Candorville occassional daily rerun watch

Darryl H

Feb 9, 2021, 6:45:24 AMFeb 9
Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

To start off: Today's Candorville Feb. 9, 2021 daily strip is a rerun from 2019 (COVID face masks included on characters).

Darryl H

Feb 9, 2021, 6:50:58 AMFeb 9
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.
>
> To start off: Today's Candorville Feb. 9, 2021 daily strip is a rerun from 2019 (COVID face masks included on characters).

By the way, Candorville is done by Darrin Bell. Hope he didn't turn into a Brian Crane or maybe a Darby "Get Fuzzy - I wish Andrews McMeel withdrew the all 7 days a week rerun mode strip from papers for good" Conley.

Darryl H

Feb 10, 2021, 6:52:30 AMFeb 10
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.
>
> To start off: Today's Candorville Feb. 9, 2021 daily strip is a rerun from 2019 (COVID face masks included on characters).

Today's Candorville Feb. 10, 2021 daily strip is another 2019 rerun (COVID face mask added on 1 character).

Darryl H

Feb 11, 2021, 7:03:12 AMFeb 11
For Feb. 11, 2021 - for the 3rd. day in a row Candorville is a 2019 rerun (with COVID face masks added on characters).

Darryl H

Feb 12, 2021, 8:16:27 AMFeb 12
For Feb. 12, 2021 - for the 4th. day in a row Candorville is a 2019 rerun (with COVID face masks added on characters).

Darryl H

Mar 1, 2021, 3:09:23 PMMar 1
I guess the last 2 weeks and maybe this week and forseeable weeks to come the Candorville strips were all new fresh 2021 strips.

Carl Fink

Mar 3, 2021, 11:21:04 AMMar 3
On 2021-03-01, Darryl H <heine...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the last 2 weeks and maybe this week and forseeable weeks to come the Candorville strips were all new fresh 2021 strips.

I actually asked Darren about this. He told me that the syndicate is
re-lettering strips to make them seem current, but he is not actually
involved. No new art is done, nor is he (or the original writer of these
strips) consulted.
--
Carl Fink ca...@finknetwork.com
https://reasonablyliterate.com https://nitpicking.com

Darryl H

Mar 6, 2021, 7:19:26 AMMar 6
And believe it or not, the off and on few days a week Candorville rerun strips mixed in with new strips goes on...today's March 6, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019 but no face mask addition/tweak this time.

Darrin Bell

Mar 8, 2021, 1:26:41 PMMar 8
Carl, forgive the confusion. Maybe I worded my response to you poorly, but what you've written only applies to "Rudy Park," not "Candorville." Matt Richtel wrote Rudy Park until 2012, after which I wrote it until 2018. But I've been the original writer on Candorville from the start. Candorville has been using more reruns than usual for the last few months b/c I'm creating a graphic novel memoir for Holt Publishing, and there are only so many hours in the day. It's my first graphic novel and it's way more labor intensive than I'd expected. I'm in the home stretch of that book, though, so you'll see fewer and fewer reruns.

-DB

Mark Jackson

Mar 8, 2021, 1:37:38 PMMar 8
On 3/8/2021 1:26 PM, Darrin Bell wrote:
> I'm creating a graphic novel memoir

Looking forward to it!

Physics doesn't care if your question is weird. It just
gives you the answer, without judging. - Randall Munroe

Carl Fink

Mar 8, 2021, 9:24:11 PMMar 8
On 2021-03-08, Darrin Bell <cando...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Carl, forgive the confusion. Maybe I worded my response to you poorly ...

No, that was entirely me not thinking clearly. You were on-target.

Also, sorry about screwing up your name.

Darryl H

Mar 24, 2021, 6:38:31 AMMar 24
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:24:11 PM UTC-6, Carl Fink wrote:
> On 2021-03-08, Darrin Bell wrote:
> > Carl, forgive the confusion. Maybe I worded my response to you poorly ...
>
> No, that was entirely me not thinking clearly. You were on-target.
>
> Also, sorry about screwing up your name.
> --
> Carl Fink com
> https://reasonablyliterate.com https://nitpicking.com
> If you want to make a point, somebody will take the point and stab you with it.
> -Kenne Estes
Guess the last 2 weeks and this week Candorville was all new strips.

Darryl H

Apr 18, 2021, 7:09:19 AMApr 18
Yesterday's Saturday, April 17, 2021 Candorville daily strip was for the first time in in a while a rerun - from 2019. (The other strips that week on April 12-16, 2021 were new and first run 2021 Candorville strips).

Darryl H

May 3, 2021, 9:37:01 AMMay 3
I guess Candorville is all new from here on - last 2 weeks and at least starting this week.

Darryl H

Jun 12, 2021, 7:16:39 AMJun 12
Despite this June 7-11, 2021 Candorville daily strips being new, today's June 12, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jul 2, 2021, 6:50:55 AMJul 2
Today's 7/2/2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jul 3, 2021, 7:02:28 AMJul 3
For the second day in a row, today's 7/3/2021 Candorville daily strip is another 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Jul 5, 2021, 7:29:56 AMJul 5
Today's Candorville dailly strip for 7/5/2021 is another 2019 rerun, so 3 out of the last 4 days the Candorville strip has been in 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Jul 6, 2021, 6:45:30 AMJul 6
Rumor has it Candorville may be all 2019 reruns this 7/5/2021-7/10/2021 week.

Darryl H

Jul 26, 2021, 7:13:28 AMJul 26
Rumor has it Candorville may be this 7/26/2021-7/31/2021 week all 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Aug 13, 2021, 7:57:13 AMAug 13
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

Today's August 13, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Aug 14, 2021, 8:39:28 AMAug 14
For the second day in a row, today's August 14, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a 2019 rerun once again.

Darryl H

Sep 6, 2021, 7:16:07 AM (12 days ago) Sep 6
Rumor has it Candorville may be this 9/6/2021-9/11/2021 week another week of 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Sep 17, 2021, 7:17:18 AM (yesterday) Sep 17
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) .

Today's September 17, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

7:14 AM (4 hours ago) 7:14 AM
For the second day in a row, today's Candorville daily strip is another 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

8:30 AM (3 hours ago) 8:30 AM
The Candorville daily strip for September 18, 2021 being another 2019 rerun for 2 days in a row, that is.