Family Circus recycling - 2020 thread

D Heine

Dec 31, 2019, 6:59:14 AM12/31/19
This is a placeholder for a thread regarding from Brian and Jimmy recycled art used in the Jeff Keane Family Circus daily/Sunday strips during the year 2020 - with mentions of changes in the recycled art like Thel hair tweaks if possible.

D Heine

Jan 1, 2020, 10:38:08 PM1/1/20
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 5:59:14 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> This is a placeholder for a thread regarding from Brian and Jimmy recycled art used in the Jeff Keane Family Circus daily/Sunday strips during the year 2020 - with mentions of changes in the recycled art like Thel hair tweaks if possible.

Brian/Jimmy: Please use this FC thread in 2020.

Jimmy Delach

Jan 2, 2020, 12:42:15 AM1/2/20
I can use it now because the 1/2/2020 strip has been recycled at least once.

Anyway, the second Recycled FC of 2020 takes us back to November 10, 1988 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption is almost similar except Jeffy says "spigot" instead of "faucet" in the original.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/41513845/the_tampa_tribune/

Jimmy Delach

Jan 3, 2020, 12:56:49 AM1/3/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to December 2, 1985 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

The original caption was...

Dolly:
"It must be a bedtime story."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/41579995/the_tampa_tribune/

Jimmy Delach

Jan 6, 2020, 6:52:56 AM1/6/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1993 when it was in the CIncinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked as always. The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Now you be a good girl for Grandma while Mommy goes to school"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/41789131/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Jan 6, 2020, 1:01:47 PM1/6/20
Since the Family Circus newspaper comic strip turns 60 this year, I wonder how the strip will celebrate this milestone in recycled art or past art (In 2010 to celebrate the Family Circus 50th. the entire first week from Feb. 29 - March 5, 1960 was rerun).

Jimmy Delach

Jan 7, 2020, 12:26:26 AM1/7/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1983 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Shreveport Journal, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

The caption was nearly similar except Billy says "shark" instead of "dragon" in the original.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/41840615/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 7, 2020, 1:08:41 PM1/7/20
The Post (newsstand price 25 cents) had a story how economists thought the recession would end within two or three years. Susan St. James' new baby, Charlie, was seen with his parents. Years later, he would direct the ESPN 30 for 30 on the original XFL. The Post said that the Bengals (third seeded) were 4-point Las Vegas favorites against the New York Football Jets in the expanded playoffs (due to the NFL strike). They lost that game. Ooh, a Radio Shack TRS-80 color computer was on sale for $848.95.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Jimmy Delach

Jan 8, 2020, 12:10:50 AM1/8/20
Today's edition of Recycled FC takes us back to January 5, 1983.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The original caption was...

Dolly:
"It's pasghetti. You have to boil it to get it to relax."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/41898349/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 8, 2020, 1:25:10 PM1/8/20
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) said that the '82 Bengals were better than the team that went to Super Bowl XVI the previous year. The Post would have special playoff pages in the Saturday edition. (As I said yesterday, the New York Jets beat them the following Sunday.) Burt Reynolds was named 1982's top box office draw (several years later, he was making direct to video movies.)

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Jimmy Delach

Jan 9, 2020, 12:13:03 AM1/9/20
re: Burt Reynolds. He also did "Cop And A Half" which I remember was in theaters.

Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back this time to January 4, 1982 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Shreveport Journal, Tampa Times and Youngstown Vindicator.

The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Mommy wants her card table this instant!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/41957060/the_tampa_times/

D Heine

Jan 9, 2020, 6:51:32 AM1/9/20
Burt Reynolds also did the voice of a dog named Charlie in "All Dogs Go to Heaven" - a 1989 animated Don Bluth movie.

As for the recent FC recycled art, looks like Jeff Keane has been going all early January so far this week.

Jimmy Delach

Jan 10, 2020, 1:19:47 AM1/10/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us to January 7, 1982.

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"There's a light in there so the cookies can see."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42015778/the_tampa_times/

Brian Henke

Jan 10, 2020, 10:45:27 AM1/10/20
The Post (25 cents) said that "mellow" San Diego fans were fired up for the Chargers being in the AFC Championship game Sunday at Riverfront Stadium. It was written by former Post writer Barry Horstman. (Seven years later, I learned about another Cincinnati writer in San Diego.) The Rolling Stones were going to play in India for a benefit concert for Mother Teresa. The Post was running a story about John Belushi and Dan Akyroyd's movie Neighbors. Everyone needs good neighbors, but two months later Belushi would be found dead. The high temperature was only going to make it to 25 degrees, but no one knew that three days later...

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Gig Happy, comics you can read

D Heine

Jan 12, 2020, 8:11:12 AM1/12/20
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 5:59:14 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> This is a placeholder for a thread regarding from Brian and Jimmy recycled art used in the Jeff Keane Family Circus daily/Sunday strips during the year 2020 - with mentions of changes in the recycled art like Thel hair tweaks if possible.

I am beating Brian and Jimmy to this: Today's Sunday, January 12, 2020 Family Circus Sunday strip contains recycled art from a 1977 or 1978 FC Sunday strip with Thel hair tweak. (This Sunday strip is where Thel Keane notices in a cookbook someone has torn the pages and it was P.J. but with anger faces and thunder thought clouds until she notices P.J. taking a nap and she loses her anger and thunder thought cloud and kisses P.J. - that's better than a spanking or something like that).

Jimmy Delach

Jan 12, 2020, 8:01:18 PM1/12/20
It's from January 7, 1979:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42187281/the_tampa_tribune/

And to clarify a previous Sunday strip (it should be in the 2019 thread but), the FC strip from September 22, 2018 was from February 22, 1987.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42172133/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Jan 13, 2020, 7:28:47 AM1/13/20
I think you mean September 22, 2019 for the recycled art from the Feb. 22, 1987 FC Sunday comic strip.

D Heine

Jan 15, 2020, 6:57:37 AM1/15/20
I guess there hasn't been any recycled daily Family Circus art the last few days...

Jimmy Delach

Jan 17, 2020, 12:16:07 AM1/17/20
It's been a while but we finally have confirm of Recycled FC as Today's (1/17/2020) was recycled from November 12, 1990 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42442830/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Jan 17, 2020, 7:51:30 AM1/17/20
In a 1974 FC strip there was a similar line but related to cookies and not friends (Billy said as he was talking to Thel Keane: "Daddy said I can have some cookies, how many is some?")

Brian Henke

Jan 17, 2020, 12:09:05 PM1/17/20
The Post (35 cents) had a Gridiron Goldmine contest. Win a trip to the SUper Bowl! Swallen's was hosting a Big EE event with Reds first baseman Todd Benzinger where you could buy, among other things, a Packard Bell 386X computer for $1,597!!! A guy named Jack Hoffman had a letter in the Post saying that he saw a TV commercial for Community Mutual that Trump would be, one day, the only American to afford health insurance. SAD!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Brian Henke

Jan 22, 2020, 11:57:54 AM1/22/20
Today's FC had a similar premise from February 11, 1982. Dolly said then (this time to Billy):

"Is he going to do the dishes?"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Jimmy Delach

Jan 22, 2020, 5:50:00 PM1/22/20
And also, they're watching on an HDTV in the recycled strip.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42806805/the_tampa_times/

Jimmy Delach

Jan 23, 2020, 12:07:51 AM1/23/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to November 29, 1989 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

The art is similar and the quote nearly similar except Dolly doesn't say "Wait a minute." in the original.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42829356/the_tampa_tribune/

Jimmy Delach

Jan 24, 2020, 7:05:29 AM1/24/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 29, 1986 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the very same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42898528/the_tampa_tribune/

Jimmy Delach

Jan 25, 2020, 12:17:13 AM1/25/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 5, 1978 when it was in the Charlotte News, Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Indianapolis News, Philadelphia Bulletin, Pittsburgh Press, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Washington Star and Youngstown Vindicator.

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"Dolly's kissin' Kittycat on the mouth! Will that hurt Kittycat?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/42956051/the_pittsburgh_press/

Brian Henke

Jan 25, 2020, 8:31:25 AM1/25/20
The Post (15 cents) was reporting on a construction boom in the area which included new buildings for Federated Department Stores, Chessie System and Central Hardware. Three weeks before the Blizzard of '78, it was over 40 degrees. The Bearcats beat Tulane in the Superdome before only 2,496 fans.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Jimmy Delach

Jan 26, 2020, 12:41:29 AM1/26/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1994.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43022527/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Jan 26, 2020, 7:28:35 AM1/26/20
On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 11:41:29 PM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1994.
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43022527/the_tampa_tribune/

And for the first time in a long while, the strip is "Jeff and Bil Keane" signed instead of "Bil and Jeff Keane" signed.

D Heine

Jan 26, 2020, 7:29:19 AM1/26/20
January 29, 1986 - The day after the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.

Jimmy Delach

Jan 28, 2020, 12:07:59 AM1/28/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 24, 1985 when it was in the Charlotte News, Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Miami News, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Your fishy KNOWS me, Grandma! He's waggin' his tail!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43151882/the_tampa_tribune/

Jimmy Delach

Jan 29, 2020, 12:06:50 AM1/29/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 9, 1994 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43213193/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 29, 2020, 1:30:21 PM1/29/20
The Post (35 cents) reported that freezing rain was hitting Cincinnati, and was still coming down. Yuk! Also, the big story of the time was the Nancy Kerrigan-Tonya Harding scandal which drew big TV ratings. Kerrigan, the Post said, was going to host Saturday Night Live the following month. (It was a terrible show.)

Cincy...@yahoo.com

D Heine

Feb 3, 2020, 7:04:27 AM2/3/20
While we are waiting for the next recycled FC art, yesterday's Feb. 2, 2020 was the annual Billy filling in for Daddy Sunday Family Circus strip - on the day of Super Bowl 54.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 5, 2020, 12:10:24 AM2/5/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 30, 1980 when it was in the Charlotte News, Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Indianapolis News, Philadelphia Bulletin, Pittsburgh Press, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Tampa Times, Washington Star and Youngstown Vindicator.

The original caption was...

Billy:
"I can speak Spanish now, Daddy. Buenos Dias! I think that means 'yes' or 'thank you' or something."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43646259/the_tampa_times/

Jimmy Delach

Feb 6, 2020, 7:25:47 AM2/6/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 18, 1977 when it was in the Charlotte News, Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Indianapolis News, Philadelphia Bulletin, Pittsburgh Press, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Washington Star and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43712389/the_pittsburgh_press/

Jimmy Delach

Feb 7, 2020, 12:05:03 AM2/7/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 13, 1980.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Daddy, why don't you take the other half of your doughnut for recess?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43765716/the_tampa_times/

Brian Henke

Feb 7, 2020, 7:26:21 AM2/7/20
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) announced that a new sports column called The Column would run every day but Tuesday. It was the opening ceremonies of the Lake Placid Olympics, and ABC aired it live in the afternoon and again in primetime. The night before, the US hockey team tied Sweden 2-2 in the opening game - ten nights before The Miracle on Ice. Starting in theaters: Saturn 3, starring Kirk Douglas. It was Carla's 12th birthday.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

D Heine

Feb 7, 2020, 7:39:02 AM2/7/20
1977-1980 recycled FC art the last few days...

Jimmy Delach

Feb 8, 2020, 1:08:10 AM2/8/20

> 1977-1980 recycled FC art the last few days...

And it continues as Today's installment of Recycled FC is from February 16, 1980.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly same.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 10, 2020, 6:55:20 AM2/10/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 21, 1989 (my ninth birthday) when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked as usual. The caption originally was...

Dolly:
"Roast beef! My middle toes are gonna be happy!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43969326/the_tampa_tribune/

And here's the original FC from Saturday I didn't post.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43829678/the_tampa_times/

Jimmy Delach

Feb 11, 2020, 12:24:26 AM2/11/20
And Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to - THE EXACT DATE OF MY BIRTH (otherwise known as February 21, 1980).

Jeffy, I turn 40 in 10 days. I don't need to be reminded.

Anyway, the original caption was...

Billy:
"This car has 10,000 miles on it. It was made in Hong Kong."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44026552/the_tampa_times/

D Heine

Feb 11, 2020, 7:19:25 AM2/11/20
Despite the CORONOVIRUS scare in China/Hong Kong...

D Heine

Feb 11, 2020, 7:20:49 AM2/11/20
Notice at the time the Tampa Tribune was carrying for a few months the 1989 Pogo comic strip revival.

Brian Henke

Feb 11, 2020, 12:24:53 PM2/11/20
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) announced the death of Alice Roosevelt Longworth, the daughter of Theodore Roosevelt who married Cincinnatian Nicholas Longworth in the White House in 1906. The Lake Placid Winter Olympics were going on, and speed skater Eric Heiden won his fourth gold medal (later five). A headline in the sports section said that the US was going to take on the Soviets in hockey the following day (you all know what happened).

Jimmy Delach

Feb 12, 2020, 12:20:43 AM2/12/20
This installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 19, 1990 (two days before my 10th birthday).

The original caption was...

Thel (whose hair was tweaked):
"This is the first sitting. You have the second."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44087913/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Feb 13, 2020, 7:43:40 AM2/13/20
I am beating Brian and Jimmy to this, but I notice today's Feb. 13, 2020 Family Circus comic strip contains recycled art and caption from a 1976 or 1977 or 1978 FC strip regarding Thel Keane (with hair tweak) reading Jack and the Beanstalk.

I wonder if tomorrow's FC strip will feature recycled art for Valentine's Day...

Jimmy Delach

Feb 13, 2020, 8:30:18 AM2/13/20
It was from February 19, 1976.

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"Daddy does that 'Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum' part better."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44156243/the_pittsburgh_press/

Brian Henke

Feb 13, 2020, 1:08:39 PM2/13/20
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) reported that Johnny Bench was going to make $200,000 for the Reds that year. He was the first Red to do so. In contrast, the Reds signed a player for four years, $64 million this year. Also, they had a sewing section. Sewing?

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Jimmy Delach

Feb 14, 2020, 6:45:16 AM2/14/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 14, 1987 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The captions were the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44230466/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 14, 2020, 12:55:41 PM2/14/20
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 7:20:49 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 5:55:20 AM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 21, 1989 (my ninth birthday) when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Clearwater Sun, Indianapolis News, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Youngstown Vindicator.
> >
> > Thel's hair was tweaked as usual. The caption originally was...
> >
> > Dolly:
> > "Roast beef! My middle toes are gonna be happy!"
> >
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43969326/the_tampa_tribune/
> >
> > And here's the original FC from Saturday I didn't post.
> >
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/43829678/the_tampa_times/

As for February 14, 1987, the Post (35 cents) was reporting on a visit here the night before from Vice President George Herbert Walker Bush. The Democratic Party, The soon to be Bush 41 said, was a party of "malaise and despair." The Post's Channel One TV guide was promoting Amerika, the mini-series about the US being under Soviet control a decade later (eg in 1997). Well, that didn't happen. I saw the Chernobyl miniseries on HBO last year, BTW (how come Gorbachev was speaking English?).

Anyway, that night UC men's basketball was hosting Tennessee State at what used to be Riverfront Coliseum. The cats who won...Tennessee State. To quote Chris Berman, "I remember. I was there."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Jimmy Delach

Feb 15, 2020, 5:01:31 AM2/15/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 14, 1989.

The original caption was...

Thel (whose hair was tweaked):
"Dinner's almost ready. Bypass that heart."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44383723/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Feb 15, 2020, 7:01:47 AM2/15/20
On the day after Valentine's Day for a 1989 Valentine's Day strip?

Brian Henke

Feb 15, 2020, 9:01:58 PM2/15/20
On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 7:01:47 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 4:01:31 AM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 14, 1989.
> >
> > The original caption was...
> >
> > Thel (whose hair was tweaked):
> > "Dinner's almost ready. Bypass that heart."
> >
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44383723/the_tampa_tribune/
> named
> On the day after Valentine's Day for a 1989 Valentine's Day strip?

The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) featured a poll where readers named the people they wanted to date. The winners are still on TV in 2020: Tom Selleck and Vanna White. Remember when the Academy Awards were held in late March on a weeknight? We were getting ready for Rain Man (playing at the Showcase Cinemas) to win Best Picture. It won.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----
Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

----

Jimmy Delach

Feb 17, 2020, 12:15:57 AM2/17/20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to a strip that was at least recycled once (as far as I know) - February 11, 2019!

The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Betcha he'd have a hard time gettin' through airport security."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/44820675/tampa_bay_times/

D Heine

Feb 17, 2020, 7:07:06 AM2/17/20
So now Jeff Keane is trying out to recycle a couple times a year fresh FC art from a year ago? At first I thought the strip came from 2009 but it was from last year!

Brian Henke

Feb 19, 2020, 9:19:00 PM2/19/20
Today's FC recycled art from January 24, 1981, when it was in ...well, you know.

The original caption:

Billy:
"Don't turn the page yet!"

The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) featured what was to come here exactly one year later...SUPER BOWL! The Post had an interview with Bruce German, one of the hostages who were just released from Iran. The preceding page was dominated by horse racing, with results and that day's schedules as far away as Santa Anita!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

-Name three thingsthat used to be in Cincinnati you csn now find in Atlnta

Jimmy Delach

Feb 20, 2020, 12:17:49 AM2/20/20
And Thursday's (2/20) installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 30, 1989.

The original quote was...

Dolly:
"He's just a little toddler, so I was showing him how to toddle."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/45248765/the_tampa_tribune/

And here's the link for Wednesday...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/45241663/the_tampa_times/

D Heine

Feb 21, 2020, 7:07:31 AM2/21/20
Beating Brian and Jimmy to this: I wonder if today's Feb. 21, 2020 Family Circus strip is a remake of a 1975 or 1976 FC daily strip with Thel hair tweak and Billy in a jacket rather than not in a jacket and there was a new caption replacing the "History repeated itself, I got a D in it" original caption from that 1975 or 1976 strip.

D Heine

Feb 23, 2020, 7:32:32 AM2/23/20
Beating Brian and Jimmy to this again: Today's Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020 Sunday Family Circus comic strip features recycled art from an early 1981 or early 1982 Family Circus Sunday comic strip dealing with Billy's dashed line where he starts losing his gloves leaving a friend's house and heading back to the Keane home and sees Thel Keane (with the hair tweak) telling Billy to retrace his steps.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 23, 2020, 4:58:36 PM2/23/20

> Beating Brian and Jimmy to this again: Today's Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020 Sunday Family Circus comic strip features recycled art from an early 1981 or early 1982 Family Circus Sunday comic strip dealing with Billy's dashed line where he starts losing his gloves leaving a friend's house and heading back to the Keane home and sees Thel Keane (with the hair tweak) telling Billy to retrace his steps.

It was from February 21, 1982 (a.k.a. my second birthday)

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/45488717/the_tampa_tribune/

D Heine

Feb 24, 2020, 7:14:21 AM2/24/20
One question: Will later this week on Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 on Leap Year we'll get something related to the anniversary of the Family Circus 60th. anniversary?

D Heine

Feb 27, 2020, 7:14:18 AM2/27/20
No Family Circus recycled art the last few days, maybe the next FC recycled art could come Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 - The day of the 60th. anniversary of the first FC comic strip (originally called The Family Circle but became the Family Circus months later when the magazine of the same name - the Family Circle magazine ceased in 2019 - began to sue Bil Keane and the name of the strip or something like that). Maybe the recycled art from the March 1, 1985 FC strip originally used to celebrate the 25th. anniversary can be reused for the 60th. with number and Thel hair tweak as well?

Jimmy Delach

Feb 29, 2020, 12:09:30 AM2/29/20