Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist

Lynn McGuire

Mar 8, 2023, 2:22:02 PM3/8/23
Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4998

I had a big laugh with “This baby scientist was found abandoned in a dump…”.

Lynn

BCFD36

Mar 8, 2023, 3:10:27 PM3/8/23
I think I worked with a few at NASA Ames. One should never have been found.

--
Dave Scruggs
Captain, Boulder Creek Fire (Retired)

Freezer

Mar 9, 2023, 10:58:11 PM3/9/23
If I don't reply to this BCFD36 post, the terroists win.

> On 3/8/23 11:21, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
>>    https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4998
>>
>> I had a big laugh with “This baby scientist was found
>> abandoned in a dump…”.
>>
>> Lynn
> I think I worked with a few at NASA Ames. One should never
> have been found.

I hope Jeph is going for a cast herd type comic like Something
Positive. Moving everyone to Cubetown seems a bit too "We ran out
of ideas."

Frankly I still think he should run with the idea of Marten as a
therapist. Maybe he could do that as a barista.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Mar 10, 2023, 7:18:07 AM3/10/23
On 10 Mar 2023 at 03:58:10 GMT, "Freezer"
From Jeph's latest Patreon post:
---
I’ve seen some speculation that the comic is wrapping up- that is not
the case. I have no plans to end QC. The comic has changed focus many
times over the course of its lifespan. That’s what has kept it
interesting for me, over all these years. Sending Marten and Claire to
Cubetown looks to be just another one of those shifts. Which is funny,
because the genesis of the whole idea was me thinking “you know, I
barely do anything with Marten anymore, and he’s in a good place with
Claire. It might be time to give them a ride into the sunset since they
don’t seem to be the focus of my interest these days.” Then I started
gathering all the threads together for this story, and suddenly Marten
was fun to write again and I had a million ideas for Cubetown and welp I
guess I accidentally an entire new setting, lol. That’s how it goes
sometimes.

I hesitate to make predictions about the future, because I often end up
being wrong (see above), but so far I’m having fun switching between
Cubetown and Northampton as the creative process calls for it. So I’m
pretty sure I won’t be dumping Northampton as a setting, or moving the
entire cast to Cubetown, or any of the other more far-fetched ideas I’ve
seen floating around. I’m just going to keep writing comics like I
always have, and follow the path where it leads. I’ve learned to trust
myself when it comes to this stuff.
---

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Tetris has taught me that accomplishments disappear and mistakes pile up.

Lynn McGuire

Mar 10, 2023, 4:26:17 PM3/10/23
Yup, that is on today's post, #5,000. I did not realize that QC was
hitting 5,000 comics, very impressive. I have been reading since around
4,000 or so.
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=5000