Comic Strips rerun weeks 2023 thread

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2022, 6:58:53 AM12/31/22
This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2023, 12:24:52 AM1/1/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 6:58:53 AM UTC-5, heine...@gmail.com wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

And to start off, the January 1st Curtis strip is a rerun despite the fact - like rerun strips last year - it has the 2023 copyright date. I can tell it was a rerun because even though Curtis is not shown at all, the logo on the first panel has his original hat.

Today's Curtis rerun was originally from January 1, 2006 (I really need to get to working on that Curtis database. I've been slacking.)

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/115535945/tampa-bay-times/

Darryl H

Jan 2, 2023, 7:07:52 AM1/2/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 11:24:52 PM UTC-6, wrote:
And for the week of January 2-7, 2023: Red and Rover is in reruns from 2019 this week. And the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun week with the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb on top and moving Jump Start to the bottom in Red and Rover's spot.

Darryl H

Jan 9, 2023, 6:53:12 AM1/9/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

This week for January 9-14, 2023 Baldo is in reruns from 2018. And the New York Daily News is not carrying that Baldo rerun week and moved Mutts temporary to the top of page 2 of its daily comics pages with Blondie at the bottom.

Darryl H

Jan 24, 2023, 3:18:49 PM1/24/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

This week for January 23-28, 2023: Baby Blues is in reruns with 2019 daily strips. This is the first rerun week for this strip since it moved from King Features to Andrews-McMeel last year?

Darryl H

Jan 30, 2023, 7:17:04 AM1/30/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

For the week of January 30-Feb. 4, 2023: Red and Rover is in 2017 reruns (And Red and Rover had a rerun week 4 weeks ago!). Of course, the New York Daily News isn't carrying the rerun week of Red and Rover strips and has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb at the top of its page 1 of its 2 page daily New York Daily News comics pages.

Darryl H

Feb 5, 2023, 10:28:14 PM2/5/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Today's Sunday Betty comic strip for Feb. 5, 2023 is a rerun from January 6, 2013.

Darryl H

Feb 7, 2023, 6:27:36 AM2/7/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

This Feb. 6-11, 2023 week to honor Hagar the Horrible's 50th. anniversary the Hagar comic strip is rerunning for this week earlier Hagar strips mostly from 1973 - the first year of the strip.

Darryl H

Feb 7, 2023, 8:05:01 AM2/7/23
Clarification: The Feb. 6-11, 2023 Hagar the Horrible 50th. anniversary week is a special rerun week of the first several 1973 Hagar daily strips.

Darryl H

Feb 20, 2023, 7:15:52 AM2/20/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Week of Feb. 20-26, 2023: Red and Rover is in a week of reruns again from 2017, even the New York Daily News has on page one of its 2 page daily comics pages the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb by not carrying the rerun week.

Darryl H

Feb 23, 2023, 3:54:10 PM2/23/23
Also in reruns this Feb. 20-26, 2023 week: Arlo and Janis with 2014 strips.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2023, 1:24:17 AM2/27/23
For the first time in 2023, the daily Curtis is in reruns this week even though they still have 2023 as the copyright date instead of the original year (Really King Features?!?!? On my mini-vacation?!?!?). Of course I can tell it's a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

After doing research, today's Curtis rerun was originally from March 13, 2006.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2023, 12:39:11 AM2/28/23
For 2/28, the Curtis rerun strip originally ran March 14, 2006.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2023, 7:22:17 AM3/1/23
The 3/1 Curtis rerun strip was originally from March 15, 2006

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2023, 11:53:35 AM3/2/23
The 3/2 Curtis rerun strip originally ran March 16, 2006

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2023, 12:57:48 AM3/3/23
The 3/3 Curtis rerun strip was originally from March 18, 2006.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2023, 12:40:38 AM3/4/23
The 3/4 Curtis rerun strip originally ran May 24, 2006.

Dear King Features. Please get back to new Curtis daily strips next week. Thank you.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2023, 3:59:34 PM3/25/23
Georgia Dunn will be having surgery on her hand and sometime in late May/early June Breaking Cat News will be in reruns for at least two weeks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqOABVPN82d/

Darryl H

Apr 16, 2023, 1:48:28 PM4/16/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Something I didn't notice recently: In The Bleachers has been in 2018 daily reruns for the last 2 weeks.

Darryl H

Apr 17, 2023, 8:05:32 AM4/17/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

For the week of April 17-April 22, 2023: The Argyle Sweater is in reruns from the April 17-22, 2023 week this week, and the New York Daily News is not carrying the April 17-22, 2023 Argyle Sweater rerun week and has the "Argyle Sweater is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Apr 17, 2023, 9:34:16 AM4/17/23
OOPS! I meant the Argyle Sweater is rerunning APRIL 17-22, 2017 this April 17-22, 2023 week!

Darryl H

Apr 18, 2023, 8:08:34 PM4/18/23
Last week on April 10-15, 2023 The Flying McCoys was a rerun week. This could explain: https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2023/04/17/butterfly-effect-and-the-flying-mccoys

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2023, 8:27:23 AM4/30/23
This Sunday's (4/30) Rubes is a repeat from 2017.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 1, 2023, 3:26:46 PM5/1/23
Beginning this week, Breaking Cat News is in reruns the next two weeks while Georgia Dunn recovers from hand surgery.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 8, 2023, 10:15:30 PM5/8/23
Last Sunday's (5/7) Rubes is another repeat from 2017

And Breaking Cat News is in its' second week of reruns. Last week it was 2017 strips. This week is 2018 strips.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 15, 2023, 5:28:24 AM5/15/23
This week, Breaking Cat News is in its' third week of reruns while Georgia Dunn recovers from hand surgery. This week they are running strips from 2018.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 16, 2023, 9:32:27 PM5/16/23
Update: Georgia Dunn has confirmed that Breaking Cat News will be back to new daily strips on 5/29 and new Sunday strips (which haven't seen reruns yet) will resume 6/25

https://www.facebook.com/breakingcatnewscomic/posts/pfbid0igC1FSkHw1WWLrNF5PGeW9ABEChhdzf136LcpgzjbjAegrgAcHnh871g8Nyv4NLZl

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 22, 2023, 7:06:57 AM5/22/23
The last week of Breaking Cat News daily reruns are from 2017 this week.

Darryl H

May 22, 2023, 7:52:24 AM5/22/23
On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:06:57 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> The last week of Breaking Cat News daily reruns are from 2017 this week.

Also this week for May 22-27, 2023: Red and Rover is in reruns from 2016, the New York Daily News is not carrying the Red and Rover rerun week with the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb on top of the first of its 2 page daily comics pages.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 28, 2023, 12:49:52 AM5/28/23
As we finish the four weeks of Breaking Cat News Daily reruns (due to Georgia Dunn's hand surgery), the Sunday Breaking Cat News strips have begun their rerun weeks.

This Sunday's (5/28/2023) Breaking Cat News is a rerun from the very first Sunday strip on April 2, 2017.

Darryl H

May 29, 2023, 7:01:17 AM5/29/23
Week of May 29-June 3, 2023: Red and Rover enters week #2 in its current rerun mode with strips from 2014 (And once again this week the New York Daily News has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb.)

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2023, 12:49:21 AM6/4/23
The second of four straight Sunday reruns of Breaking Cat News for 6/4 was originally from September 10, 2017.

Darryl H

Jun 9, 2023, 10:01:49 PM6/9/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Belated for the week of June 5-10, 2023: For the first time since Steenz took over the strip in 2020, Heart of the City is in reruns from 2020 this week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2023, 12:45:51 AM6/11/23
This Sunday's installment of Breaking Cat News (6/11), the third of four straight Sunday reruns, was originally from April 9, 2017.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2023, 6:48:31 PM6/18/23
The final installment of Sunday Breaking Cat News reruns is from April 23, 2017. So all four Sunday reruns were from 2017 while the recent run of Daily reruns were between 2017 and 2018.

Darryl H

Jun 19, 2023, 7:13:05 AM6/19/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

This week for June 19-24, 2023: The Argyle Sweater is in reruns rerunning the June 19-24, 2017 week. And the New York Daily News isn't carrying that rerun week since it has the "Argyle Sweater is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Jul 9, 2023, 8:57:24 AM7/9/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Today's Sunday, July 9, 2023 Frank and Ernest Sunday strip is a 1996 Sunday rerun.

Darryl H

Jul 10, 2023, 7:04:34 AM7/10/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

For the week of July 10-15, 2023: Pooch Cafe is in reruns from 2016 this week, and the New York Daily News is not carrying the Pooch Cafe rerun week since it has the "Pooch Cafe is on vacation" blurb on top of page 1 of its 2 page daily comics section.

Darryl H

Jul 17, 2023, 7:15:39 AM7/17/23
Week of July 17-23, 2023: Pooch Cafe enters week #2 in 2016 rerun mode with the New York Daily News not carrying the second Pooch Cafe rerun week.

Darryl H

Jul 24, 2023, 7:49:38 AM7/24/23
Week of July 24-29, 2023: Pooch Cafe enters week #3 in rerun mode this time with daily strips from 2017, and the New York Daily News still has the "Pooch Cafe is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Jul 24, 2023, 5:41:12 PM7/24/23
Also for July 24-29, 2023: Baby Blues is in reruns from 2020 this week.

Darryl H

Jul 31, 2023, 7:45:42 AM7/31/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Week of July 31, 2023 - August 5, 2023:
* Pooch Cafe enters week #4 in daily rerun mode with 2017 strips. I hope Paul Gilligan isn't under the weather or ailing with this rerun mode.
* Also in reruns this week: Mutts
...and both have the "on vacation" blurb in the New York Daily News since they are not carrying the rerun weeks (If "Pooch Cafe" never comes back and/or is declared ended by its creator, would the NY Daily News possibly choose Garfield as a replacement?)

Darryl H

Jul 31, 2023, 12:08:53 PM7/31/23
CORRECTION: Mutts is not in reruns, it is new and fresh and running in the New York Daily News comics daily, but the strip that's on vacation with the "on vacation" blurb for it in the NY Daily Newsthis July 31-August 5, 2023 week is Baldo (rerunning 2017 strips).

D.D.Degg

Jul 31, 2023, 6:57:42 PM7/31/23
On Monday, July 31, 2023 Darryl H wrote:
> * Pooch Cafe enters week #4 in daily rerun mode with 2017 strips.
> I hope Paul Gilligan isn't under the weather or ailing with this rerun mode.

Possibly putting the finishing touches to his second Pluto Rocket book?
https://www.amazon.ca/Pluto-Rocket-Joe-Pidge-Flips/dp/073527195X

Darryl H

Aug 14, 2023, 8:03:47 AM8/14/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

For the week of August 14-19, 2023: The Argyle Sweater is in reruns rerunning a week from June 5-10, 2023 - And the New York Daily News is not carrying the week of reruns since it has the "Argyle Sweater is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Aug 14, 2023, 9:52:00 AM8/14/23
Correction: The Argyle Sweater is rerunning this week on August 14-19, 2023 a week of June 5-10, 2017 strips, not June 5-10, 2023.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2023, 9:35:20 AM8/20/23
This Sunday's installment of Rubes (8/20) is a rerun from 2016.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2023, 5:16:50 PM8/20/23
Also the Sunday Baby Blues is in reruns the next two weeks. Today's rerun was from 2020.

Darryl H

Aug 28, 2023, 7:11:24 AM8/28/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Week of August 28 - September 2, 2023: Red and Rover is in reruns from 2020 this week, and the New York Daily News has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb and is not carrying that rerun week.

Darryl H

Sep 4, 2023, 7:41:00 AM9/4/23
Week of September 4-9, 2023: Red and Rover enters week #2 in 2020 rerun mode, and the New York Daily News has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb and not carrying that rerun week, of course.

Brian Henke

Sep 5, 2023, 4:01:13 AM9/5/23
Ziggy is this week rerunning September 4-10, 2017.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

Darryl H

Sep 11, 2023, 8:42:51 AM9/11/23
Week of September 11-16, 2023:
* Red and Rover enters week #3 in 2020 daily rerun mode, and the New York Daily News still has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb and not carrying that rerun week.
* Ziggy is in week #2 of 2017 daily rerun mode.

Brian Henke

Sep 12, 2023, 12:22:33 PM9/12/23
I sure hope that Tom II is OK. That's uncommon for Ziggy to be running two weeks of reruns.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----------

Darryl H

Sep 24, 2023, 7:45:43 AM9/24/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Today's Grand Avenue Sunday strip for September 24, 2023 is a Sunday rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Sep 25, 2023, 7:18:03 AM9/25/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

For the week of September 25-30, 2023: Frazz is in reruns rerunning a week of 2020 strips.

Darryl H

Oct 1, 2023, 7:49:34 AM10/1/23
For the second Sunday in a row, the Sunday Grand Avenue strip for October 1, 2023 is another Sunday rerun from 2019 (The Chicago Tribune Sunday Comics says Grand Avenue Sundays will resume October 15, 2023).

Darryl H

Oct 9, 2023, 8:21:00 AM10/9/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Week of October 9-14, 2023: Arlo and Janis is in reruns from 2019 this week.

Darryl H

Oct 11, 2023, 6:54:06 AM10/11/23
Also: Yesterday on October 10, 2023 the Daddy's Home daily strip was a 2019 rerun (Monday, October 9, 2023 and Wednesday, October 11, 2023 are new 2023 strips).

Darryl H

Oct 16, 2023, 8:41:05 AM10/16/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Week of October 16-21, 2023: For the first time ever in its 39 year career, Mother Goose and Grimm is in a rerun week of 2013 Mother Goose and Grimm strips this October 16-21, 2023 week. And the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun week of Mother Goose and Grimm strips and has the "Mother Goose and Grimm is on vacation" blurb.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2023, 5:28:33 PM10/16/23
Week of October 16-21, 2023: For the first time ever in its 39 year career, Mother Goose and Grimm is in a rerun week of 2013 Mother Goose and Grimm strips this October 16-21, 2023 week. And the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun week of Mother Goose and Grimm strips and has the "Mother Goose and Grimm is on vacation" blurb.

I could be wrong on this but I think sometime in the late '90s-early 2000's there were occasional Grimm Sunday repeats (when the title panel would read "Classic Goose & Grimm).

Darryl H

Oct 18, 2023, 6:29:01 AM10/18/23
Also (belated) for the week of October 16-21, 2023: Real Life Adventures is in reruns this week rerrunning the October 16-21, 2017 week of Real Life Adventures daily strips.

Darryl H

Oct 20, 2023, 7:24:42 PM10/20/23
And: Has Herb and Jammal been in reruns since September 25, 2023?

Darryl H

Oct 23, 2023, 7:56:42 AM10/23/23
On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 7:41:05 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
Week of October 23-28, 2023:
* Mother Goose and Grimm enters week #2 in 2013 rerun mode (with the New York Daily News not carrying the rerun strips, could this Mother Goose and Grimm rerun mode be with Mike Peters taking a break for his 80th. birthday?)
* Real Life Adventures enters week #2 in 2017 rerun mode (was the spoiler that one of the cartoonists is retiring from some weeks back the reason? See "The fate of "Real Life Adventures" thread for more details).
* Herb and Jaamal enters week #5 in rerun mode (Hope Stephen Bentley is all right!)

Darryl H

Oct 28, 2023, 8:33:59 AM10/28/23
Also today on October 28, 2023: The October 28, 2023 Heathcliff comic strip is a 2013 rerun (The rest of the October 23-27, 2023 were new 2023 Heathcliff comic strips all Halloween related).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2023, 9:56:21 AM10/29/23
It's been a while since Curtis went into reruns but Today's (10/29) strip is definitely a rerun even though it has the 2023 copyright date. I can tell it's a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

Today's strip originally ran on October 28, 2018

https://www.newspapers.com/article/tampa-bay-times/134237568/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2023, 12:59:03 AM10/30/23
As it turns out, the whole calendar week will be Curtis reruns despite having the 2023 copyright date. Of course I can tell it's a rerun since it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

This is the first week of Curtis daily reruns since late February-early March. Sunday's rerun was the first such rerun since New Year's Day.

Today's Curtis rerun originally ran on October 29, 2008.

Darryl H

Oct 30, 2023, 8:44:46 AM10/30/23
Also this October 30-November 4, 2023 week:
* Mother Goose and Grimm enters week #3 in Mike Peters 80th. birthday hiatus/rerun mode (with the NY Daily News not carrying the reruns).
* Real Life Adventures enters week #3 in 2017 rerun mode (Has anyone contacted Gary Wise and Lance Aldrich to find out why?)
* Herb and Jaamal enters week #6 in rerun mode (Has anyone contacted Creators.com and/or Mr. Bentley to find out why?)

jdelac...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2023, 5:30:56 AM10/31/23
As Curtis' rerun week continues, Today's strip (10/31) originally ran on October 30, 2008.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2023, 7:01:56 AM11/1/23
Today's Curtis (11/1) rerun originally ran on November 1, 2008.

Speaking of, does anybody remember the last time Curtis voices his displeasure of Dad Greg smoking? It seems like it's been a while.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2023, 7:24:31 AM11/2/23
Today's (11/2) Curtis rerun originally ran on December 2, 2008.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2023, 8:14:27 AM11/3/23
Today's (11/3) Curtis rerun originally ran on December 6, 2008.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2023, 5:35:12 AM11/4/23
Today's (11/4) Curtis repeat originally ran on October 25, 2008.

Hopefully we can get back to new Curtis strips next week.

Darryl H

Nov 12, 2023, 8:06:55 AM11/12/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Big Nate is about to start a rerun week this November 13-18, 2023 week since today's Sunday, November 12, 2023 Big Nate Sunday strip is a Sunday rerun originally from October 20, 2019.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2023, 9:56:56 AM11/12/23
This Sunday's installment of Curtis is another rerun. This is the second time in the last three weeks a Curtis rerun has ran on a Sunday despite having the 2023 copyright date. I can tell it was a rerun because it had Curtis' original hat even though he wasn't wearing the hat with this being a church strip, the original hat was on the logo in the title panel.

Today's Curtis rerun originally ran on October 7, 2007.

https://www.newspapers.com/article/tampa-bay-times/135037455/

Darryl H

Nov 12, 2023, 4:09:44 PM11/12/23
And today's November 12, 2023 Frank and Ernest Sunday strip is a 1997 Sunday rerun.

Darryl H

Nov 13, 2023, 7:58:38 AM11/13/23
And this November 13-18, 2023 week Big Nate is in reruns rerunning the November 22-28, 2020 week.

Darryl H

Nov 20, 2023, 7:35:26 AM11/20/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

This November 20-25, 2023 week: Baldo is in reruns from 2016, and the New York Daily News has the "Baldo is on vacation" blurb and not carrying that Baldo rerun week.

Darryl H

Nov 25, 2023, 9:21:59 AM11/25/23
That same November 20-25, 2023 week and last week: Herb and Jamall went back to rerun mode. Has the artist on Herb and Jaamal cut back on new strips nowadays? I have even posted a seperate thread on this.

Darryl H

Nov 27, 2023, 10:06:04 PM11/27/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Week of November 27 - December 2, 2023: Argyle Sweater is in reruns this week, and of course, the New York Daily News isn't carrying the rerun week and has the "Argyle Sweater is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Dec 4, 2023, 7:49:26 AM12/4/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

This week for the week of December 4-9, 2023: Close to Home (recently added in the Cleveland Plain-Dealer to replace Real Life Adventures) is in reruns.

Darryl H

Dec 14, 2023, 7:45:58 AM12/14/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

Belated from last month: Last month in November 2023 The Fusco Brothers had its annual 4 week rerun mode break.

Darryl H

Dec 25, 2023, 8:07:13 AM12/25/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

For the week of December 25-31, 2023: Baldo is in 2014 reruns, since the New York Daily News isn't carrying the rerun week and has the "Baldo is on Vacation" blurb.

Remember: Next week will start a Comic Strip Rerun Weeks 2024 thread that will be used until at least mid Feb. 2024 when Google Groups will cease supporting Usenet content.

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2023, 7:20:47 AM12/31/23
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 5:58:53 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This placeholder is for comic strips in rerun weeks for the year 2023 - This does not include comic strips in indefinate reruns like Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, and daily Doonesbury. And this does not include off an on a few times a week Pickles.

To close off 2023: Luann has been rerunning 12-25 strips from 1985-1991 this 12/25-12/30/2023 week.