Candorville occassional daily rerun watch

Darryl H

Feb 9, 2021, 6:45:24 AM2/9/21
Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

To start off: Today's Candorville Feb. 9, 2021 daily strip is a rerun from 2019 (COVID face masks included on characters).

Darryl H

Feb 9, 2021, 6:50:58 AM2/9/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.
>
> To start off: Today's Candorville Feb. 9, 2021 daily strip is a rerun from 2019 (COVID face masks included on characters).

By the way, Candorville is done by Darrin Bell. Hope he didn't turn into a Brian Crane or maybe a Darby "Get Fuzzy - I wish Andrews McMeel withdrew the all 7 days a week rerun mode strip from papers for good" Conley.

Darryl H

Feb 10, 2021, 6:52:30 AM2/10/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.
>
> To start off: Today's Candorville Feb. 9, 2021 daily strip is a rerun from 2019 (COVID face masks included on characters).

Today's Candorville Feb. 10, 2021 daily strip is another 2019 rerun (COVID face mask added on 1 character).

Darryl H

Feb 11, 2021, 7:03:12 AM2/11/21
For Feb. 11, 2021 - for the 3rd. day in a row Candorville is a 2019 rerun (with COVID face masks added on characters).

Darryl H

Feb 12, 2021, 8:16:27 AM2/12/21
For Feb. 12, 2021 - for the 4th. day in a row Candorville is a 2019 rerun (with COVID face masks added on characters).

Darryl H

Mar 1, 2021, 3:09:23 PM3/1/21
I guess the last 2 weeks and maybe this week and forseeable weeks to come the Candorville strips were all new fresh 2021 strips.

Carl Fink

Mar 3, 2021, 11:21:04 AM3/3/21
On 2021-03-01, Darryl H <heine...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the last 2 weeks and maybe this week and forseeable weeks to come the Candorville strips were all new fresh 2021 strips.

I actually asked Darren about this. He told me that the syndicate is
re-lettering strips to make them seem current, but he is not actually
involved. No new art is done, nor is he (or the original writer of these
strips) consulted.
--
Carl Fink ca...@finknetwork.com
https://reasonablyliterate.com https://nitpicking.com

Darryl H

Mar 6, 2021, 7:19:26 AM3/6/21
And believe it or not, the off and on few days a week Candorville rerun strips mixed in with new strips goes on...today's March 6, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019 but no face mask addition/tweak this time.

Darrin Bell

Mar 8, 2021, 1:26:41 PM3/8/21
Carl, forgive the confusion. Maybe I worded my response to you poorly, but what you've written only applies to "Rudy Park," not "Candorville." Matt Richtel wrote Rudy Park until 2012, after which I wrote it until 2018. But I've been the original writer on Candorville from the start. Candorville has been using more reruns than usual for the last few months b/c I'm creating a graphic novel memoir for Holt Publishing, and there are only so many hours in the day. It's my first graphic novel and it's way more labor intensive than I'd expected. I'm in the home stretch of that book, though, so you'll see fewer and fewer reruns.

-DB

Mark Jackson

Mar 8, 2021, 1:37:38 PM3/8/21
On 3/8/2021 1:26 PM, Darrin Bell wrote:
> I'm creating a graphic novel memoir

Looking forward to it!

Physics doesn't care if your question is weird. It just
gives you the answer, without judging. - Randall Munroe

Carl Fink

Mar 8, 2021, 9:24:11 PM3/8/21
On 2021-03-08, Darrin Bell <cando...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Carl, forgive the confusion. Maybe I worded my response to you poorly ...

No, that was entirely me not thinking clearly. You were on-target.

Also, sorry about screwing up your name.

Darryl H

Mar 24, 2021, 6:38:31 AM3/24/21
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:24:11 PM UTC-6, Carl Fink wrote:
> On 2021-03-08, Darrin Bell wrote:
> > Carl, forgive the confusion. Maybe I worded my response to you poorly ...
>
> No, that was entirely me not thinking clearly. You were on-target.
>
> Also, sorry about screwing up your name.
> --
> Carl Fink com
> https://reasonablyliterate.com https://nitpicking.com
> If you want to make a point, somebody will take the point and stab you with it.
> -Kenne Estes
Guess the last 2 weeks and this week Candorville was all new strips.

Darryl H

Apr 18, 2021, 7:09:19 AM4/18/21
Yesterday's Saturday, April 17, 2021 Candorville daily strip was for the first time in in a while a rerun - from 2019. (The other strips that week on April 12-16, 2021 were new and first run 2021 Candorville strips).

Darryl H

May 3, 2021, 9:37:01 AM5/3/21
I guess Candorville is all new from here on - last 2 weeks and at least starting this week.

Darryl H

Jun 12, 2021, 7:16:39 AM6/12/21
Despite this June 7-11, 2021 Candorville daily strips being new, today's June 12, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jul 2, 2021, 6:50:55 AM7/2/21
Today's 7/2/2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jul 3, 2021, 7:02:28 AM7/3/21
For the second day in a row, today's 7/3/2021 Candorville daily strip is another 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Jul 5, 2021, 7:29:56 AM7/5/21
Today's Candorville dailly strip for 7/5/2021 is another 2019 rerun, so 3 out of the last 4 days the Candorville strip has been in 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Jul 6, 2021, 6:45:30 AM7/6/21
Rumor has it Candorville may be all 2019 reruns this 7/5/2021-7/10/2021 week.

Darryl H

Jul 26, 2021, 7:13:28 AM7/26/21
Rumor has it Candorville may be this 7/26/2021-7/31/2021 week all 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Aug 13, 2021, 7:57:13 AM8/13/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

Today's August 13, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Aug 14, 2021, 8:39:28 AM8/14/21
For the second day in a row, today's August 14, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a 2019 rerun once again.

Darryl H

Sep 6, 2021, 7:16:07 AM9/6/21
Rumor has it Candorville may be this 9/6/2021-9/11/2021 week another week of 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Sep 17, 2021, 7:17:18 AM9/17/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) .

Today's September 17, 2021 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Sep 18, 2021, 7:14:13 AM9/18/21
For the second day in a row, today's Candorville daily strip is another 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Sep 18, 2021, 8:30:04 AM9/18/21
The Candorville daily strip for September 18, 2021 being another 2019 rerun for 2 days in a row, that is.

Darryl H

Oct 9, 2021, 7:02:37 AM10/9/21
Today's Candorville daily strip for October 9, 2021 is a 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Oct 16, 2021, 7:10:07 AM10/16/21
Today's Candorville daily strip for October 16, 2021 is another 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Oct 19, 2021, 4:00:31 PM10/19/21
I think Candorville may be 2019 reruns all week this October 18-23, 2021 week.

Darryl H

Nov 7, 2021, 7:21:10 AM11/7/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

Today's Candorville Sunday strip for November 7, 2021 is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Nov 8, 2021, 7:25:43 AM11/8/21
I think Candorville may be 2019 reruns this November 8-13, 2021 week for all week.

Darryl H

Nov 27, 2021, 6:59:50 AM11/27/21
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

Today's Candorville daily strip for November 27, 2021 is a rerun from 2012.

Darryl H

Nov 29, 2021, 7:38:08 AM11/29/21
Rumor has it this November 29-December 4, 2021 week Candorville may be all 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Dec 20, 2021, 7:10:18 AM12/20/21
Rumor has it this December 20-25, 2021 week Candorville may be all reruns from 2011.

Darryl H

Dec 26, 2021, 7:16:28 AM12/26/21
Today's Sunday, December 26, 2021 Candorville Sunday strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Dec 27, 2021, 7:03:58 AM12/27/21
Candorville could be starting week #2 in 2019 daily rerun mode this week for New Year's end of 2021/start of 2022 (December 27, 2021-January 1, 2022) week.

Darryl H

Jan 3, 2022, 7:46:12 AM1/3/22
Candorville could be starting week #3 in rerun mode this January 3-8, 2022 week.

Darryl H

Jan 9, 2022, 7:56:19 AM1/9/22
And today's Candorville January 9, 2022 Sunday strip is a 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Jan 10, 2022, 7:07:01 AM1/10/22
After 3 weeks of daily reruns, new daily Candorville strips resumed today on January 10, 2022.

Darryl H

Jan 23, 2022, 7:10:22 AM1/23/22
Today's Candorville January 23, 2022 Sunday strip is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

Jan 30, 2022, 8:55:48 AM1/30/22
The last 2 days for January 29, 2022 (daily) and January 30, 2022 (Sunday) Candorville has been reruns from 2020.

Darryl H

Feb 5, 2022, 7:05:45 AM2/5/22
Today's Feb. 5, 2022 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

Feb 6, 2022, 7:08:03 AM2/6/22
Here's whar Candorville artist Darrin Bell said about off and on once a week and/or full week Candorville reruns on gocomics.com: "Aside from Candorville, I’m raising three small kids (with another one on the way), writing and drawing two graphic novels, creating editorial cartoons, and working on a middle grade novel. I will NEVER stop creating Candorville. But it isn’t all I do. While I try to minimize reruns, there will be reruns whenever i need there to be reruns, to avoid dropping dead of a heart attack, and to avoid losing the joy I still feel creating the strip. I hope you can understand that."

Darryl H

Feb 12, 2022, 7:28:05 AM2/12/22
Today's Feb. 12, 2022 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2020 again. This is the 3rd. Saturday in a row for a Candorville daily strip on a Saturday to be a rerun while Monday thru Friday were new Candorville strips.

Darryl H

Feb 13, 2022, 7:39:40 AM2/13/22
It is now 2 days in a row for Candorville reruns since today's Feb. 13, 2022 Candorville Sunday strip is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

Feb 14, 2022, 8:11:54 AM2/14/22
And it is now 3 days in a row for Candorville reruns as of Feb. 14, 2020, rumor has it this weeks Feb. 14-19, 2022 Candorville daily strips will be a week of 2020 reruns.

Darryl H

Feb 20, 2022, 6:55:28 AM2/20/22
And it is now 9 days in a row for Candorville to be in reruns - daily and Sunday - since today's Feb. 20, 2022 Sunday Candorville strip is another 2020 rerun.

Darryl H

Feb 27, 2022, 7:42:46 AM2/27/22
For Feb. 27, 2022 - It is now 3 Sundays in a row for the Sunday Candorville strip to be 2020 Sunday reruns.

Darryl H

Mar 6, 2022, 7:28:29 AM3/6/22
For March 6, 2022 - It is now 4 Sundays in a row for the Sunday Candorville strip to be 2020 Sunday reruns, does this mean Darrin Bell is no longer doing Sunday Candorville strips?

Darryl H

Mar 12, 2022, 7:09:34 AM3/12/22
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:45:24 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> Seperate from the COMIC STRIP RERUN WEEK THREADS, this is a thread dealing with the occassional few times a week to maybe a full week of the comic strip Candorville (like WPWG has put Pickles in a few times a week reruns mixed in with new strips) - some with COVID face masks added in?.

Today's Candorville daily Saturday March 12, 2022 strip is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

Mar 13, 2022, 7:12:54 AM3/13/22
For March 13, 2022 - It is now 5 Sundays in a row for the Sunday Candorville strip to be 2020 Sunday reruns. Did Darrin Bell stop doing Candorville Sunday strips a month ago?

Darryl H

Mar 14, 2022, 10:29:01 AM3/14/22
Here's a facebook message I got from Darrin Bell that he hasn't ceased doing Sunday Candorville strips: "I explained to you in a response to one of your posts that I’m using reruns whenever I need to, because I’m creating a graphic novel. That’s labor intensive, and there are only so many hours in the day."

Darryl H

Apr 11, 2022, 12:11:31 PM4/11/22
Last week for April 4-9, 2022 Candorville was a week of 2019 reruns and this week for April 11-17, 2022 Candorville may be in another 2019 rerun week.

Darryl H

Apr 23, 2022, 7:03:23 AM4/23/22
Today's Saturday, April 23, 2022 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

Apr 24, 2022, 7:10:32 AM4/24/22
Today's Sunday, April 24, 2022 Candorville Sunday strip is a rerun from 2020 as well.

Darryl H

Apr 25, 2022, 7:40:11 AM4/25/22
I think for the April 25-30, 2022 week Candorville will be a week of 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

May 1, 2022, 7:10:43 AM5/1/22
And for the second Sunday in a row the Sunday Candorville strip for May 1, 2022 is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

May 16, 2022, 7:18:29 AM5/16/22
This week for May 16-21, 2022 Candorville may be AWOR (Another week of Reruns) from 2019.

Darryl H

May 22, 2022, 7:01:58 AM5/22/22
And today's Candorville May 22, 2022 Sunday strip is a rerun from 2020.

Darryl H

May 23, 2022, 6:52:36 AM5/23/22
And for May 23-28, 2022 Candorville may be entering week #2 in 2019 daily rerun mode.

Darryl H

May 29, 2022, 6:46:17 AM5/29/22
And today's Sunday May 29, 2022 Candorville Sunday strip is another 2019 rerun.

Darryl H

Jun 4, 2022, 7:05:43 AM6/4/22
Today's June 4, 2022 Candorville daily strip is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jun 13, 2022, 7:13:27 AM6/13/22
Looks like as of June 13, 2022 Candorville is about to do another week of 2019 daily reruns.