Comics Kingdom error problems?

Darryl H

Sep 19, 2021, 12:39:53 PM9/19/21
Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early afternoon September 19, 2021?

Darryl H

Sep 19, 2021, 4:00:23 PM9/19/21
On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 11:39:53 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early afternoon September 19, 2021?

It's a "Page Not Found" message on the Comics Kingdom site. I tweeted about it to Comics Kingdom.

Mark Jackson

Sep 19, 2021, 4:54:41 PM9/19/21
Yes, it hit while I was reading comics this AM (EDT); still down.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
Poverty is a choice made by governments not individuals.

Freezer

Sep 19, 2021, 9:45:17 PM9/19/21
If I don't reply to this Mark Jackson post, the terroists win.

> On 9/19/2021 4:00 PM, Darryl H wrote:
>> On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 11:39:53 AM UTC-5, Darryl H
>> wrote:
>>> Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King
>>> Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early
>>> afternoon September 19, 2021?
>>
>> It's a "Page Not Found" message on the Comics Kingdom site. I
>> tweeted about it to Comics Kingdom.
>>

> Yes, it hit while I was reading comics this AM (EDT); still
> down.

Still down as of 2040 hrs CST.

Joy Beeson

Sep 19, 2021, 9:57:11 PM9/19/21
21:55 EST -- a few of them loaded when I clicked their bookmarks
individually.

Sometimes it took a few tries.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Mark Jackson

Sep 20, 2021, 8:33:47 AM9/20/21
On 9/19/2021 9:57 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 01:45:15 -0000 (UTC), Freezer

>> Still down as of 2040 hrs CST.
>
> 21:55 EST -- a few of them loaded when I clicked their bookmarks
> individually.

Still fundamentally broken at 8:30 AM EDT. Not accepting subscriber
logins ("bad server response").

John W Kennedy

Sep 20, 2021, 1:15:34 PM9/20/21
On 9/20/21 8:33 AM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 9/19/2021 9:57 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 01:45:15 -0000 (UTC), Freezer
>
>>> Still down as of 2040 hrs CST.
>>
>> 21:55 EST -- a few of them loaded when I clicked their bookmarks
>> individually.
>
> Still fundamentally broken at 8:30 AM EDT.  Not accepting subscriber
> logins ("bad server response").

Still broken at 13:12 EDT.

Darryl H

Sep 20, 2021, 2:30:10 PM9/20/21
So...how are Brian and Jimmy D getting their Family Circus recycled art strips to compare with the originals while Comics Kingdom is offline currently?

D.D.Degg

Sep 20, 2021, 8:08:21 PM9/20/21
Darryl asked:
> So...how are Brian and Jimmy D getting their Family Circus recycled art strips to compare with the originals while Comics Kingdom is offline currently?

Arcamax: https://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/familycircus/
or
any number of newspaper sites around the nation carrying Comics Kingdom.
For example:
The Oregonian https://www.oregonlive.com/comics-kingdom/
The Seattle Post Intelligencer https://www.seattlepi.com/comics-and-games/fun/

Darryl H

Sep 21, 2021, 6:45:16 AM9/21/21
On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 11:39:53 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early afternoon September 19, 2021?

Guess what? As of the morning of 9/21/2021 - Comics Kingdom is back online and working again!

osurickbee

Sep 21, 2021, 10:58:34 AM9/21/21
Still down for me as of 11am 9/21/21

Mark Jackson

Oct 3, 2021, 12:24:00 PM10/3/21
Same problem shortly after midday today. It's the fortnightly bug!

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
I doubt that there’s something about British culture

ba...@dontspam.silent.com

Oct 3, 2021, 12:31:58 PM10/3/21
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:39:52 -0700 (PDT), Darryl H
<heine...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early afternoon September 19, 2021?

The problem looks to be back today (Sunday October 3rd)

Mark Jackson

Oct 3, 2021, 5:29:29 PM10/3/21
On 10/3/2021 12:23 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 9/19/2021 12:39 PM, Darryl H wrote:
>> Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King
>> Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early
>> afternoon September 19, 2021?
>
> Same problem shortly after midday today. It's the fortnightly bug!

It's kind of working now, although it doesn't seem to realize it is no
longer yesterday.

Ed Rush

Oct 3, 2021, 7:30:58 PM10/3/21
On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 2:29:29 PM UTC-7, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 10/3/2021 12:23 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> > On 9/19/2021 12:39 PM, Darryl H wrote:
> >> Is anyone noticing a site error code when accessing the King
> >> Features owned Comics Kingdom site this late morning/early
> >> afternoon September 19, 2021?
> >
> > Same problem shortly after midday today. It's the fortnightly bug!
> It's kind of working now, although it doesn't seem to realize it is no
> longer yesterday.

Yup. Same thing as two weeks ago, except that I think they had the previous incident fixed by now. Last night, the Saturday->Sunday update time passed, then this morning it had deteriorated to the "page not found" state, even for CK's home page. Now it's back to showing Saturday's strips. Sigh.

Dave Van Domelen

Oct 3, 2021, 10:52:11 PM10/3/21
And now all strips are locked behind premium paywall. Yeah, like I'm
paying for this flaky site.

Dave Van Domelen, notes that the SeattlePI site is still on Saturday
strips.