had hit the city = and ir wasn't going to get better anytime soon. High temperatures tomorrow: 10 to 15 degrees. The worst was yet to come. The Stingers of the World Hockey Association lost to the Soviets 9-2 at the Riverfront Coliseum. Some of the players on the USSR team were on the team who lost the Miracle on Ice. Speaking of which, Olga Korbut got married. Get a 8-pack of Pepsi for $1.19 at UDF! Catch Superdome, about a murder plot at the Super Bowl,. tonight on Channel 12. In the Post comics, Marcie fell on the ice, and lost her glasses. Peppermint Patty explained that "they flew off when you hit the ice...I don't know where they landed..." Snoopy was weating them!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2023, 12:10:02 AM1/8/23
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to July 16, 1978. Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115994169/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 12:18:16 AM1/9/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1989 (exactly 34 years ago Today!)

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116088207/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 9, 2023, 12:40:01 AM1/9/23
On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 12:18:16 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1989 (exactly 34 years ago Today!)
> The art and caption were exactly the same.

The Post (35 cents) told us about the Bengals winning the AFC Championship, defeating Buffalo 21-10 to get the right to play Super Bowl XXIII. On TV: Live from Lincoln Center with Luciano Pavarotti, on Channel 48! CBS launched the Pat Sajak Show, but Channel 9-which aired Wheel of Fortune at the time-didn't carry it. In the Post comics, Calvin was a C-bomb. "The world gasps in horror as he steraks towad his target!", he announced. The last panel had Calvin's mother restraining him. "OH NO, YOU DON't", Mom shouted. A baseball bat was also depicted, flying out (apparently) from Calvin's hands.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Cincy...@yahoo.com

--------

- Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati yOu can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

Darryl H

Jan 9, 2023, 6:55:01 AM1/9/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 11:40:01 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 12:18:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1989 (exactly 34 years ago Today!)
> > The art and caption were exactly the same.
> The Post (35 cents) told us about the Bengals winning the AFC Championship, defeating Buffalo 21-10 to get the right to play Super Bowl XXIII. On TV: Live from Lincoln Center with Luciano Pavarotti, on Channel 48! CBS launched the Pat Sajak Show, but Channel 9-which aired Wheel of Fortune at the time-didn't carry it. In the Post comics, Calvin was a C-bomb. "The world gasps in horror as he steraks towad his target!", he announced. The last panel had Calvin's mother restraining him. "OH NO, YOU DON't", Mom shouted. A baseball bat was also depicted, flying out (apparently) from Calvin's hands.
>

> --------
> - Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati yOu can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

The January 9-14, 1989 week was also the first week of the 1989-1993 revival Pogo comic strip. For Cincinatti newspapers, I guess the Cincinnatti E and not the Cincinnatti Post carried the 1989-1993 Pogo revival strip for at least a year or two.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 5:12:54 PM1/9/23

> The January 9-14, 1989 week was also the first week of the 1989-1993 revival Pogo comic strip. For Cincinatti newspapers, I guess the Cincinnatti E and not the Cincinnatti Post carried the 1989-1993 Pogo revival strip for at least a year or two.

Yes. The new Pogo was in the E------r until September 30, 1989 when it would be replaced with "Jump Start"

Brian Henke

Jan 10, 2023, 12:50:11 AM1/10/23
On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 5:12:54 PM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The January 9-14, 1989 week was also the first week of the 1989-1993 revival Pogo comic strip. For Cincinatti newspapers, I guess the Cincinnatti E and not the Cincinnatti Post carried the 1989-1993 Pogo revival strip for at least a year or two.
> Yes. The new Pogo was in the E------r until September 30, 1989 when it would be replaced with "Jump Start"

Today's recycled FC is from January 10, 1989 (34 years ago today!), when it was in...you know.

The Post (35 cents) told us that Bengals fans were pouring money to go to Miami for Super Bowl XXIII. Johnny Bench was elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Coopersfown. Tonight, see Walt Disney's World of Ice at Riverftonr Coliseum/ The theme: "Mickey's Diamond Jubilee. The number one movie in America: "Rain Man". Remember when Best Picture Winners were box office hits? In the Post comics, Calvin asked his father to read a poem Hobbes read for his bedtime - ::"Ode to Tigers". Dad saud, ":This goes o!" Calvin then responded, "For pages. Pretty tedious, isn't it?"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

JUdge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

-------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2023, 12:08:58 AM1/11/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 21, 1989.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116219458/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 11, 2023, 5:59:08 AM1/11/23
The Post (35 cents) devoted much of its issue to the Bengals at Super Bowl XXIII, in Miami. '"It's Who-Dey, then D-Day" was the Page One headline. The game was given a special section for the "Showdown in Miami." George Herbert Walker Bush was inaugurated the 41st President of the United States the previous day. Catch a sneak preview of Lean On Me In the Post comics, Calvin and Susie were at school (even though it was Saturday). "Hey Calvin, how come you're late today? Why don't you ride the bike?" she wanted to know. Calvin retorted that he "was going to skip school, but I was caught...Mom had the wind for the final sprint." Susie then asked, "Your mom had to CHASE you?" Calvin then responded, "I couldn't believe it when she cleared the hedge."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2023, 12:29:34 AM1/12/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 27, 1988.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116285170/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 12, 2023, 12:49:41 AM1/12/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that Super Bowl XXII commericals were going for $1 million for thirty seconds. Depicted was Spuds McKenzie. Princess Diana was dancing in Australia (I bet we would have been foaming about Queen Diana now). A review of the Broadway production of the Phantom of the Opera was published (it's still running, but not much longer). Now playing: Cher in Moonstruck (she won the Oscar). The top TV show: The Cosby Show. In the Post comics, Calvin and Susie were doing a research project. When Calvin wanted to know what ehty had found out, Susie responded. "NOTHING!" Calvin then said, "Let's ger started...I'll be the management and you can be the labor, First, get some books." Then Susie yelled, "DOES ANYONE WANT TO TRADE PARTNERS?"

Cincy43235Wyahoo.com

----

- - Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2023, 5:38:57 AM1/13/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 20, 1978.

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"Who turned the dark on me?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116358075/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 13, 2023, 5:57:58 AM1/13/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that Cincinnati set a record for most snow on the ground-14.5 inches. Those brave enough to go out could go to Shillito's, where it was remnant days. Football season may have been over, but Burt Reynolds was Semi-Tough, now in theaters!
In the Post comics, Linus and Sally were walking. She told him that if "some kid comes up, and starts asking about a ruler you hold him off...while I run for it!" Linus asked, "what ihe tries to hit me?" Sally's response, "Reason with him...his stupid ruler wouldn't have been any good after we switched to metrics anyway!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2023, 12:45:24 AM1/14/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 28, 1989.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116421122/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 14, 2023, 7:22:31 AM1/14/23
The Post (35 cents) told us about a funeral for amotorcyclist who was killed during a shoot out at a bar in MOunt Carmel. It was assumed that he was killed by a rival gang. Bush 41 did his first press conference since his Presidency started a week earlier. Now in theaters: The Siege of Firebase Gloria and Cameron's Closet, both out of here quickly. Tonight at Riverfront Coliseum: WWF wrestling. Top ticket price: $11! (the tag team Demolition was depicted). Incidentally, the now WWE hosts Raw this Monday night. In the Post comics, Calvin told Susie to stand on an "X". He tried to coerce her to do it,but she told him to "get lost." Guess what he was going to do to her? He was going to throw snowballs!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Darryl H

Jan 15, 2023, 6:40:06 AM1/15/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 6:01:01 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for 2023 Family Circus recycled art strips. What years would recycled FC do in 2023?

Just beat Brian and Jimmy to this - Today's January 15, 2023 recycled Family Circus Sunday strip was originally from January 8, 1989 (The same day of the return of the Pogo comic strip that would last an over 5 year run until November 1993).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2023, 12:07:10 AM1/17/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1995.

Dolly's caption was used as a word balloon.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116641917/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 17, 2023, 5:42:16 AM1/17/23
The Post (35 cents) depicted the new Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, holding up his Contract with America. Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell was profiled. He was called a "pro football dinosaur." No one knew then that he was going to move the team to Baltimore by the end of 1995. Tonight on TV, see the premiere of the comedy Double Rush on Channel 9. Plus. you can catch a single Rush - Rush Limbaugh - late night on Channel 5. In theaters: Nell. In the Post comics, Calvin told Susie that he was "one of the greatest people who ever lived" and that people are pleased that he is great. Susie yelled, "You're not great! You're the most conceited blowhard I've ever met!" Calvin responded, "When you're great, people often mistake candor for bragging."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2023, 12:13:20 AM1/18/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 12, 1995.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116710793/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 18, 2023, 8:12:41 AM1/18/23
The Post (35 cents) depicted Judge Lance Ito (remember him?) as he looked over photos of the O.J. Simpson case. The nationally ranked UC Bearcats men's basketball team was going to Milwaukee to play Marquette in the Great Midwest Conference. The number one song in America: On Bended Knee, by Boyz II Men. In the Post comics, Calvin had built a bunch of snowmen, and was going to throw a little one down the house. Calvin said: "And so, with nothing left to live for, he obeys the chanted command from the distant crowd below."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

0000

Brian Henke

Jan 19, 2023, 3:43:01 AM1/19/23
Today's installment of recycled FC is from January 16, 1989 when it was in...you know.

The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us about the Bengals preparing for Super Bowl XXIII. 25,000 coneys! "Sensory overload" as TV aired game specials and Channels 5, 9 and 12 had crews in Miami. Now in theaters: The January Man. In the Post comics, Spaceman Spiff spotted an alien. It turned out that Calvin was being told by his mother," What are you doing in bed still? Get ready for school!" Then Spiff appeared to say about the alien, "Definitely hostile."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2023, 12:36:30 AM1/20/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 14, 1978.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116848763/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 20, 2023, 12:57:16 AM1/20/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that former VIce President Hubert Humphrey had died, at age 66. At the theaters was Saturday Night Fever, which the Post said was PG rated (it was R - it was later a PG movie, with all the F-words taken out). I n the sports pages, the Post had reporters in New Orleans covering Super Bowl XII. In the Post comics, Sally went to school - but it was Saturday. She talked to its walls, wondering of it liked Saturday. The wall responded, "this is the day when the custodians wax my walls...I hate that...they don't even use Novocain (sic)." It didn't hit freezing, twelve days before the Blizzard of '78.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Brian Henke

Jan 21, 2023, 5:52:23 AM1/21/23
Today;s FC used art from January 21, 1978 (45 years ago today!), when it was in...you know.

Thel's hair was tweaked.

The original caption:
Dolly:
"Why didn't Cinderella join Women's Lib?"

The Post (15 cents) announced that heavy snow might not hit the Tristate. Five days later, the Blizzard of '78 hit. Governor James Rhodes declared 15 counties disaster areas. See Emerson, Lake and Palmer perform six days from now at Riverfront Coliseum (reserved seats: $7.50!) The Cincinnati Stingers of the World Hockey Association lost 8-2 to the Quebec Nordiques, and were headed to Houston to play the Aeros. In the Post comics, Charlie Brown got a phone call from a kid who wanted his ruler. He asked Sally, "Shall I tell him a truck ran over it?" She replied, "Ask him if he'll settle for three four-inch ones."

Cincy43235!yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2023, 12:16:47 AM1/22/23
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to October 1, 1978.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/116957608/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2023, 12:41:49 AM1/23/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 16, 1978.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117064173/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 23, 2023, 12:51:29 AM1/23/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that the Tristate was hit with snow. There was more to come. The Post covered the Dallas Cowboys defeating the Denver Broncos to win Super Bowl XII. It was described as "dull". Those snowbound could watch from 6-11 pm on Channel 19 this lineup: My Three Sons, Carol Burnett and Friends, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Brady Bunch, a Lou Rawls variety special, Merv Griffin and the Cross-Wits. Win $500 in the Post Social Security Sweepstakes! In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty fell asleep in class. She dreamed that she had won a scholarship to Vassar. When she got up, she said, "Well, back to reality!"

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 12:19:11 AM1/24/23
Well once again Lazy Jeffy has ran an FC that has been twice recycled and the funny part of all of this is this is actually the first time Jeffy has used the gag.

It started on November 11, 1976 in which Jeffy sobs "I hurt the knee of my finger!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117134795/the-cincinnati-post/

Then on January 19, 1989, Bil Keane (maybe having a senior moment?) used the same gag but with Jeffy facing the opposite direction.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117134850/the-cincinnati-post/

So yes there is proof that Bil Keane has recycled at least one gag long before Lazy Jeffy made it a routine (and for all intents and purposes, it was the 1989 strip that was reused for Today's Recycled FC).

The Tampa Bay Times got rid of Fox Trot but kept this?!?!?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2023, 12:44:29 AM1/25/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 20, 1995.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117203719/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 25, 2023, 7:18:52 AM1/25/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that Lazarus was ,closing down its headquarters here. It's a two-day sale at Swallen's (which would be out of business by the end of the year). Catch a sneak preview of the movie Boys on the Side tomorrow. One of my high school classmates, Bobby Tessel, was scheduled to be on Letterman! In the Post comics, Calvin was making a snowball. He was acting very Grinch-like - then he stopped. He then commented, "Obviously I've tapped into some primeval well of the human psyche."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

Darryl H

Jan 25, 2023, 8:11:09 AM1/25/23
And the TV was changed frpm 1990's style to flatscreen.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2023, 12:46:49 AM1/26/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 19, 1967.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117275515/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 26, 2023, 4:47:00 AM1/26/23
The Post and Times-Star (10 cents) announced that the UNiversity of Cincinnati regents wanted $22.7 million in needs for improvement Tonight on Channel 5, watch Dragnet (once a Post comic strip) followed by the Dean Martin Show. Dino's guests: Kate Smith, Rowan and Martin and Shirley Bassey. Play TIgerino to win prizes at your Humble gas station. The Cincinnati Royals lost to the Boston Celtics at the Gardens despite Oscar Robertson's 36 points. In the Post and Times-Star comics, Linus and Lucy were playing tic tac toe. Lucy drew an X, and it was up to Linus, "You don't mess iy up...try to be neat!
Linus drew his O in what looked to be Old English.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

Darryl H

Jan 26, 2023, 6:27:58 AM1/26/23
First time this year there was recycled late 1960's - 1967, of course.

I even noticed Cincinnati - home to the Post/Times-Star and E newspapers - is the home of Kahn's Old Fashioned Hot Dogs.

Darryl H

Jan 26, 2023, 6:31:40 AM1/26/23
On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 5:27:58 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 11:46:49 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 19, 1967.
> > Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117275515/the-cincinnati-post/
> First time this year there was recycled late 1960's - 1967, of course.
>
> I even noticed Cincinnati - home to the Post/Times-Star and E newspapers - is the home of Kahn's Old Fashioned Hot Dogs.

Speaking of Kahn's hot dogs - remember this jingle from Kahn's TV commercials of circa 1989 sung to the tune of Three Dog Night's "An Old Fashioned Love Song"?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJtuSpdTmU

Brian Henke

Jan 27, 2023, 5:15:03 AM1/27/23
Today's recycled FC is from January 19, 1978 when it was in..you know.

The Post (15 cents) told us that two snowstorms were targeting the Tri-State. Those venturing could go see Pat O'Brien (an actor, not the broadcaster)o star in The Second Time Around at Beef n Boards Dinner Theater. (My parents did.) On TV, Channel 9 ran a new series called Dr. Kincaid's Casebook (never heard of it), and then all the networks carried President Carter's State of the Union address. Eddie Mathews was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, In the Post comics, In the Post comics, Charlie Brown answered a phone call intended for Sally., who borrowed the caller's ruler and then broke it. Sally responded, "It wasn't my fault...I was measuring the street and a truck ran over it!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 12:07:52 AM1/28/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 3, 1989

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117412731/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 28, 2023, 7:47:45 AM1/28/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that the Tristate area was likely to escape from the worst of winter. Tonight at 12:30 an, Channel 9 premiered the Arsenio Hall Show. Fly to Florida for as low as $144 on Braniff . Believe It! Notre Damw won the college football championship, defeating West Virginia 34-21 in the Fiesta Bowl. Xavier men's basketball defeated Prairie View 87-71 at the Gardens. In the Post comics, Calvin and Hobbes were all covered with snow after Calvin steered them down. "I get to steer the sled" the next time, according to Hobbes. "YOU! You steer like an old lady," Calvin yelled. Hobbes then said, "Yeah, well, I'm going over and through every obstacle on the hill." Calvin responded with, "We missed the briar pitch, didn't we?" Hobbes replied, "By going down the gully and into the stream, yes?" Calvin then told Hobbes, "Oh, you make everything sound terrible. You should be glad we're alive."

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2023, 12:12:38 AM1/29/23
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 5, 1989.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117446911/the-tampa-tribune/

Darryl H

Jan 29, 2023, 7:24:23 AM1/29/23
On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 11:12:38 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 5, 1989.
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117446911/the-tampa-tribune/

At least it even had the "Here's What Really Happened" by Billy kept in.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2023, 12:13:28 AM1/30/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 17, 1978.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117560287/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Jan 30, 2023, 5:36:00 AM1/30/23
0000

The Post (15 cents) told us that a coal shortage was not going to cause a national emergency. CG&E told us that "We need everyone's help! Cut back on your electricity!". In sports, Bob Howsam - the architect of the Big Red Machine - announced he was stepping down as Reds GM. On Channel 9 tonight at 7:30 - In Search Of..., starring Leonard Nimoy. In the Post comics, Snoopy was sleeping in a rainstorm. "Good grief! I'm drowning! Where are all my friends?" They did show up - a bunch of Woodstocks, all with umbrellas.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Nasme three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Cincinnati and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2023, 12:12:35 AM1/31/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 8, 1978.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117632711/the-cincinnati-post/

Through one month in 2023, FC strips have been 100% recycled by Lazy Jeffy.

Brian Henke

Jan 31, 2023, 5:26:06 AM1/31/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that the death toll of a blizzard that struck New England was now at 60. Tonight, the TV-movie Ruby and Oswald airs on Channel 9. The Cincinnati Stingers were in Edmonton to play the Oilers. Xavier men's basketball was going to play Wheeling College, which is not on their schedule anymore. Get a 375 count of Bufferin for only $3.69 at Gold Circle! (Whatever happened to Bufferin?) In the Post comics, Snoopy was leading a bunch of Woodstocks on a hike. He was going to teach them a lesson in survival. "What do we do about food?" he declared, and one of the Woodstocks responded. Snoopy's response: "Shoot a moose?"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2023, 12:40:09 AM2/1/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 1, 1989 (exactly 34 years ago Today!)

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117706183/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 1, 2023, 2:34:25 PM2/1/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that the temperature would hit a record high of 68degrees. It would fall back to normal for February. The US population was going to peak in 2038 at 302 million. That would not come true. Tonight, Cincinnati and Xavier play their Crosstown Shootout - and Channel 19 has the game. Get a full page of coupons from Bonanza Steakhouse! In the Post comics, Susie refused Calvin's advances at lunchtime. "I don't want to know what revolting thing you have for lunch today," she responded. Calvin then said that he "sure felt sorry for my tapeworm", and then Susie yelled, "MISS WORMWOOD!" Calvin then responded, "Hey! Did I SAY what my lunch is? DID I?"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2023, 12:43:43 AM2/2/23
Well, once again Lazy Jeffy has resorted to using a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of the gag ran exactly 45 years ago (February 2, 1978):

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117777500/the-cincinnati-post/

Then the strip ran for a second time on February 2, 2016 with Billy having the caption:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117777674/tampa-bay-times/

I'm still baffled as to why the Tampa Bay Times dropped Fox Trot from their Sunday paper but kept FC.

Brian Henke

Feb 2, 2023, 6:19:19 AM2/2/23
As for February 2, 1978, the Post (15 cents) told us about an ice jam at the Markland Dam. A fear that two open gates would drain the pool above the dam emerged. The high temperature was 23 degrees (5 degrees Celsius). See a sneak preview of the movie Coma tomorrow night at the Showcase Cinemas. The Cincinnati Stingers defeated the Indianapolis Racers 8-0 in World Hockey Association action. Mary Wood interviewed Donna Sontag, a local actress with a role in the NBC miniseries adaptation of Black Beauty. In the Post comics, it was raining. "It looks like a good day," Lucy said. Linus then asked, "What do you mean a good day?" Linus then told her, "It's raining...it's windy...it's cold!" Lucy then responded: "It's a good day to be crabby!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, ONe Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2023, 5:14:55 AM2/3/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 17, 1989.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117852646/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 3, 2023, 11:39:44 AM2/3/23
The Post (35 cents) told us how Muslims here were offended by Salman Rushdie's the Satanic Verses. Opening in theaters this weekend: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. The number one song in the country: Straight Up, by Paula Abdul. Get a Beef n Cheddar sandwich for 99 cents at Arby's! The Post reported that author Roger Kahn was about to finish his book on Pete Rose by going to the Reds' training camp in Florida. In the Post comics, Calvin asked Rosalyn where she was. "GOTCHA!" she yelled as she pounced. "OH NO!" he yelled. Calvin explained that he hadn't really flushed her notes. Then, in his bed, Calvin said "Phooey!" and Hobbes responded that "Well, it's 700. We got to stay up a half hour later than usual."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

- Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cinicnnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

:

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2023, 1:05:27 AM2/4/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 24, 1989.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117918905/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 4, 2023, 1:28:51 PM2/4/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that Japan's Emperor Hirohito was buried. Bush 41 was there and the Post had this: "BUSH IN ASIA". The new number one song in America: "Lost in Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson. See Iran Barkley defend the WBC middleweight title against Roberto Duran tonight on Time Warner Cable for only $14.95. In the Post comics, Calvin and Hobbes were on opposite sides in what apparently was a snowball battle. Calvin said, "I think our snow forts are too far apart."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2023, 7:17:36 AM2/5/23
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 19, 1995:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117963481/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 6, 2023, 6:15:43 AM2/6/23
On Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 7:17:36 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 19, 1995:
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/117963481/the-tampa-tribune/\

Today's FC takes us to February 2, 1995, when it was in...you know.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same as it was during the Slick administration.

The Post (35 cents) told us about a devastating flood which swept through parts of Europe. People Plus looked at how Sonny Bono was being reinvented.. Tonight on TNT: Citizen Kane. Opening tomorrow: The Jerky Boys Movie. In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes that if the groundhog saw his shadow today, we would have six more weeks of winter. Apparently, he had a light being set up in the snow. He told Hobbes, "So yell if you see one."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2023, 12:48:02 AM2/8/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 3, 1995.

The caption was originally...

Dolly:
I wanna be a girl scout and help bake all those cookies.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118204232/the-cincinnati-post/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2023, 12:35:41 AM2/9/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 3, 1995.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118270840/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 9, 2023, 6:03:43 AM2/9/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that the 1995 Major League Baseball season would open with replacement plauers. A group of replacement players lost in Plant City, Florida in the first game played by the Reds since August. Meanwhile, Bob Huggins and the Cincinnati men's basketball team lost to Memphis 83-73 in Great Midwest Conference action. See a wide bunch of movies in theaters, like Forrest Gump. the Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction and something called The Mangler. In the Post comics, Calvin was showing Hobbes his new invention - a writer's block. "You put it on top of your desk and then you can't write any more!" Hobbes left, causing Calvin to remark, "I must be years ahead of my time."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2023, 12:39:42 AM2/10/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 9, 1978.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118338402/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 10, 2023, 4:53:23 AM2/10/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that due to a coal strike by CG&E workers, the city could "fold up". RCA was introducing the Selectavision "video tape recorder." The Cincinnati Stingers of the World Hockey Association drew 6-6 in Edmonton. In the Post comics, Snoopy was teaching survival methods to a bunch of Woodstocks. He told them if they needed to eat, they would have tennis balls. Why? The original Snoop Dogg told them that he "thought it was a tall can of soup."

Once again, lazy Jeffy used a gag that was used when he man who wrote Dear Basketball - and won an Academy Award for it-wasn't even born.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name there things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2023, 12:56:05 AM2/11/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 23, 1978.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118403659/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 11, 2023, 8:30:11 AM2/11/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that a coal strike was raising electric bills. On Channel 9, new animated specials - What A Nightmare, Charlie Brown and a Connecticut Rabbit in.King Arthur's Court, followed by the Grammy Awards hosted by John Denver. Listen to the winners on a new tape audio stereo system, on sale for $199 at Radio Shack. In the Post comics, Woodstock was holding A balloon. He went upside down, still holding it. Snoopy Commented from.atop his doghouse, "Woodstock Isn't much for doing things right."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2023, 12:38:38 AM2/12/23
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to November 12, 1989

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118446993/the-tampa-tribune/

Darryl H

Feb 12, 2023, 7:31:16 AM2/12/23
On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 11:38:38 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to November 12, 1989
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118446993/the-tampa-tribune/

And the TV set changed in the recycled art.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2023, 12:39:08 AM2/13/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 23, 1989.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118539780/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 13, 2023, 1:02:52 AM2/13/23
The Poits (35 cents) told us that Bush 41 was in Japan for Hirohito's funeral. It was the subject of tonight's episode of 48 Hours on Channel 9. The TV section ran a story about how Moonlighting had become a supernova that shone brightly but burned out quickly. The Grammy Awards were held the previous night, and Bobby McFerrin won the record and song of the year for "Don't Worry, Be Happy". Jethro Tull won the first Grammy for Best Heavy Metal Performance (a decade later, that was the first million dollar question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire). In sports, UC men's basketball defeated Brooklyn College 86-72. Only 1,810 people (paying $6) went to see a bunch of substitute Bearcats defeat the worst team in the USA TOday computer ratings. In the Post comics, Calvin's parents were looking at snowmen. Then they saw a two-head one, and Dad said, "You can always tell when you get to our house."

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2023, 12:40:06 AM2/14/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 14, 1995 (exactly 28 years ago Today!)

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118604435/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 14, 2023, 6:47:07 AM2/14/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that employers had cut health costs in 1994. The Academy Awards nominations were announced. Forrest Gump led the way with thirteen nominations, eventually winning six. The sports section speculated that still on strike MLB players might cross the picket line like what the NFL players did in 1987. Catch the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue special tonight on Channel 5! In the Post comics, Calvin said that Hobbes had told him that animals have specific smells. When Calvin asked what he smelled like, Hobbes responded "Terrible!" Then Calvin chased Hobbes.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2023, 5:12:23 AM2/15/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 22, 1989.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118670599/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 15, 2023, 6:15:35 AM2/15/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that Pete Rose had a meeting with MLB officials about his betting on baseball games. It mentioned that Rose had won at the Turfway Park racetrack. Drug Emporium was opening a stroke in Ft Thomas, Kentucky, where you can win tickets to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus at Riverfront Coliseum. Or win a trip for four to.the Reds' Spring Teaining. I already mentioned two of the winners, but catch the Grammy Awards tonight on Channel 9. In the Post comics, Calvin and Hobbes were wa!king through the snow. Calvin wondered why snow was NOT dry. He then said that there would be no snowballs if that was the case. He then wished it would snow in the summer, but then quickly changed his mind. He then said, "Heck, it's OK just the way it is." Hobbes then responded, "We're glad you approve."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2023, 12:36:42 AM2/16/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 16, 1995 (exactly 28 years ago Today!)

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118732656/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 16, 2023, 4:07:26 AM2/16/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that there were 2,000 teen births a year in the Cincinnati area. Slick, Bush 41 and Gerald Ford were golfing at the Bob Hope Classic. The number one album in the country: The Hits, by Garth Brooks, the number one movie: Billy Madison. Tonight on Channel 19: Cincinnati men's basketball team takes on the Morehead State Eagles at the Shoe. In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes that most people don't know what it's like to be a child progidy, and he was awriting his autobiography. Hobbes thean asked, "Does your magnanimity know no bounds?" Calvin then replied, "Genius has its obligations." Then he explained to Hobbes, "Hey, how do you spell 'boogers'?"
\

Cincy...@yahoo.com

0000

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2023, 12:49:10 AM2/17/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 6, 1989.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118822406/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 17, 2023, 3:51:03 AM2/17/23
The Post (35 cents) told us that the buzzword for the 1990s was going to be "quality" to beat the Japanese in making consumer goods. Speaking of which, McAlpin's was going to have a Made In the U.S.A. promotion - and you can meet Miss America, Gretchen Carlson. She was a TV reporter here. On TV tonight: Part Two of Lonesome Dove. In the Post comics, Calvin saw his mother getting ready to go out. He deduced that Rosalyn the babysitter was coming. "Brilliant, Holmes!" Mom exclaimed. Calvin then cried, " AAAHHHHH!"

Cincy43235@ yahoo.com

-----:

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2023, 12:36:47 AM2/18/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 28, 1978.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/118940875/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 18, 2023, 5:19:37 AM2/18/23
The Post (15 cents) told us that the First National Bank was the first tenant of a new complex downtown. See the premiere of the Chuck Barris Rah Rah Show tonight on Channel 5, with the Spinners, George Carlin, Yvonne Elliman, Victor Borge and England Dan and John Ford Coley. In sports, Sugar Ray Leonard and Aaron Pryor fight tomorrow night in Dayton. In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty was writing "I will not fall asleep in class." As she was writing, she fell...asleep.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2023, 12:52:36 AM2/19/23
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 8, 1995. Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/119005136/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2023, 12:37:43 AM2/20/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 20, 1989 (exactly 34 years ago Today!)

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/119210345/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 20, 2023, 5:21:47 AM2/20/23
The Post (35 cents) published a photo of Pete Rose hitting a baseball on Page 1. Six months later, he would be banned by MLB for gambling. Channel 19: Elvis Presley: Aloha from Hawaii. "From all indications,.this is not a live concert". The Post's Greg Paeth wrote. Darrell Waltrip won the Daytona 500. Dale Earnhardt was third. In the Post comics, Calvin and Hobbes were about to go sledding. "Searching for that ultimate adrenalin rush, we prepare to hurl ourselves over the brink. What fate awaits us?" he asked. When Calvin wanted to know if Hobbes was ready, he responded "No." "Life and death hang in the balance! A fraction of a second and one wrong turn are all that separate them!" Hobbes replied, "This isn't helping."

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2023, 12:36:53 AM2/21/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 25, 1967.

The artwork is different. The caption is nearly similar.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/119365673/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 21, 2023, 7:03:33 AM2/21/23
On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:36:53 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 25, 1967.
>
> The artwork is different. The caption is nearly similar.

The Post and Times-Star (10 cents) told us that the Boston Strangler had escaped from prison, thanks to help from his brothers. Boston police announced a $15,000 award for his capture. After the Lawrence Welk Show, watch the Beatles (on film) perform Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane on the Hollywood Palace. In sports, the Cincinnati Royals defeated the San Francisco Warriors 137-122 in Frisco as the Big O scored 37. Rookie Bob Love scored 23 on his way to a decade-long NBA career. They were to play again at 11:30 Cincinnati time tonight, and then play the Lakers in LA Sunday. In the Post and Times-Star comics, Fearless Fosdick announced that he had had blown up all the radio stations in town, because they were "possible sources of the music those teenagers are dancing to." The police chief said they were still dancing.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comic you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2023, 12:41:05 AM2/22/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 22, 1995 (exactly 28 years ago Today!)

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/119438442/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 22, 2023, 2:55:48 AM2/22/23
The Post (35 cents) showed us a photo of the production of Cats, now playing at the Taft Theater. The jury at the OJ Simpson murder trial was told that Nicole was killed first. Citibank sued Donald Trump over embezzlement claims at his Taj Mahal casino. Bogart's was going to welcome Carly Simon for a concert appearance March 22. Now showing: Sean Connery, in the R-rated movie Just Cause. On Channel 64 tonight: Arkansas and LSU in SEC men's college basketball. In the Post comics, Calvin said "I love homework. Homework makes me happy. I don't want to go outside. I want to do math problems." Then-BLEHH! Calvin then said, "My brain always rejects attitude transplants."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Judge Pasrker, one Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2023, 12:38:40 AM2/23/23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 14, 1995.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/119511259/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 23, 2023, 6:10:30 AM2/23/23
The Post (35 cents) asked this question on Page One: "Time to fix City Hall?" The UPN Network was making its debut on Channel 64 with the premiere of Star Trek: Voyager. It's Customer Appreciation sale time at Swallen's (which went out of business later in 1995). The sports section previewed the conference championship games: the San Diego Chargers at the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys at the San Francisco 49ers. In the Post comics, Calvin and Hobbes were on a sled. Calvin said that when he grows up, he wanted to be a scientist. "I'll dedicate my career to the proposition that man can reshape the universe according to his own whims." He wanted to be a geneticf engineer. Hobbes then wanted to know, "You want to play God?" Calvin responded, "Not exactly . God never bothered to patent His stuff." They were out of the sled and hurtling into the snow.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
It is loading more messages.