BC: Evel Knievel

Lynn McGuire

Feb 8, 2024, 4:04:23 PMFeb 8
BC: Evel Knievel
https://www.gocomics.com/bc/2024/02/08

Evel is probably headed to a volcano to jump.

Lynn

The Horny Goat

Feb 10, 2024, 7:41:58 PMFeb 10
My favorite Evel Knievel cartoon is where he's revving up his
motorcycle and telling the reporter "Look at all these people to see
me jump over 25 cars!" and revs his engine and takes off before the
reporter is able to say "well er actually they're here to see you jump
over 24....."

My grown children have no idea who Knievel is/was...

Lynn McGuire

Feb 10, 2024, 8:30:20 PMFeb 10
Evel never was strong on math ...

Lynn

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Feb 10, 2024, 10:54:50 PMFeb 10
In article <9p5gsil01oh5rupuh...@4ax.com>,
I was just going to say that's a pretty obscure joke in 2024. Probably
only peopole still reading an actual newspaper would get it.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Robert Carnegie

Feb 11, 2024, 7:20:25 AMFeb 11
I'm interpreting that the reporter
parked next to all the other cars.

The Horny Goat

Feb 11, 2024, 6:12:52 PMFeb 11
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:20:22 +0000, Robert Carnegie
<rja.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> My favorite Evel Knievel cartoon is where he's revving up his
>>> motorcycle and telling the reporter "Look at all these people to see
>>> me jump over 25 cars!" and revs his engine and takes off before the
>>> reporter is able to say "well er actually they're here to see you jump
>>> over 24....."
>>>
>>> My grown children have no idea who Knievel is/was...
>>
>> Evel never was strong on math ...
>
>I'm interpreting that the reporter
>parked next to all the other cars.

The correct interpretation of course is that the fans were ghoulish
and expected a horrible accident.